PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok report April 2018

a447
March 31st, 2018, 01:27
I arrived at Suwanaphumi around 11:30 am. Along the way to Immigration I managed to get past a number of Chinese tour groups but when I reached the entry my heart sank. There were at least 6 more groups ahead of me.

Damn! I'll never get out of here.

My spirits were lifted - actually, they positively soared - when I saw a sign stating that Immigration now has a "vision." Thank god for that. Their "vision" will save the day!

But they appear to have developed cataracts. If they really had a vision they'd be dispatching immigration officers up to Chinese airports to process the tourists before they arrive. Either that, or create a dedicated immigration area for them. But TIT so this just continue on as per usual.

They also have a new mission statement, represented by the letters S.M.A.R.T.
Each letter stands for something but the writing was too small to be read by anyone without a telescope. That may have been deliberate, because if we could read it, they would have to actually carry out the mission. Best keep it hidden.

It took over an hour to get through. Only half the booths were manned. But luckily, many of the tour group members seemed disorganised and were standing aside filling in their immigration forms, thus allowing others to get past them.

Against my better judgement I decided to take a taxi into town instead of the train - I figured at 1pm there shouldn't be a lot of traffic. At first the wasn't, and the driver was able to slam it into first gear and put his foot down. But once out of the taxi zone we ran straight into a massive traffic jam.

It took over an hour to reach Silom.

My guy was patiently waiting for me at the hotel and we want straight up to the room after check-in and got down to business. He wasn't in town during my last visit so it's been 6 months since we last met. We had a lot of lost time to make up and he put in a remarkable performance. He was perhaps spurred on by the fact that as soon as he entered the room I gave him a bottle of his favourite eau de toilette. After we'd finished and showered he gave me a nice squirt - the second for the day! LOL

Tonight I went to the show at Moonlight, which has opened in the old Jupiter Bar off Suriwong.

After buying a 400 baht drink ticket at the entrance I was ushered to my seat. The bar was quite full, but not with Chinese women as I had expected, but with Asian men.

I arrived as the first show was in full swing. Six muscle guys were showing off their bodies but to be honest, only two look as though they'd seen the inside is a gym. Nothing to see here.

The next act consisted of about 20 guys "dancing.". Now these guys are all 100% straight - no fems here - and we know straight guys can't dance to save themselves. They were uncoordinated, awkward and self-conscious but it was really very entertaining. You don't need cock to be entertained. (I can't believe I just wrote that!) They were all having a great time on stage together, laughing and joking their way through the dance sequence, and that's what made it so refreshing and entertaining.

This was followed by a guy from China who appeared on stage in high heels and bondage gear. He was a pole dancer, and a very skilled one at that. But he was rather unattractive and the heavy make-up couldn't hide a face pock-marked by acne. Most unfortunate.

Still no cock. But never fear, we now had a stripper on stage. And right at the end we got a glimpse of his large appendage.

The last act was the big cock show.

After the show only 5 guys came back on stage; I'm guessing all those others just do the show. Although they are my type, I didn't find them in any way attractive. In fact, I only saw one guy I'd describe as handsome and he was sitting with a customer. The boys were ill-fitting red shorts which do them no favours.

At one stage I turned around to find that the customers who had been sitting behind me had all left - I was one of 5 still in the bar, so with that I got up and left.

I like the layout of the bar; it's quite small and compared to the Soi Twilight bars, I found it very intimate.

But I don't think I'll be back.

I walked past Soi Twilight to and from Moonlight, and given that it was a Saturday night, the crowd was very disappointing. For the first time I could stand at the head of the soi and get a clear view of Classic Boys.

Oliver2
March 31st, 2018, 01:52
Well, apart from that Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the show? Perhaps the most depressing report of a first night in Bangkok I've read. I hope things improve for a447 tomorrow.

DaveyJonesLocker
March 31st, 2018, 03:44
Well, apart from that Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the show? Perhaps the most depressing report of a first night in Bangkok I've read. I hope things improve for a447 tomorrow.He got laid, what's to complain about?

arsenal
March 31st, 2018, 05:49
The last time I left Bangkok the departure hall only had one side operating so it took twice as long and was a close run thing to catch the plane. Again, the majority were Chinese. I sent an e-mail to AoT. I explained that the Chinese go into panic mode extremely quickly and from there into stampede. I have yet to receive a reply.

dinagam
March 31st, 2018, 08:38
Arsenal, you should have included in the e-mail a video clip of "panic mode and stampede" for the benefit of the airport authority.

Dalewood
March 31st, 2018, 10:26
“You don’t need cock to be entertained “

A447, to which hospital should I send your flowers?

MiniMee
March 31st, 2018, 10:40
I walked past Soi Twilight to and from Moonlight, and given that it was a Saturday night, the crowd was very disappointing

That’s funny, because I was on Soi Twilight last night too and for me, it was definitely Friday night. I am still looking forward to my Saturday night bar hoping. And I’m sure it’s still March....

I visited Dream Boys, which was not at full capacity for their 10:30 show. About 70% full and lacking the usual mass of Chinese visitors. Still a good bunch of gogo boys on stage; 65 according to the MC. Later, I went up to XSize and was the only customer at 11:40. But 3 other punters and two couples entered later on, 2 left with an off, although I did not. The boys even put on a 5-act show for the few of us still there at 12:30.

Drinks were B500 in Dream Boys and B400 at XSize but I gave the B100 change to the waiter as I have seen him around in various bars for many years and he is looking very thin these days.

a447
April 1st, 2018, 00:54
I met up with a couple of guys from the forum tonight. To my complete surprise, they told me today was Saturday, not Sunday. So minimee, now your post makes sense.

When you are not working you lose track of the days, as you don't need to be anywhere on a specific day.

And as I retired early and haven't worked for years, I never know what day it is!

Apologies for the mistake.

a447
April 1st, 2018, 13:07
The story so far :

I arrived in Bangkok, apparently on Friday, got fucked and went to a new bar.

The story continues here :

After an energetic afternoon session with my friend, I accompanied him back to his bar as he said one of the guys wanted a chuck-wow.

Sure. No probrem.

In I go, out it comes, off we go and out it comes.

The sticky mess reminded me of something - the mango and sticky rice dessert at Jim Thompson! So off I went to the restaurant on Suriwong, just around the corner from the bar. It was delicious. It's the only time I'll eat rice which has been sweetened.

Later in the evening I met up with two board members and we went out for dinner at Dicks. I don't know about them, but I had a great time chatting and listening to stories about the various paths they have taken in life. We all have a life story to tell and theirs were very interesting.

Afterwards, we all headed off in different directions. Having just discovered that it was a Saturday night I first thought about going back to Moonlight Bar. I originally went there to see their show, which received high praise on another board. I left disappointed. But like many other bars, maybe they keep the best shows for Saturday nights when the crowds tend to be bigger,

But I decided to go to Golden Cock, where I can enjoy my own private show. After the last customer left, my friend locked the door and stood guard outside so that the fun could begin inside.

Six guys sat with me and it was drinks and cock all around. One guy I met back in January was very shy at the time. He would watch the proceedings but never take part, his cock staying well and truly ensconced in his pants. But this time it was in my face the moment he heard the click of the door lock. Don't you just love quick learners?

He's a lovely guy but unfortunately, doesn't speak a word of English. My Thai is limited to "Hello, what's your name? Where you from? You wanna chuck-wow?" That's about it. But he seems to think I'm fluent and just rattles on in Thai. I do the Asian thing and just sit there nodding and smiling, with a "Really? How interesting!" look on my face. Last night I think he was talking about his family. But then again, he could have been giving me the weather report. No idea.

But when you get down to business, you let your hands do the talking. Here a chuck, there a chuck, everywhere a chuck chuck.

Heaven!

But not all endings are happy, as I realised when presented with the bill. Oh dear, after handing out the well-deserved tips, I discovered that I didn't have enough money. How embarrassing! "No probrem" - I could pay the rest tomorrow. But I wasn't having that so I went back to the hotel to get the rest. I like to settle my bills there and then.

I'm back at the Tarntawan, and I'm regretting it already. It's the only hotel I've ever stayed at where I feel bullied by the cleaning staff. They knock on the door at some ungodly hour wanting to clean my room. There have been times when I've been asleep and didn't hear them knocking. I'd awake to find them at the foot of my bed! They'd just opened the door and barged in unannounced!

On a couple of occasions I'd asked them to wait 5 minutes, quickly threw on some clothes, vacated the room and went downstairs. I went back 45 minutes later, only to find the room hadn't been cleaned!

No use complaining to the staff, as they don't speak English. But surely they could tell by the look on my face that I was very, very unhappy. Last time, I complained to the manager who apologised profusely.

But TIT. Nothing has changed.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 1st, 2018, 14:47
I'm back at the Tarntawan, and I'm regretting it already. It's the only hotel I've ever stayed at where I feel bullied by the cleaning staff. They knock on the door at some ungodly hour wanting to clean my room. There have been times when I've been asleep and didn't hear them knocking. I'd awake to find them at the foot of my bed! They'd just opened the door and barged in unannounced!

Isn't that standard procedure in a hotel unless you have put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door? It doesn't always work for my neighbours when I stay in hotels. If they have disturbed my sleep I make sure the sign on their door always reads "Make up my room now" when I go down to my early breakfast.

a447
April 1st, 2018, 17:09
In the hotels I frequent, it is not "standard procedure" for cleaning staff to walk in when the customer is sleeping. Cleaning staff know which rooms are occupied and which are not.

At the Tarntawan there is no "Do not disturb" sign to hang on the door.

There is a push-button electronic "sign" outside the door but in all my years I've stayed here it has never worked.

The staff want me to fit into their schedule. Sorry, I'm paying so they fit into mine. The manager told me the staff are in attendance all day, so any time during the day should be ok.

I used to give them a generous tip, but anyone who knocks on the door at 9 am gets nothing.

Jellybean
April 1st, 2018, 18:02
When I read your original post saying:

. . . and given that it was a Saturday night, the crowd was very disappointing . . .

. . . When you are not working you lose track of the days, as you don't need to be anywhere on a specific day.

And as I retired early and haven't worked for years, I never know what day it is!

Apologies for the mistake.

I must admit, a447, you had me doubting myself for one minute on Saturday morning until I checked my phone calendar. But as someone who was obliged to take early retirement, I do understand how it is possible, when not in work, to mix up your days, as one day merges easily into the next. These days, I look at an actual calendar and my phone calendar more than I ever did when I was in gainful employment.

Jellybean
April 1st, 2018, 18:25
. . . Later in the evening I met up with two board members and we went out for dinner at Dicks. I don't know about them, but I had a great time chatting and listening to stories about the various paths they have taken in life. We all have a life story to tell and theirs were very interesting . . .

It was a pleasure meeting you and the other forum member last night, a447. And glad we were able to re-set your body clock. ;)

After the dinner, you may have noticed I took quite a fancy to some of the ‘Soi Twilight’ masseurs, as we exited from the soi. I really must get myself back there early next week and make the most of my remaining time in Thailand.

. . . But I decided to go to Golden Cock, where I can enjoy my own private show. After the last customer left, my friend locked the door and stood guard outside so that the fun could begin inside.

Six guys sat with me and it was drinks and cock all around . . . Oh dear, after handing out the well-deserved tips, I discovered that I didn't have enough money. How embarrassing! "No problem" - I could pay the rest tomorrow. But I wasn't having that so I went back to the hotel to get the rest. I like to settle my bills there and then . . .

Blimey! One moment you are mild mannered Clark Kent, sitting enjoying an evening meal, engaging in polite conversation with two other forum members, then following a quick change in a telephone box and, violà, you are turned into Captain Australia wielding a rod of iron and taking on all cumers!

And I was glad to hear that like a true Lannister, you paid your debts.

:D

MiniMee
April 1st, 2018, 18:44
Since the OP has now figured out which day of the week it is and since it was Saturday night last night (but it was still March) I’ll provide a further report on my visit:

I started the evening on Soi 4 with a light meal at The Balcony. The Soi was as busy as ever with a continuous procession of humanity enjoying the scene. There was some sort of anniversary event on at Stranger Bar, which made it even busier than usual.

Moving on to Jupiter 2018, where the price at the door is still B300 and a second drink is just B150, it represents very good value and equivalent to ‘2-for-1’ pricing when compared to Soi Twilight bars. The show was up to the usual Jupiter quality with maybe 50 boys, all conforming to to the Jupiter standard with clean-cut athletic physiques, many of whom participate in the brilliantly choreographed dance numbers. The star of the show for me is #55 who does a fantastic solo performance of that old classic ‘The Stripper’ with amazing stage presence and an....err....outstanding finale!

I watched both shows at Jupiter but, feeling that the night was still young I headed over to Soi Twilight, which seemed quite busy at 12:00, and was persuaded to go upstairs to HotMale by the persistent but friendly barker, who I know well. The bar had about 20 customers and 20 boys on stage. I chatted with my favorite waiter and we were joined by Bon, a cute Lao boy who I also know well from previous visits. They put on a bit of a show at 12:30 with a bit of Coyote dancing thrown in.

We then headed over to Soi 2 which was heaving with party people and the air thick with cigarette smoke. We fought our way inside DJ for a breath of fresh air! After an hour of bumping and grinding on the dance floor and on the second floor which was busy with MBs, we flowed out onto the street at 2:00am when the music died. We then grabbed some snacks from the street vendors who are there to meet the needs of hundreds of hungry boys, before retiring to my hotel to satisfy a different hunger.

Another typical Saturday night in Silom: Eat, Sleep, Rave, repeat.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 1st, 2018, 18:59
In the hotels I frequent, it is not "standard procedure" for cleaning staff to walk in when the customer is sleeping. Cleaning staff know which rooms are occupied and which are not.

I used to give them a generous tip, but anyone who knocks on the door at 9 am gets nothing.Well now frequent obviously you and I stay at a different class of hotel. And I never tip hotel staff. There's a well known definition about people who repeat the same action but expect a different result; perhaps you should choose a different hotel. I can recommend Le Meridien across the road.

Jasper
April 1st, 2018, 19:34
Moving on to Jupiter 2018, The star of the show for me is #55 who does a fantastic solo performance of that old classic ‘The Stripper’ with amazing stage presence and an....err....outstanding finale!

I am happy that you enjoyed Jupiter show.
However for those reading your report and take notes for future visit to the bar, I would like to point out that the performer of the ‘The Stripper’ is #88 Aek, cute handsome faced boy with awesome six pack and ‘outstanding finale’ enormous erected cock.

#55 name is Arm who is taller than Aek does some brilliant shows too and is the most popular boy in Jupiter.

Incidentally #88 Aek is very popular with Asian female followers but the rumour says he flat out refuse to be offed by women saying ‘I am gay!’
After rejected the offer of 10,000B for the off, one female customer cried “Why are you gay!?” lol

Andaman!
April 1st, 2018, 20:12
I can recommend Le Meridien across the road..

Le Meridien was at its best in 2016 when they had an exceptionally helpful and handsome tall Dutch trainee on reception who was on placement from a European Hotel Management School. He was always immaculately dressed in a dark suit which failed to disguise that his corporate hospitality skills were not his only exceptional asset. He would always look you in the face with a warm welcome as you entered the lobby and it was a struggle to look him back in the face without glancing downwards at the tantalising outline that could be clearly seen below. I’m sure he will go far in his hotel management career - he was a real talent.

a447
April 1st, 2018, 20:17
Blimey! One moment you are mild mannered Clark Kent,....... engaging in polite conversation..

Well, that's how I am in the bar, too. The only difference is, I haven't got a clue what they're saying!

Dalewood
April 1st, 2018, 20:44
It seems that the Vietnamese boys in soi Twilight have departed to be replaced with Burmese boy. One was mightily impressed that I could name three cities in Burma. I should have offed him.

gerefan2
April 1st, 2018, 21:25
I fail to underatand your problems with the cleaners at the Tarntawan.

I stayed there twice this year and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. I slept in two or three times due to late finishes/ jet lag and merely hanged the sign on the door and used the electronic selector next to the bed...”do not clean room”.

I was never disturbed and on some of the days they didn’t appear at all as I was in bed all afternoon. Just as I wanted.

a447
April 2nd, 2018, 01:27
I fail to underatand your problems with the cleaners at the Tarntawan.

Obviously, so do I.

I think it's because in the past I've acquiesced to their demands and just vacated the room without question. Maybe word has gotten around that I'm an easy touch.

But anyway, I got a "Do not disturb" sign from the reception.

And yes, I've pushed the button on the bedside selector, but to no avail. It's probably not working, or maybe it's like the "close doors" button in the elevators - it's not actually connected to anything!

a447
April 2nd, 2018, 02:22
This afternoon was a carbon copy of yesterday - a romp in the sack, and then over to the bar to service my chuck-wowee. After that, it was off to dinner with my boy.

I decided to take in the show at Jupiter, just to see if it lived up to its reputation.

It didn't.

I arrived at 9:15 in good time for the 10:15 show in order to secure a front row seat. Unfortunately, they were all reserved and I was ushered to a seat behind one of the pillars. Nice one Jupiter!

As the time for the show approached the bar got very crowded (I think I was the only farang in the bar) so I decided to quickly move; I managed to find a better seat - actually it was a stool, at the side of the stage. It gave me a great view into the open change rooms.

There were about 15 boys in the rotation and some of the bodies were to die for! Absolutely incredible. Numbers 40, 43, 40 and 4 stood out. But only a couple of the boys were what I would deem handsome - the others looked similar to boys in the Soi Twilight bars. Nothing special at all. In fact the most stunning guy in the bar was the Asian guy sitting with his boyfriend in front of me. I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was super cute.

Back to the boys on stage. I made eye contact with number 49. I kept staring at his bulge. He kept staring at mine, too. I refer, of course, to the bulge of money in my top pocket. If only he knew most of the notes were 100 baht! (Then again, he was probably thinking, if only he knew most of my bulge was silicone.)

The first "act " consisted of the boys - all 27 of them - parading on the catwalk. This was followed by a ladyboy lip-syncing while 5 guys gyrated around her, thrusting their pelvices at her.

Next, 4 guys "danced" and bared their butts at the end.

This was followed by a very energetic hula hoop show. But still no cock.

Then I saw it. I caught a glimpse of a cock as a boy in the change room climbed the stairs.

The strip show which followed is the first time I've seen such an act where nothing is revealed. The guy just pranced around to the music, eventually stripping down to his undies, attempting to excite us with even more pelvic thrusts. Very disappointing.

Next, 5 boys came out draped in curtain fabric. And guess what - more pelvic thrusts.

The boys then all appeared on stage and just stood there. My eyes landed on number 4 - not because he was particularly handsome (but he had a great body) but because he looked more farang than Thai. (I don't know which part of him is Thai, but I hope it comes from Issan and is located in the lower half of his body!)

Five boys then appeared in their underwear and coordinated their pelvic thrusts to George Michael's "I Want Your Sex."

Still no sign of cock.

In a recent moment of madness I proclaimed that cock is not necessary for an act to be entertaining.

I was wrong!

A stripper suddenly appeared. And you guessed it, more pelvic thrusts. But right at the very end he whippe away his last item of clothing and we got a millisecond glimpse of an enormous hard cock. And that was it.

After a dismal ladyboy lip-sync, accompanied by 4 pelvic thrusting guys, 4 guys came on wearing towels. Do I need to describe their "dance" moves?

By now I had lost the will to live. So I got up and left.

Considering all the hype about Jupiter, it was a real let-down. I was aware that nudity was not the main game but I thought the show was supposed to be really super sexy and that all the guys had model looks. The dance moves were awkward and out of sync - just like the guys at Moonlight.

To be honest, I've seen better looking guys and more interesting shows in Soi Twilight.

The 300 baht entry, includes one drink. I believe subsequent drinks are 150 baht.

I'd rather pay 500 baht at Dreamboys.

So off I went to Golden Cock where they locked the door so I could enjoy an exquisite blow-job by a guy way more handsome and sexy than any boy I saw in Jupiter.

MiniMee
April 2nd, 2018, 14:03
Sunday night in Bangkok and I decided to visit Golden Cock which is a bar I hadn’t been to for many years. On previous visits I found it to be a total dump, with filthy furniture, a dismal selection of mangy boys and a creepy mamasan.

So with my preconceptions firmly set I went along determined to have my prejudices reinforced and I am delighted to report that I was not disappointed. I entered at 11:00 pm which is a time most bars are busy but found one solitary customer in a dark corner and 3 skinny heavily tattooed scruffs standing on the platform. I stayed for a beer and chatted with the lad that invited himself to sit with me, but the conversation was far from scintillating.

Not much else to report but suffice it to say I won’t be hurrying back any time soon.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 2nd, 2018, 14:21
I've been to a hi-so lesbian birthday party so I might need to go there myself to get rid of the smell of anchovies.

a447
April 2nd, 2018, 17:00
Mimimee wrote:

which is a bar I hadn’t been to for many years.

You should go there more often, as you obviously got lost and ended up in some other bar.

First of all, there are no "mangy boys" there. I've been doing trip reports here for 12 years and none of the boys I've ever described fit the guys you've mentioned. I don't do "mangy."

Secondly, the mama-san, Jay, is the sweetest guy and in no way 'creepy."

Thirdly, you would have no idea if the furniture was filthy (it isn't) as it's too dark to see.

Fourthly, there is only one boy you could describe as "skinny," the boys do not stand on any platform, and they are not "scruffy" They are all the "boy next door" types. Oh, and I don't do scruffy, either.

But the most telling point that demonstrates you were in the wrong bar is the fact that only one guy, Tum, is "heavily tattooed." Out of all the other regular boys, four have no tattoos at all, and one has a small tattoo on his left shoulder.

I think your research skills are....err...."impaired."

Now, had you told me you were in Super A (or Nature Boy), I would believe you. Your description mirrors that of myself and others regarding Super A.

You definitely were not in Golden Cock.

And I've never seen a report on any gay website which describes Golden Cock they way you have.

Google "Golden Cock bar Bangkok" and click on "reviews."

Next time, I suggest you take a map.

Dimsumbear
April 3rd, 2018, 22:36
I hope it is not too rude to ask exactly how much golden cock would charge for a similar night? Precisely owning a private piece of heaven behind guarded doors for the evening? I have always wanted to try but got intimidated for how much would I have to pay afterwards lol

Nirish guy
April 4th, 2018, 01:29
At the Tarntawan there is no "Do not disturb" sign to hang on the door.

There is a push-button electronic "sign" outside the door but in all my years I've stayed here it has never worked.

Two things - a) they do have and actively use the “do not disturb” signs in TP, I normally find mine sitting up on the shelf beside the condoms and toothbrush basket.

B) ( and I’m not trying to be funny here) but you DO know that that “make up my room” sign outside your door is / has to be activated by you pressing a button saying the same on the box that sits beside your bed thst controls your room lights and air con etc and isn’t something that you pressed when outside in the hallway etc - but you DID know that I’m sure - right ? :-)

a447
April 4th, 2018, 01:47
I hope it is not too rude to ask exactly how much golden cock would charge for a similar night? Precisely owning a private piece of heaven behind guarded doors for the evening? I have always wanted to try but got intimidated for how much would I have to pay afterwards lol

Well, I don't really work to a budget so in that way maybe I'm lucky and can just sit back and enjoy the evening without worrying about anything.

It all depends on what you want to do. For example tonight I had two of my favourite guys sit with me for the entire evening. I chuck-wowed one and played with the other. Both "entertained" me. They are free to drink as much as they want, but they always ask politely first before ordering even though they know they don't have to.

I'm normally not a drinker but when I sit with them I actually get stuck into the beer. I'm not sure how many drinks we had tonight but probably 5 or 6. Maybe more. They got quite drunk and became even more playful, if that's possible.

An average night with drinks and tips costs around 4000 baht. On my second night I think I paid around 6000, but I had more than 2 guys. I don't normally spend that much.

But if you just sit with one boy, of course it is a lot cheaper. And you can still have heaps of fun. Just be aware that if you or the boy cums you have to pay the bar 400 baht. Your tip is on top of that.

One of the guys I sit with I first met back in January. At that time he was too shy to do anything but now he's up for all kinds of fun once the doors are closed. He couldn't speak a word of English back then, but I'm amazed at how much he's learnt in the last 4 months. He's about 22 and a really lovely guy. The other guy is gay but not effeminate. He has a wicked sense of humour.

We pass the hours together teaching each other English and Thai, drinking, laughing a lot and, of course, enjoying as much hands-on fun as we want. By the time I've at down and made myself comfortable, they are as hard as a rock, ready for action. They are both very eager.

I have so much fun there - fun that I can't enjoy back home - that I don't care what it costs. Whatever I pay, it's a bargain as far as I'm concerned.

I was planning to go to Pattaya after I get back from Korea but I've now decided to stay here.

If you want more detail, feel free to pm me.

a447
April 4th, 2018, 01:57
B) ( and I’m not trying to be funny here) but you DO know that that “make up my room” sign outside your door is / has to be activated by you pressing a button saying the same on the box that sits beside your bed thst controls your room lights and air con etc and isn’t something that you pressed when outside in the hallway etc - but you DID know that I’m sure - right ? :-)

Lol.

Yes, I was aware of that. But because they kept knocking on the door, I actually went outside thinking I had to press it.

What it shows is that the light was lit up - I pressed the button on the bedside console before I turned the light off and went to sleep - yet they ignored it and knocked anyway.

Today was ok because i went out before the cleaners arrived on my floor.

BTW, I just checked the fridge and you'll be pleased to know that I found one Van Houten chocolate bar lurking behind the drinks.

And there is no 'Do not disturb" sign anywhere in the room. Believe me, I looked!

Nirish guy
April 4th, 2018, 02:44
I actually went outside thinking I had to press it.

BTW, I just checked the fridge and you'll be pleased to know that I found one Van Houten chocolate bar lurking behind the drinks.

And there is no 'Do not disturb" sign anywhere in the room. Believe me, I looked!

A) Well now you may not have been the first ever person to do that and indeed a certain Irish farang may have stood doing exactly the same thing after a tipple or two one evening trying to turn it off from the hallway - that's how I know - i mean HE knows ( as he told me) that that doesn't work :)

b) The chocolate I think I'm going to have to buy in bulk when next there in July if I bother myself as I actually tried to get some here in the UK and it's not to be had anywhere it seems ! I actually read a chocolate blog about it and apparently it's made by Hershey from the US and in chocolate circles is considered to be low grade crap, but I like it - or at least I THINK I do as it may well be me mixing up post fun chocolate eating with ACTUALLY liking it and just confusing myself, either way it always brings back nice memories ! :-)

C) I'll stand by your updated info then and I wonder is that all part of the new ownership thing in trying to "turn the rooms" around faster / more efficiently as I have to admit one of the things I like and reasons I still use TP is the fact you can walk in and out at any time of the day and ask for your room to be serviced, perhaps a few times a day even and it's done quickly. I hope they're not trying to cut that down to a between 10am and 2pm thing or I'm screwed ! Remember to always push the metal "chain" bar across if nothing else, that'll stop the buggers in their tracks if they try to come in.

Have to say if they try to barge in and wake me too early by god they'll only make that mistake once before they have me loudly advising them to bugger off and let me sleep - that usually does the trick - although to be honest I've never had that problem in the TP - hence me wondering is it a change of policy perhaps - lets hope not !

DaveyJonesLocker
April 4th, 2018, 09:56
What it shows is that the light was lit up - I pressed the button on the bedside console before I turned the light off and went to sleep - yet they ignored it and knocked anyway.

So maybe they're deliberately doing it because they DO remember you if no-one else has this experience?

DaveyJonesLocker
April 4th, 2018, 09:58

Me too! Thanks for asking this question. But do the boys actively join in with each other as well, or is it all just focussed on the customer?

arsenal
April 4th, 2018, 11:15
A personal request for a minute by minute account of a447s time in a.gogo bar with multiple boys from DavyJonesLocker. Its like all his birthdays have come at once. Maybe the boys did the same. Take it away a447.
:clapping:

a447
April 4th, 2018, 13:17
Nirish wrote:

hence me wondering is it a change of policy perhaps - lets hope not !

That did cross my mind, especially as I'm not the only one to report problems with the cleaners. Your comment may be apposite as I would not be so presumptuous as to think that everyone who has had a negative experience with the cleaners is a member of a gay forum where they could post their comments.

Maybe the hotel wants the cleaners to get the job done quickly and so decrease their working hours.

But I just think it's simply a case of the cleaners wanting to clean all the rooms on the same floor for their own convenience. Understandable.

The only other problem I have had with them over the years is that they sometimes forget to leave the two bottles of water, a bathmat (like yesterday) or a spare toilet roll - essential for our after the deed clean-up. But that's no big deal.

But not getting enough sleep, especially when I'm on holiday, is a big deal for me. I don't want to wander around all day half asleep.

But the cleaning ladies are very pleasant and I appreciate the yuk factor, having to clean up after our "activities." Mopping up cum and picking up used condoms with their bare hands is not something that would attract me to the job.

Everything else about the Tarntawan is fine, especially when you consider what you are paying. It's why I'm back again.

I just get the impression that the Thais think like Australians - that will do, close enough, she'll be right, no worries mate.

Oliver2
April 4th, 2018, 14:16
I hope guests are generous with tips. The wages of hotel staff are low and,s a447 says, the ones at Tarntawan are always so pleasant. He may be joking when he mentions the distressing aspects of attending to the needs of the more vulgar of tourists but I fear that such things actually happen.

a447
April 4th, 2018, 15:04
And at the end of the day, I'm an old softee at heart.

Despite my complaint, which is trivial in the grand scheme of things, the ladies will get a substantial tip before I leave on Saturday.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 4th, 2018, 15:55
I hope guests are generous with tips. The wages of hotel staff are low.

Yet hotel staff in Thailand tend to stay on and on and on, quite loyally. Why is that? If wages are better in other occupations why don't they leave and go there?

Oliver2
April 4th, 2018, 17:14
Perhaps they have children to feed? Any suggestions for a young man/woman with basic education in the most expensive city in Thailand? My boyfriend tried work in both 711 and Big C; the pay was very poor (6000 bht per month- this was few years ago) and only just paid for his simple room and street-side food. He didn't have kids of course (thank heavens).
People like a447 and I'm sure many others on this board may not be aware of it it but they are helping to buy school uniforms and other basics which working-class pay barely addresses by giving tips which are less than the price of a beer. The maids know it though. Perhaps that's why they are so kind to us, often beyond the call of duty.

Asia Traveler
April 4th, 2018, 17:23
Just checked out at Tartawan Surawong. No issues with cleaning staff but I had and used the door tag. Not sure if electronics work any more in my room. I tip cleaning staff daily 40B and they take very good care of me but I did have a corner suite as well.

dinagam
April 4th, 2018, 17:37
Those maids working in hotels I believe are Thais with minimal formal education. As long as they are employed there's a certain amount of security for themselves.
During my recent stay in Jomtian, I came across polite and efficient Myanmar nationals cleaning the rooms. Perhaps younger Thais can find better opportunities elsewhere.

a447
April 4th, 2018, 20:29
Not sure if electronics work any more in my room.

My bedside console was actually working all along, yet here was I thinking it must be broken as the staff kept knocking on the door. It turns out they were just ignoring the sign.

The satellite is down at the moment so no T.V. That's ok because I'm sick to death of hearing about Donald Trump and watching those panel "discussions" where everybody just shouts louder and louder in an attempt to talk over one another and be heard.

Overall, the facilities in the hotel are working well.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 5th, 2018, 04:34
Despite my complaint, which is trivial in the grand scheme of things, the ladies will get a substantial tip before I leave on Saturday.

Why limit it to "the ladies"? According to Oliver2 all hotel staff are poorly paid, so you should be tipping everyone, even the people you can't see such as the maintenance staff.

arsenal
April 5th, 2018, 06:10
I dont tip hotel chamber maids but i do give them gifts by often just collecting clean towels and telling them they don't need to bother cleaning the room.

a447
April 5th, 2018, 14:46
I am a great believer in the benefits accrued by tipping certain people in the service industry. I refer to those who you come into contact on a regular basis. That includes certain hotel staff and, of course, the guys I have fun with in the bars.

Deciding how much to tip is the problem. I want to be generous but not just hand out money hand over fist. I'm not a charity.

The three guys I meet every day at Golden Cock do quite well out of me, as does the bar. They know exactly how much they are going to get, and that they will have a regular income while I'm in town. The key for me is setting boundaries as far as tips are concerned and we all work within those boundaries. The boys know I'm not an endless money pit and so don't try it on. That allows us to relax and enjoy ourselves.

In return I get treated very well and even get the odd discount, which I refuse to accept, as it's silly for someone in my position to be on the receiving end of largesse from others who have less. But I appreciate the offer.

There are only three bars in Thailand where I have my regulars, who I've known over a number of years. So the boys never mention money or ask me to buy them things. (This is not always the case in other bars). If that were ever to happen it would result in a quick goodbye.

The other day we went out for dinner straight after our afternoon fun, and it was only in the restaurant that I realised I had not tipped my friend. Normally, a boy woukd say something - where's my tip? - before leaving the room but my guy said nothing. I apologised profusely but he just laughed it off and said I should have kept quiet because he also forgotten!

There have also been times when I haven't had the correct change for the boy's tip or, horror of horrors, I've discovered I didn't have enough money on me to pay the bill.

"No probrem. Later ok."

I've discovered what works best for me and the boys. It means I can enjoy the kind of fun denied me anywhere else.

On a different tack, last night was full of surprises.

The "young" guy who sits with me turned out not to be so young afterall. When he first joined the bar back in January someone in the bar told me they thought he was around 22. It turns out he's 29!

I thought he was just another Issan boy who moved to Bangkok to make money with his cock. Wrong! He showed me photos and videos of his work as a chef in a Japanese restaurant at the Sofitel Hotel! There he was on his chef's uniform, flipping prawns on the teppanyaki hotplate.

What on earth is he doing working in a sleazy gay bar, flopping his cock out for crusty old farang to play with? He's actually just taking a break from work as the long hours were doing him in. But he fully intends to go back to real work later.

One of the other guys is university educated and worked as a nurse. He's also taking a break and will go back to the job in the future.

Another surprise is, when I walked in the bar was in full party mode - with customers! One had opened a bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys, and there were 3 more customers sitting at the bar 'singing" karaoke.

So my fun was rather muted. The boys had their equipment out and at the ready but I declined. So they sat there the whole night playing with themselves as we drank and chatted.

What's not to like?

Nirish guy
April 5th, 2018, 15:38
What's not to like?

One word - karaoke ! :)

a447
April 5th, 2018, 16:32
One word - karaoke ! :)

Agreed!

But I never hear it. I'm otherwise occupied.

Jellybean
April 5th, 2018, 18:18
. . . Another surprise is, when I walked in the bar was in full party mode - with customers! One had opened a bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys . . . So my fun was rather muted . . .

Do you think that one of those customers who rained on your parade, a447, was another forum member who had a change of heart about the pleasures offered by the Golden Cock and decided to have a night off from raving at DJ Station?

The thought did cross my mind.

;)

a447
April 5th, 2018, 20:07
Yes, very possibly.

Last night it probably had more customers then Dreamboys! LOL

But true to form, my guys were not sitting with anyone; they waited for me to turn up.

a447
April 6th, 2018, 15:00
Oh, dear! What have I done?

Have my reports on Golden Cock led to the increase in customers?

For years customers were few and far between - I was almost always the only one in the bar and had the guys to myself. No real need to lock the doors; I could be guaranteed of fun, fun, fun without the threat of interruption.

Last night there was one customer sitting in the bar when I entered around 10:30. He had opened a second bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys. I've only ever sat on the same sofa over all these years and it's quite comfortable -it had my name on it, and probably some of my DNA, too! - but now I was relegated to one closer to the bar. And it's as hard as a rock.

One of my guys who I had chuck-wowed earlier in the day, left the customer and came over and sat with me. After a few drinks he wanted a repeat performance. I told him I was uncomfortable doing anything when there is someone else in the bar, but in the end I sat with my back to him and did the deed.

Unlike Eros, Golden Cock is quite a cosy bar and you are sitting in close proximity to others.

Earlier in the day it took at least 20 minutes for him to cum and last night was no different. I fact, my arm was about to fall off so I let him take matters into his own hands.

Then in walks another customer. And another. And with the whisky flowing freely and my guy settling in for yet another drinking session, the bar was in full party mode. The first customer then started the karaoke. Oh, dear! It was dreadful.

One o'clock came around very quickly. Time to close. But right at the last minute another customer came in and sat at the bar. I figured he'd be allowed one drink and then that would be it.

I got up to pay my bill and suddenly found myself in conversation with him. He was Russian and on his first trip to Asia. He had no idea where to go, how the off system works, etc, so I decided to order another drink and sit with him and give him a few tips.

They closed the doors and all the boys gathered around the bar. We were soon joined by two more customers, one a guy who works at the Tarntawan.

The Russian guy was really horny and decided he'd off my guy. How dare he! He's my guy!

In the end, he decided not to as he figured the boy was too drunk and probably couldn't get it up. But he'll be back to the bar tonight to off him.

By now it was 2:30. The manager was offering me free drinks, but I'd had enough. I left with the Russian.

On the way out he asked me where he could find a guy for the night. My only suggestion was to try the apps or wander up to Soi Twilight - he might find a free-lancer sitting on the stairs outside the bank. And then off to bed.

Have I shot myself in the foot?

MiniMee
April 6th, 2018, 19:20
Oh dear! What have I done.

.......I've only ever sat on the same sofa over all these years and it's quite comfortable -it had my name on it, and probably some of my DNA, too....

Dear Readers; I recently reported that the furniture in Golden Cock was filthy (ref post #23 in this very thread). a447 was quick deny any fault with his favored den of iniquity but now he has confirmed my observations to be true.

a447
April 6th, 2018, 20:46
Ummm...I was joking about the DNA!

I made a similar post in the past describing the sofas in Super A, when I said they were so old - dating from the 1980's - that they were held together with my cum. But I've never cum in that bar, as shown in my earlier reports.

Next time I'll add a smiley face, just for you.

Give me strength!

Jellybean
April 6th, 2018, 21:00
In the High Court of Justice

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! All those having business before my Lords the Queens Justices draw near. In the case of :

REGINA (ex parte MiniMee) v a447

On or before 2 April 2018 it is contended by the Crown on behalf of MiniMee that:

MiniMee did say, " I recently reported that the furniture in Golden Cock Bar was filthy (ref post #23 in the SGT thread entitled Bangkok Report April 2018 created by the member known as a447. He (a447) was, I put it to you the Jury, quick to deny any fault with his favored den of iniquity but now he has confirmed my observations to be true.

On 6 April 2018 MiniMee further contends that he [a447] did say:

I've only ever sat on the same sofa over all these years and it's quite comfortable - it had my name on it, and probably some of my DNA, too . . .

In his Defence, a447 states:

Ummm...I was joking about the DNA!

Next time I'll add a smiley face, just for you.

Give me strength!

Now you the Members of the Jury, the fully paid up and Honourable Members of the prestigious Sawatdee Gay Forum are HEREBY required to adjudicate between the Plaintiff MiniMee on the one hand and the Defendant a447 on the other hand.

Please submit your comments within the guidelines. You are reminded that no acidic comments will be tolerated, and that especially applies to you, DaveyJonesLocker!

a447
April 6th, 2018, 21:12
Oh, and I also forgot to mention that Jay and the boys clean the bar top to bottom every day in the afternoon.

Last night I suggested they change the hand towel in the toilet as it looked filthy. They quickly obliged and brought out a new one. But it's was exactly the same.

It turns out it was the colour that made it look dirty.

And what about all those other false accusations you made relating to guys with tattoos, the 3 skinny guys you say work there, etc.

You've had all this time to respond, yet you have remained silent.

arsenal
April 6th, 2018, 22:41
Point of order M'Lud Jellybean.

I contend that a447 is usually so giddy with delight at being surrounded with naked boys that his adrenalin levels are up there with a space shuttle pilot. Added to the inordinate alcohol consumption he invariably consumes I suggest that the witness is in no fit state to remember which seat he sat on over a 20 year history. I also put it to you that minimee has spent the best part of a decade in persuit of a recently detached member and that it is impossible to studiously follow the whatfore and wherehaveyou and whereabouts of two members simultaneously and that as such the case is without merit. I also put it to the honourable membership that DavyJonesLocker appears to have joined with grudges already in place and this marks him down as dishonorable and that the jury having been dismissed due to the lack of merit of the case for which they were assembled should now sit on the case of DavyJobesLockers honourablemess.

Thank you M'Lud Jellybean.

gerefan2
April 6th, 2018, 23:00
Point of order M'Lud Jellybean.
I also put it to the honourable membership that DavyJonesLocker appears to have joined with grudges already in place and this marks him down as dishonorable and that the jury having been dismissed due to the lack of merit of the case for which they were assembled should now sit on the case of DavyJobesLockers honourablemess.

Thank you M'Lud Jellybean.

In which case, I wish to appear as a witness as I pointed this out at least 10 days ago....

arsenal
April 6th, 2018, 23:11
I further put it to the esteemed membership that DavyJonesLocker would make a terrible spy. Not content with stealing old Pooty Poots state secrets he would want him to know how clever he'd been in doing so.

Nirish guy
April 6th, 2018, 23:19
In which case, I wish to appear as a witness as I pointed this out at least 10 days ago....

Was this ever in any doubt, i rest to strike this case being on the grounds that surely said person's persona was "blooming obviously" "dodgy" !?

However I do look forward to the rest of this case namely the DNA stained seats and A447's seemingly stained reputation going to the rest of the board for their verdict - if nothing else as I look forward to seeing the 495,678,000 votes coming in from our latest member tally ( or whatever that last massive number Moses tells us our membership is now rocketing past :)

DaveyJonesLocker
April 7th, 2018, 05:04
Oh, and I also forgot to mention that Jay and the boys clean the bar top to bottom every day in the afternoon.

Tops and bottoms surely?

Jellybean
April 7th, 2018, 12:03
In the High Court of Justice

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! All those having business before my Lords the Queen’s Justices draw near.

Order! Order!

The case of REGINA (ex parte MiniMee) v a447 is currently before the court.

Having listened very carefully to the submissions of the learned counsel for the defence, which for the ease of reference of the jury, I have listed below:

I contend that a447 is usually so giddy with delight at being surrounded with naked boys that his adrenalin levels are up there with a space shuttle pilot. Added to the inordinate alcohol consumption he invariably consumes I suggest that the witness is in no fit state to remember which seat he sat on over a 20 year history. I also put it to you that minimee has spent the best part of a decade in persuit of a recently detached member and that it is impossible to studiously follow the whatfore and wherehaveyou and whereabouts of two members simultaneously and that as such the case is without merit.

And taking into account the lack of supporting evidence on the part of the plaintiff, I am minded now to instruct the jury to dismiss the case against the defendant, a447.

Turning now to the counsel for the defence:

Gentlemen

Will you be seeking costs and damages against the plaintiff, MiniMee, on behalf of the defendant?

Now, with regard to the matter of DaveyJonesLocker, which was raised by learned counsel and is summarised below for ease of reference:

I also put it to the honourable membership that DavyJonesLocker appears to have joined with grudges already in place and this marks him down as dishonorable and that the jury having been dismissed due to the lack of merit of the case for which they were assembled should now sit on the case of DavyJobesLockers honourablemess.

Was this ever in any doubt, i rest to strike this case being on the grounds that surely said person's persona was "blooming obviously" "dodgy" !?

I regret to say that this matter is ultra vires and will therefore have to be referred to the Attorney General. If he is so minded to refer the matter to the Lord Chief Justice, then rest assured gerefan2, as a prime witness for the prosecution, you will more than likely have your day in court.

Case dismissed. You are now free to leave the court, a447.

All rise!

Jellybean
April 7th, 2018, 12:14
Oh, dear! What have I done? Have my reports on Golden Cock led to the increase in customers?

For years customers were few and far between - I was almost always the only one in the bar and had the guys to myself. No real need to lock the doors; I could be guaranteed of fun, fun, fun without the threat of interruption . . .

I fear you may well have, a447.

May I suggest that in future trips you submit your daily reports ‘as live’ after you have departed Bangkok and moved on to pastures new.

a447
April 7th, 2018, 12:55
I fear you may well have, a447.

May I suggest that in future trips you submit your daily reports ‘as live’ after you have departed Bangkok and moved on to pastures new.

That thought has crossed my mind but I like my info to be up to date.

But at the end of the day, we're here to share our experiences so others can go take a look for themselves and maybe have as much fun as I do. I've already received a number of PM'S asking for further....err...."details", which I'm always willing to provide.

If that means my fun is somewhat diminished (but not too much - where there's a will there's a way) then so be it.

C'est la vie!

And BTW, I'm very disappointed we didn't have a hung jury!

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to Yangon. Here's hoping there is something to report on.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 7th, 2018, 13:53
If that means my fun is somewhat diminished (but not too much - where there's a will there's a way) then so be it.

Make the most of it. By 2022 more than 14% of Thailand's population will be over 65. No wonder the place is flooded with Cambodians, Burmese and Lao.

francois
April 7th, 2018, 14:53
And BTW, I'm very disappointed we didn't have a hung jury!

Maybe yes, and maybe no; I understand that some on the jury are reported to be quite well hung. Sorry no names!

arsenal
April 7th, 2018, 14:58
Reported by whom Francois? Who here is in possession of this knowledge?

a447
April 7th, 2018, 16:55
Speaking of "hung" the Russian guy I met at Golden Cock the other night was telling me how hot Latino guys were and how well-endowed they are.

To prove his point he showed me a photo he'd taken of a guy's cock, and it was truly impressive.

He told me Latinos are really easy to get into bed.

Q: What's the difference between a straight Latino and a gay one?

A: Two beers.

A final observation on Bangkok - the demolition work on the buildings diagonally opposite the Patpong market seems nearly finished. I wonder how many asbestos fibres are now floating around on the air.

And a first observation on Yangon - the bellboy who took me to my room was as cute as a button! Just gorgeous!

Jellybean
April 7th, 2018, 18:05
. . . And BTW, I'm very disappointed we didn't have a hung jury!

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to Yangon. Here's hoping there is something to report on.

Well, you can’t have everything in this world, a447. And, being a well known connoisseur of the 'ii-sǎan type', I dare say there must have been plenty of that sort in the Golden Cock to keep you there as customer-in-residence for a week.

Hope all goes well in Yangon and I’ve just noted that the bellboy has already attracted your attention. Blimey! You don’t let the grass grow under your feet. Lol!

Looking forward to reading your reports in due course. Whatever you do, have fun!

francois
April 7th, 2018, 18:31
Reported by whom Francois? Who here is in possession of this knowledge?

Thai boyz.

Bert
April 7th, 2018, 19:23
Have a nice trip to Myanmar!
Looking forward to read your exciting reports here!

Uranus
April 7th, 2018, 21:52
And a first observation on Yangon - the bellboy who took me to my room was as cute as a button! Just gorgeous!

Looking forward to the report.

paborn
April 8th, 2018, 00:56
I'm a little confused - Is there a restaurant inside Jim Thompson's? Not arguing, jsut don't recall

DaveyJonesLocker
April 8th, 2018, 06:21
Speaking of "hung" the Russian guy I met at Golden Cock the other night was telling me how hot Latino guys were and how well-endowed they are.

To prove his point he showed me a photo he'd taken of a guy's cock, and it was truly impressive.

He told me Latinos are really easy to get into bed.

That's the trouble with generalisations. I had a three-way with a Colombian language student once and his endowment was both considerably skinnier and shorter than a typical whiteboard marker. However, he was easy to get!!

I did watch some Bel Ami porn from 2016 recently. Now those boys are seriously endowed. I think that was implied by the name of the film which for those of you who engage in illegal activity is available as a torrent.

a447
April 8th, 2018, 09:22
I'm a little confused - Is there a restaurant inside Jim Thompson's? Not arguing, jsut don't recall

There's one on the second floor, down the back.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 8th, 2018, 10:41
There's one on the second floor, down the back.

With a rear entrance?

The BelAmi video to which I referred is called "Offensively Large".

bithy
April 8th, 2018, 12:39
I did watch some Bel Ami porn from 2016 recently. Now those boys are seriously endowed. I think that was implied by the name of the film which for those of you who engage in illegal activity is available as a torrent.

I thought discussions of illegal activity are against the Forum rules?

a447
April 8th, 2018, 14:58
I thought discussions of illegal activity are against the Forum rules?

The forums rules tend to be flaunted.

Quite frequently, too.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 8th, 2018, 15:03

Quite frequently, too.

Isn't that what the Moderators are for?

Jellybean
April 8th, 2018, 15:14

Quite frequently, too.

I've also heard it on good authority, a447, that the rules are frequently flouted.

a447
April 8th, 2018, 15:46
Isn't that what the Moderators are for?

Yes, exactly.

Yet some members moan on and on, week after week, when any action is taken when the published rules are violated.

I'm glad you are on our side and will be more than happy to quote you in the future.

bithy
April 8th, 2018, 15:59
Right. You will be removing the reference to downloading copyright material by torrent soon then?

Nirish guy
April 8th, 2018, 16:18
Actually the poster said he watched a Belami video - which are quite legal and he could well have bought it online legally. Likewise he then said “for those of you who partake in illegal activity he believed it was on torrent sites” - but gave no links to same nor suggested people should actually go and do that, he just stated a mere fact that iT IS available on torrent sites - so no need to delete any post as no illegal activity was even alleged to have taken place in the first place. You just ASSUMED it did.

Alternatively I look forward to the board now being cleanesed of ALL posts with discuss “boys, sex payment” etc as that of course would be prostitution ( no mattter WHAT way one tries to subvert the law using different phrases and so all posts should be immediately deleted from the board !! Or NOT !!

Wise up !! :-)

Ps A447 - there shouldn’t be a “then and us” mentality when it comes to sensible every day moderation as THAT is where the whole problem began perhaps with the teeeible attitude of arsenal etc in how he communicated his / your collective decisions with us the OTHER members. Let’s hope that’s something that can’t be improved upon now for the board moving forward.

arsenal
April 8th, 2018, 16:30
It's the warmth and generosity of every single Nirish post that makes him so loveable. Why just take a trawl through his last few months postings to see how delightful he is. Its good to have you back big guy.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 8th, 2018, 17:17
Actually the poster said he watched a Belami video - which are quite legal and he could well have bought it online legally. Likewise he then said “for those of you who partake in illegal activity he believed it was on torrent sites”.

I didn't think it necessary to include the phrase "nudge nudge, wink wink", nor did I state any belief or make any equivocation about its availabilty as a torrent.

Nirish guy
April 8th, 2018, 17:51
Perhaps it you hadn’t treated your fellow posters here with such sustain and in such a high handed manner ( never apologise never explain, fingers in the ears emojis etc etc) when a Mod, which lets face it was just another means of you carrying out your silly but apparently failed campaign against Scottish guy as he's still shown as a member here you might be referred to in kinder terms by posters here both privately and on the board in general, but alas as it seems you couldn’t stop yourself perhaps you shouldnt be surprised when people relate to you as they do as not all of us have the short memory span that you seem to suffer from.

Have a nice day.

arsenal
April 8th, 2018, 18:21
Thanks NIrish. Most of my days are pretty nice.
:yahoo_mini:

a447
April 9th, 2018, 10:30
I was hoping I could find something in Yangon - anything would do - to write about in a new thread in which I would detail my cultural exchange experiences with the locals.

Forget it! It ain't gonna happen. So I'll add a few comments here instead.

There has been mention of some massage places on the internet, including in Christian's blog, but I have no desire whatsoever to seek them out.

The poverty here is truly gut-wrenching. Last night I went to a huge party downtown in celebration of the approaching New Year. There I got to see the more prosperous people, but when I stepped out and wandered the backstreets I was quickly brought back to earth. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The locals, along with their mangy rabid dogs were sitting, surrounded by garbage.

So if I did manage to find a massage place there is no way I'd consider going inside, no matter how cute the guys were. I could just imagine how filthy it would be. And the apparent lack of showering facilities would be a problem, given it is so hot here. The thought of washing your cock in a bucket of cold water which has probably been used by others doesn't bear thinking about.

But the eye candy here is amazing. At the party in the park, at the Schwedagon Pagoda, and just walking around town there are gorgeous guys everywhere. Heaps of young shirtless guys can be seen playing a type of ball game in the backstreets. Lots of eye contact but it's all innocent - just guys wanting to smile and be friendly.

So unless a miracle occurs, that's my take on Yangon.

Moses
April 9th, 2018, 12:21
So unless a miracle occurs, that's my take on Yangon.

Well, siamroads.com has 2 guides in Yangon :)

a447
April 9th, 2018, 15:40
So I see.

I'm thinking about a night tour with Simon.

The problem is, it is so hot here that I'm totally worn out by the time night comes around!

I'll give it some more thought.

arsenal
April 9th, 2018, 15:59
You're staff a447. Ask for a discount.

a447
April 9th, 2018, 16:35
Lol!

Moses
April 9th, 2018, 17:04
Simon is booked for next 14 days already. Matt has time at Sat and Sun.

a447
April 9th, 2018, 17:12
Oh, I'll be gone by then. I'm off to Korea on 13th.

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 17:21
Oh, I'll be gone by then. I'm off to Korea on 13th.

a447, is this business or pleasure?

If pleasure, please report back on your findings?

Pleasant trip.

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 17:29
Apparently there is action to be had in Yangon? A friend was there last year.

a447
April 9th, 2018, 17:32
It's pleasure, although I'm not expecting the "pleasures" to be similar to those I enjoy in Thailand.

It was a spur of the moment decision I made when booking my trip to Thailand. So was Myanmar, for that matter. I never gave it much thought - those two destinations just came into my head.

So nothing as yet to report from Yangon, but I live in hope with Seoul.

Then it's on to Japan or back to Bangkok. I haven't made a final decision yet.

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 17:35

This is the comment from a friend who was in Yangon last year.

"I was there last year. No sex bars like Bangkok. They do have saunas where you can get sex. It's cheaper than Bangkok but they are mostly bottoms. No big cocks."

a447
April 9th, 2018, 17:38

A poster on another board has mentioned Lime Spa. The only problem is it's in a back street, seemingly in the middle of a very busy looking part of town, comparatively far from my hotel. And he said even taxi drivers couldn't find it. Apparently, you first have to get to the non-descript street and then wander around looking for a certain building.

I may give it a go tomorrow.

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 17:40
It's pleasure, although I'm not expecting the "pleasures" to be similar to those I enjoy in Thailand.

It was a spur of the moment decision I made when booking my trip to Thailand. So was Myanmar, for that matter. I never gave it much thought - those two destinations just came into my head.

So nothing as yet to report from Yangon, but I live in hope with Seoul.

Then it's on to Japan or back to Bangkok. I haven't made a final decision yet.

Thanks for the update. Look forward to your report.

I once did a change-over via Seoul on the way to Bangkok. The guys were so good looking, I keep thinking to go there, maybe as a stop-over on the way to Thailand?

bobsaigon2
April 9th, 2018, 17:48
https://www.travelgayasia.com/venue/lime-spa-yangon/

LIME Spa – Yangon – CLOSED
98 Kant Kaw Myaing St, Parami, Yankin Township, Yangon, Myanmar

LIME Spa is gone from Parami
“I went on 21dec2017 to the address in Parami, found the original spot (house in background is still there), but the entire building is gone, the tree in foreground felled, and the area now a construction site.“
Christian on 07-01-2018

LIME Spa has another branch in Botatuang Township [31/37, Triple Six Condo (5/F), 54th Street], and in Mandalay [18, 69th Street, across from Mandalay University].
The spa branch in Botatuang doesn't exist
“There is no spa at Botatuang Township [31/37, Triple Six Condo (5/F), 54th street. In fact the street is very dodgy. I went up and down a couple of times, got strange looks from locals. Do not waste your time.“
Milo on 19-11-2017

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 18:32
Also The Sands Spa – Yangon – CLOSED

59 Bo Min Yaung Rd, Mingala Taungnyunt Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 18:43
a447, some info for you just in case you didn't know:

Are there any gay bars or parties in Myanmar?

There’s a monthly gay party called FAB hosted by Gay Yangon Events (YG)which is great fun.

The FAB Facebook page will give more info about their next party. It attracts a mixed crowd of both locals and foreigners.

There is also a club called the Ninth Floor, which attracts mainly young locals and curious flamboyant gentlemen like yourselves! Hahaha. It’s known locally as “JJ Disco” and any taxi driver will know it. It’s located in the Mingal Zei group of buildings, north of the old British colonial area and close to Kandawgyi Lake.

More recently a new gay friendly bar and restaurant opened up in the expat area of Yangon called O’Thentic. It’s a French creperie and wine bar at the corner. Tuesday is the most popular night here with the gay community. You can find it at the corner of Yaw Min Gyi and Bo Var Niung Streets.

Jellybean
April 9th, 2018, 18:47
. . . So unless a miracle occurs, that's my take on Yangon.

In the absence of gay go-go and host bars or saunas, have you considered using the dating apps’, a447?

You're staff a447. Ask for a discount.

Lol!

Your comment also made me laugh out loud, arsenal. Well done you!

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 18:55
YANGON

Yangon Gay Bars & Clubs

Whilst most bars and clubs in Yangon attract a mixed crowd, there is a regular party night for gays, lesbians and friends called ‘FAB’.

bars / cafés

Ô’thentic

45A Yaw Min Gyi St, Dagon Township, Yangon

TOMORROW Friends TuesGay Night 6pm-11pm

Gay-owned, French crêperie, bistro and wine bar, with great atmosphere and friendly staff.

Located at the entrance of Bogyoke Market. Open daily from 7am until 11pm. On Tuesdays, Ô’thentic hosts “Friends TuesGay” – a night for gays and lesbian in Yangon.

weekday: 07:00 - 23:00
weekend: 07:00 - 23:00

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 19:00
So not much in Yangon.

Comment from a visitor:

Friend's TuesGay

“Was in yangon on Tuesday and went there for the friend's TuesGay as it seems to be the only gay venue in Yangon.
Many gay foreigner and some gay local. Great vibes. Friendly and charming staff. You can choose music you want to listen. Food are good.. French wine. Price reasonnable. “

Lucas on 17-02-2018

a447
April 9th, 2018, 19:14
I'm checking gayromeo now. It's the only app I have. Plenty of guys.

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 19:30

Have you not tried the others like Grindr, Hornet, Jack'd or Blued?

I would be guessing Grindr is the most popular App?

Blacktouch
April 9th, 2018, 19:31

Also, ask the local gay guys where you can find all the action! Wink wink!

Oliver2
April 9th, 2018, 22:43
Romeo was out-performing hornet in Pattaya two months ago. It has been rejuvenated in the past year.

a447
April 10th, 2018, 18:55
Just about to head off to Ô’thenti.

Wish me luck!

a447
April 10th, 2018, 21:30

So, here it is. It was very quiet - only 1 garrulous woman talking at a waiter. A couple of local guys came in later. The staff seems all gay and very friendly.

I had a mojito and a ham and emmental galette. Aroi maak maak!

Blacktouch
April 10th, 2018, 22:45

So, here it is. It was very quiet - only 1 garrulous woman talking at a waiter. A couple of local guys came in later. The staff seems all gay and very friendly.

I had a mojito and a ham and emmental galette. Aroi maak maak!

Any guys available to Tip or just for happy free fun?

a447
April 10th, 2018, 23:37
I don't think the guys were rent-boys or looking for pick-ups. They appeared to be just customers. I didn't see anyone making eye contact.

I was kind of hoping some ex-pats would turn up so I could get the low-down from them. That wasn't too be.

But I'm glad I went. The galette was amazing.

Blacktouch
April 11th, 2018, 02:54
I don't think the guys were rent-boys or looking for pick-ups. They appeared to be just customers. I didn't see anyone making eye contact.

I was kind of hoping some ex-pats would turn up so I could get the low-down from them. That wasn't too be.

But I'm glad I went. The galette was amazing.

Is the galette similar to a Pizza. I have never had one before.

francois
April 11th, 2018, 09:23
Is the galette similar to a Pizza. I have never had one before.

Galette is a term used in French cuisine to designate various types of flat round or freeform crusty cakes, or, in the case of a Breton galette, a pancake made with buckwheat flour usually with a savoury filling. Wikipedia

a447
April 11th, 2018, 10:42
I've always known it as a crêpe bretagne.

Captain Swing
April 11th, 2018, 11:01
In the posted picture, sideways at least, it looks like an old piece of carpet. I've heard the expression "carpet muncher," but I never thought......

StevieWonders
April 11th, 2018, 11:16
In the posted picture, sideways at least, it looks like an old piece of carpet. I've heard the expression "carpet muncher," but I never thought......

I prefer "pillow biter" with its opposite number "poo pusher". A heterosexual male is a "fish fucker".

Blacktouch
April 11th, 2018, 15:18
Galette is a term used in French cuisine to designate various types of flat round or freeform crusty cakes, or, in the case of a Breton galette, a pancake made with buckwheat flour usually with a savoury filling. Wikipedia

Thank you francois, I was just being lazy to Google it. Was looking at a447's photo of it. Looks nice.

a447
April 14th, 2018, 14:01
Yesterday was my last day in Yangon and it coincided with the start of their water festival.

My hotel is located on the edge of a large man-made lake and I walked around there most days, admiring the hot young workers - most without their shirts - whilst heading off to a restaurant for lunch. The park is filled with courting couples, who kiss and cuddle and stare into each others eyes. And yes, I saw a number of gay couples, too. One of the park rules posted everywhere is "No Sex". From what I saw, the locals are very law-abiding. What a shame!

The lake and park area is surrounded by a steel fence with access points into the park from the footpath. I entered through a gate but found the park itself had been blocked off, so I went back towards the footpath.

A rather nice -looking young man wearing the traditional longyi smiled at me and reached out to help me step up onto the path. He then held my hand and began walking with me.

At last! I've found someone! Why, oh why, did it happen on the last day??

He kept chatting away in Burmese, all the while squeezing my hand. I was in heaven. My heart was racing. My plan was to take him into the park, find a secluded area in the bushes and finally get to see what they wear under the longyi.

We approached a stand selling drinks and he indicated he wanted something.

Sure. No probrem.

He then proceeded to take a bottle of water, a can of Coke and three energy drinks out of the cooler. Three? Wow, he must be planning on some session!

When we reached the entrance I put my hand around his slim waist, gave him a cuddle and manoeuvred him gently towards the gate. But he pointed to the pagoda on the other side of the road - that's where he was heading. Hmm....not really the place for a groping session, I would have thought.

With my arm still around his waist we crossed the road. He indicated that the pagoda was closed, shook my hand and jumped on a bus! And he was gone!

WTF?? Nooo! Wait! What about me? What about my hard-on? What about the grope? Come back!

I was instantly deflated.

Then it occurred to me. Today was the beginning the water festival when young people do acts of kindness to older people, thus earning merit. Did he think helping me walk along the broken footpath by holding my hand would get him brownie points? Surely a grope and possibly a furtive chuck-wow would earn him enough merit to last a whole lifetime.

I wandered into the park feeling rather sorry for myself.

But not for long! Those bare-chested, hot and sweaty toned young workers were still putting the final touches on New Year decorations. Instant inflation! What a sight to behold - one I'd been going to the park every day to ogle at.

So, that was my last day. I'm now in Seoul, looking forward to better times.

Blacktouch
April 14th, 2018, 17:52
Would be interesting to hear about the scene in Seoul.

I've only been to Seoul Airport for transfer on the way to Bangkok.

a447
April 14th, 2018, 17:54
I'll see what I can find.

Hopefully, I'll be able to start a new thread.

Jellybean
April 14th, 2018, 18:00
Well, that’s Yangon scrubbed off my bucket list, a447. :D

And like, Blacktouch, I look forward with greater interest to reading your reports from Seoul.

a447
April 14th, 2018, 18:21
Well, that’s Yangon scrubbed off my bucket list, a447. :D

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was with my encounter with the young lad. I totally misread the situation. Luckily, we parted before I had the chance to embarrass myself with unwanted advances.

But that's what happens when you arrive in a new place having just come from the Disneyland of sex that Thailand is for us.

Blacktouch
April 14th, 2018, 18:25
Did the Planet Romeo App not worked out while in Yangon?

a447
April 14th, 2018, 18:55
Not really. There were heaps of "users" but no money boys. They were all looking for relationships or seeking young guys.

I coukd try it in Seoul but there is no way I coukd bring someone back to my hotel.

Blacktouch
April 14th, 2018, 20:06
Not really. There were heaps of "users" but no money boys. They were all looking for relationships or seeking young guys.

I coukd try it in Seoul but there is no way I coukd bring someone back to my hotel.

You should try downloading Grindr. It's an excellent App with loads of money boys, especially in Thailand. I've found it to be the best App so far.

But you've left Yangon now.

Blacktouch
April 14th, 2018, 20:07
Yangon is off my list of places to visit.

Nirish guy
April 15th, 2018, 01:33
You should try downloading Grindr..

Yes totally - A447 - you of ALL people REALLY should (please) - and in fact you almost owe it to your faithful readers following your travels in keeping up with the trends (as Grindr IS the No 1 App for gay men after all we're told ) and you could well be missing out on a TON of action so in the interests of sound trip reports I really feel you should download it ASAP ( especially for Seoul !!!!) as I've a funny feeling you also just might LOVE it :)

arsenal
April 15th, 2018, 06:26
I fear you may be disappointed once again a447. On your behalf I sent messages (via blued) to 6 beautiful boys in Seoul asking them about the gay hot spots and as yet only one has replied and his answer was terse. Thank the gods for Thailand.

StevieWonders
April 15th, 2018, 09:06
I sent messages ...

Maybe that's the reason?

Why anyone would bother to go to Rangoon after doing the most basic research about gay "life" there beats me. For temples there's Mandalay and Bagan but after that ...

Jellybean
April 15th, 2018, 09:13
There now follows an alternative interpretation of the journals of a447 as he travels throughout Asia:

Asia: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the moderator a447 aboard the starship HMAS Enterprise. His five-week mission: to explore strange new cities. To seek out new gay life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no Sawatdee member has gone before!

Captain's Log, Stardate 2018.4.09
We entered a spectacular Asian star system called Myanmar in the Alpha sector on a most critical mission. I was beamed down to Yangon, a city formerly known as Rangoon, when it was held by the Romulans. Little was known of the city, or whether it supported gay life. But despite extensive searches and one false reading, it can reliably be reported that no gay life could be detected.

Captain’s log, supplemental:
Science Officer Blacktouch did recommend we try Planet Romeo, but it would have meant a major detour, so it was ruled out. We will however consider it at a later star date.

Captain's log, Stardate 2018.4.14.
After much deliberation it was decided to move quickly at warp factor four to the Delta Rana quadrant and the star system known as South Korea. We received orders from Star Fleet Command to avoid the dangerous northern sector, which is still in the control of the Klingons.

Early indications from our long range detectors suggest there may be gay life in the city of Seoul, so it was agreed that should be our first port of call.

A further log will be recorded in due course . . .

;)

arsenal
April 15th, 2018, 09:23
Well that's not very nice Stevie. Most mean.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 15th, 2018, 09:28
I once had a regular Korean massage boy. After the massage he would accompany me to the shoiwer, wash me all over, dry me and dress me. The entire "body servant" experience. However I'm told that Grindr and other Apps in Australia have loads of Korean boys looking for some white meat so why go to a homophobic place like Seoul?

DaveyJonesLocker
April 15th, 2018, 09:39
... it can reliably be reported that no gay life could be detected.

I think you've got that wrong, Jelly Old Bean. The quote is actually "It's gay life, but not as we know it" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trekkin%27

aussie_
April 15th, 2018, 11:12
However I'm told that Grindr and other Apps in Australia have loads of Korean boys looking for some white meat so why go to a homophobic place like Seoul?

In Australia Koreans and other Asians want "white meat" under 35yo. I have been to Korea recently and agree it is very homophobic and the locals generally are also not interested in older tourists. There are plenty of young U.S army guys based in Seoul who i saw roaming "homo hill" to service their needs.

Jellybean
April 15th, 2018, 11:36
. . . it can reliably be reported that no gay life could be detected.

I think you've got that wrong, Jelly Old Bean. The quote is actually "It's gay life, but not as we know it" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trekkin%27

Damn it DaveyJonesLocker! You are good. So, credit where credit is due, you are, of course, correct. That’s precisely the quote I should have inserted at that point in my post.

And to quote a member, whom you probably don’t know, because he became an unperson before you joined the forum, it was also particularly apposite.

arsenal
April 15th, 2018, 11:48
Seditious Jellybean strikes again.
:devilsh:

DaveyJonesLocker
April 15th, 2018, 13:02
And to quote a member, whom you probably don’t know, because he became an unperson before you joined the forum, it was also particularly apposite.

Not a word that's in my everyday vocabulary Jellybean. I've seen it bandied about by other posters and assumed it to be some sort of "in" joke.

a447
April 15th, 2018, 14:18
Why anyone would bother to go to Rangoon after doing the most basic research about gay "life" there beats me. For temples there's Mandalay and Bagan but after that ...

I didn't actually go there for its gay life - I also checked the internet.

I went there for sightseeing and, frankly, to go somewhere different. Any sex woukd be a bonus.

And I'm glad I went, but I definitely wouldn't go back again, as the isn't much to see or do.

Blacktouch
April 15th, 2018, 14:58
Science Officer Blacktouch did recommend we try Planet Romeo, but it would have meant a major detour, so it was ruled out. We will however consider it at a later star date [/I]

;)[/QUOTE]

Correction. I recommended Grindr to a447 to download. Plus maybe Hornet too. Lol

Moses
April 15th, 2018, 14:59
why go to a homophobic place like Seoul?

My experince in Seoul is quite different. I had a lot of contacts via Romeo and 3 "meetings". Also there is cruising place for Korean students - famous "Gay Bean" - Coffe Bean cafe in 200 meters from Jongno-3-ga metro station (37.572631, 126.987365) where I had also few hook-ups. There are few gay bars and saunas in Jongno-3 district, me and BF visited some and it was nice experience.

Blacktouch
April 15th, 2018, 15:06
In Australia Koreans and other Asians want "white meat" under 35yo. I have been to Korea recently and agree it is very homophobic and the locals generally are also not interested in older tourists. There are plenty of young U.S army guys based in Seoul who i saw roaming "homo hill" to service their needs.

aussie, what is "homo hill" please?

Jellybean
April 15th, 2018, 16:56
Science Officer Blacktouch did recommend we try Planet Romeo, but it would have meant a major detour, so it was ruled out. We will however consider it at a later star date.

Correction. I recommended Grindr to a447 to download. Plus maybe Hornet too. Lol

Aye! You did indeed Science Officer Blacktouch. And I am heartily sorry for so blatantly and openly misrepresenting you in my fictitious story about the voyages of a447 on the starship, HMAS Enterprise. But it is a well known, long standing and fundamental tenet of the forum, that we never let the facts get in the way of a good post. Something you may wish to bear in mind for the future.

And, in any case, you must have recognised that mention of the gay app Grinder in the context of my storyline, didn't quite fit in with my Star Trek analogy as much as the Planet Romeo app did.

But hey! I hope my inclusion of you, in a supporting role, as the Science Officer brought a smile to your face.

;)

Blacktouch
April 15th, 2018, 17:36
Aye! You did indeed Science Officer Blacktouch. And I am heartily sorry for so blatantly and openly misrepresenting you in my fictitious story about the voyages of a447 on the starship, HMAS Enterprise. But it is a well known, long standing and fundamental tenet of the forum, that we never let the facts get in the way of a good post. Something you may wish to bear in mind for the future.

And, in any case, you must have recognised that mention of the gay app Grinder in the context of my storyline, didn't quite fit in with my Star Trek analogy as much as the Planet Romeo app did.

But hey! I hope my inclusion of you, in a supporting role, as the Science Officer brought a smile to your face.

;)

It did indeed brought a nice smile to my face!

I also like the fictitious role as Science Officer you kindly named me!

a447
April 15th, 2018, 19:05
I was about to write a glowing report on my trip to Homo Hill, but I'll let the photo do the telling when I get around to posting it.

It makes Boyztown and Soi Twilight pale into insignificance.

Hold on!

Blacktouch
April 15th, 2018, 20:09
I was about to write a glowing report on my trip to Homo Hill, but I'll let the photo do the telling when I get around to posting it.

It makes Boyztown and Soi Twilight pale into insignificance.

Hold on!

Please write that report. I'm interested!

a447
April 15th, 2018, 20:24
Turn sideways.

dinagam
April 15th, 2018, 20:42
How soon will a garbage truck and the working men appear on the scene?

Smiles
April 16th, 2018, 01:11
Can't see a thing! a447's leadup post to this image is tantamount to Fake News.

gerefan2
April 16th, 2018, 01:13
Can't see a thing! a447's leadup post to this image is tantamount to Fake News.

Or on a level with the latest cdnMatt development?

DaveyJonesLocker
April 16th, 2018, 05:33
How soon will a garbage truck and the working men appear on the scene?

And will the working men be cute?

a447
April 16th, 2018, 07:04
As you can see, only one bar - Why Not - was open. There were only 2 customers, both farang, sitting at the bar. No boys in sight. They charge $10 entry fee!

The area, called Itaewon, was packed with gay couples but God only knows where they were heading off to. Certainly not to the famed Homo Hill.

Not a single "homo" erectus in sight.

Why not, indeed!

StevieWonders
April 16th, 2018, 07:38
I didn't actually go there for its gay life - I also checked the internet.

I went there for sightseeing and, frankly, to go somewhere different. Any sex woukd be a bonus.

And I'm glad I went, but I definitely wouldn't go back again, as the isn't much to see or do.

That makes perfect sense a447.

francois
April 16th, 2018, 09:48
Homo Hill is just a step away if you google it.

Homo Hill Seoul’s gay scene is divided into two main areas, Jongro-3 and the most popular gay scene Homo Hill in Itaewon. The gayest visitors become familiar with Homo Hill for the best gay bars with drag shows and gay saunas such as Hyundae Sauna and Equus Sauna in a convenient location. Homo Hill is easy to find as it’s well known for the city’s red-light district neighborhood where to enjoy your gay scene in Seoul.

Hit these gay bars in Homo Hill are Queen which is being popular for young attractive crowd and gay scene weekend madness and Soho for the most popular bar on the street. Other must visit gay bars in Homo Hill are Club Qubic and Why Not Bar. Not on Homo Hill but near by fun gay bars in Itaewon are Club Pulse, GRAY Club and Le Queen.

MiniMee
April 16th, 2018, 11:14
What day of the week was it when you visited?

(Please think long and hard before answering, or perhaps take advice from a friend, as we know you have difficulty with such details these days)

a447
April 16th, 2018, 14:08
(Please think long and hard before answering, or perhaps take advice from a friend, as we know you have difficulty with such details these days)

That was funny the first time around.

It was Sunday. It seems Homo Hill is only active Friday and Saturday nights.

DaveyJonesLocker
April 16th, 2018, 14:21
That was funny the first time around.

It was Sunday. It seems Homo Hill is only active Friday and Saturday nights.

Being Koreans many of them will belong to one or other Christian sect, thinking it gives them Western "cred". They're on their knees on Sunday for prayer, not fellatio.

dinagam
April 16th, 2018, 15:08
They're on their knees on Sunday for prayer, not fellatio.[/QUOTE]

All the Gods including Jesus Christ know that the above statement is totally misleading.

a447
April 21st, 2018, 11:32
I'm back!

I flew into Bangkok from Seoul last night. Immigration was virtually deserted and I got through to the luggage carousels within 5 minutes - the quickest ever.

But there was some problem off-loading the bags and I had to wait 40 minutes before mine appeared.

Normally, I take the train if I arrive on the weekend, as I've been caught in a massive traffic jam in the past. But last night I decided to chance it and was surprised at the total lack of traffic anywhere along the route. Even Suriwong Street was a breeze, and I arrived at my hotel in record time.

So it's the taxi from now on. But I'm wondering if taxi fares have recently gone up because it cost me 450 baht, rather than the usual 300 and something. He used the meter.

After a quick shower it was off to meet my friends at the bar. We couldn't have our usual fun as there was a customer sitting at the bar with a girl. But as soon as they left the doorman went outside to keep a look-out for approaching customers and we had our usual fun.

Just as we'd finished a Japanese guy walked in with his wife and we had a bit of a chat. He's not gay but was simply looking for somewhere to enjoy a late night drink or three. But they seemed to enjoy themselves as they say and chatted with one of the guys.

Many of the boys still haven't returned from Songkran and there was only 4 working. But my two were there, and that's the main thing.

Tonight I might head off to Soi Twilight and see a show, seeing as it's Saturday night.(At least, I think it is!

a447
April 22nd, 2018, 02:14
So off I went to XBoys.

I arrived in Soi Twilight at 9:45 and it was very quiet compared to a couple of years ago, especially for a Saturday night. The show didn't start until 10:30 so I wandered further down the soi where I saw the German owner of Dreamboys sitting outside. I went over and had a chat with him. He's acutely a very nice guy and really loves to talk.

I asked him the obvious question about the future of the soi and he told me what we have already heard - the soi will close in a year's time. He's now 78 and is thinking of throwing in the towel and retiring.

I entered XBoys at 10 pm and the place was half full. As expected these days the customers were all Asian, bar myself and two other farang. But by the time the show began it was three-quarters full.

The mamasan seated me at the back of the bar where I had a great view, but I was soon joined by a group of large Chinese customers who all began smoking. Talk about the Great Pall of China, I could hardly breathe! And they were blowing smoke all over me. So inconsiderate. I got up and a sat by myself on a sofa right next to the stage.

There were 15 boys on stage and another 5 or so sitting with customers. I had a bit of a laugh as one cute Asian guy had a boy sitting either side of him and he was desperately going for the grope. But the boys, not to be outdone, were equally desperately trying to protect their manhood. And in the end, they won hands down. They've had a lot of practice. Lol

Only 1 guy on the stage stood out - number 65 had a huge bulge and the outline of his long, thick appendage was there for all to see. I waited for the rotation to get another look but he never came around. A quick survey of the bar saw him sitting with a customer. The good ones don't last long. And there was 1 gay boy who cuddled another boy from behind and I watched as he got a very quick hard-on, which he proudly showed off to all and sundry. As usual, I spent a lot of time ogling the cute Chinese guys in the audience. Some were just gorgeous!

For details of the show just read any of my reports from say, 5 years ago!

The last act was the chuck-wow show. They keep dragging out the same guy to perform. Not that I'm complaining, as he is very good-looking and has a very nice cock. It's just that I feel a little sorry for him, as that's his night over and done with - not much chance of an off. I hope the bar pays him well. He put on his usual sterling performance and although he didn't shoot as far as he normally does, he produced a prodigious load. Awesome!

One thing I can never understand is the attitude of some of the Asian customers I've witnessed over the years. They avert their eyes whenever a cock appears. A really cute couple was sitting opposite me and they turned their eyes away when the big cock show began. And they weren't interested at all in the chuck-wow show. How can a gay guy not be interested in cock??

Drinks 350 baht.

paborn
April 22nd, 2018, 06:36
Sorry, I get lost - we started in Bangkok ended up in Burma - where is this please?

a447
April 22nd, 2018, 11:57
See post #158.

Maybe I should have called my thread "April holiday". I deliberately didn't do that as I kind of knew that sex would be non-availabile in Burma and very difficult in Korea.

The main topic is Bangkok, as that's where the action is and from where I could actually report something.

I also used the word "April" as only 1 day referred to March.

Blacktouch
April 22nd, 2018, 15:37
See post #158.

Maybe I should have called my thread "April holiday". I deliberately didn't do that as I kind of knew that sex would be non-availabile in Burma and very difficult in Korea.

The main topic is Bangkok, as that's where the action is and from where I could actually report something.

I also used the word "April" as only 1 day referred to March.

a447, will you therefore rule Burma and South Korea out for visiting for sex?

a447
April 22nd, 2018, 16:22
Unfortunately, yes.

I was hamstrung the last 3 days in Seoul as I was joined by a straight friend from Japan, so I didn't get a chance to visit any massage place.

But judging from the reviews online, maybe that was for the better.

a447
April 23rd, 2018, 02:48
I went to Hotmale for the show tonight.

I arrived at 10pm and the 9:45 show was in progress. There was a stripper on stage when I walked in but then it was over! So much for the show!

The bar was virtually empty and they had about 10 guys on stage, including a gogo granddad with a pot belly! And I know that Soi Twilight is going through lean times but a couple of the boys looked quite emaciated.

A pesky waiter came over and tried to sit with me but I cut him off at the pass by moving to the edge of the sofa. When I told him I was just looking, he went through all the boys on stage, telling me where they were from. There was one guy from Myanmar with a gorgeous body - number 23 - and a couple from Cambodia.

"What you like? You like big cock?"

"Not particularly."

"Number 15 have long cock."

I feigned disinterest and he finally left me in peace to ogle.

Number 17 has the most beautiful smile; it would melt your heart. And number 6 was really cute and appeared later in the show sporting an impressive member. One guy, whose number I can't remember (the Myanmar boy?), as I had my eyes elsewhere , had an incredible bulge that his briefs were battling to contain. He kept smiling at me and every now and then would give me a little wave.

Desperate times! Lol

I've always thought that Hotmale has the best looking guys, and tonight was no exception. A couple of the coyote dancers were really hot and handsome, although their "dancing" was not up to Hotmale's normal high standard.

I've also always believed that they have the most hung guys of any of the bars in the soi, and I wasn't disappointed.

The show began and was quite interesting. The acts actually drew loud applause. (That's got to be a first.) But for me it lacks the sleaze factor.

As usual, the was plenty of cock on display right from the beginning, which I think is a particular feature of this bar. If joined together they would reach to the moon. And back, probably. And unlike other bars, it's not just a few of the guys in the show who are well-endowed - they all have a lot going for them, so to speak. Does Hotmale only employ hung guys, I wonder.

And not a lip-syncing ladyboy in sight.

Then number 15 appeared - the guy with the allegedly long cock. OMG! I'm guessing 9 inches. He's also very handsome and had a swimmer's physique. What's not to like? Mr Perfect!

As he was going through his routine, which included a bit of pole dancing, three young Japanese girls came in, sat down the front and nearly fainted. I've never seen a 9 incher in Japan, and I'm sure they haven't, either. They squealed with delight as he came up to them and waved it in their face. If truth be known, I was also squealing!

He re-appeared later in other acts and got down from the stage, along with number 17 with the killer smile and gave the Japanese girls a grope. They will definitely be back tomorrow night.

After the show I was determined to have Mr 9 incher sit with me but someone grabbed him before me.

Damn!

Drinks 400 baht for the first one, then 350 thereafter. Bar only one quarter full, if that.

a447
April 24th, 2018, 13:31
I can't believe what I'm about to write.

Last night Golden Cock had customers! Six, in all!

WTF??

Drinks were flowing freely - I bought 25 in total for the 4 of us - and everyone was having a blast. There was a bit of action happening on the sofas, but unlike Eros, it was not entirely out in the open. But there were plenty of hands up shorts and down pants. The boys don't mind flopping it out but the customers are a little more reticent, although the other night one guy was getting a hand-job while sitting at the bar.

An attractive youngish German guy, known to the boys, turned up and immediately picked up a microphone. Oh, no! Please don't sing! There's nothing worse than having a guy who thinks he can sing mournfully moaning into a mike.

But sing he did. And what a beautiful voice. He kept us all entertained with songs in German, English, Italian, French and Thai. When he sang "Chaimai Khun", apparently with perfect pronunciation, the guys went wild.

He even dragged me up for a duet of Edith Piaf's 'Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien."

The boys didn't go wild.

Two of the guys said they'd read about the bar on the internet (maybe here; who knows?) and were surprised it was open during the day. They said they'd be back this afternoon.

Unfortunately for them, many of the boys are still on holiday and usually there are only 2 others apart from my 3 guys in the afternoon. Others only turn up at night. You'd think the manager would be on the phone telling them to get their arses in the bar during the day, but that is not how it works, apparently.

We know that we all have different tastes, so to speak, when it comes to guys. One boy, who I'm not attracted to in the least, found favour with one of the customers and had a bit of a steamy session with him on the sofa.

There's also a very dark-skinned guy, ex Nature Boy, working there and again, he's not my type. I do, however, remember having him sit with me once and he flopped out his beautiful Issan appendage. Suddenly, he became instantly attractive!

I got talking with him last night standing at the bar, and he's a really lovely guy -very touchy-feely and he loves to give you a kiss and a cuddle. He looks a bit rough, but in this case looks are definitely deceiving.

Although I've already literally got my hands full with my regulars, I'm going to have him sit with me today and just see what "comes up."

I left at 2am but the party was still in full swing.

All in all, a really fun evening.

a447
April 25th, 2018, 02:26
Tonight was very quiet in the bar. Last night's party had taken its toll. Some boys arrived late, others were still sleeping it off.

There was only one customer tonight. Two boys serviced him, taking turns to give him a blow job,.He is from South America and had a magnificent appendage.

When he eventually came - the poor boys were exhausted at the end - he left with a huge grin in his face.

One of the boys actually have me a blow job a couple of weeks ago and I can vouch for his technique. It was unbelievable.

As I'm coming to the end of my trip I'm getting quite worn out. Basically, I've had enough for the time being. My daily afternoon session with my regular is sometimes a little too intense. It seems to go on forever - not that I'm really complaining. Being a top is exhausting enough, but bottoming for him gives me a real workout, as he keeps changing positions and expects me to be an acrobat.

But after we finish we kiss and cuddle then take a nap for an hour or so. We wake up, have another cuddle, chat a bit and then go off to dinner.

But one session with him and I'm done for the rest of the day.

When I go back at night the boys try to get me to cum again but to no avail. So we just drink and chat. I've learnt a lot of Thai, so that's a bonus.

Smiles
April 25th, 2018, 17:18
As I'm coming to the end of my trip I'm getting quite worn out. Basically, I've had enough for the time being. My daily afternoon session with my regular is sometimes a little too intense.
Ahhh ... everything in Moderation I always say.

And thank christ you did not write " ... As I'm 'cumming' to the end of my trip ... ".
For some reason Americans love using this hoary old play on words. They think it's cute, even funny.

It was fun to read your sagas in shits-ville though. Keep 'em cumming.

a447
April 25th, 2018, 18:28
everything in Moderation I always say.

Nothing in moderation is what I always say! I like to squeeze every ounce out of life every single day.

But the body had its limits. On an intense sex trip, having it squeezed of of me every day is very tiring.

So I'll go back home, recharge the batteries and enjoy being able to be a top.

But I'll be cumming back again in July.

christianpfc
April 26th, 2018, 21:13
This is the comment from a friend who was in Yangon last year.

"I was there last year. No sex bars like Bangkok. They do have saunas where you can get sex. It's cheaper than Bangkok but they are mostly bottoms. No big cocks."

There is no gay sauna that I know of in Yangon. No gogo bars, that I can confirm.

Also The Sands Spa – Yangon – CLOSED

59 Bo Min Yaung Rd, Mingala Taungnyunt Township, Yangon, Myanmar
Oh no! I had a great massage there and was planning to come. All I have is the number and name of masseur, of no use if the place is closed!

I was hoping I could find something in Yangon - anything would do - to write about in a new thread in which I would detail my cultural exchange experiences with the locals.
What a pity. I liked Yangoon, warts and all, and was curious what gay adventures you would have there.

paborn
April 26th, 2018, 21:35
Ahhh ... everything in Moderation I always say.

And thank christ you did not write " ... As I'm 'cumming' to the end of my trip ... ".
For some reason Americans love using this hoary old play on words. They think it's cute, even funny.

It was fun to read your sagas in shits-ville though. Keep 'em cumming.
Why do some people think that throwing in inaccurate and innane comments referring to a stereotypical American makes them appear sophisticated? The fact is he did not say it, write it or intimate it - so your point - other than a baseless superiority over Americans - is what? I hasten to add that I know you will come up with another blast which I intend to ignore.

a447
April 26th, 2018, 21:36
When I travel in other Asian countries it is not uncommon to get "knowing looks" from locals in the street or in shopping centres.

But in Yangon, I didn't get any approaches at all.

Well, apart from the guy I met on my way to the lake. But it wasn't a "knowing look" - it was an act of kindness which I foolishly misinterpreted as an invite to have sex.

a447
April 27th, 2018, 17:40
I'm now on my way to the airport after a bit of drama regarding the taxi.

There is a dickhead working at the hotel. Every morning when I was sitting outside furiously typing on my iPad, he would constantly come over to practise his English, even though he could see I was busy. It drove me mad!

Today I asked him to call me taxi and told him they must use the meter. I waited and waited but there was no sign of a taxi, so I walked down the driveway onto the street to see what he was doing. Taxis were passing by but he had his back turned to the road!

Finally he snared one. I got in and was told it was 500 baht. When I asked him to turn on the meter, he reversed up the street and dumped me back at the hotel!

"I told you, I want a meter taxi."

"Oh,sorry. I forget!"

He got me another one but as soon as I hopped in, it was 500 baht. I was now running 20 minutes late so I just gave in.

Before heading off to the airport I decided to try one of those foot massages. I'd had my eye on a couple of cuties at the massage places outside the hotel. But today there weren't any guys outside, just a couple of girls. So I wandered up to Art Massage where I found a very nice -looking guy. I grabbed him straight away.

It was my first real massages by a professional and it was wonderful! I tried to engage him in conversation in Thai - what's your name, where are you from, can I chuc...." Oops! But he had heard it all before and wasn't interested I think he may have wanted to just concentrate on the job. He did, however,m tell me he was from Issan. Instant boner!

He didn't go above the knees - no surprise there - but it was incredibly sensual. I'll definitely be having more of these massages next time I'm in town. Some of the guys at the other places give me a bit of a wink as they approach me, so there's the possibility I could have an even more sensual massage upstairs.

Last night after dinner I went to Moonlight again for the 10:30 show. I paid my 400 baht and walked in, only to see 5 boys on stage and 7 customers. Obviously, there would be no chuck-wow finale in the show tonight. Oh, well....

Here's a brief description of what you can expect in the show:

1. two uncoordinated boys "dancing"
2. 4 guys parading on stage displaying their beautifully toned bodies
3. 3 guys dancing with a glimpse of one hard cock
4. a stripper who bared nothing
5. quite a good blow job act
6. 5 guys in towels, removing them to show their large members
7. another stripper, this time with cock. Very impressive.
8. 9 gogo boys "dancing." Terrible, but at least they were having fun
9. same 4 body beautiful guys parading on stage
10. boring shower show

And here's dinner last night!

sglad
April 27th, 2018, 21:58
When I travel in other Asian countries it is not uncommon to get "knowing looks" from locals in the street or in shopping centres.

You mean they recognised you as the geronto porn star from Down Under?

christianpfc
April 27th, 2018, 21:58

But in Yangon, I didn't get any approaches at all.
If it's a consolation for you: I don't get "knowing looks" anywhere.

There is a dickhead working at the hotel. Every morning when I was sitting outside furiously typing on my iPad, he would constantly come over to practise his English, even though he could see I was busy. It drove me mad!

Today I asked him to call me taxi and told him they must use the meter. I waited and waited but there was no sign of a taxi, so I walked down the driveway onto the street to see what he was doing. Taxis were passing by but he had his back turned to the road!

Finally he snared one. I got in and was told it was 500 baht. When I asked him to turn on the meter, he reversed up the street and dumped me back at the hotel!

"Oh,sorry. I forget!"

He got me another one but as soon as I hopped in, it was 500 baht. I was now running 20 minutes late so I just gave in.
After studying Thai language, I can do almost everything better than the vast majority of the population, so I try to avoid all unneccessary involvement of locals. Your report confirms my practice.

sglad
April 27th, 2018, 22:11
After studying Thai language, I can do almost everything better than the vast majority of the population, so I try to avoid all unneccessary involvement of locals. Your report confirms my practice.

Riiiiight, I guess that's why you've lived there for years and years in your little shoebox so that you can feel good about yourself instead of trying to cut it among your contemporaries in Europe.

What is that saying - a one-eyed man in the land of the blind is queen?

gerefan2
April 28th, 2018, 00:08

I go along with that 100%, and I don't speak a lot of Thai...!

Mancs
April 28th, 2018, 01:09
Re taxis and the meter, a new experience twice this trip is for the taxi driver to nod assent to the destination, then to say '100 baht' after I got in. I refused. Once he stopped and I got out; once he turned on the meter.

a447
April 28th, 2018, 12:18
Given the huge traffic jam on the freeway - it took close to 2 hours to get to Suwanaphumi - I now think that 500 baht is acceptable.

The attitude of the drivers is not.

sglad
April 28th, 2018, 20:38

"Oh,sorry. I forget!"

The "dickhead" is not the bellboy but whoever was dumb enough to pay the set fare; these boys often have an arrangement with the taxi drivers who tend to frequent the same hotels each day - 400Bt to the driver and 100Bt to the boy, to be collected later. All it takes is a quick copy-and-paste Line or SMS message from the bellboy to summon one of the drivers they already have an arrangement with and who's usually parked somewhere nearby. That's why "taxis were passing by but he had his back turned to the road!" - he wasn't interested in the ones driving by. I'm sorry to say that the joke, yet again, is on you.

Blacktouch
April 28th, 2018, 20:47
The "dickhead" is not the bellboy but whoever was dumb enough to pay the set fare; these boys often have an arrangement with the taxi drivers who tend to frequent the same hotels each day - 400Bt to the driver and 100Bt to the boy, to be collected later. All it takes is a quick copy-and-paste Line or SMS message from the bellboy to summon one of the drivers they already have an arrangement with and who's usually parked somewhere nearby. That's why "taxis were passing by but he had his back turned to the road!" - he wasn't interested in the ones driving by. I'm sorry to say that the joke, yet again, is on you.

It's all about making money. The bellboy, taxi and in some cases the reception desk. They are all at it.

Whenever I stay at Mosaik in Pattaya, I always pre book the taxi via them. It cost a little more, but they get a cut from the fare. A taxi driver once told me.

Nothing is free in Thailand.

christianpfc
April 28th, 2018, 21:35
Given the huge traffic jam on the freeway - it took close to 2 hours to get to Suwanaphumi - I now think that 500 baht is acceptable.

The attitude of the drivers is not.

Traffic jam is priced in at 2 THB per minute that the car is going slower than 6 km/h.

A447, you really should know better than involving a bellboy to call you a taxi! The more people are involved, the longer it takes, the more expensive it will be, and fewer are the chances that you get what you want.

sglad
April 28th, 2018, 21:36
It's all about making money. The bellboy, taxi and in some cases the reception desk. They are all at it...

Nothing is free in Thailand.

To be fair, nothing is free anywhere; everything comes at a price or with an opportunity cost. People want good service; they want to be treated like maharajahs but they don't want to pay maharajah prices. Well, it doesn't really work that way, does it? Something's gotta give. Service staff in Thailand, at least the ones at mid range type of places, don't make much money. In fact, they barely make ends meet. So they have to resort to corruption. In Singapore, we have low levels of corruption because we are paid fairly and in many instances (particularly our public servants) - highly. Hence our law enforcement officials, by far and large, serve with integrity, which in turn further reduces the level of corruption.

That said, I think the majority of Thai service staff are quite honest and very helpful considering the pittance that they're paid. The people who have been subjected to the kind of mini cons described above have more often than not deserved them through their sheer ignorance, gullibility or as payback for their generally unpleasant personalities. When you use words like dickhead to describe some humble service staff who haven't had the kind of life opportunities that you've had or paint an entire population of people as dumb or mock those who choose to build romantic relationships with Thai people by calling them stupid, you are generally projecting a deep-seated unhappiness within yourself. And when you don't love yourself, you can't have love for others. You get a false sense of superiority by putting down others who haven't had the same advantages that you've had and the only thing you can cope with emotionally is paid for one-night stands. And thus, for all her faults, you go back to Thailand year after year after year after year...sometimes two or three times a year.

christianpfc
April 28th, 2018, 21:55
Service staff in Thailand, at least the ones at mid range type of places, don't make much money. In fact, they barely make ends meet.

Oh no, not again! How comes that people in Kalasin make ends meet on their wage, in Minburi make ends meet on their wage, but as soon as they come to central Bangkok or Pattaya where tourists are around, the Great Whine starts?

My theory is that it's not that the money barely lasts to the end of the month, it's that rather that they have it down to a fine art spending all money that comes in.

sglad
April 28th, 2018, 22:10
Oh no, not again! How comes that people in Kalasin make ends meet on their wage, in Minburi make ends meet on their wage, but as soon as they come to central Bangkok or Pattaya where tourists are around, the Great Whine starts?

Then stop whining.

Firstly, let's say we believe your random statement that people in Kalasin and Minburi are able to make ends meet - and I don't - but we'll go with it for now for the sake of argument. Secondly, most people don't just want to "make ends meet" but want to save and have a bit of fun every now and then. Thirdly, the cost of living in touristy areas is much higher than in rural and suburban areas. Most people working in these areas are renting and not living with family as they do in rural Kalasin or suburban Minburi. While they may have the occasional support of friends, they're pretty much on their own. Everything in the big city is consumer-driven and has to be paid for; they don't have the benefit of having pigs, chickens, rice and fruit from the farm. But we all know that is not enough and people don't just want to make ends meet. Some are truly poor and others just want to better their living conditions and those of their families. Hence millions flock to the big cities every year. and thousands end up in the red light districts servicing pigs who whine about the 20Bt tip they "have" to give the housekeeper.

a447
April 28th, 2018, 22:11
I'm sorry to say that the joke, yet again, is on you.

Your post is based on pure speculation.

And it's wrong. You have totally misunderstood the situation; hardly surprising as :

A) you weren't there, and

B) you don't know the guy involved

1. The young guy is not a bellboy. He's a security guard and wears a guard's uniform. It isn't his job to get taxis for clients. He only offered because "you my friend. Teach me English."

Even if, as a security guard, this particular individual had somehow made some arrangements with taxi drivers, you would have no possible way of not knowing that. Nor would I.

2. I didn't ask reception to call a taxi to the hotel itself. The taxis concerned don't frequent the hotel - you got that wrong, too. They are out on Suriwong road in the middle of a traffic jam . Not much use being "parked somewhere" if you have to join a traffic jam!

Your scenario would not work in a busy area of Bangkok. Outside, in a smaller city, it may well do.

And when hotels or other establishments offer to call you a taxi, who knows? Maybe they are getting a kickback, reflected in a higher charge. Afterall, this is hardly an uncommon practice.

But if the customer refuses to pay the charge, any kickback suddenly disappears. As I insisted on a meter taxi and refused to get into one that would not use a meter, what's in it for the security guard? Or a bellboy? Your logic is all wrong.

Your scenario would only work if the client just asked for any taxi and did not specify the use of a meter. Otherwise, It makes no sense at all.

3. If he wasn't interested in the ones driving by, why did he try to flag them down? He didn't have his back turned to the road the entire time - when I saw him he was looking into the window of a massage shop, adjusting his uniform.

So the joke is actually on you for, once again, going on the attack without knowing all the facts, or thinking the situation through.

You have jumped to conclusions yet again.

a447
April 28th, 2018, 22:18
A447, you really should know better than involving a bellboy to call you a taxi! The more people are involved, the longer it takes, the more expensive it will be, and fewer are the chances that you get what you want.

How is it possible for the fare to be more expensive if I insist on using the meter?

If, on the other hand, I just ask someone to call me a taxi, they'll obviously give me an inflated price. Normally, it's a flat rate.
There has to be something in it for them

a447
April 28th, 2018, 22:27
To be fair, nothing is free anywhere; everything comes at a price or with an opportunity cost. People want good service; they want to be treated like maharajahs but they don't want to pay maharajah prices. Well, it doesn't really work that way, does it? Something's gotta give. Service staff in Thailand, at least the ones at mid range type of places, don't make much money. In fact, they barely make ends meet. So they have to resort to corruption. In Singapore, we have low levels of corruption because we are paid fairly and in many instances (particularly our public servants) - highly. Hence our law enforcement officials, by far and large, serve with integrity, which in turn further reduces the level of corruption.

That said, I think the majority of Thai service staff are quite honest and very helpful considering the pittance that they're paid. The people who have been subjected to the kind of mini cons described above have more often than not deserved them through their sheer ignorance, gullibility or as payback for their generally unpleasant personalities. When you use words like dickhead to describe some humble service staff who haven't had the kind of life opportunities that you've had or paint an entire population of people as dumb or mock those who choose to build romantic relationships with Thai people by calling them stupid, you are generally projecting a deep-seated unhappiness within yourself. And when you don't love yourself, you can't have love for others. You get a false sense of superiority by putting down others who haven't had the same advantages that you've had and the only thing you can cope with emotionally is paid for one-night stands. And thus, for all her faults, you go back to Thailand year after year after year after year...sometimes two or three times a year.

Weren't you just today accusing me of making "blanket statements?". Lol

And so much insight from one who purports to be of the tender age of 24! You display knowledge way beyond your tender years!

Incredible, really.

sglad
April 28th, 2018, 22:35
And so much insight from one who purports to be of the tender age of 24! You display knowledge way beyond your tender years!

Incredible, really.

Thank you. Nah, nothing incredible. It's been a lot of hard work and loads of curiosity, love and respect for the people and country that I'm studying. Yes, I study a lot of Thai history, society and urban geography. But my real 'classroom' has been the experiences shared with me by many Thai friends and contemporaries for which I am continually grateful.

paborn
April 28th, 2018, 23:33
Then stop whining.

Firstly, let's say we believe your random statement that people in Kalasin and Minburi are able to make ends meet - and I don't - but we'll go with it for now for the sake of argument. Secondly, most people don't just want to "make ends meet" but want to save and have a bit of fun every now and then. Thirdly, the cost of living in touristy areas is much higher than in rural and suburban areas. Most people working in these areas are renting and not living with family as they do in rural Kalasin or suburban Minburi. While they may have the occasional support of friends, they're pretty much on their own. Everything in the big city is consumer-driven and has to be paid for; they don't have the benefit of having pigs, chickens, rice and fruit from the farm. But we all know that is not enough and people don't just want to make ends meet. Some are truly poor and others just want to better their living conditions and those of their families. Hence millions flock to the big cities every year. and thousands end up in the red light districts servicing pigs who whine about the 20Bt tip they "have" to give the housekeeper.
Christian I have followed your blog for years and respect your opinion. My confusion, over years, has been limited to only your discussions of skin temperature - never got that and attributed it to my lack of understanding, But, really - this is damn silly. You can not, in any society - compare cost of living in remote areas with the big city. It simply costs far more to live in New York City than Billings Montana. Forward thinking corporations scale pay in Geo. areas to allow for that - how can you not understand that?

a447
April 29th, 2018, 11:12

Service staff in Thailand, at least the ones at mid range type of places, don't make much money. In fact, they barely make ends meet. So they have to resort to corruption.

So, you're now accusing all service staff in "mid-range type of places" (whatever they are) in Thailand of being corrupt.

Nice one!

That's as bad as someone you mentioned in paragraph 2 who "paint(s) an entire population of people as dumb."

I don't know who did that. It couldn't have been me, as I intentionally inserted the word "somehow" so as not to do that. The fact that you didn't pick up on that is your fault, not mine. You need to read posts slowly and with more care.

Oh, and it's best not to leave yourself so wide open to accusations of gross hypocrisy. You make it too easy!

When you use words like dickhead to describe some humble service staff

In case you haven't noticed, humble service staff can also be incompetent and lazy.

mock those who choose to build romantic relationships with Thai people by calling them stupid

Again, I don't know who did that. If you think it was me, then you should get your facts right before you comment. I didn't even mention "romantic relationships."

My posts are open to criticism and I have no problem with that at all. What I do have a problem with is people like you who bear a grudge and immediately pounce whenever they can in order to score points, before reading my comments carefully and making sure they've got their facts right.

And give us a break from that "when you don't love yourself, you can't have love for others" and the rest that followed. It sounds like something you've heard in a third-rate family TV drama.

And while I'm at it, can you also please give this "I'm a 24 year old student from Singapore " bullshit a break?

As was shown conclusively last year on a number of occasions, you are not young and not from Singapore.

Your other handle from last year - sugargrandpa - described who you really are. You're an old Aussie like me, in Asia for the same reason - to pay to get laid. So get over it!

Sugargrandpa was a very foolish choice for a board name, don't you think?

Captain Swing
April 29th, 2018, 12:25
I have nothing whatsoever to contribute to this ongoing argument, or whatever it is. But I have to say that the following two quotes bother me. The difference in the way you and the guard perceived your fleeting "relationship" just makes me sad. I'm not suggesting either of you was "wrong," but it's just too bad you weren't able to be a little more receptive to what he saw as friendliness. But then again, he apparently had no idea he was annoying you, so "No harm done."

"There is a dickhead working at the hotel. Every morning when I was sitting outside furiously typing on my iPad, he would constantly come over to practise his English, even though he could see I was busy. It drove me mad!

" The young guy is not a bellboy. He's a security guard and wears a guard's uniform. It isn't his job to get taxis for clients. He only offered because "you my friend. Teach me English."

a447
April 29th, 2018, 12:37
I've been a student of languages all my life. I speak more than one.

I usually am quite happy to allow others to practise with me - I even mentioned in this report how I'd been teaching the guys in the bar. The only way to improve is to talk to native speakers. It's how I learnt.

But there are times when we are busy and have to get on with other things. I can't just switch on "English teacher mode" at someone's convenience, as much as I'd like to.

But I was never rude to him. Never. I always smiled when I was showing him I had work to do. It's just that he wouldn't give up and kept asking me questions.

At other times during the day, I was more than happy to speak with him.

The way the Thais use the English word "friend" is not the same as the way we use it. It's a much looser term in Thailand. You can be called a "friend" after just sitting with a guy for a few minutes in a bar.

I doubt very much that he would ever use the Thai word "puan" (friend) when referring to me in a conversation with another Thai.

Captain Swing
April 29th, 2018, 12:51
I've been a student of languages all my life. I speak more than one.

I usually am quite happy to allow others to practise with me - I even mentioned in this report how I'd been teaching the guys in the bar. The only way to improve is to talk to native speakers. It's how I learnt.

But there are times when we are busy and have to get on with other things. I can't just switch on "English teacher mode" at someone's convenience, as much as I'd like to.

But I was never rude to him. Never. I always smiled when I was showing him I had work to do. It's just that he wouldn't give up and kept asking me questions.

At other times during the day, I was more than happy to speak with him.

The way the Thais use the English word "friend" is not the same as the way we use it. It's a much looser term in Thailand. You can be called a "friend" after just sitting with a guy for a few minutes in a bar.

I doubt very much that he would ever use the Thai word "puan" (friend) when referring to me in a conversation with another Thai.

Fair enough. As I said, I'm not saying you were wrong. I still think it's sad. Ironic maybe. But no big deal.

P.S. I meant to ask before: What's the thing you were served that looked like a snowball?

a447
April 29th, 2018, 15:16
It's called "daifuku" in Japanese.

The outer skin is made of "mochi" which is made by beating steamed rice to make a skin that can be used to wrap various ingredients.

This was filled with whipped cream and pieces of fruit atop a small piece of sponge cake.

Absolutely delicious!

I wrote this on another board about the place :

They were lucky to get my business. I didn't see anyone working there so I waited, thinking they may have gone to the toilet. I waited and waited, but nobody appeared.

I leant over the counter and saw a young girl kneeling on the floor playing with her phone!

Don't these places have managers to check on this sort of thing?

It certainly wouldn't happen in Japan, that's for sure!

Brad the Impala
April 29th, 2018, 15:49
And while I'm at it, can you also please give this "I'm a 24 year old student from Singapore " bullshit a break?

As was shown conclusively last year on a number of occasions, you are not young and not from Singapore.

I remember you asserting this, but I don't remember this being "shown conclusively".

Please show us where this was demonstrated "on a number of occasions".

a447
April 29th, 2018, 17:08
Interesting, but not at all surprising, that you only remember me and nobody else making such assertions.

My comments, and those of others (for example fountainhall, who was the first to out him, and who you conveniently forgot to mention ) on this topic have been posted here many times in the past. The comments have not been deleted, so go look for them.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten that the robot also caught him out - he was not who he said he was. He was shown to be devious and dishonest and was banned.

You also conveniently ignore his proficiency in written English. Or do you believe a 24 year old non-native speaker could reach such fluency with such a short period of education and be capable of constructing such complicated sentences without a single mistake to be found? Even Christian, whose English is excellent, sometimes slips up. But not sglad!

You need to get out more and go and visit Singapore. You'll soon see that although their English is perfectly understandable, it is far from grammatically correct. Sglad is quite obviously a native-speaker. And an old one at that, if you look at his writing style.

And you also conveniently forgot the time sglad himself inadvertently told us he was an Australian. I refer to the post he made about prostitution being made legal. I pointed it out at the time. You know how to use the search function so go and look for it.

Why do you think a 24 year old guy woukd be hanging out in a forum populated by crusty old farang twice or three times his own age? Wouldn't a young Singaporean more likely hang out on the blowingwind forum instead, where there are many guys his own age and with similar interests? It's made for young Singaporeans, yet sglad had never heard of it! There's proof in itself that he is not a young guy from Singapore!

Finally, last year when you, surfcrest and I were involved in a dispute, I received a PM from an unknown member of the forum. It went into great detail about the history of the board and who certain members were and their various handles over the years. Most of the information I was already aware of. He went right back to the early 2000's.

I had no idea who it was at the time.

I'll leave it to you to come to the obvious conclusion.

As long as sglad keeps having a go at me,rather than my posted comments, I'll reply and remind people who he is. Or rather, who he isn't.

You can count on that!

Sglad wrote this yesterday :

"And when you don't love yourself, you can't have love for others."

How interesting that he doesn't love himself and finds it necessary to create a false persona.

I've made my point here and have no further interest in continuing this discussion. Unless, of course, I hear from sglad again.

sglad
April 29th, 2018, 18:12
I didn't mention a447's name even once in post #182, the one which apparently hit a nerve and which seemed to have inspired his latest attack on me. Like his lord and master fountainhole, a447 is (still) obsessing over my relative youth, which he brought up in post #184, not me. His attacks are not new and are mostly repetitions of the lies that fountainhole propagated about me after I turned down his advances. Questions involving my knowledge of the Blowing Wind forum, my command of the English language and my understanding of Chinese culture have already been addressed on the gaythailand forum (see link below) and have not been rebutted by a447 or fountainhole (aka Peter RS, among his many names on gay Thailand forums). To use his favourite adverb, a447 has conveniently forgotten about this. He has proven nothing. Instead he has disingenuously chosen to repeat the same old lies. And yes, some people might consider me a native speaker of English as English is the primary language in my home, what I speak with friends and has been the medium of instruction of my education. Personally I find the native-speaker label meaningless for it implies that all native speakers are created equal which is not the case at all. For example, Brad's English is far superior to a447's. Anyway, I'm not going to repeat myself. You can read about it here:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10968-sawatdii-pii-mai/

PS You can ask abang1961 whether there are Singaporeans who write like me and he might tell you that I'm not exceptional.

sglad
April 29th, 2018, 18:46
You're an old Aussie like me, in Asia for the same reason - to pay to get laid. So get over it!

Ah k, I think I understand your problem now. You want or assume everybody to be like you and if they are not, you attack.

a447
April 29th, 2018, 19:30
I didn't mention a447's name even once in post #182,..

You didn't need to. You mentioned specific words that only I used on my comments; viz. dickhead and stupid.

So if you weren't referring to me, who were you talking about?

As usual, you have been very selective in what you have addressed, carefully avoiding the more awkward inconsistencies.

You can deal with those inconsistencies if and as you wish. I've merely highlighted some of them.

Brad wants conclusive proof, so let's give it to him.

Sglad, you were banned from this site when the robot noticed a new member - you - had also logged on with the name Sugargrandpa. The post was made using your IP address. Obviously, you were using 2 handles, when only 1 is permitted.

You made the following post on November 12th, 2016, 20:03, using your handle, Sugargrandpa :

Thai lessons in Pattaya

I'm looking for recommendations for a good school to learn Thai in Pattaya, preferably some place where you have personal experience with. I already speak enough Thai to get by but would like to improve myself and perhaps take up reading and writing. Recommendations for a personal tutor who has experience teaching over 60s would also be appreciated. I have no specific objectives other than an interest in the language and wanting to communicate better in it.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?18281-Thai-lessons-in-Pattaya&highlight=sugargrandpa

That says it all.

Let's see you try and talk your way out of that!

Dimsumbear
April 29th, 2018, 20:06
Oh, dear! What have I done?

Have my reports on Golden Cock led to the increase in customers?

For years customers were few and far between - I was almost always the only one in the bar and had the guys to myself. No real need to lock the doors; I could be guaranteed of fun, fun, fun without the threat of interruption.

Last night there was one customer sitting in the bar when I entered around 10:30. He had opened a second bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys. I've only ever sat on the same sofa over all these years and it's quite comfortable -it had my name on it, and probably some of my DNA, too! - but now I was relegated to one closer to the bar. And it's as hard as a rock.

One of my guys who I had chuck-wowed earlier in the day, left the customer and came over and sat with me. After a few drinks he wanted a repeat performance. I told him I was uncomfortable doing anything when there is someone else in the bar, but in the end I sat with my back to him and did the deed.

Unlike Eros, Golden Cock is quite a cosy bar and you are sitting in close proximity to others.

Earlier in the day it took at least 20 minutes for him to cum and last night was no different. I fact, my arm was about to fall off so I let him take matters into his own hands.

Then in walks another customer. And another. And with the whisky flowing freely and my guy settling in for yet another drinking session, the bar was in full party mode. The first customer then started the karaoke. Oh, dear! It was dreadful.

One o'clock came around very quickly. Time to close. But right at the last minute another customer came in and sat at the bar. I figured he'd be allowed one drink and then that would be it.

I got up to pay my bill and suddenly found myself in conversation with him. He was Russian and on his first trip to Asia. He had no idea where to go, how the off system works, etc, so I decided to order another drink and sit with him and give him a few tips.

They closed the doors and all the boys gathered around the bar. We were soon joined by two more customers, one a guy who works at the Tarntawan.

The Russian guy was really horny and decided he'd off my guy. How dare he! He's my guy!

In the end, he decided not to as he figured the boy was too drunk and probably couldn't get it up. But he'll be back to the bar tonight to off him.

By now it was 2:30. The manager was offering me free drinks, but I'd had enough. I left with the Russian.

On the way out he asked me where he could find a guy for the night. My only suggestion was to try the apps or wander up to Soi Twilight - he might find a free-lancer sitting on the stairs outside the bank. And then off to bed.

Most definitely yes, thanks to you I alsoade the trip to Golden Cock. Well, I didn't have your kind of fun but very close. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow! Lol. Thanks again, you are indeed a gentleman

a447
April 29th, 2018, 20:24
I'm glad you have found my reports on the bar useful.

Once the guys get to know you well, you'll have the same fun as me.

Just be prepared for the bill at the end of the night. If you "take things in hand" things can get out of hand very quickly if you are not careful. Remember, you have to pay the bar 400 baht every time someone cums. Plus his tip, of course. And the boys will want to line up for their go.

In the party atmosphere, it's very easy to lose track of what you're spending. I got caught out a couple of times and had to go back to the hotel and get more money. They said I could pay later but I like to settle my bills on the spot. I go up to the counter to pay the bill. I keep a close eye on the number of drinks I buy. I have never been cheated at GC.

If you let your hair down and just go for it, you'll have the time of your life!

a447
April 29th, 2018, 20:49
Dimsumbear, I'd like to send you a PM to give you some inside information on GC, but there is no facility to do so.

Brad the Impala
April 29th, 2018, 23:31
Brad wants conclusive proof, so let's give it to him.

Sglad, you were banned from this site when the robot noticed a new member - you - had also logged on with the name Sugargrandpa. The post was made using your IP address. Obviously, you were using 2 handles, when only 1 is permitted.

You made the following post on November 12th, 2016, 20:03, using your handle, Sugargrandpa :

Thai lessons in Pattaya ...........

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?18281-Thai-lessons-in-Pattaya&highlight=sugargrandpa

The link is to a post from Sugargrandpa, who continued to post for three months after this(total four posts). At which point Surfcrest announced that both Sglad and Sugargrandpa were the same person posting under two different handles and would therefore both be banned.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?18420-Where-is-everyone&p=214051#post214051

There is no mention that this conclusion was reached as a result of two posts from the same IP address as you assert(perhaps that's why you chose to link to an earlier post). In fact in a subsequent post in the same thread Fountainhall boasts of the fact that Sglad, who had contradicted Fountainhall several times, was "flushed out" as a result of a trap that he had set. That is the decision was nothing to with IP addresses. It was simply a subjective decision from Surfcrest, under pressure from Fountainhall, that may or may not have been correct.

Even a poster called a447(any relation?), writing in the same thread, seems to be suggesting that IPs are not being used to identify multiple handles :

And does said technology not allow you to see what posters at the moment are using multiple handles?

This isn't therefore "conclusive proof" that Sglad used the same IP as Sugargrandpa, as you asserted, or even that they are the same person. As I recall you were both untrusting and critical of Surfcrest's judgment and moderation, so it would be bizarre if you now want to quote his judgment in support of your case against Sglad.

a447
April 30th, 2018, 06:49
It doesn't matter how the hydra was identified.

so it would be bizarre if you now want to quote his judgment in support of your case against Sglad.

I am not quoting anybody's judgement.

mr giggles
April 30th, 2018, 12:32
Wouldn't a young Singaporean more likely hang out on the blowingwind forum instead...

Well, I certainly know someone who has been blowing a lot of wind.
:clapping:

Brad the Impala
April 30th, 2018, 14:28
It doesn't matter how the hydra was identified.

Your "conclusive proof" of robots and IP addresses turns out to be a complete and deliberate fabrication.

Also referring to a poster as a hydra, when, if Surfcrest guesssed correctly, and that is a moot point, he posted four times under another name, is hyperbolic nonsense. I think that you'll find that a number of posters here have done something similar over the course of their posting history. I wouldn't condone it but I certainly wouldn't vilify them over it.

a447
April 30th, 2018, 15:09
There is no mention that this conclusion was reached as a result of two posts from the same IP address as you assert

What's the board software for?

It was simply a subjective decision from Surfcrest, under pressure from Fountainhall, that may or may not have been correct.

WTF?? So you're saying that someone was banned because another member simply asked for him to be banned?

Surely that "subjective decision" was made after careful consideration was given to the evidence provided by the member requesting the ban. You don't just ban someone simply because a member asks you to so. Wouldn't any decision hsve to be made based on what was considered beyond reasonable doubt?

You would be aware that admin has access to information not availabke to other members. I'll leave you to guess what that information is.

And how strange that you would come to sglad's defence, when he has said nothing himself. It's even stranger that you are implying the previous owner did not apply due diligence when making his decision to ban a member from this board.

Sorry, but I trust the much-vaunted software to do its job. So I have nothing further to say, unless you can show that the software isn't working.

Good luck with that!

arsenal
April 30th, 2018, 22:09
Brad needs some good luck with many things as it seems life threw him the wet knickers curve ball and he refuses to let it go.

scottish-guy
April 30th, 2018, 23:45
..Wouldn't any (Admin) decision have to be made based on what was considered beyond reasonable doubt?

Yeah that's maybe how it worked when Surfy was in charge - but it's long since gone by the wayside :D

...You would be aware that admin has access to information not available to other members...

Arsenal's date of birth? I'd guess sometime in the early-mid '40s :D

arsenal
May 1st, 2018, 09:26
The 'wayside' must be absolutely full considering how many things have 'gone' there.