PDA

View Full Version : Na Jomtien - Same as Jomtien?

kkjason
March 28th, 2018, 10:12
Hey all you Pattaya friends. My husband and I are looking at a condo in Pattaya, but we are not that familiar with the area. It is Na Jomtien. Now, is this the same as Jomtien Beach, or is it further down the coast a bit? I know it is next to the Ocean Marina, and about 12KM from Beach Road in Central Pattaya. Any advice? We like the idea of being in a quieter area, yet only a 20 baht sung taow (spelling - I know) ride away from the city - but, we don't want it to be dead either. Looking at is as a place to go for 2 weeks or so at a time as a change from our home in Khon Kaen. Any advice appreciated as always.

kkjason
March 28th, 2018, 10:21
Also - at the risk of starting yet another thread - Can someone tell the name of the Pattaya taxi service that does Suvhanbum airport pickups? Ideally, we would want the driver to stay with us for a few hours on arrival as well before heading to the hotel. It has been a few years since I used them and I can't remember for the life of me the name - Thanks in advance.

scottish-guy
March 28th, 2018, 17:13
I suspect there's several but I have used PT Taxis

colmx
March 28th, 2018, 20:04
Na Jomtien is the south part of Jomtien beach and is pretty remote.... The beach at that end is practically non existent due to coastal erosion and the road is quite narrow.
Unless you had your own transportation I would forget about it as you don't tend to find many Songtaews traveling that far south (except private hires), those that do travel that far will be infrequent

arsenal
March 29th, 2018, 11:00
Hi Jason.
I wouldn't stay in Na Jomtien. Its miles from anywhere and there's very little there. It could also take you a long long time to even get to Jomtien, let alone Pattaya because the huge restaurants located there get very full and the traffic can be gridlocked. Add in the tour buses that can block the road for 20 minutes and even on a motorbike the journey along Jomtien Beach Road can take 30 minutes or more.

kkjason
March 29th, 2018, 13:17
Great information Colmz and Arsenal - Much appreciated.

mahjongguy
March 31st, 2018, 15:27
Yeah, forget about Na Jomtien. For your purposes you might consider the new condos on Jomtien Second Road across from Jomtien Beach Road soi 9.

kkjason
April 6th, 2018, 08:47
I suspect there's several but I have used PT Taxis

Thanks for this recommendation! I called PT Taxi and booked directly over the phone. The guy was ready and waiting for us on Saturday, was incredibly HOT to boot, which as an added bonus, and drove us around as needed. He got along great with my husband and gave some great insight to the area. We came back without a condo, but are heading back on Monday to look again - will be using them again. Thanks again -