PDA

View Full Version : Problems with this site

July 23rd, 2006, 02:56
Whenever I first log on to this site, I sometimes manage to get on, but when I do, I find that by clicking of icons to get me in the site and topics, nothing happens, it happens with various computers I have used, one just clicks and nothing happens. I find I have to go into the site many times before access can be gained.

Do other people have this problem?

wowpow
July 23rd, 2006, 06:03
I am no computer whizz but I find that if I bookmark/favourite the Gay Thailand Forum, on my home computer it takes me there logged on.

July 23rd, 2006, 06:05
Yep. Been having the same problem. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 attempts to get a message link to work.

Smiles
July 23rd, 2006, 06:25
This is just speculation, but this morning I had some trouble with messages taking, slowness, and one time out.

There is a topic in the Guidelines Forum ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... php?t=8551 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8551) ) which describes some Member Login problems being experienced lately, and I wonder whether today ElephantSpike was doing some Board maintenance to see whether he could solve those problems. Often the Board will go a bit wonky while he's working on the innards.

Just a thought .. no idea whether it's the real problem or not.

Cheers ...

July 23rd, 2006, 10:15
I am no computer whizz but I find that if I bookmark/favourite the Gay Thailand Forum, on my home computer it takes me there logged on.

I do exactly the same TeePee and never have any problem logging on, unless of the course it is one of those days when the board is blocked from here. The proxy's (also addded to bookmarks) are useful but they do tend to be quite slow, infuriatingly slow sometimes. I assume you can add favourites to any computer you use in an internet cafe, but you should probably ensure that you log out of the website before you leave. Further, I suppose there is no guarantee that you will get the same computer when you return to the cafe.

The only problem I still have is the 'send message' in the private message forum. It's not actually a problem, it's just that when you send a message privately, the screen just reloads with your message still on view and no indication is given that the message has been sent. I have learnt that by clicking the 'submit' button once ensures the message is sent anyway, regardless of the lack of confirmation. I still think this is a very user friendly and well organised board.

July 24th, 2006, 06:40
... really, just click and it should work, shouldnt have to have a certain way of getting into it, people dont have problems in other sites like this one. I can only assume and Im probably right, without being arrogant, its something to do with the way it is set up. I get the same problem by the way, even though it is on my favourites.

Never mind, at least I know its not just me and that others are having the same problem

July 24th, 2006, 07:28
No problems from HKong at all, very fast as well. I never log in or out, waste of time, just as Teepee, my bookmark is the logged on version. Same with other forums. :albino: