PDA

View Full Version : American Irony.

scottish-guy
March 17th, 2018, 03:18

francois
March 17th, 2018, 18:25
scottish-guy, here is the original photo, before it was altered.

scottish-guy
March 17th, 2018, 18:28
I was well aware of that Francois.

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2018, 19:10
Hey, don't leave the blind guy out! What happened?

Are we Trump bashing again? That's one of my favorites. :)

scottish-guy
March 17th, 2018, 21:08
It was a screengrab of an elderly US Sheriff appearing on Fox TV in reaction to current events, pronouncing that "Russia is embarrassing itself" - whilst himself sporting a ridiculous 2ft tall stetson.

Francois has pointed out (and I already knew) that the stetson had been photoshopped and in reality was only 1 foot tall

francois
March 18th, 2018, 00:09
As scottish-guy writes, the US Sheriff was wearing a Stetson, which is commonly worn by law enforcement officers in the USA. The image of the Sheriff in the original post by scottish-guy, was more like a very tall "stove pipe" hat. The elderly Sheriff was 65 years old.

scottish-guy
March 18th, 2018, 02:13
...The elderly Sheriff was 65 years old.

I did not know his age - thanks for letting me know.

Since he is 65 I admit I ought not to have used the word 'elderly'.

'Decrepit' would have sufficed.

francois
March 18th, 2018, 11:41
The man in the photo does not seem to fit the description of decrepit. At least by my interpretation. He looks rather healthy to me.

decrepit

adjective

Weakened, worn out, impaired, or broken down by old age, illness, or hard use. See Synonyms at weak.

scottish-guy
March 18th, 2018, 15:55
Oh for fuck sake Mr Grumpy, open another bottle of Merlot - you never know - your face might crack into something resembling a smile

pennyboy
March 18th, 2018, 16:08
I fail to see the point of posting a picture of someone in a silly hat whilst knowing that it was photoshopped and claiming the wearer looked ridiculous.

scottish-guy
March 18th, 2018, 16:36
He is in a funny hat whether in the photoshopped or original version - this last week, how many people have you seen interviewed in a TV studio wearing a fucking cowboy hat?

But then again you're another one who's had a sense of humour bypass aren't you - in fact, imagining your sourpuss expression, I think in your case they carried out the procedure without an anaesthetic

francois
March 18th, 2018, 17:10
Oh for fuck sake Mr Grumpy, open another bottle of Merlot - you never know - your face might crack into something resembling a smile

This is all for cdnmatt who is blind and must rely on descriptions of photos given by others.
Describing the man in the the hat as elderly and decrepit might give matt the wrong impression.:devilsh:

scottish-guy
March 18th, 2018, 17:22
Ok let's tell him the Sheriff is 20 and incredibly hot, then Matt can have a wank to it?

:drink:

pennyboy
March 18th, 2018, 18:58
He is in a funny hat whether in the photoshopped or original version - this last week, how many people have you seen interviewed in a TV studio wearing a fucking cowboy hat?

But then again you're another one who's had a sense of humour bypass aren't you - in fact, imagining your sourpuss expression, I think in your case they carried out the procedure without an anaesthetic

Oh Dear! A little grumpy are we? I reckon you got just got caught out by francois.

arsenal
March 18th, 2018, 19:19
Pennyboy wrote

"I fail to see the point of posting a picture of someone in a silly hat whilst knowing that it was photoshopped and claiming the wearer looked ridiculous."

Quite.

scottish-guy
March 18th, 2018, 19:33
I did NOT get caught out by anybody - I have the original version on my desktop - if anybody would like it emailed they can examine the properties and when it was created. This will show I created the file prior to Francois' post.

scottish-guy
March 18th, 2018, 19:34
Pennyboy wrote

"I fail to see the point of posting a picture of someone in a silly hat whilst knowing that it was photoshopped and claiming the wearer looked ridiculous."

Quite.

I fail to see the point of YOU - does that mean you'll fuck off? I doubt it

bkkguy
March 18th, 2018, 19:45
decrepit
adjective
Weakened, worn out, impaired, or broken down by old age, illness, or hard use. See Synonyms at weak.

I just checked in my Scottish Dictionary and found the following entry:

English
adjective
Weakened, worn out, impaired, or broken down by old age, illness, or hard use. See Synonyms at weak. See also French. See also American.

bkkguy

arsenal
March 18th, 2018, 20:02
"I fail to see the point of YOU - does that mean you'll fuck off? I doubt it"

Mr Arsenal is heartbroken and is sobbing uncontrollably. Please post another photoshopped picture of someone in a 'funny' hat to cheer him up.

MiniMee
March 18th, 2018, 20:38
I did NOT get caught out by anybody - I have the original version on my desktop

Did you photoshop the original Scotty? Did you modify anything other than the hat?

scottish-guy
March 18th, 2018, 21:42
I didn't even modify the hat - it came from Jeremy Vine's twitter feed - feel free to check

arsenal
March 19th, 2018, 08:53
Over 40 years of public service. You might like to give a little more thought to your posting.

http://www.butlersheriff.org/command/sheriff/

scottish-guy
March 19th, 2018, 21:24
So we are meant to give respect to people solely on the basis of length of time in “service” now?

I look forward to your insistence we all genuflect to Putin or perhaps Mugabe? Or Denis Skinner even - I’m sure you’re one of his biggest fans

arsenal
March 19th, 2018, 21:55
Coming soon from Scottish Guy. A hilarious photoshopped picture of a nurse in a funny hat and a Mexican wearing a huge sombrero. I'm excited.

scottish-guy
March 20th, 2018, 00:14
Well thanks to you continually giving us your tuppence worth, the views are increasing. Keep it up.

arsenal
March 20th, 2018, 06:56
:cool:

paborn
May 13th, 2018, 07:52
I fail to see the point of posting a picture of someone in a silly hat whilst knowing that it was photoshopped and claiming the wearer looked ridiculous.

Oh, have you not noticed a degree of Anti American rhetoric on the board? I'm an American, make a real point, with real facts and I'll agree with you. I spend most of my day Trump bashing. But, a photoshoped image ? I thinl the "irony" is on the other foot

werner
May 13th, 2018, 17:10
Oh, have you not noticed a degree of Anti American rhetoric on the board? I'm an American, make a real point, with real facts and I'll agree with you. I spend most of my day Trump bashing. But, a photoshoped image ? I thinl the "irony" is on the other foot

Oh....come on. What is wrong with a little anti-American rhetoric? I have perhaps contributed to the anti-American bashing by complaining on this forum about chatty Americans that talk and talk and talk to you even at 8:00 AM in the morning as you go up and down elevators in "gay-friendly" hotels.

I am Swiss, but can also contribute to some anti-Swiss bashing.....In fact, I am sure that I could not live in stuffy boring Zürich, although some people from the city think that it is the most wonderful place in the world.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2018, 18:03
If you can't laugh at yourself you're extremely insecure.

Yraen
May 19th, 2018, 06:58
I thinl the "irony" is on the other foot

Oh, USian-bashing. What a great hobby. :D On that note ... Is this a USian version of a mixed metaphor?

paborn
May 20th, 2018, 02:26
Point of fact, American in the west frequently wear stetson hats as part of their heritage. In the sheriff's case it is part of his uniform. Rather like a Scot piper in his kilt and high headpeice. An unkind person might make fun of that outfit with no need to photoshop. I would never do that as I find such antagonism to other nationalities rather tiresome.

Smiles
May 20th, 2018, 02:59
" ... An unkind person might make fun of that outfit with no need to photoshop. I would never do that as I find such antagonism to other nationalities rather tiresome."Feeling christ-like today are we?

francois
May 20th, 2018, 12:55
Point of fact, American in the west frequently wear stetson hats as part of their heritage. .

I agree with you paborn, as I also posted a similar remark,

"As scottish-guy writes, the US Sheriff was wearing a Stetson, which is commonly worn by law enforcement officers in the USA"

I think Smiles was having a bad hair day! :(

And by the way, the Canadians even make cowboys hats.

https://www.travelalberta.com/uk/articles/calgarys-western-wear-has-you-covered-68/

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2018, 21:50
And the Spanish!

<Doodle Ooddle Oooh - Wah Hah Hah... Doodle Oodle Oooh - Wah Hah Hee....Doodle Oodle Oooh...>

francois
May 20th, 2018, 23:37
And the Spanish!

<Doodle Ooddle Oooh - Wah Hah Hah... Doodle Oodle Oooh - Wah Hah Hee....Doodle Oodle Oooh...>

??????????????

arsenal
May 22nd, 2018, 11:53
Francois wrote (about Scottish Guy)

"??????????????"

You've just noticed?

scottish-guy
May 22nd, 2018, 13:24
...the Canadians even make cowboys hats....

..And the Spanish....<Doodle Ooddle Oooh - Wah Hah Hah... Doodle Oodle Oooh - Wah Hah Hee....Doodle Oodle Oooh...>

??????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQGGQ-FCe_w

All in all, 15 minutes well spent! Now for a pot of tea and some cream crackers and cheese :drink: