PDA

View Full Version : The end of civilisation as we know it?

frequent
March 12th, 2018, 05:49
In another blow to traditional English values, the National Trust has been found out suggesting that cream should go onto a scone before jam, and not afterwards http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-43363435

I hope arsenal in particular will be waving the flag he displays so proudly as his avatar in protest at this outrageous slur

scottish-guy
March 12th, 2018, 06:28
Of course I wouldn't want to upset Arsenal - but just in case he's tempted to wave the butcher's apron in defence of Cream Teas he might consider that there is a thriving Independence movement in Cornwall who would not welcome it and might tell him where to shove his flagpole

frequent
March 12th, 2018, 06:31
I wouldn't want to upset Arsenal but in case he's tempted to wave the butcher's apron in defence of Cream Teas he might consider that there is a thriving Independence movement in Cornwall who would not welcome his flag waving and might tell him where to shove it.I'm sure the Duchess of Cornwall might oblige there

scottish-guy
March 12th, 2018, 06:35
Well I recall Prince Charles (whilst married to Diana I believe) had an intercepted telephone conversation with declaring that he wanted to be her tampon - so I guess she's up for anything.

Here are some (100% genuine) extracts from the recording that was made:

Charles: Anyway you know that's the sort of thing one has to beware of. And
sort of feel one's way along with - if you know what I mean.

Camilla: Mmmm. You're awfully good feeling your way along.

Charles: Oh Stop! I want to feel my way along you, all over you and up and
down you and in and out...

Camilla: Oh!

Charles: Particularly in and out!..........

Charles: Oh. God. I'll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be
much easier!

Camilla: (laughing) "what are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers?

Both laugh

Camilla: Oh, You're your'e going to come back as a pair of knickers.

Charles: Or, God forbid a Tampax. Just my luck! (Laughs)......

Camilla: Oh, perhaps you could come back as a box.

Charles: What sort of box?

Camilla: A box of Tampax, so you could just keep going.

Charles: That's true.

Camilla: Repeating yourself...(Laughing) Oh, darling I just want you now.

Charles: Do You?

Camilla: Mmmmm

Charles: So do I! ......

Camilla: Bye, Press the button.

Charles: Going to press the tit.

Camilla: All right darling, I wish you were pressing mine.

Charles: God, I wish I was, Harder and harder.

Camilla: Oh, darling.

Charles: Night.

Camilla: Night.

Charles: Love you.

Camilla: (Yawning) Love you. Press the tit......

Makes one just want to wave one's Union Jack and sing Rule Britannia, doesn't it

frequent
March 12th, 2018, 08:08
The National Trust should probably be re-branded the National Distrust; it was only last year that our PM, (Mother) Theresa May criticised them for dropping the word Easter from the annual Easter Egg Hunt http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39487307

Makes one just want to wave one's Union Jack and sing Rule Britannia, doesn't itUnfortunately the royal trend of marrying one's mistress continues unabated there - like father, like sons. The latest is even marrying an actress - hasn't he heard of Nell Gwyn?

scottish-guy
March 12th, 2018, 18:34
Is Nell Gwyn an ancestor of Fred Gwynne - he was awfully good in The Munsters

bkkguy
March 13th, 2018, 20:45
after waffling on about the jam/cream v's cream/jam storm in a teacup, the article ends with "there are worse atrocities in the world" - the author had obviously just heard someone from the USA try to order a scone!

and personally being a fan of the humble jam sandwich I find it much more logical when tackling a scone to always add the dairy before the fruit and definitely find the US concept of peanut butter and jelly totally unacceptable on a sandwich or a scone!

bkkguy

scottish-guy
March 15th, 2018, 07:09
... I find it much more logical when tackling a scone to always add the dairy before the fruit..

That's the essence of the whole Cornish Cream Tea debate - does the cream go on the jam or the jam go on the cream?

PS: It's the former