PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Virgin - Looking for recos.

RuralJuror
March 11th, 2018, 22:30
Hi: This might be a repeat of an existing post but thought I'd give it a go anyway. First time in BKK and in town with a bunch of friends for 2 nights very soon.

What would be the top 5 must-visit gay/ gay go go / lady boy go go bars/clubs etc., for us to hit up? Also, any other must dos you all would recommend? Staying in Silom area (I believe) at the Lebua and just looking to have a great time - not necessarily pick-up.

Also, open to recos about bars/restaurants/ areas etc., where the local Thai crowds hangout - especially to experinces the local nightlife.

Thanks!

gerefan2
March 12th, 2018, 02:58
Can’t help because I have never heard of “recos” .Sorry.

frequent
March 12th, 2018, 03:47
I'm assuming it's some illiterate abbreviation of "recommendations"

poshglasgow
March 12th, 2018, 07:37
Hi: This might be a repeat of an existing post but thought I'd give it a go anyway. First time in BKK and in town with a bunch of friends for 2 nights very soon.

What would be the top 5 must-visit gay/ gay go go / lady boy go go bars/clubs etc., for us to hit up? Also, any other must dos you all would recommend? Staying in Silom area (I believe) at the Lebua and just looking to have a great time - not necessarily pick-up.

Also, open to recos about bars/restaurants/ areas etc., where the local Thai crowds hangout - especially to experinces the local nightlife.

Thanks!

I would certainly avoid any venue where there was a plethora (is that the correct collective noun?) of ladyboys.
In my rule book kathoeys are strictly off-limits, but, hey, each to their own and if that is what interests you I am sure you will not be disappointed in Thailand but I cannot abide boys with big bouncy tits and slingbacks!

I knew a guy who fantasised about indulging in a ménage à trois involving two ladyboys. He said to me, "It would be like winning the lottery."
I said, "Yes, it certainly would: six matching balls!!"

What is the correct collective noun for a group of ladyboys?

frequent
March 12th, 2018, 08:20
I would certainly avoid any venue where there was a plethora (is that the correct collective noun?) of ladyboys.
In my rule book kathoeys are strictly off-limits, but, hey, each to their own and if that is what interests you I am sure you will not be disappointed in Thailand but I cannot abide boys with big bouncy tits and slingbacks!I regard drag acts as merely a form of occupational therapy for ladyboys but, as you say, each to his own. However the notion that anyone would supply a list of their "Top Five" of anything for someone who is in Bangkok for only two nights seems over-kill. The short answer is - go to Silom Soi 4 to start the evening and end up at either DJ Station or any bar in Soi Twilight to end it

sglad
March 12th, 2018, 08:27

An a747 of ladyboys.

A fountainhole of katoeys.

Smiles
March 12th, 2018, 10:34

"A vaginora of katoeyora".

Has a nice poetic ring to it, doncha think? Say that ten times.

scottish-guy
March 18th, 2018, 02:11
..What is the correct collective noun for a group of ladyboys?

A hormonium of ladyboys

Oliver2
March 19th, 2018, 15:38
A screech of ladyboys.

paborn
April 21st, 2018, 00:45
It's truly a shame that with all the collective knowledge on this forum the poster could not get a single helpful response. I still remeber my first trip - pre internet days - I walked about quite dazed.

Brad the Impala
April 21st, 2018, 01:38
Isn't this how Hangover Two started? A group of friends staying at Lebua, or similar, out for a good time. Perhaps the OP has been watching it lately.

Anyway there is something so antagonising in the opening post, from someone who has done so little research that they are not even sure where their hotel is, that if I did have any "recos"for hidden away low profile places I would be keeping them to myself, because I wouldn't want them to be spoiled by this group, nor would I want to bump into them there. How mean am I?!

So, as previously mentioned, that leaves you with Silom Soi 4, Soi Pratuchai especially Dream Boys, then DJ Station.

paborn
April 21st, 2018, 03:17
Isn't this how Hangover Two started? A group of friends staying at Lebua, or similar, out for a good time. Perhaps the OP has been watching it lately.

Anyway there is something so antagonising in the opening post, from someone who has done so little research that they are not even sure where their hotel is, that if I did have any "recos"for hidden away low profile places I would be keeping them to myself, because I wouldn't want them to be spoiled by this group, nor would I want to bump into them there. How mean am I?!

So, as previously mentioned, that leaves you with Silom Soi 4, Soi Pratuchai especially Dream Boys, then DJ Station.

Is it that you do not have any notion of what a foirum is for? If asking an honest question is "antagonising" to you , then , don't bother to make such comments

paborn
April 21st, 2018, 03:19
Yes, a typo!!! Yes, I know it's forum and I suspect that recos might be a common colloquial usage whjere thius poster is from. OMG , why all the smartass comments

gerefan2
April 21st, 2018, 10:06
error

a447
April 21st, 2018, 10:15
.... from someone who has done so little research that they are not even sure where their hotel is,....

I don't find anything unusual about that.

When I travel with a group of friends, we don't all make individual bookings at a hotel; it is left for one person to arrange that. If it's not me, then I haven't a clue where we are staying until I get there.

As for "hidden away low profile places," they may indeed exist out there somewhere but I think we would have discovered them by now and someone would have mentioned them on one of the forums.

But if anyone finds one, be sure to let me know! In the meantime, I'll keep looking!

paborn
April 21st, 2018, 21:23
I don't find anything unusual about that.

When I travel with a group of friends, we don't all make individual bookings at a hotel; it is left for one person to arrange that. If it's not me, then I haven't a clue where we are staying until I get there.

As for "hidden away low profile places," they may indeed exist out there somewhere but I think we would have discovered them by now and someone would have mentioned them on one of the forums.

But if anyone finds one, be sure to let me know! In the meantime, I'll keep looking!

Exactly! And, yes, most guidebooks offer things like," what to do in Paris with two days, three days." etc. I think the operative question is do you want a sort of pick up bar type like telephone pub or the go-go bar wxperience. These are two very different experiences . I haven't stayed in BKK for some years. This coming trip I'm planning to stay two or three nights to break my travel before heading to Pattaya. So, I'm having some of the same thoughts. But, as a veteran of 28 trips I think I'll get my bearing quickly. Facial at Cutey Beauty, pop in the Golden Cock in the afternoon, dinner at the old Sphinx ( forget the new name cork and something ) then off to Dicks for a drink while watching the lads come to work and the, - well I follow the cutest to walk by.

francois
April 22nd, 2018, 17:31
It's truly a shame that with all the collective knowledge on this forum the poster could not get a single helpful response. I still remeber my first trip - pre internet days - I walked about quite dazed.

Regrettably, paborn, the original question was very broad and yet very specific making a meaningful response difficult. The top 5 must visits; recos for bars, restaurants, areas, etc. As a result the responses could not satisfy the OP's (original poster) question.

sglad
April 22nd, 2018, 19:57
Bangkok virgin?

Does such a thing exist? Or is this what they call an oxymoron?

paborn
April 22nd, 2018, 22:43
Regrettably, paborn, the original question was very broad and yet very specific making a meaningful response difficult. The top 5 must visits; recos for bars, restaurants, areas, etc. As a result the responses could not satisfy the OP's (original poster) question.

Francois, I agree. Although I think my point is that while broad it lacked the real specifics. To me (1) Are you young and confident about picking up another gay in a club - do you pay or not (2) are you eager to go to a go go and ready to pay the off and tip. This two types coexist, may morph from 1 to 2 as we age. The recommendations will be different. But, then again not everyone is truly honest about their personal needs so , in a way, most broad posts will somehow fail. Still, we can gove some recommendations to someone new and keep it simple.

Brad the Impala
April 24th, 2018, 05:53
Good to see that the Bangkok Virgin came back to express his thanks to those who provided recos!