PDA

View Full Version : gay marrige in Asia

chapat
March 9th, 2018, 08:40
Hello
I'm German and my boyfriend is Russian. Does anyone has experiance or know how we can legaly marriga in Asia? We both living in Thailand but Thailand is not possile yet. I hear Taiwan is legal now, but can we marriage there?
Any advise or experience sharing would be highly apreciated.

Thanks

bobsaigon2
March 9th, 2018, 09:03
Looks like it is not yet possible in Taiwan. Need to check with Taiwan government.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3350793

Other option in Asia-Pacific would be New Zealand.

frequent
March 9th, 2018, 10:54
Looks like it is not yet possible in Taiwan. Need to check with Taiwan government.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3350793

Other option in Asia-Pacific would be New Zealand.The NZers are so desperate for people to visit they probably are running tours to get married there. Do a Google search

werner
March 9th, 2018, 13:49
Why don't you get married in Germany? That would seem to be the logical conclusion.

I wonder whether two people who are NOT NZ citizens and who have no legal residence in NZ could get married there. And even if you could, would it have the same legal validity and worth of a marriage in Germany for a German citizen....

In any case: I wish you both well, and congratulations for finding love.....

scottish-guy
March 9th, 2018, 14:19
Why don't you get married in Germany? That would seem to be the logical conclusion.

Visa issue?

[QUOTE=werner;238087] I wonder whether two people who are NOT NZ citizens and who have no legal residence in NZ could get married there. And even if you could, would it have the same legal validity and worth of a marriage in Germany for a German citizen....

Every day of the week str8 people from the UK (and I presume elsewhere in Europe) go to far-flung or exotic destinations specifically to get married e.g USA or the Carribean - and there is no question of recognition. Why would Germany take a different view?

frequent
March 9th, 2018, 14:38
I wonder whether two people who are NOT NZ citizens and who have no legal residence in NZ could get married there. Here's a thought - look it up on the fucking Internet, or are you just too lazy?