PDA

View Full Version : whats to do [daytime in Pattaya]

aot871
March 7th, 2018, 00:23
What do u do in the daytime in pattaya if u are not a beach person and also theres nothing to see on the movies

scottish-guy
March 7th, 2018, 00:27
Being awake in the daytime is where you're going wrong

:D

dubdavie
March 7th, 2018, 01:41
I went to the sea life water park and thought it was crap.....Although I understand the one in Bangkok is supposed to be much better

colmx
March 7th, 2018, 02:52
Visit to Sansuk
Go for a massage (non sex or sex) Manicure, pedicure
Visit to Sanctuary of Truth
Visit to Silverlake and Buddha Mountain
Visit the Waterparks
Visit to Mapruchan lake
Visit Art in Paradise
Visit Underwater world
Visit to monkey island Ko ped/Ko bai
Visit the floating Market, Mimosa, Mini Siam and Nong Nooch gardens
Visit the tiger zoo in Sri Racha
Trip to Bang Saray/Bang Saen - not for the beach - for the "adventure" and the Uni Students
Trip to Harbour Mall for Shopping/Window Shopping + Ice Skating!
Trip to Central marina in North pattaya for Shopping/Window Shopping
Visit Ripleys in Royal Garden Mall
Browse Tukcom + buy some electronics
Go up Pratumnak Hill
Sleep all day and party all night (this is usually what I end up doing!)
Drink all day in Pattaya Beer Garden

Some of these will require own transport, but with Uber these days its also easy to get around. Hire someone for the day and do 2 of the above as part of the same trip

frequent
March 7th, 2018, 02:57
What do u do in the daytime in pattaya if u are not a beach person and also theres nothing to see on the moviesI suspect that that is the reason many guys team up with the same boy, so their days are filled with shopping

poshglasgow
March 7th, 2018, 04:25
I went to the sea life water park and thought it was crap.....Although I understand the one in Bangkok is supposed to be much better

I went to the freshwater park and thought it was... carp!

scottish-guy
March 7th, 2018, 04:55
I went to buy a straw hat and got felt

arsenal
March 7th, 2018, 08:54
Sit in your hotel room all day logged onto Sawatdee and enjoy the endless stream of wonderful, relevant and hilarious posts from Scottish Guy. That's what I do.

arsenal
March 7th, 2018, 10:37
Alternatively you can hire a motorbike. Head away from the sun and see where you end up.

francois
March 7th, 2018, 11:05
Hiring a motorbike is a good idea, but only if you have a license and experience in driving one. Otherwise you may end up dead.

Welcome back, arsenal.

arsenal
March 7th, 2018, 12:46
You might end up here. I'm not sure exactly where it is, somewhere south of Bang Saray. A lovely spot to have a latte and a flirt with someone local on Blued.com.

scottish-guy
March 7th, 2018, 14:42
Posted yesterday (7th March):

Sit in your hotel room all day logged onto Sawatdee and enjoy the endless stream of wonderful, relevant and hilarious posts from Scottish Guy. That's what I do.

Now, let's wind back to FEBRUARY 22nd (less than 2 weeks ago)

....Following this report I am going to take a 5/6 week full hiatus from posting here.... I won't post anything...

First of all this esteemed Mod announced last year he'd be quitting by the end of it - that turned out to be a lie - now he has returned from a "5/6 week hiatus" after 13 days - that's turned out to be another lie.

Can anybody believe a single word this guy says - and if you do, are you mental?

arsenal
March 7th, 2018, 15:21
I had.intemded to take the aforementioned break but your posts are so sparkly and full of deft wit that I couldn't help myself from joining in.

scottish-guy
March 7th, 2018, 15:32
Evidently they're appreciated more than yours - and by a margin of around 5%.

Mind the gap!

Anyhoo I'll just leave people to make their own minds up about your latest u-turn/change of mind/lie.

TTFN

arsenal
March 7th, 2018, 15:35
We are in complete agreement and I like the fact you're spending serious time checking dates and maths with regards to my posting history. I wish I cared as much as you do.

Jellybean
March 7th, 2018, 17:41
What do u do in the daytime in pattaya if u are not a beach person and also theres nothing to see on the movies

Most of my visits to Pattaya last no more than 4 days, aot871 and I am travelling down from Bangkok, not direct from a foreign country.

I used to go down to Dongtan Beach when I stayed at either Le Café Royale or the Ambiance hotels. But I got rather fed up staying at those hotels and moved slightly up market and began staying at a hotel with a swimming pool. And I certainly wouldn’t stay in Boyz Town at the moment with it looking like a building site.

With a swimming pool on my doorstep, there was therefore no need to go to the beach and besides, I wasn’t particularly happy being squeezed in like a sardine and sitting too close to other fa-ràng, where I could not relax and enjoy reading or watching whatever eye-candy happened to be passing without hearing every word of the conversations being held within a few feet of my sun-lounger. So now I swim or relax and read by the hotel pool.

When the mood takes me I’ll either have a massage with a happy ending, or a wander around Central Festival shopping mall for shopping, lunch or dropping into Starbucks for an iced chocolate. As you see, nothing too exciting or energetic.

. . . Welcome back, arsenal.

Yes, I second your opinion françois. I too welcome the return of arsenal. I have to say, it has been rather quiet around these parts since your self-imposed exile, arsenal. I hope you have recovered some of your old spirit.

;)

bkkguy
March 7th, 2018, 18:28
First of all this esteemed Mod announced last year he'd be quitting by the end of it - that turned out to be a lie - now he has returned from a "5/6 week hiatus" after 13 days - that's turned out to be another lie.

Can anybody believe a single word this guy says - and if you do, are you mental?

like other more famous alumni from the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy he is just showing his true colours - his next few posts will probably reveal that he borrows watches from friends and he supports the call for a Sawatdee-style "democratic" election of new moderators in Feb next year!

bkkguy

arsenal
March 7th, 2018, 18:54
Naughty bkkguy, getting people's hopes up. Democratic elections indeed. I've never heard the like. Whatever next?

bkkguy
March 8th, 2018, 19:01
Naughty bkkguy, getting people's hopes up. Democratic elections indeed. I've never heard the like. Whatever next?

why I am I not surprised that you don't understand the difference between a Sawatdee-style "democratic" election and a democratic election!

I also suppose it is too much to hope that Moses is a fan of Santayana and can remember the past ...

bkkguy

arsenal
March 8th, 2018, 19:35
:cool:

Doug
March 8th, 2018, 19:37
Take a book, music, newspaper and a couple of boys to the Sunee Plaza swimming pool. Rent a lounger or sit at a table for free. They have reasonably priced food and drinks - especially the tuna salad. There are chainging rooms and showers. They have a snooker table that is attractive for the boys. Take your own boy or it's a good place to meet someone from social media. OR, there are often boys cruising past who look in with hopeful expressions. It's a good idea to have a couple of pairs of cheap boxer shorts with you as the boys rarely have swimwear with them. (Of course, the last time I was in Thailand was in 2013 so all may have changed.)

francois
March 8th, 2018, 22:35
Doug, sorry to report but it has all changed since 2013.

aussie_
March 9th, 2018, 08:08
Hiring a motorbike is a good idea, but only if you have a license and experience in driving one. Otherwise you may end up dead.

Welcome back, arsenal.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1027279-video-renting-a-motorbike-in-pattaya-watch-this-first/

aussie_
March 9th, 2018, 08:10
Doug, sorry to report but it has all changed since 2013.

The pool table is still there but you are more likely to see a farang and a bar girl playing there.

christianpfc
March 10th, 2018, 11:57
This subject comes up occasionally on the gay forums, and is of interest to me so I made list:
http://christianpfc.blogspot.tw/2014/03/daytime-activities-in-pattaya.html
Having been to Pattaya many times, and going there for the nightlife, I have been to most of these places. Going just for one night in Pattaya would be too much effort by public transport, but with a friend by his car we now do so often. When going alone, I go 3 days 2 nights (arrive in the evening, have one full day to full, depart in the morning).

Beware of tourist traps like the Teddy Bear Museum and Floating Market!

Captain Swing
March 10th, 2018, 13:34
The terminally bored
Sit around with nothin' to do
They say work is hell
Heaven knows it just ain't true

Well you can punch out your boss
Get fired from your job
Collect unemployment
For your own enjoyment
Take out the trash
Come down with a rash
Pick up disease

Have doughnuts and coffee
With Colonel Khadafi
Write a new novel
That's perfectly awful
Buy some new work boots
Stomp on a waffle or two

Take a long overdue vacation
Book yourself on a flight to the moon
Volunteer for a brain operation
Don't let nobody tell you that there's nothin' to do

Well you can jump off a roof
Pretend you can fly
Maybe you'll bounce
Maybe you'll die
Maybe you'll splat
And flap until that

Well, you can practice your bongo
Go to the Congo
Get lost on safari
Ask "Where the hell are we?"
Speak in Swahili
They tell me that a lot of them do

Talk on the phone
Call up the coast
Call up collect
Dial direct
Reverse the charges
If they accept, they're home

Or, you can go overseas
Speak Japanese
Buy a new Sony
They make great TV's
Do the Watusi
Watch "I Love Lucy" too

But don't let nobody tell you that there's nothin' to do
Well, well, well, well, well, well
Don't let nobody tell you that there's nothin' to do

Joe Walsh Waffle Stomp Lyrics

Dalewood
March 10th, 2018, 14:28
I went to buy a straw hat and got felt

I tried on a pair of jeans and got felt up.

frequent
March 10th, 2018, 14:38
I tried on a pair of jeans and got felt up.A friend once tried on a pair of trousers in the change rooms of a Bangkok department store and was joined by the sales assistant who gave him a head job. This Is Thailand

scottish-guy
March 10th, 2018, 17:34
Sashaying down one of the BT sois towards Beach Road I had to run the usual gamut of Indian "tailors" trying to entice me into their lair. However, this particular day I was engaged in conversation by the "tailors" teenage-looking assistant who informed me that if I bought a couple of pairs of trousers I could fuck him!

arsenal
March 10th, 2018, 18:01
Flares probably considering your age.

scottish-guy
March 10th, 2018, 19:21
I'm prepared to confirm I once owned a pair of purple corduroy flares, together with a pair of black platform boots ("Frankenstein Boots" as my increasingly worried parents called them)

I blame it on puberty

poshglasgow
March 12th, 2018, 07:43
I'm prepared to confirm I once owned a pair of purple corduroy flares, together with a pair of black platform boots ("Frankenstein Boots" as my increasingly worried parents called them)

I blame it on puberty

The last pair of purple flares I had created mayhem when I set them off on the terraces at Ibrox, before I made way quickly back to the Celtic end of the stadium! Eh, I jest, of course.

scottish-guy
March 20th, 2018, 20:32
Dear esteemed Mod

It has been stated more than once on this board by more than one person that you are in your mid- 70’s - statements which you have never denied.

If that’s the case, I am decades younger than you

arsenal
March 20th, 2018, 21:19
:boredom:

werner
May 27th, 2018, 14:20
Visit to Sansuk
Go for a massage (non sex or sex) Manicure, pedicure
Visit to Sanctuary of Truth
Visit to Silverlake and Buddha Mountain
Visit the Waterparks
Visit to Mapruchan lake
Visit Art in Paradise
Visit Underwater world
Visit to monkey island Ko ped/Ko bai
Visit the floating Market, Mimosa, Mini Siam and Nong Nooch gardens
Visit the tiger zoo in Sri Racha
Trip to Bang Saray/Bang Saen - not for the beach - for the "adventure" and the Uni Students
Trip to Harbour Mall for Shopping/Window Shopping + Ice Skating!
Trip to Central marina in North pattaya for Shopping/Window Shopping
Visit Ripleys in Royal Garden Mall
Browse Tukcom + buy some electronics
Go up Pratumnak Hill
Sleep all day and party all night (this is usually what I end up doing!)
Drink all day in Pattaya Beer Garden

Some of these will require own transport, but with Uber these days its also easy to get around. Hire someone for the day and do 2 of the above as part of the same trip

Perhaps I am too much of a city boy--I love New York, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Bangkok, etc. etc.
None of these Pattaya activities seem very interesting......

Oliver2
May 29th, 2018, 20:36
Sex and sleep. In that order. I can't think of anything else.

Josan
May 30th, 2018, 06:00
what is - Visit Art in Paradise? Where is it?

gerefan2
May 30th, 2018, 06:23

God knows but maybe the Art shops near the flyover at the end of Third Road?

nordicguy
May 30th, 2018, 12:35
Sex and sleep. In that order. I can't think of anything else.

Great sex, relaxation, eating, sleeping .... basic manly needs are easily met in this town.

francois
May 30th, 2018, 13:52

Best to google it and find out about fine art in Pattaya. You can actually place yourself in the art.

http://www.artinparadise.co.th/

dab69
June 1st, 2018, 23:27

I blame it on puberty

Sounds kinda "hot".
In for much greater detail with pics.

wildboy
September 11th, 2019, 09:26
Go for a massage (non sex or sex). That is what I did every day when I was in pattaya.