PDA

View Full Version : Obviously I don't know everything ....

Smiles
July 22nd, 2006, 21:01
This comment appeared on the GayThailand Message Board ( http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index ... wtopic=183 (http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183) ) this morning and got me to head-scratchin'. The topic of the thread was a general questioning as to "where are all the people?"

I have never heard of the months of July and August being "High Season" in Thailand (or Pattaya, which is a country very close by).

I understand that any part of the year can be any individual's own personal High Season (I have a friend who only goes during those months), but as far as the 'numbers' are concerned, I had always thought that July & August were strictly low season.
Enlightenment please.

http://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/highseason.jpg

Cheers ...

bao-bao
July 22nd, 2006, 21:16
Other than in this posting from Stef I've NEVER heard of July and August referred to as "high season", either. It may have been an error on his part. I would think "high season" would be when it's colder at home for tourists (i.e the US, Germany, the UK) but still pleasant there in LOS. Why else would rates go up there from November through March?

I think you have it correct, as usual, Smiles!

Smiles
July 22nd, 2006, 21:30
" ... I think you have it correct, as usual, Smiles! ... "
You should discuss this concept with Hedda. :tongue9: :tongue9: :tongue9:

Cheers ...

PS ... on looking back at the thread in question, the poster ("Stef") has now made an explanatory post. Nice to know the folks on that Board check this Board. :blackeye:

GayThailand
July 22nd, 2006, 23:22
You should discuss this concept with Hedda. :tongue9: :tongue9: :tongue9:

Cheers ...

PS ... on looking back at the thread in question, the poster ("Stef") has now made an explanatory post. Nice to know the folks on that Board check this Board. :blackeye:

HaHa. Thanks Smiles. As I see your saw StefтАЩs post less than 30 min after it was posted, I guess I need to thank you for your compulsive viewing of our site. We appreciate your patronage. :)

July 22nd, 2006, 23:44
Hi Bao-Bao, yes it is in fact a mistake on my part. Were typying way too fast probably and did miss half of what I was trying to say. Also English is my second language. I think too fast and the fingers can't keep up :)

http://www.stephanmignon.com/headscratching.jpg

Hey Smile, could I suggest you to get a -Shirobhyanga- massage, also called the -Ayurvedic head massage-. At least there, You won't have to scratch your head, someone will be do it for you and you will be in Heaven :) Very good to start the day. No matter if it is High season or Not, you will have a wonderful time for sure.
I have add it several times and I really enjoyed it very much.

Hey Smile, Of Course I do check this board, I enjoy it. I don't post very often but I always here to read. The owner has done a great job. Was on the old forum as well.

Cheers.

Smiles
July 23rd, 2006, 00:10
" ... HaHa. Thanks Smiles. As I see your saw StefтАЩs post less than 30 min after it was posted, I guess I need to thank you for your compulsive viewing of our site. We appreciate your patronage. :) ... "
Well, I am a member there, so not sure if it's compulsive.
You have a fairly slow Board & a quite good and informative website and I enjoy the view every so often. Though you must admit the Board is a bit of a 'pas de (mal) deux' between H & G. Some find them interesting ...

Cheers ...

sing_lofty_sing
July 23rd, 2006, 01:11
I got in contact with TwoFaces bar for a reservation in August. I asked them for there Low season Discount which they advertise on there web site. The message i got back was. quote: july August September, no low season so sorry cannot discount.
You ask any other hotel or guesthouse and thats not the same. Needless to say im not staying there now, due to there attitude or greed.

GayThailand
July 23rd, 2006, 01:55
" ... HaHa. Thanks Smiles. As I see your saw StefтАЩs post less than 30 min after it was posted, I guess I need to thank you for your compulsive viewing of our site. We appreciate your patronage. :) ... "
Well, I am a member there, so not sure if it's compulsive.
You have a fairly slow Board & a quite good and informative website and I enjoy the view every so often. Though you must admit the Board is a bit of a 'pas de (mal) deux' between H & G. Some find them interesting ...

Cheers ...

I am one of the ones that find both GayButton and Hedda interesting and informative. Both are very intelligent and post things of substance. There are many posters on every site that only post BS. At least these two post things that are well-written and well thought out. On my first trip to Thailand, I relived heavily on GayButtonтАЩs site. He gave me the most information on what a trip to Thailand would be like and how to interact with the people who live there. Without his site, I would have been lost. I had viewed other sites but none had the substantive content his site had. Most people are not willing to wade though tons of shit to get to the meat of the matter. His site was laid out to where anyone could have the information at his fingertips. It was very helpful to me.

When I first read you post today Smiles, I was not sure what your intentions where. I do apologize if I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I should have realized that you would have no hidden agendas. I am happy you are a member of gaythailand.com. I am not sure why you posted a screen shot of StefтАЩs post here instead of there. I guess I assumed your intentions were less than honorable. As my mother always said, тАЬassuming only makes an ASS out of you and me.тАЭ Well, I didnтАЩt mean to make an ass out of either of us. I should have realized you just wanted to gain more information and knowledge on the subject. I should have provided that to you as opposed to a snippy response. My apologies.

GT

Smiles
July 23rd, 2006, 02:07
" ... I am one of the ones that find ... Hedda interesting and informative... "
Just give it about, oh let's say, 9-12 months. You'll see. (HINT: watch out for someone starting to address you as "Dear" or "Lovey" )
Meanwhile ~ before the inevitable appearence of The Dark Side and then Le Deluge ~ all the best ... :cheers:

"... I should have realized that you would have no hidden agendas. I am happy you are a member of gaythailand.com. I am not sure why you posted a screen shot of StefтАЩs post here instead of there. I guess I assumed your intentions were less than honorable.... "
I posted it here because this is my "home" message board . . . the only internet board I participate on a regular basis. The traffic here is greater and thus the replies may be more numerous (in spite of H predicting Sawatdee's demise as "imminent" on every second Bog prognostication).

I only have one less-than-honourable streak that I'm aware of, and that's when it comes to the ghastly H. I've tried my level best to leave it alone but am now resigned to living with this unfortunate affliction. Folks on this Board are quite rightly tired and bored with it, as I should be. But who's without faults ... let me tell you.

And cheers ..

July 23rd, 2006, 03:47
Without his site, I would have been lost.

I think this tells us more about you than him...

July 24th, 2006, 03:54
... GayThailand announced his Web site with a flourish and words to the effect of "I've been to Thailand only once, and only then to Pattaya, but I fell in love with the country". That's pretty much summed up the worth of his site, and although I'm registered there as a member, I almost never visit and certainly never post. I'm pleased to see Hedda is posting back here once again

Smiles
July 24th, 2006, 04:34
" ... I'm pleased to see Hedda is posting back here once again ... "
Yes, and I just tried some biting satire on the bitch. Not sure if it took.

Have a go yerself.

Cheers ...

July 24th, 2006, 04:55
Have a go yerselfI just did

July 24th, 2006, 19:06
You should discuss this concept with Hedda. :tongue9: :tongue9: :tongue9:And Miss Marple has responded in kind over on the Bog of Shame. Do you have any room on your hard drive for a bald fat old cunt?

Hedda tells me that she and Aunty are shortly to be interviewed together by Larry Queen, and a transcript will be appearing on Hedda's Blog, the true Hopper ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=21 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog.php?w=21) ). It seems however that they have such problems understanding Aunty's Nw Zlnd accent that the interview will run with sub-titles

GayThailand
July 24th, 2006, 20:04
... GayThailand announced his Web site with a flourish and words to the effect of "I've been to Thailand only once, and only then to Pattaya, but I fell in love with the country". That's pretty much summed up the worth of his site, and although I'm registered there as a member, I almost never visit and certainly never post. I'm pleased to see Hedda is posting back here once again

Hominterd, my first trip to Thailand was a long trip. I spend a great deal of time in Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai. I only spent a few days in Pattaya on that trip. I did fall in love with the country then and I came back to it within 2 weeks after my first trip. Since then, my Frequent Flyer Miles have stacked up and I have spent over 500 nights there. I an not an expert by any means. But, I hope some of my time spent there benefits others. I know my postings won't help you as you are the more experienced traveler and the Thailand expert.

As for visiting the site, I am saddened by the fact you don't go there more often. You are such an informative poster here and your posts here are always full of wit and intelligence. It is people like you that make this site fun to visit. I am deeply saddened by your not positng there. But, I'll get over it.

Feel free to talk amoungst yourselves. :)

July 25th, 2006, 08:35
Feel free to talk amoungst yourselves. :)And run spell-checker at will