View Full Version : Gay Marriage Hypothetical

NitNoi
February 21st, 2018, 13:43
There are rules about who you can marry to prevent inbreeding but they wouldn't apply to gay marriage. Does that mean that a man could marry his brother?

frequent
February 21st, 2018, 13:59
There are rules about who you can marry to prevent inbreeding but they wouldn't apply to gay marriage. Does that mean that a man could marry his brother?If they are both bed-wetters it may be a possibility but I suspect that the SSM legislation simply removes the opposite-gender rule and leaves everything else in place - including lifelong fidelity. Otherwise there’s no equality for marriage is there?

scottish-guy
February 21st, 2018, 15:09
There are always anomalies in law - for example, in Scotland (and perhaps the rest of the UK, I don't know) the crime of incest cannot apply to same sex liasons.

Just throwing that out there.

Heard or saw some lesbian commentator on the BBC the other day postulating that lesbians had been discriminated against and marginalised by never having been criminalised. I nearly spat out my Darjeeling - what the actual fuck are these people on?

NitNoi
February 21st, 2018, 15:16
If a brave man were to admit to an incestuous relationship with his brother and wanted to marry, would you condone/support them or object on moral grounds?

frequent
February 21st, 2018, 15:20
You are asking a faggot to judge the behaviour of consenting adults? How perverse

joe552
February 21st, 2018, 16:36
None of us are in a position to judge others - though we do so all the time. I like 2 of my 3 brothers, but I'm glad we don't live near each other (the closest being 15 miles away).

scottish-guy
February 22nd, 2018, 16:35
If a brave man were to admit to an incestuous relationship with his brother and wanted to marry, would you condone/support them or object on moral grounds?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn

Cue soundtrack

joe552
February 22nd, 2018, 17:45
I don't see what the advantages would be for 2 brothers to marry.

bkkguy
February 22nd, 2018, 18:31
I don't see what the advantages would be for 2 brothers to marry.

on the Sunee kink scale for offs I think married brothers would be up there somewhere just a bit below identical twins

bkkguy