PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper than Malaysia. Hotel

Registered
February 21st, 2018, 00:09
Arriving after midnight and leaving early the next morning so it doesn’t have to be good, but it does need to be bookable online, can be silom or sathorn area, any ideas? If it proves to be ok I will return a day or two later for a longer stay. Should have air conditioning and a safe place to put cash and a passport and maybe a stranger as well.

scottish-guy
February 21st, 2018, 02:09
A safe place to put a stranger? :eek:

Jeez what are you "Registered" as ????

But in an effort to be helpful, Dennis Nilsen put them under the floorboards or in the wardrobe, whilst Rose & Fred put 'em under the patio -

frequent
February 21st, 2018, 02:43
I've always thought the overhead bins in an aircraft the best place to put the children

dinagam
February 21st, 2018, 09:06
A contortionist might even fit snugly into a large room safe. Hah!

joe552
February 21st, 2018, 10:25
I don't know why some people find the forum less helpful than it used to be.

francois
February 21st, 2018, 12:08

Oh, you mean because there are those posters on this forum who, unable to provide a meaningful response, post frivolous answers for no other reason than to amuse themselves? :devilsh:

frequent
February 21st, 2018, 12:40
Oh, you mean because there are those posters on this forum who, unable to provide a meaningful response, post frivolous answers for no other reason than to amuse themselves? :devilsh:I think you're somewhat limiting the posters, francois. There are those who are unwilling to "provide a meaningful response". After all, where's the fun in that?

scottish-guy
February 21st, 2018, 13:46
I'm sure "Registered" is impressed by your own "meaningful response" Francois - and is even now booking online with one of the cheaper-than-the-Malaysia hotels that you provided the details of.

Meanwhile the rest of us are just having a quiet chuckle over the way he worded his post - and believe it or not we outrageously feel free to do that without your (or anybody else's) permission or approval !

:mocking_mini:

arsenal
February 21st, 2018, 16:35
Not quite. Every single thing posted here is done so with the permission of Moses including any responses to this post. Which is posted with Moses permission.

scottish-guy
February 21st, 2018, 16:54
You presume to tell me what I "feel free" to do?

Or perhaps you didn't comprehend a fairly clear statement?

Which is it?

Oh, and maybe get off your knees and stop licking Moses' boots while you're at it - or is that part of your 'job'?

francois
February 21st, 2018, 16:58
Meanwhile the rest of us are just having a quiet chuckle over the way he worded his post - and believe it or not we outrageously feel free to do that without your (or anybody else's) permission or approval !

You don't need my permission, I am not a moderator.

scottish-guy
February 21st, 2018, 17:00
I don't need his either - unless I commit some cardinal sin (or a series of them) the worst he can do is delete my stated opinion - which would bother me about as much as my next fart

MiniMee
February 21st, 2018, 19:49
There are those who are unwilling to "provide a meaningful response". After all, where's the fun in that?

Indeed. But then there are those who are unable to provide a meaningful response too.

......the worst he can do is delete my stated opinion.....

You would actually have to have, and express, an opinion before it could be deleted.

MiniMee
February 21st, 2018, 19:51
Arriving after midnight and leaving early the next morning so it doesn’t have to be good, but it does need to be bookable online, can be silom or sathorn area, any ideas? If it proves to be ok I will return a day or two later for a longer stay. Should have air conditioning and a safe place to put cash and a passport and maybe a stranger as well.

You could try https://www.baansaladaeng.com/main/index.php on Soi Saladaeng. That would meet all your criteria and gay-owned too. Try their cheapest room for about B1,200 for one night and take a larger room for a longer stay.

Alternatively, you might like https://www.lubd.com/ on Decho Road if their hostel style appeals to you. Bunk in a dorm from B360 or a private room with double bed from B1,200.

scottish-guy
February 21st, 2018, 19:56
...You would actually have to have, and express, an opinion before it could be deleted...

My dear, for all your obvious dislike of me you should have seen by now that I have lots of opinions and I feel free (take note, Arsenal) to air them at my slightest whim.

Whether or not anybody chooses to agree with my opinions, I care not a jot

FarangRuMak
February 21st, 2018, 20:07
You could try https://www.baansaladaeng.com/main/index.php on Soi Saladaeng. That would meet all your criteria and gay-owned too. Try their cheapest room for about B1,200 for one night and take a larger room for a longer stay.

Alternatively, you might like https://www.lubd.com/ on Decho Road if their hostel style appeals to you. Bunk in a dorm from B360 or a private room with double bed from B1,200.
Somebody addressing the question posed!
What next?
But as I read the question Khun Registered wishes to end up being registered in a hotel cheaper than the Malaysia Hotel.
At B1200 surely this place you recommend (baansaladeang) is dearer than the Malaysia?
I'm not sure though cos I haven't stay there in a long time.

Registered
February 21st, 2018, 20:19
Somebody addressing the question posed!
What next?
But as I read the question Khun Registered wishes to end up being registered in a hotel cheaper than the Malaysia Hotel.
At B1200 surely this place you recommend (baansaladeang) is dearer than the Malaysia?

Malaysia hotel is in fact 950 baht directly from them, sometimes cheaper from the online I hate thems at Expedia. Trouble with a dorm is that they don’t usually have real safes, and things tend to disappear. And if I put the stranger that I spent so much trouble locating on say the bunk above me, they might end up staying there, with a no doubt more attractive human than myself.

Does anyone possibly ever stay at one of the dumps on the soi near malaysia? I would go door to door, but after midnight I might have to wake staff up, and that is cruel. So looking for a place that will take a booking online or even through email. Anyone have any Sawatdee spirit? Or all bitter, lazy or ignorant, or all three?

MiniMee
February 21st, 2018, 20:42
I have lots of opinions and I feel free ........ to air them at my slightest whim.

Lame attempts at humour, based on historic and irrelevant murder cases, hardly constitute an opinion.

I haven’t stayed at the Malaysia recently either. But a quick check on the inter-web reveals that prices there start at around B1,200 too.....non-refundable early payment incentives notwithstanding and taxes not included either, which might suggest a price as low as B950.

B1,200 seems to be the price-point for a basic private room these days. Can you really expect cheaper than US$40 / £30 in the city center? You might save 3 bucks and find something for B1,100.......

arsenal
February 21st, 2018, 21:34
"I feel free (take note, Arsenal) to air them at my slightest whim."

Yes. With Moses permission.

scottish-guy
February 21st, 2018, 22:10
Factually incorrect - unless I'm banned or pre-moderated (or the forum closes) I air my opinons here at my own whim. As a member, I need no additional permission or pre-approval.

Short of closing the forum, or putting me on pre-moderation or banning me (in which case I'll never be back - so do your worst) - Moses may subsequently delete or edit my opinions or even delegate that task to some subservient underling of his choosing.

Brad the Impala
February 21st, 2018, 22:21
Oh god why don't the two of you get a room! You're as bad as each other and your endless spatting is just so tiresome and pointless.

scottish-guy
February 21st, 2018, 22:37
Here's the thing - if it was just me he irritated I might accept some blame, but it's not, so I don't.

Now, if he would only realise I'm always right there would be no dispute

:D

arsenal
February 22nd, 2018, 00:27
"As a member, I need no additional permission or pre-approval."

That is correct. No additional permission means there is permission. And as for irritating you, well tough. You shouldn't post such inappropriate, childish and deviant crap.

scottish-guy
February 22nd, 2018, 00:57
It raises the level

goji
February 22nd, 2018, 01:05

Well, for advice it's become almost completely useless.

arsenal
February 22nd, 2018, 01:06
It lowers the tone of this gentlemen's club.

frequent
February 22nd, 2018, 11:44
Oh god why don't the two of you get a room! You're as bad as each other and your endless spatting is just so tiresome and pointless.More tiresome than posts about bitcoin? I always look forward to arsenal's posts, replete as they are with his unparalleled understanding and knowledge not only of Thailand but almost everything else

joe552
February 22nd, 2018, 17:43
Well, for advice it's become almost completely useless.

I was trying to be sarcastic, goji. I obviously failed miserably, again.

scottish-guy
February 22nd, 2018, 20:01
It depends entirely on what kind of advice or information you're looking for - as a study in forensic psychiatry this forum is invaluable

christianpfc
February 24th, 2018, 09:24
No online booking (why is that important?) that I know of, but cheaper than Malaysia hotel:

Thung Mahamek privacy hotel diagonally opposite Malaysia hotel, next to 7-Eleven, 650 THB per night.

LA Hotel (short time hotel but probably overnight as well) diagonally opposite Malaysia hotel, next to Ibis, don't know prices.

I think Thung Mahamek does short time as well, so both places will be manned throughout the night.

scottish-guy
February 24th, 2018, 14:23
...No online booking (why is that important?)...

Consider the alternatives in the circumstance of trying to book a really cheap hotel:

1. Send an email - we are forever hearing complaints that even mid range Thai accommodation providers consider sending a response entirely optional
2. Make a phone call - well, good luck making yourself understood. How likely that someone renting rooms for 700B will have good foreign language skills?
3. Just show up - personally I'd never do that, I want a confirmed reservation. I remember once arriving unplanned in Pattaya in January and the difficulty I had finding a hotel room of the standard I wanted - although from what I read on here about how 'High Season' has deteriorated I suspect you could arrive on Xmas Eve these days and take your pick

goji
February 25th, 2018, 19:55
I was trying to be sarcastic, goji. I obviously failed miserably, again.

I was trying to be factual. The opening post was asking for advice about a hotel & all we get is the usual piss taking, until finally Christian offers something sensible.

So if someone wants to take the mick, this is the place, but if they want sensible advice, it's probably better to ask on one of the other two forms.

scottish-guy
February 25th, 2018, 20:02
To be fair Goji, you have contributed precisely nothing to the thread - either in the form of "taking the mick" or donating "sensible advice".

All you have done in this thread is moan about other people's responses

dinagam
February 25th, 2018, 20:10
Sometimes I like listening to moans of the right pitch and timbre.

goji
February 25th, 2018, 22:28
To be fair Goji, you have contributed precisely nothing to the thread - either in the form of "taking the mick" or donating "sensible advice".

All you have done in this thread is moan about other people's responses

So I'm in exactly the same boat as all the other participants in the thread, in terms of not helping the original request.

I don't have an answer for cheaper than Malaysia hotel, other than try Booking.com AND watch the reviews carefully. For joiners, maybe look up one of those lists of "girl friendly hotels", since these will almost certainly be boy friendly too. Or just take the risk.

However, if someone is asking for serious advice, people should respect that and not spam the thread with piss taking. There are plenty of other threads where such activity can take place.

However, since hardly anyone wants to be helpful, the best thing would be to ask the same question one of the other threads. [Two pieces of advice offered here]

bobsaigon2
February 26th, 2018, 01:25
OP appeared to be on a backpacker budget. There was little chance of getting cheap accommodation advice from SGT forum members, with the exception of Christian. The rest of us are long beyond our backpacker days, if indeed we ever had such days.

scottish-guy
February 26th, 2018, 01:32
Yeah we are in our fudgepacker days

Mancs
February 26th, 2018, 02:40
The single rooms in the hostel type places near BBB Inn on Rama IV might be a bit cheaper. I once stayed at Take a Nap. It was ok but the aircon wasn't great. I think the Malaysia might be the best option in that price band.

frequent
February 26th, 2018, 02:42
The single rooms in the hostel type places near BBB Inn on Rama IV might be a bit cheaper. I once stayed at Take a Nap. It was ok but the aircon wasn't great. I think the Malaysia might be the best option in that price band.There are a few of those sort of places around Silom 6 too - very handy for the sort of bars favoured by a447 if you like that sort of thing. Google Maps or the mapping tool on the Agoda site (?) should help

poshglasgow
February 26th, 2018, 05:53
A safe place to put a stranger? :eek:

Jeez what are you "Registered" as ????

But in an effort to be helpful, Dennis Nilsen put them under the floorboards or in the wardrobe, whilst Rose & Fred put 'em under the patio -

A certain fairy princess placed them in the boot of her car so that they could be smuggled into her palatial abode - allegedly.

poshglasgow
February 26th, 2018, 06:03
"Alternatively, you might like https://www.lubd.com/ on Decho Road if their hostel style appeals to you. Bunk in a dorm from B360 or a private room with double bed from B1,200."

Lubd.com or lubed.com?

The latter would be worth a closer look.

frequent
February 27th, 2018, 09:31
This is not difficult to do, not sure why posters can't check well-known sites such as Agoda first. Sheer incompetence I suppose. Here are three that I found within 5 minutes
https://www.agoda.com/sunflower-place/hotel/bangkok-th.html
https://www.agoda.com/the-urban-age-hostel/hotel/bangkok-th.html
https://www.agoda.com/nantra-silom-hotel/hotel/bangkok-th.html

scottish-guy
February 27th, 2018, 15:20
I hope you have space on your wall for those gold stars which Goji and Francois ought to be sending you ?

frequent
February 27th, 2018, 15:31
I hope you have space on your wall for those gold stars which Goji and Francois ought to be sending you ?I'll certainly be adding them to my collection

Jellybean
February 27th, 2018, 17:38
Well, given the extraordinarily helpful answers to our newly Registered member’s OP over the last five pages, I think we may have reached a definitive response and Registered has, hopefully by now, found an answer to his question. Now might therefore be an opportune moment for a small detour, i.e. if françois and goji will kindly allow me.

Having sold my Bangkok apartment, I shall have to look for new lodgings during my next trip to Thailand, which might possibly be as far away as January 2019. As of yet, I cannot decide on whether to hang my hat in Bangkok or Pattaya. By way of background information, I have never spent more than four days in Pattaya and am more of a big city person.

But looking at the three options posted by my fine dining companion, frequent, at post #42, I was reasonably impressed by the low price and good location of the Nantra Silom Hotel and the Sunflower Place Hotel, although I have ruled out the dormitory style accommodation offered by the Urban Age Hostel as being entirely unsuitable for a man of my age. And there is always the old favourite of many members, which has not been mentioned recently, I speak of the Tarntawan Place Hotel and the Tarntawan Place Apartments.

It got me thinking about the pros and cons of living long-term, say 3 months, in a hotel rather than an apartment. Has anyone any experience of or knows of anyone who lives or has lived in a hotel long term in Thailand and can provide some useful information on this subject?

On the pro side, there is the prospect of a cooked or prepared daily breakfast. Daily changing of towels and, presumably, weekly changing of bed linen. But on the con side, there would be no cooking facilities and, although I have no personal experience of being detained at Her Majesty’s pleasure, a small double bedroom, I am guessing, would more than likely quickly assume the ambience of a prison cell after no more than a few weeks and I might end up going stir-crazy.

Last year, while thinking ahead to the day I shall have to rent accommodation in Thailand, I had a look around a friend of a friend’s lodgings at Jomtein. I am afraid to say that I thought it was rather on the small side and I found it quite depressing, despite it having a very good sea view. I did however look around another Jomtein apartment that had recently been renovated and was about to come on the market. It had two bedrooms; a very well fitted out kitchen and was comfortably furnished. But it came at a cost. I believe it was priced at 37,000 Baht a month, which is more than I would really like to spend on renting accommodation. I was thinking of somewhere in the region of 25,000 – 30,000 Baht a month, but I wonder if this is a realistic objective on my part. Any thoughts?

dinagam
February 27th, 2018, 17:56
Perhaps you might want to look at the offerings by Airbnb. Apartments etc for rent by the day, week, and month. The rates are competitive and almost fully furnished with basic kitchen and washing machine/drier.

scottish-guy
February 27th, 2018, 23:23
Has the OP considered a tent?

frequent
February 28th, 2018, 04:01
Has the OP considered a tent?Maybe doesn't plan on camping it up?

joe552
February 28th, 2018, 04:23
Jellybean, I don't have experience of long term in Pattaya. My holidays only run to 2 or 3 weeks. But I much prefer the privacy an apartment offers. I stayed at Yensabai Condo in January, and at Mosaik for a few trips, and could easily imagine myself living there for a couple of months. I have no idea what their prices are for long term. I presume cheaper than I would pay as a tourist. I hope you don't think I'm trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs, just offering my opinion, for what it's worth.

Asia Traveler
February 28th, 2018, 06:13
Regarding Jellybean post I also would be very interested in the responses as I also prefer hotels to apartments for the same reason you have stated.

Jellybean
February 28th, 2018, 08:51
Perhaps you might want to look at the offerings by Airbnb. Apartments etc for rent by the day, week, and month. The rates are competitive and almost fully furnished with basic kitchen and washing machine/drier.

Thank you for your advice in the above post, dinagam. I had a quick search on airbnb and saw a couple of possibilities within my price range in the area I am currently living in. Later today, when I have more time, I shall conduct a more detailed search.

Jellybean, I don't have experience of long term in Pattaya. My holidays only run to 2 or 3 weeks. But I much prefer the privacy an apartment offers. I stayed at Yensabai Condo in January, and at Mosaik for a few trips, and could easily imagine myself living there for a couple of months. I have no idea what their prices are for long term. I presume cheaper than I would pay as a tourist. I hope you don't think I'm trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs, just offering my opinion, for what it's worth.

And thank you too for your advice joe552. And don’t worry, I would never think you were teaching a granny to suck eggs. I asked for advice and yours is as good as any.

I shall be in Pattaya next month, for 4 days, and I’ll pop into Mosaik and Yensabai and ascertain what sort of rates they would charge for a 3 month stay.

gerefan2
February 28th, 2018, 16:43
Jellybean
I stay in Yensabai condo for periods of up fo 4 months. If you need a room in January you need to book early, like now!
My rent is 700 per day but I have been staying for about 14 years.
If you are going to see then under NO circumstances use the office in the Condo.
The only HONEST room provider is Pattaya Rent ARoom. Their office is farang run and based directly opposite the building.

francois
February 28th, 2018, 22:20
Jellybean, you could also try Center Condo which is centrally located.

Jellybean
March 1st, 2018, 09:13
Jellybean
I stay in Yensabai condo for periods of up fo 4 months. If you need a room in January you need to book early, like now!
My rent is 700 per day but I have been staying for about 14 years.
If you are going to see then under NO circumstances use the office in the Condo.
The only HONEST room provider is Pattaya Rent ARoom. Their office is farang run and based directly opposite the building.

Thank you for your advice gerefan2. But crikey! From what you say, it looks like the condos at Yensabai are selling (renting) like hot cakes! And rent of 21,700 Baht for a 31 day month sounds very reasonable and is entirely within my budget.

I shall be in Pattaya in a couple of weeks and will add Pattaya-Rent-A-Room to my list. If you have been staying at Yensabai Condo for up to 4 months, over the last 14 years, then it must be doing something right for you.

My biggest concern having looked at Jomtein last year, was the question of transport into Pattaya, especially at night. gerefan2, may I ask, what is your experience of late night transport to and from Jomtein?

Jellybean, you could also try Center Condo which is centrally located.

And thank you françois for your recommendation. Center Condo is high on my list of possibilities, due to its central location and the large number of friendly fa-ràng faces I have seen when visiting that particular condo.

And before I sign off, I would advise joe552 that I looked at the Mosaik website yesterday and entered an approximate three month period from mid-January 2019 to mid-April 2019, but I received a pop-up message saying the maximum number of days is 30 days. So I re-entered a 30 day period from mid-January 2019 and I received a message saying they were fully booked.

I have this vague memory of past information from members who regularly stay at Mosaik advising potential customers not to trust the website and to contact Mosaik direct, although I may be recalling incorrectly. As I am in Pattaya in a few weeks, I shall visit Mosaik and ask them directly if they rent out for a 3 month period and if they have any vacancies during the period I am interested in.

And thank you for all the very helpful advice provided by my fellow members. It's given me plenty of food for thought.

Patanawet
March 1st, 2018, 11:39
Last night, with the bars closed at midnight and no taxis or tuktuks available, I walked from Silom to Malaysia Hotel where I was able to have a couple of beers while waiting for the taxis to reappear.

gerefan2
March 1st, 2018, 12:04
Jellybean
No problem getting a songtoew to or from Jomtien in the evenings. You’ll need to walk to the bottom of Soi 17 (the VC hotel) about 5 minutes from Yensabai.
If it’s high season and “rush hour” many will be full but,sooner or later, one will come along with space in it.
Have you looked at the Pattaya Rent a Room website? The prices there are negotiable for longer periods.

http://pattayarentaroom.com/en/

francois
March 1st, 2018, 12:11
Jellybean, there are always motorbike taxis available.

gerefan2
March 1st, 2018, 12:18
error......

christianpfc
March 1st, 2018, 16:30
I once (2012?) stayed in Sunflower Place and there was a note at reception, or even at the entrance door "no joiners / guests / prostitutes / sex tourists" or something to that effect.

Jellybean
March 1st, 2018, 17:21
Jellybean
No problem getting a songtoew to or from Jomtien in the evenings. You’ll need to walk to the bottom of Soi 17 (the VC hotel) about 5 minutes from Yensabai.
If it’s high season and “rush hour” many will be full but,sooner or later, one will come along with space in it.
Have you looked at the Pattaya Rent a Room website? The prices there are negotiable for longer periods.

http://pattayarentaroom.com/en/

Thank you for your further information gerefan2. Yes, I did look at their website. There’s quite a choice and the rooms look very similar to the one I visited last year. The problem is, I have been spoiled by my former, spacious two bedroom Bangkok condo and the three bedroom house I had in Hua Hin. But I need to be realistic about what sort of properties I can afford to rent on my limited budget.

And I need to have a look at the rooms in person. I therefore intend visiting the offices of the company you recommended when I visit Pattaya in a few weeks time and ask them to show me the sort of properties which fall within my budget.

Jellybean, there are always motorbike taxis available.

Aye! You are, of course, right françois. I had momentarily forgotten about the ever present availability of motorcycle taxis.

I once (2012?) stayed in Sunflower Place and there was a note at reception, or even at the entrance door "no joiners / guests / prostitutes / sex tourists" or something to that effect.

Crikey ChristianPFC! I thought there was only one hotel in Bangkok with that sort of policy, I speak of The Atlanta at 78 Soi 2 Sukumvit Road, which states their policy as:

“Zero tolerance & sleaze free zone, no sex tourists, junkies, louts and other degenerates”.

But despite their policy, I still managed to sneak under their radar and have dinner there one evening with a straight fa-ràng friend, his girlfriend and his mother. I vaguely remember posting a report of my experience on Sawatdee the next day.

scottish-guy
March 1st, 2018, 18:19
“Zero tolerance & sleaze free zone, no sex tourists, junkies, louts and other degenerates”.

Does the over-zealous Mod known as Arsenal have a controlling interest that hotel?

christianpfc
March 3rd, 2018, 20:55
More places near Malaysia but cheaper:

A regular is in Bangkok for short stays and stays in hotels, those I went to visit him were
P.S. Guest House in Saphan Khu and
(and there is Charlie Guesthouse in the same soi and I stayed once in 2012, but they charge for joiners)
The Boss in Soi Suwan Sawat (which my friend said he booked online cheaper than the walk-in rate).

The Blooms would be cheaper than Malaysia as well. They have hotel and long time accommodation, totalling hundreds of rooms.

Registered
March 4th, 2018, 03:17
More places near Malaysia but cheaper:

A regular is in Bangkok for short stays and stays in hotels, those I went to visit him were
P.S. Guest House in Saphan Khu and
(and there is Charlie Guesthouse in the same soi and I stayed once in 2012, but they charge for joiners)
The Boss in Soi Suwan Sawat (which my friend said he booked online cheaper than the walk-in rate).

The Blooms would be cheaper than Malaysia as well. They have hotel and long time accommodation, totalling hundreds of rooms.

Thank you Christian, great information.

I find Charlie house decent, my son hated it because he thought someone was trying to get into our room (they were just drunk). Not surprised they charge for joiners, the night guy gets woken up if one comes in after midnight, which is inconvenient,

PS is disgusting, at least it was the last time I stayed there close to twenty years ago. Very strong ac was the big attraction. A Canadian guest almost refused to enter, but he was horny and I was handsome.

Boss has awful reviews but very good prices online.

As for others suggestion, of course I checked Agoda which is my favorite website. Hard to know what a place is like without seeing it, and joiner information in particular is hard to come by. But , Christian, as hoped for, you really came through.

frequent
March 4th, 2018, 05:34
I had forgotten about The Blooms but I gather it’s not advisable to take the cat with you - no room to swing it

Asia Traveler
March 4th, 2018, 06:57
Just an update on Baan Saladaeng. I went by to have a look on Thursday and they no longer have many of the rooms available. They said they returned them to the landlord. Web site not updated yet. The Rooms I saw were large, clean, and basic in nature. Stairs are steep and odd in spacing but that may just be normal for Thai apartments buildings. Staff spoke good English and was very polite and interested in getting new customers. I did not ask about joiners. Good location and seems like a quiet Soi.

frequent
March 4th, 2018, 07:27
Unfortunately steep stairs and steps without handrails are generally all too common

kittyboy
March 5th, 2018, 06:12
On my last trip to BKK I hooked up with different guys who were staying at the Chaydon Sathorn now the Embassy Sathorn. It seemed like a nice enough place and very conveniently on Sathorn Road.
The website has rooms listed as 800-1000 baht a night but online booking sites like priceline have the hotel listed in USD at 19 USD a night.

I have not stayed there..other than short time with grindr tricks and I was wondering if anyone had stayed there? If so comments?

christianpfc
March 5th, 2018, 20:24
PS is disgusting, at least it was the last time I stayed there close to twenty years ago. Very strong ac was the big attraction. A Canadian guest almost refused to enter, but he was horny and I was handsome.
I visited the boy twice in different rooms in P.S. and found no fault in both rooms.

The moonhouse restaurant (diagonally opposite Ibis Sathorn) has / used to have (?) rooms upstairs, very basic.

Registered
March 7th, 2018, 13:55
I visited the boy twice in different rooms in P.S. and found no fault in both rooms.

The moonhouse restaurant (diagonally opposite Ibis Sathorn) has / used to have (?) rooms upstairs, very basic.

Thanks for the additional names.

Chandon would be ideal, but their cheaper rooms have no windows. I could easily live with that, but if a full pack of cigarettes had been smoked in the last week , I would not be able to breath, and would have paid for the room and had to go elsewhere.

Issue with some of the other names is that they either are not available online, or do not accept checkins
After 23:00.

So choice at this point in Malaysia , or boss with its bad reviews, or take a hostel but likely not stay. I snore so
If would be cruel to other guests.

One final option, seeking christians advice : is there any activity around 1 am or 2 am on a Monday around. Sanamrom? Which particular soi has the best prospects? I could always stay at a short time room, either solo or with whatever comes my way.

christianpfc
March 10th, 2018, 11:52
Recent visits to the gay prostitution scene around Saranrom park:
the number of boys has shrunken over the years and it has all moved to the canal (Klong Lot); with about 10 boys there is no need to spread it out around the palace and Saranrom park.
It looked promising, you should try your luck.

Years ago, when there was more trade, I went to Ruen Rom Hotel many times.
It has renovated and changed names to S Hotel and is here:
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@13.7513596,100.4988342,20.79z
(walking distance from where the boys are, but most were not happy about walking those 500 m, or 1 km if far).

scottish-guy
March 10th, 2018, 14:22
Christian - this outdoor cruising you are inviting people to try their luck with - I seem to remember you got robbed at knife-point (or something similar), no?