PDA

View Full Version : An Open Apology...

catawampuscat
July 22nd, 2006, 11:04
Last month, this poster posted a story about an overheard conversation at Jomtien..It concerned a break in at a house
of a regular poster on this forum.. I cannot find the post and tried to find it by backtracking my own postings but it didn't
work, maybe due to the proxy, so I cannot amend or delete my words..

I can apologize openly to the poster (I hope I didn't name him) for repeating a story that I heard second hand even thou
I probably said I overheard it myself.. I made assumptions as to the honesty of his bf and of course I had no information
but was being catty and nasty and am ashamed of myself for sinking to that level just to make a juicier posting..

I did receive a pm from the poster and he was rightfully ticked off and told me off.. I was wrong and hope I didn't cause any
trouble for the farang and his bf as I was being a smart aleck and the post was mean spirited and untruthful..

I know this is not the right forum to post this type of thing but maybe it is, as I can be holier than thou at times and pride myself
on being honest and aboveboard but this time I wasn't and a little public humilation seems appropriate..

Smiles
July 22nd, 2006, 12:02
" ... I cannot find the post and tried to find it by backtracking my own postings but it didn't
work, maybe due to the proxy, so I cannot amend or delete my words ...."

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... ght=#81164 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81164&highlight=#81164)

July 22nd, 2006, 20:21
especially when we haven't a clue what you are talking about.

July 22nd, 2006, 20:36
... to "never apologise, never explain". Besides some of my most enjoyable experiences have come from overhearing other peoples' conversations

piston10
July 23rd, 2006, 03:47
And why not, pray? A cheap little saying that is a recipe for moral, emotional and intellectual constipation. Added constriction for the narrow-gutted. A merely self-preserving strategy. Catawampuscat is no doubt more at ease with himself for having apologised; and all honour to him.

July 23rd, 2006, 13:01
I was familiar with the robbery in question and your posting. I could tell you had not checked your sources because you stated that the bf slept through it all. I knew that the bf was not even there that evening. I was also aware of other errors. However, nobody bats a thousand, and a man who owns up to a screw up gets my respect, especially when it is expressed more vociferously than the error. I cannot tell you how the victim of your post will respond to your mea culpa, but knowing him as an intelligent and understanding friend, I am sure he will come to accept it.