PDA

View Full Version : Thai Tourist Visa.

July 22nd, 2006, 11:02
I have visited Pennang three times for Thai Tourist visa's and found it very user friendly. I will be off to Cambodia in about a month to go to Siem Reap and wonder if anyone has advice on getting a tourist visa for Thailand from Phnom Penh. I know there is a consulate or embassy there but I cannot find it when 'googling'. Any problems, pitfalls?

July 22nd, 2006, 11:32
They are a very NOTORIOUS embassy. They only want to deal with Thais in Cambodia and Cambodians. BAD CHOICE.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... nh+embassy (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=d54403779c320b7d73bb14443618511d&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=Phnom+Penh+embassy)

July 22nd, 2006, 13:35
Thank you Thaiquila. I really wish I didn't have to go to Penang again, I was trying to avoid the trip but hey ho!

July 22nd, 2006, 14:37
If you only need a single entry, the embassy in Kuala Lumpur is OK to deal with. Tourist visa very easy but there is a long wait for service because lots of Malaysians need visas. Much more gay life in KL than Penang.

Gaypattayan
July 23rd, 2006, 15:29
I have heard from several sources that Penang consulate is no longer kind to foreigners seeking more than the simplest tourist visa. No multiple entry visas any more, I am told, even when using the services of the guys who previously seemed to have no problem getting almost anything they asked if you hired them to handle your request. Reportedly a new head of the section has taken over who is opposed to multiple entry visas. I don't know this positively, but have it on good authority from a couple of different correspondents. I am told they will still give tourist visas, but multiple entry visas are apparently out, now.

G.P.

July 23rd, 2006, 20:58
On Thaivisa the word was the usual guy went on vacation, and it is now back to normal (multis given). No guarantees, but a single entry should still be easy and that can be extended an extra month in Thailand to make it three months.