PDA

View Full Version : The Pattaya mail

aot871
February 12th, 2018, 18:46
I see the local rag has one again failed in it job of giving local news about farang , I have just read the on line copy of the pattaya mail dated the 12/ feb , and no mention of the australian guy being killed in a fight in the Ruby bar ( no idea where that is in pattaya), Just picked the news up from western media, australian and uk. Maybe the editor does want to upset the powers that be .

bkkguy
February 12th, 2018, 19:29
it didn't make it into the Bangkok Post or The Nation print or web sites this morning either - perhaps the local press is more interested in the recipe for poached leopard's tails soup rather than falung beating each other to death in the brothel by the sea

bkkguy

aot871
February 12th, 2018, 20:22
it didn't make it into the Bangkok Post or The Nation print or web sites this morning either - perhaps the local press is more interested in the recipe for poached leopard's tails soup rather than falung beating each other to death in the brothel by the sea

bkkguy

This event happened on friday evening on soi 5 , Bangkok post just reported it on their on line copy at 1851 monday , really slow in getting any news out

dab69
February 13th, 2018, 00:04
https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1411230/american-charged-with-manslaughter-in-pattaya

scottish-guy
February 13th, 2018, 00:52
Throwing it open -

If Pattaya is a "brothel by the sea" what is BKK?

cdnmatt
February 13th, 2018, 01:29
This event happened on friday evening on soi 5 , Bangkok post just reported it on their on line copy at 1851 monday , really slow in getting any news out

Because nobody in Thailand gives a shit about some farang who got killed while mishandling women / men in the world's largest red light district, more than likely while also being a drunken idiot.

People in Thailand know what happens in Pattaya. They really don't care.

frequent
February 13th, 2018, 06:36
Because nobody in Thailand ..."Nobody"? Really?

francois
February 13th, 2018, 16:41
Apparently matt does not read Thai Visa Forum which has shown great interest in this story from the day it was publicized.

bkkguy
February 13th, 2018, 18:40
If Pattaya is a "brothel by the sea" what is BKK?

Victoria's secret?

Apparently matt does not read Thai Visa Forum which has shown great interest in this story from the day it was publicized.

matt does have his blind spots when it comes to choice of media

bkkguy

FarangRuMak
February 15th, 2018, 01:49
I don't think the Thais care what goes into foreign language papers here.
I often see editorials and letters fulminating about this and that in the 2 big Bangkok papers and I'm convinced that the Thais couldn't care less what's in English print especially if it involves farangs v farangs.

FarangRuMak
February 15th, 2018, 01:52

Yes, Thai Visa Forum is all you need if you want to read what's up in Thailand.

scottish-guy
February 15th, 2018, 15:42
I doubt, for example if ThaiVisa can advise on the size of boy 27 from Cupidol's appendage

francois
February 15th, 2018, 16:07
Is that reported in the Pattaya Mail?

a447
February 15th, 2018, 16:57
More likely reported by a Pattaya male.