PDA

View Full Version : Pre-paid debit / credit VISA cards in Thailand?

cdnmatt
February 11th, 2018, 23:44
Do these even exist in Thailand? I have a $250 USD bill that I desperately need paid, and can't get it paid. I have a drawer full of cash, but no way to turn that into an online payment. Leo has a Laos bank account, but no bank card associated with it.

Asked my parents twice, and nope. Asked my farang neighbor, and nope. Sent Leo to Western Union to pay the bill, and nope -- can't send money to a company name for some reason, and only a personal name.

It's imperative I get this bill paid asap. Does anyone have info on prepaid credit / debit cards in Thailand? Are they even available?

frequent
February 12th, 2018, 04:52
Do these even exist in Thailand? I have a $250 USD bill that I desperately need paid, and can't get it paid. I have a drawer full of cash, but no way to turn that into an online payment. Leo has a Laos bank account, but no bank card associated with it.And they don't take Bitcoin? How sad! Have you thought of asking them for their bank details so you can wire the payment?

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2018, 12:50
And they don't take Bitcoin? How sad! Have you thought of asking them for their bank details so you can wire the payment?

Actually, they do take bitcoin which is one main reason I'm with them. My server is currently suspended though, so I'm locked out of my bitcoin at the moment, as my "wallet" is on my server.

Send a wire transfer how? Neither Leo or myself have a Thai bank account, nor are we capable of getting one. I can't because I'm illegal, and Leo can't because he doesn't have a work permid (we've tried, multiple banks).

I've been trying for like 4 days to get this fucken bill paid with no success.

Does anyone here by chance have both, a PayPal and Thai bank account? Make a PayPal payment for me, and we'll have the money in your Thai bank account within the hour. I have lots of cash, but just no way to send a payment online at the moment. If you can help, please send me a PM, as it'd help more than you think.

My only other avenue at the moment is sending Leo back to Laos, and have him send a wire transfer from his Laos bank account. We\re finally getting along good again though, and are strong again, so I'd very much prefer he doesn't leave right now.

Andaman!
February 12th, 2018, 13:07
Why not pay the bill using your Canadian bank account?

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2018, 15:00
Why not pay the bill using your Canadian bank account?

Because when I called to get my debit card reissued I ended up with a branky bitch on the phone, who said she can't verify me over the phone. She then proceeded to freeze my account, and tell me I need to visit the nearest branch in person in order to have my account unfrozen. That would be fine, except the Pacific fucken Ocean happens to be in the way.

scottish-guy
February 12th, 2018, 16:01
Oh that's the kind of script-reading customer service I get too - except he usually has a Bangladeshi accent, tells me his name is Ryan, and thanks me for calling "the most excellent customer service yes please"

Davey612
February 12th, 2018, 22:27
??? I haven't been to this forum for awhile. But isn't Leo a Thai national? Doesn't he have Thai friends/family who can help?

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2018, 22:41
??? I haven't been to this forum for awhile. But isn't Leo a Thai national? Doesn't he have Thai friends/family who can help?

No, he's a Laos citizen, hence why he can't open a bank account -- all the banks require him to have a work permit before opening an account for him. Nobody is his family has anything such as a PayPal account, and I'm not even willing to ask my own mother to put in her credit card details, so definitely not asking Leo's family.

I'm trying my nephews tonight, and hopefully one of them can help. Otherwise, Leo does have a bank account in Laos, so he may just have to go back tomorrow morning to send a wire transfer for me. He doesn't have a debit card for that account though, which was at my instruction. I don't want him to have a card for that account, because then he'll just spend the money.

I don't want him to go back to Laos right now though. After his little stunt, we're finally getting on really good again. I'd prefer we stay together, and keep pushing forward and being strong together.

frequent
February 13th, 2018, 06:40
Actually, they do take bitcoin which is one main reason I'm with them. My server is currently suspended though, so I'm locked out of my bitcoin at the moment, as my "wallet" is on my server.

Send a wire transfer how? Neither Leo or myself have a Thai bank account, nor are we capable of getting one. I can't because I'm illegal, and Leo can't because he doesn't have a work permid (we've tried, multiple banks).

I've been trying for like 4 days to get this fucken bill paid with no success.

Does anyone here by chance have both, a PayPal and Thai bank account? Make a PayPal payment for me, and we'll have the money in your Thai bank account within the hour. I have lots of cash, but just no way to send a payment online at the moment. If you can help, please send me a PM, as it'd help more than you think.

My only other avenue at the moment is sending Leo back to Laos, and have him send a wire transfer from his Laos bank account. We\re finally getting along good again though, and are strong again, so I'd very much prefer he doesn't leave right now.

You'll appreciate my inability to stop laughing

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 09:31
Mr Giggles is unable to stop laughing. Good. Well done Matt. He needs a chuckle.

frequent
February 13th, 2018, 09:37
Mr Giggles is unable to stop laughing. Good. Well done Matt. He needs a chuckle.It doesn’t match the laughter every time I remember your total ignorance of Thailand in banning me for a month - you and your OCD chum

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 10:13
Laughter is the best medicine. You could open a pharmacy.

frequent
February 13th, 2018, 10:29
Laughter is the best medicine. You could open a pharmacy.Fuck other people. I'm in rude health thanks to you

joe552
February 13th, 2018, 10:47
Am I right in thinking Bitcoin has been hugely devalued in recent times? For someone who works internationally, Matt's payment options seem terribly limited.

frequent
February 13th, 2018, 10:51
Am I right in thinking Bitcoin has been hugely devalued in recent times? For someone who works internationally, Matt's payment options seem terribly limited.Joe you may recall Matt posting a pic of himself a couple of months ago - in response to one of your posts maybe? A recent pic of Matt has recently appeared elsewhere and I thought I should post it here:

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 13:14
You sold your rights to criticise Matt Joe. Your recent attempts to join the let's bully Matt train don't fool me.

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 13:17
Frequent wrote.
"I'm in rude health thanks to you"

All part of the service. Let the laughter continue unabated.

frequent
February 13th, 2018, 14:14
You sold your rights to criticise Matt Joe. Your recent attempts to join the let's bully Matt train don't fool me.How odd. In my experience you're easy to fool

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 14:30
:cool:

joe552
February 13th, 2018, 15:16
What a shame, arsenal. Your opinion of me means so much.

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 15:35
It was Matt who leapt in to defend you and I moved it to the far away holding room and the mods you hate so much allowed Matt to put Gerefan2 in his place so follow whichever road you choose to.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19444-Joe%E2%80%99s-sob-story

joe552
February 13th, 2018, 15:47
I hadn't seen that thread until just now. Thanks to Matt for his kind words.

gerefan2
February 13th, 2018, 15:49
Oh this is going to be good ....go for it Joe! I had a full page apology from the mods over their handling of that issue, so I don’t agree that I was put in my place at all.

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 16:52
No you didn't. An explanation is not an apology. Hence your still smarting over that and other matters such as the incorrect information you have over Cafe Royal.

gerefan2
February 13th, 2018, 17:30
What’s the matter with you Arsenal? First you try and wind up Joe, then you try and get him have a go at me. Good for him keeping quiet.

Only last week I had to put you back in your box,in my thread about Emirates, when you attacked SG.about his posting history. In post number 3 no less.

Just do your monitoring...and do it in Private.

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 18:29
Read it again (Emirates) Gerefan2. I was supporting you. I am issue based, not member based although many members are extremely base.

MiniMee
February 13th, 2018, 18:41
I have a $250 USD bill that I desperately need paid, and can't get it paid. I have a drawer full of cash, but no way to turn that into an online payment.

Why don’t you just walk into the KK branch of your creditor’s bank and pay the cash into his/her account?

cdnmatt
February 13th, 2018, 18:49
Why don’t you just walk into the KK branch of your creditor’s bank and pay the cash into his/her account?

Because the company's bank account is in Uruguay, not Thailand.

They wiped the server last night, so doesn't matter any more anyway.

MiniMee
February 13th, 2018, 18:56
Hey ho.

scottish-guy
February 13th, 2018, 19:16
What’s the matter with you Arsenal? ..... you attacked SG.about his posting history...

The "attack" was like getting fucked with a 2 inch cock - I hardly noticed, and felt nothing

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 19:23
You've been fucked with a 2 inch cock? Tell us more.

dinagam
February 13th, 2018, 19:47
For all we know, the assault weapon could have been an erect clitoris! Hah!

frequent
February 14th, 2018, 02:36
Why don’t you just walk into the KK branch of your creditor’s bank and pay the cash into his/her account?The Russian mafia don't bank with any entity that has a branch in KK

frequent
February 14th, 2018, 02:38
The "attack" was like getting fucked with a 2 inch cock - I hardly noticed, and felt nothingI remember seeing a Honkie once with a cock which, when erect, was no larger than an acorn, who claimed to be a top. I almost hit my head on the urinal craning my neck to see that he actually had a cock at all

mr giggles
February 15th, 2018, 17:28
" After his little stunt..."

It's not nice to call Leo a Cupid Stunt !

Jellybean
February 15th, 2018, 18:05
" After his little stunt..."

It's not nice to call Leo a Cupid Stunt !

Crikey mr giggles, I cannot remember the last time a brand new member opened with such a hilariously funny and apt one-liner. I can see we are all in for a roller coaster of belly laughs from you in future posts. I for one cannot wait.

And our two resident comedians from Glasgow, Flanagan & Allen, better think on, look sharp and up their game. Looks like they face some rather stiff competition from mr giggles.

:D

scottish-guy
February 16th, 2018, 02:49
http://youtu.be/fc1iipvzr4s

poshglasgow
March 9th, 2018, 04:35
Crikey mr giggles, I cannot remember the last time a brand new member opened with such a hilariously funny and apt one-liner. I can see we are all in for a roller coaster of belly laughs from you in future posts. I for one cannot wait.

And our two resident comedians from Glasgow, Flanagan & Allen, better think on, look sharp and up their game. Looks like they face some rather stiff competition from mr giggles.

:D

Flanagan and Allen???

Why not not Francie and Josie (who lived up a closie)? Why not the Krankies (eh, we know why not!)? Why not Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon? Burke and Hare? Brown and Blair? Any I've missed?