PDA

View Full Version : Need a good restaurant for V-Day

DrewSpz
February 11th, 2018, 12:40
Hey gents,

At the risk of being torn to shreds, can I ask for a few suggestions on romantic Valentine's dinner restaurant recommendations in pattaya.

Either Thai or Western.. just no Indian!!!

Hehehe

Thanks guys.

francois
February 11th, 2018, 13:27
Casa Pascal
French Garden
Le Bordeaux
Cafe Des Amis
Au Bon Coin

cdnmatt
February 11th, 2018, 15:13
McDonalds.

francois
February 11th, 2018, 17:38
There is also Chez Matt; good place to bring a blind date.

scottish-guy
February 11th, 2018, 17:41
I don't know about you Francois, I tend not to date blind people.

But I can see how it might be an advantage.

:p

bkkguy
February 11th, 2018, 18:51
There is also Chez Matt; good place to bring a blind date.

would taking a blind date to Matt's be like coals to Newcastle or more like the blind leading the blind?

bkkguy

sglad
February 11th, 2018, 19:50
Casa Pascal
French Garden
Le Bordeaux
Cafe Des Amis
Au Bon Coin

What?! No mention of your favourite meatloaf place? As a loyal fan I thought it would've been at the top of your list!

cdnmatt
February 11th, 2018, 21:22
Seriously? Poking fun at my disability? Stay classy, guys.

No wonder most of you are old, alone, and sit in go-go bars every night wondering who to rent for love that night.

I remember back when I could see, watching folks like you at the checkout lines in grocery stores. Your mama noodles, some yougurt, apples, and that was about it. Good life that must be, stay strong.

scottish-guy
February 11th, 2018, 21:40
....I remember back when I could see, watching folks like you at the checkout lines in grocery stores. Your mama noodles, some yougurt, apples, and that was about it.

You've missed out Fixadent, Preparation H, and adult diapers!

bobsaigon2
February 11th, 2018, 22:39
Haven't seen mention of Preparation H since I was a child. It used to be a fairly common advert in those days, but no longer appears in the US media, though there must still be some people who ask for it at the pharmacies. I provide this quote from the Google page, apparently in answer to older people who hoped to use it to tighten aging skin:

"While Preparation H is great for its intended use, as a hemorrhoid cream, it isn't good for the under-eye area! Preparation H is made with phenylephrine, which is a vasoconstrictor and only temporarily tightens skin. This can be irritating and will not provide the long tern results you are probably looking for."

francois
February 11th, 2018, 23:01
What?! No mention of your favourite meatloaf place? As a loyal fan I thought it would've been at the top of your list!

can I ask for a few suggestions on romantic Valentine's dinner restaurant recommendations in pattaya.

sglad, the OP asked for romantic places to dine and meatloaf is not romantic. However the places I listed are quite romantic with possible exception of Chez Matt.

DrewSpz
February 11th, 2018, 23:44
Haha that’s great guys, we’ll the one person who actually responded. I found some stuff online already, just wanted a heads up from the experts.

Cheers. That’s great

frequent
February 12th, 2018, 04:49
... rent for love ...How quaint. I rent for pleasure, fun

poshglasgow
February 12th, 2018, 06:14
McDonalds.

SG will have heard this one, but for those of you who may be thinking of taking a trip to Scotland one day, to marvel at its countless attractions: its handsome natives, meandering burns of Irn Bru, its purple-clad hill tops, its renowned tolerance towards those of other faiths, its healthy fat-free range of culinary delights and its most secure bar the Bar Linnie, working out which Scotsmen belong to which clan can be a little daunting, so always remember this tip: If he's got a quarter-pounder under his kilt he's a...McDonald!!

And on the question of food....Can you imagine Ian, the former owner of the Cafe Royale, being met by the arrival of guests Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmon(d).
"FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

scottish-guy
February 12th, 2018, 14:40
I think had Salmon(d) and Sturgeon arrived unannounced at LCR, Ian would have fallen off his perch

:p

francois
February 12th, 2018, 15:37
Haha that’s great guys, we’ll the one person who actually responded. I found some stuff online already, just wanted a heads up from the experts.

Cheers. That’s great

That's the way this forum operates, Drew, ask an intelligent question and receive stupid answers.

scottish-guy
February 12th, 2018, 15:57
Good to have it confirmed by a Senior Member that the threshold of intelligence (asking other people where to go to eat) is set so low :D

Even 50% of the board management could clear that particular hurdle

arsenal
February 12th, 2018, 16:26
L'Olivier in Jomtien is also very good. It has a romantic vibe. You'd probably be best to book for V day as it's likely to get busy with the OAPs parading their 'boyfriends' about.

Ivory
February 12th, 2018, 17:45
Natan's restaurant near Jomtien complex is also quite romantic. Yupin as well but outside tables only.

DrewSpz
February 13th, 2018, 00:06
Going to try for Casa Pascual. I’ll call later for reservations (just landed). Menu looks good to my simple taste.

Hope the seating isn’t such where we’re crammed in and within inches of the next tables. Hahaha

christianpfc
February 13th, 2018, 08:11
I brunched in Casa Pascal several times, and the seating and ambience is nice. Food is good as well.

(Some places - Sizzler, Oishi Eaterium - feel like being in a railway station - noise and constant stream of people passing to/from buffet - Casa Pascal is quiet even when full.)

arsenal
February 13th, 2018, 08:50
Or, for Thai food in a romantic setting the restaurant right at the far end of Bang Saray is hard to beat. It's called Restaurant on the Sea. Dining under the stars by sensual ambient lighting.

DrewSpz
February 19th, 2018, 14:11
Is that the one with the red and blue lights on the table? And you walk past all the pool
Tables and Thai boxing rings to get to?

scottish-guy
February 19th, 2018, 16:03
I merely point out that the thread is about where to eat on Valentine's day.

That particular day was 5 days ago, so.........

FarangRuMak
February 19th, 2018, 17:40
Haven't seen mention of Preparation H since I was a child. It used to be a fairly common advert in those days, but no longer appears in the US media, though there must still be some people who ask for it at the pharmacies. I provide this quote from the Google page, apparently in answer to older people who hoped to use it to tighten aging skin:
"While Preparation H is great for its intended use, as a hemorrhoid cream, it isn't good for the under-eye area! Preparation H is made with phenylephrine, which is a vasoconstrictor and only
temporarily tightens skin. This can be irritating and will not provide the long tern results you are probably looking for."
Would that stuff also temporarily thighten a certain muscle?
I dealt with a string of XLarge sausages lately.