View Full Version : Jupiter 2018 Bar on Soi 4

werner
February 10th, 2018, 14:42
This forum has had some recent discussions -- and much hype-- about the new Jupiter 2018 bar. During a trip to Bangkok last month, I visited Jupiter three times and would like to make a few comments.

I went on both weekdays and weekends. The bar seems to be doing well: by 10:30 it was packed with customers. About 85 percent the customers were Asian, although there were a few farang, including a several heterosexual couples, who might have wandered in by mistake after their dinners on the Soi.

On the nights I went, about 30 guys were strutting on the cat walk. Most seemed to have great bodies, although it was difficult to tell because some were dressed in shirts and jeans [or shorts]. The bar also had some cute, twinky waiters, who supposedly were available from about 11:30 pm or whenever their shifts had ended .

I talked with a manager a bit and discussed several guys. Some of the most handsome guys were NOT Thai; they were from Cambodia, Myanmar, or Vietnam. [Are they allowed to work legally in such bars??]

The show featured a gorgeous light-skinned Black [or mixed race] dancer who spoke English with an American accent and who probably had training in classical ballet. He did a risque dance and comedy routine to the delight of several female customers who tipped him with 100 baht garlands. Several women or transgender customers had reserved seats upfront and invited guys to join them for a drink -- and some gropes. I saw several of these ladies off guys; several Asian men also offed guys.

I found some of the guys to be very handsome, especially the guys from SE Asia.

I foolishly offed one and went back to my hotel with him. [I]This was a terrible mistake. The manager had suggested a tip of 2,000 for two hours. However, after about 30 minutes of massage and play, the guy demanded a quick finish or at least 5,000 baht to continue for several hours. He became aggressive and belligerent. This was the only time in many trips to Thailand where I felt in physical danger, and almost called the hotel security to get rid of him.

But to avoid a scene and a lot of trouble, I gave him a 1,000 tip and asked him to leave, which he did....

I complained to the manager about the guy the next night I went to Jupiter. The manager just smiled and told me that he could recommend a nice Thai guy to me.

Bottom line and recommendation: Do take a look at Jupiter 2018, but be careful in regard to offing the guys.

What has been the experience of other forum members with offing the guys at Jupiter? Perhaps I just had bad luck with a guy who was in a bad mood.....

P.S.: [Am I allowed to indicate the number and nationality of the guy that caused all the trouble? He is certainly good looking and has an almost perfect, athletic body. }

Jasper
February 10th, 2018, 16:34
I am curious. In fact so curious that I had to register the forum to post. Is he #43?

Blacktouch
February 10th, 2018, 20:06
I am curious. In fact so curious that I had to register the forum to post. Is he #43?

Werner, did you not agree on terms and the price (Tip) before you left with the boy himself?

Making these arrangements avoids any such problems after in my book.

christianpfc
February 10th, 2018, 21:37
What has been the experience of other forum members with offing the guys at Jupiter? Perhaps I just had bad luck with a guy who was in a bad mood.....
Jupiter has never appealed to me (fully dressed boys alone is a reason not to go), so my number of visits is very low (in 9 years of coming to Thailand, 2 visits in the old location and 1 in the new?), and I have never offed someone from there. However, reports about attitude and poor performance are legion. If I remember correctly, firecat69 on gaythailand reported years ago he had offed 5 boys (separately) and none of them was any good.

FarangRuMak
February 10th, 2018, 23:48
If I were paid to enter a so called "gay" bar that has women customers I would not go in.
Wandered in after dining in the local restaurants my arse; these women, bored in their marriage, know exactly where to go after dinner or know were to sneak back to when hubby is asleep- bars such as this.
Gays will lose everytime with the straight boys if there are women in the bar.
The owners are in business but I will vote with my cash ie they can have their females but they will never get a satang from me.

scottish-guy
February 11th, 2018, 00:52
I agree - I don't see the attraction in offing str8 boys at all - I could see the attraction and feeling of accomplishment if you successfully seduced one, but let's face it you're just buying him for a short or long time so.... meh

frequent
February 11th, 2018, 03:22
If I were paid to enter a so called "gay" bar that has women customers I would not go in.It's a matter of attitude - there's nothing that states that boy bars must be for men only, nor that girl bars are also for men only. Straight women have always attended the larger boy bars, and lesbians go to the girl bars. There was a fashion some years ago when Boys Bangkok was across the street from where it is now for Japanese girls to go and choose a boy to take them dancing - real dancing not horizontal jogging. Perhaps that still happens. My guess is that FarangRuMak is just embarassed about his sexual preference

Brad the Impala
February 11th, 2018, 04:32
If I were paid to enter a so called "gay" bar that has women customers I would not go in.

That sounds an unlikely eventuality so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Jellybean
February 11th, 2018, 12:33
Blimey werner! What a dreadful experience. I suppose, looking on the positive side, you were lucky to get away unscathed. And the manager's reaction wasn't exactly best practice out of the "Dealing with Customer's Complaints" manual. I recall being involved in a broadly similar experience up in Chiang Mai many years ago. The sudden fear of being at risk of attack, when you paid good money for exactly the opposite is quite terrifying.

I have not yet been to Jupiter 2018 in its new location in Silom, Soi 4, but have been thinking of paying it a visit after reading previous reports. But although I have not visited the new location, I did visit the old location several times. I am not really sure how many times I off’d a boy from the old Jupiter Bar. I can think of only one occasion. Once we left the bar, the boy did seem to have a very unpleasant attitude. There was no rapport or friendliness between the boy and myself in the taxi, despite me trying to make some small talk and attempting, but failing to cosy up to him. It must have been over 10 years ago, because we were heading back to the Pinnacle Hotel on Soi Ngam Duphli, in Sathorn, not my condo.

As we were passing Lumpinee Park on Rama IV Road, the atmosphere got so bad that I almost asked the taxi driver to stop and order the boy to get out. Instead, I asked him directly if he was ok and was he sure that he wanted to go to the hotel with me. In reply, he said he was ok and he confirmed he still wanted to go to my hotel.

Back in the room, while the boy was in the shower, I thought, let’s just get this over with quickly and put the night down to a, thankfully, rare bad experience. However, once we were both in bed, things rapidly changed. The boy was very responsive and behaved just like any other pleasant money boy I had taken back to my hotel. Thankfully, we both had the sought after happy ending. He really surprised me and I ended up enjoying that part of our encounter. But I felt a great sense of relief as he left, it could have ended badly. He was one guy I certainly did not wish to have a repeat performance with.

No doubt around that time, or in subsequent years, I read of others bad experiences at the old Jupiter and, after my own experience; I never again off’d a boy from that bar.

Presumably, the boys stand in the bar night after night to earn the large amount of cash that comes with going with a punter, rather than the few hundred Baht they earn from the bar. So why then do the Jupiter Bar boys have such a bad attitude and why fail to perform, as in werner’s case, once at the customer’s room? It’s hardly a recipe for success in the oldest profession, is it?

neddy3
February 11th, 2018, 12:36
The bars are boy bars, not gay bars.

Gays might be the target market, but all are allowed.

neddy3
February 11th, 2018, 12:42
In response to the op:

There is a theory that maintains: If you want a good experience, don't take the best looking boys.

Jupiter 2018 is full of good looking boys.
Nice for a drink and to admire, but I would shop elsewhere.

werner
February 11th, 2018, 13:56
Thanks to all members for your interesting comments.

Jasper: No, the guy I had trouble with was NOT #43, but I think I remember #43--a handsome, muscular guy [no tattoos], from Myanmar--Correct?

Blacktough: I foolishly did NOT agree on the tip before I offed the guy, and that was definitely a big mistake. I foolishly relied on the manager's guidelines of 2,000 baht for two hours.

Some members seem to have problems with bars that welcome heterosexual women who off guys. I have NO problems with such.

My experiences could have been much worse--I just lost 1,000 baht. Will I go to Jupiter in the future? Probably, but i will be very careful whom I off from there, and I will try to reach a agreement about the tip before leaving.

Jupiter does have some good eye candy.

Blacktouch
February 11th, 2018, 15:55
Blacktough: I foolishly did NOT agree on the tip before I offed the guy, and that was definitely a big mistake. I foolishly relied on the manager's guidelines of 2,000 baht for two hours.

Werner, we all make mistakes, and learn from our mistakes and advice from fellow members.

As a rule, while arranging to take a legal boy back to my accommodation, I ask him the following questions to avoid any unpleasant business:

1. Do you kiss?
2. Do you suck?
3. Are you top, vers or bottom?
4. How much tip?
5. Short time ok (1 hour)
6. No hard on, no business?

I too have had problems in the past where the boy wanted more reward/tip because nothing was agreed beforehand.

Now I make it a standard rule to ask those simple questions first.

9 times out of 10, the boys in question still end up coming back with me!

scottish-guy
February 11th, 2018, 16:04
It's a good job the boys don't ask the punters many questions, isn't it?

:D

Blacktouch
February 11th, 2018, 16:21
It's a good job the boys don't ask the punters many questions, isn't it?

They are more than welcome to ask me as many questions they like. I am more than happy to answer them. In fact I like them asking me questions. Have nothing to hide.

sglad
February 11th, 2018, 20:05
As a rule, while arranging to take a legal boy back to my accommodation, I ask him the following questions to avoid any unpleasant business:

1. Do you kiss?
2. Do you suck?
4. How much tip?

What do you mean by no. 6? It all sounds so mechanical to me but I understand that it's a commercial transaction and everything needs to be spelled out.

sglad
February 11th, 2018, 20:20
Presumably, the boys stand in the bar night after night to earn the large amount of cash that comes with going with a punter, rather than the few hundred Baht they earn from the bar. So why then do the Jupiter Bar boys have such a bad attitude and why fail to perform, as in werner’s case, once at the customer’s room? It’s hardly a recipe for success in the oldest profession, is it?

From my very limited understanding of these things, some of the best-looking guys would already have been kept by a sugar daddy or mummy and working in the bars is only a side income. And different customers have different expectations; some I think are quite contented to just worship a hot muscular dude with little or no reciprocation. The guys may also perform differently with different customers depending on gender; level of attraction, perceived wealth and stupidity, etc. And because they are hot and and the turnover of customers is very high, they don't really care about repeat offs or building a reputation; there's always a new customer the next day or more likely, the next hour. I can't remember the term for it in economics but it has something to do with providing a unique commodity with a fixed supply and an unlimited demand. It's a seller's market.

dinagam
February 11th, 2018, 20:32
What about having a hard on by using a clip-on? Especially when the night has been a long one, and the lighting so mesmerizing?

Blacktouch
February 11th, 2018, 23:44
What do you mean by no. 6? It all sounds so mechanical to me but I understand that it's a commercial transaction and everything needs to be spelled out.

Sglad, my apologies, I should have explained what I meant by number 6.

Hard on, as in able to get a full penis erection.

Blacktouch
February 11th, 2018, 23:51
What about having a hard on by using a clip-on? Especially when the night has been a long one, and the lighting so mesmerizing?

I guess whatever rocks your boat?

gerefan2
February 12th, 2018, 02:21
1. Do you kiss?
2. Do you suck?
4. How much tip?

I would add 7. Do you have ID? Please let me see.

The reasons being:
1. To ascertain he does actually have ID available as it may be required at the Hotel.
2. To check it really is ID. I have been shown all sorts of crap even including a gym membership card.
3. If necessary to check age.

Blacktouch
February 12th, 2018, 04:30

The reasons being:
1. To ascertain he does actually have ID available as it may be required at the Hotel.
2. To check it really is ID. I have been shown all sorts of crap even including a gym membership card.
3. If necessary to check age.

gerefan2, you are absolutely right. In fact that is the most important question, as if he is under age, then big trouble could be ahead. Good point.

scottish-guy
February 12th, 2018, 14:47
Easy Peasy: Just off your playmates from Boyz Boyz Boyz - in many cases you won't have to worry about under 40 never mind underage and if you're lucky their ID card may be the OAP discount one which gets you 10% off at 7-11.

(The phone lines to 7-11's all over Thailand will be red-hot today with SGT members asking for details of their discount card - I apologise to the staff in advance )

bkkguy
February 12th, 2018, 19:22

could we add the "Please let me see" to the hard on in point 6 as well please

The reasons being:
1. To ascertain he does actually have a hard on available as it may be required for my enjoyment at the Hotel.
2. To check it really is a hard on. I have been shown all sorts of crap even including a plastic straw.
3. If necessary to check appendage rigidity.

bkkguy

Blacktouch
February 12th, 2018, 20:40
Maybe we should list questions the boys should be asking us?

scottish-guy
February 12th, 2018, 21:21
"How many real teeth do you have?"

Blacktouch
February 12th, 2018, 21:32
"How many real teeth do you have?"

I like it. Good question

frequent
February 13th, 2018, 06:46
Not sure why posters are bothering to get excited about this particular bar. It has always been famous as a "sticky rice" bar - Asians go there to pick up Asian guys, and the guys who work there expect to have a largely Asian clientele. If they want Caucasian customers they would work elsewhere

scottish-guy
February 13th, 2018, 14:02
I don't understand it either - when the original Jupiter 2000 was next to and owned by the Suriwongse Hotel group I stuck my head in a couple of times as I was staying in the hotel, and even then it was clear it was not aimed at Westerners - in fact I seem to remember there were hardly even any seats and consequently any visits were very short ones as this old queen likes to sit on her arse and be waited upon.

MiniMee
February 13th, 2018, 18:55
Jupiter2002 was undoubtedly one of the most successful gogo bars in Bangkok and played to a packed house of more than 100 punters most nights for more than 15 years. And yet Scotty stuck his head around the door frame once or twice a decade or so ago and feels qualified to make disparaging comments.

scottish-guy
February 13th, 2018, 19:19
Expressing an opinion (disparaging or otherwise) is what paying your money entitles you to do - it wasn't my kind of place, I didn't say it was unsuccessful - I was just not part of the demographic it was aimed at. On more than one occassion I had a drink and left

dinagam
February 13th, 2018, 19:40
It's a terrible shame really for the oversight in not providing a suitable drawing room for the Queen and her ladies-in-waiting to ogle the delectable guys on the stage. Speaking of loss of patronage, alas.

FarangRuMak
February 14th, 2018, 02:07
It's a matter of attitude - there's nothing that states that boy bars must be for men only, nor that girl bars are also for men only. Straight women have always attended the larger boy bars, and lesbians go to the girl bars. There was a fashion some years ago when Boys Bangkok was across the street from where it is now for Japanese girls to go and choose a boy to take them dancing - real dancing not horizontal jogging. Perhaps that still happens. My guess is that FarangRuMak is just embarassed about his sexual preference
So even when your guess is about me, your guess is superior to mine?
To any logical mind my motives in this regard are very clear ie women in a bar which has straight boys are bad for my prospects in terms of offing such straight boys because they will always choose the woman before a man if all other factors be equal.
I don't mind women taking off boys; there are many boy bars in Bangkok which allow only women customers inside and I'm told that these bars get the pick of the crop when it comes to handsomeness.
Thai Visa reports the closure by police of a 'women only' bar in Pattaya last week.
Why don't you book a flight to Thailand sometime and experience all this non-differentially and for yourself?

scottish-guy
February 14th, 2018, 02:13
This queen did not find the boys delectable in any way - not my type at all - but good luck to those who do like them

frequent
February 14th, 2018, 02:31
So even when your guess is about me, your guess is superior to mine?As the rest of your post amply demonstrates, the answer must be yes

frequent
February 14th, 2018, 02:34
Jupiter2002 was undoubtedly one of the most successful gogo bars in Bangkok and played to a packed house of more than 100 punters most nights for more than 15 years. And yet Scotty stuck his head around the door frame once or twice a decade or so ago and feels qualified to make disparaging comments.How were they disparaging? He merely agreed with me - the bar has always had a reputation as a "sticky rice" bar

werner
February 14th, 2018, 16:59
Not sure why posters are bothering to get excited about this particular bar. It has always been famous as a "sticky rice" bar - Asians go there to pick up Asian guys, and the guys who work there expect to have a largely Asian clientele. If they want Caucasian customers they would work elsewhere

I wonder if Jupiter is or ever has been a "sticky rice" bar. Yes, most of the customers have been and are Asian.

But Asians do not go there to pick up Asian guys, they like the farangs, go there to see and possibly off the guys.

I have never seen Asian customers picking up other Asian customers.

Moreover, I do not think that the money boys care much about whether the customer is Asian or non-Asian. The guys care about the tip and the behavior of the customer.

werner
February 14th, 2018, 17:04
Jupiter2002 was undoubtedly one of the most successful gogo bars in Bangkok and played to a packed house of more than 100 punters most nights for more than 15 years. And yet Scotty stuck his head around the door frame once or twice a decade or so ago and feels qualified to make disparaging comments.

Yes, and they have often had some very handsome guys.

But if people want to made disparaging remarks about the bar, that should be fine. I recently had an unpleasant experience with a boy from the bar, but would certainly go again on my next trip to Bangkok.....

arsenal
February 14th, 2018, 17:37
"Expressing an opinion (disparaging or otherwise) is what paying your money entitles you to do."

Disparaging is what we do best here although no one has paid any money but still feel entitled.

Smiles
February 14th, 2018, 19:46
" ... The guys care about the tip and the behavior of the customer ... "
Bingo! Exactly correct Werner, and I might also venture to say that "behaviour" slightly trumps "the tip" ... (although I would probably agree that 'the tip' is somewhat more important to the older guys who've been around The Scene for some years and are jaded, and roll their eyes at just one more smelly sixty-four year old farang wearing a tank top.)

scottish-guy
February 14th, 2018, 23:16
....Disparaging is what we do best here although no one has paid any money but still feel entitled...

YOU should be paying US

scottish-guy
February 14th, 2018, 23:22
Bingo! Exactly correct Werner, and I might also venture to say that "behaviour" slightly trumps "the tip" ... (although I would probably agree that 'the tip' is somewhat more important to the older guys who've been around The Scene for some years and are jaded, and roll their eyes at just one more smelly sixty-four year old farang wearing a tank top.)

Jaded and haggard old prostitutes who have gone to the dogs could always cash in their chips and embark on a new career path suited to their "talents".

Moderating a gay forum for example.

arsenal
February 15th, 2018, 00:53
"YOU should be paying US"

For the sheer quality and interest value of your posts I cannot disagree with that. Every one is special and needs to be read with wonder.

scottish-guy
February 15th, 2018, 04:59
Glad we agree on something - I just regret not having copyrighted them

:drink:

Brad the Impala
February 15th, 2018, 05:25
Glad we agree on something - I just regret not having copyrighted them

Unfortunately originality is usually considered a requirement in obtaining a copyright. Your posts may struggle to achieve this basic threshold.

frequent
February 15th, 2018, 07:41
Unfortunately originality is usually considered a requirement in obtaining a copyright. Your posts may struggle to achieve this basic threshold.Not quite - "The threshold of originality is a concept in copyright law that is used to assess whether a particular work can be copyrighted. It is used to distinguish works that are sufficiently original to warrant copyright protection from those that are not. In this context, "originality" refers to "coming from someone as the originator/author" (insofar as it somehow reflects the author's personality), rather than "never having occurred or existed before" (which would amount to the protection of something new, as in patent protection) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshold_of_originality)"

arsenal
February 15th, 2018, 10:41
We do agree. Absolutely. Perhaps we could put your posts on a premium pay-as-you-read subscription channel.

frequent
February 15th, 2018, 11:07
We do agree. Absolutely. Perhaps we could put your posts on a premium pay-as-you-read subscription channel.Is this the "royal 'we'"? Delusions of adequacy still, I see

arsenal
February 15th, 2018, 12:47
Good one frequent.

scottish-guy
February 15th, 2018, 15:35
To save Francois the bother, I should like to point out that at least the last half dozen posts are all off-topic

Chuai-Duai
February 15th, 2018, 17:50
My only experience of Jupiter was rather odd. It was some years ago as I don’t visit Bangkok anymore. I had met up for a meal with a guy called “Min” who I’d known from a previous trip and kept in touch with. He told me he now worked at Jupiter and said we could visit the Bar after our meal. We arrived and the doorman was quite happy to let me in but Min didn’t have his ID Card with him and even though he worked there and the doorman knew him they wouldn’t let him in. We decided it wasn’t worth the trip to get his ID so we gave up.

Weddedbliss
March 5th, 2018, 23:45
I haven’t been to the new bar as not been in Thailand for the last three years for a number of frustrating reasons. I was never that keen on the old bar, my first experience was the worst I’d had also with a boy changing the t&c agreed at the bar beforehand and the only time I threw a boy out of my room but I put that down to the boy not the bar. I only went a second time to meet a Hong Kong friend and life changed forever that night 13 years ago, met my hubby there, married 8 months later in UK and still going strong. It’s never been a favourite bar of mine but for old time sake We always pop in for a drink there as we both still enjoy the bars and I even enjoy the show once every 6 months or so.

Brad the Impala
March 6th, 2018, 03:06
I I only went a second time to meet a Hong Kong friend and life changed forever that night 13 years ago, met my hubby there, married 8 months later in UK and still going strong.

Congratulations and welcome. Always happy to read of successful partnerships, and that's an impressive timescale from meeting to marrying, especially given the difficulties many people have with UK immigration.

werner
March 9th, 2018, 14:16
Has anyone had good experiences offing the guys from Jupiter 2018?

Some of the models on the catwalk are hot and handsome...

Some of the waiters are very cute, although supposedly they cannot be offed until about 11:00 or later, depending how busy the bar is....

frequent
March 9th, 2018, 14:34
Has anyone had good experiences offing the guys from Jupiter 2018? Some of the models on the catwalk are hot and handsome... Some of the waiters are very cute, although supposedly they cannot be offed until about 11:00 or later, depending how busy the bar is....If you read all of the posts in this thread you will readily find the answer to your question - it is a resounding NO

justaguy
March 12th, 2018, 13:57
If you read all of the posts in this thread you will readily find the answer to your question - it is a resounding NO

I had a visit from one of them after 2am the last time around, but no money changed hands.... He did wanted money the second time, so I tossed him out of my room...

kjun12
July 28th, 2018, 09:01
I agree - I don't see the attraction in offing str8 boys at all - I could see the attraction and feeling of accomplishment if you successfully seduced one, but let's face it you're just buying him for a short or long time so.... meh

I have never though much of you but this comment tops your usually doltish statements. Very few, probably less than 1%, of these bar boys are gay

Smiles
July 28th, 2018, 09:14
"... I have never though(t) much ... "
Wowser, you're still sticking to that rule after so many years of "not thinking" on Sawatdee.
Your spelling is still a bit off, but it's good for a laugh.

But do carry on ... :crazy_mini:

arsenal
July 28th, 2018, 09:43
Scottish Guy wrote.
"I don't see the attraction in offing str8 boys at all"

This one is not personal so I'll say to everyone. Try it and see. Just great fun from start to finish.

scottish-guy
July 28th, 2018, 15:43
... probably less than 1%, of these bar boys are gay

That's a lower % than the general gay population - how strange in a job based on sexual encounters with guys.

Baffles belief in fact, but I'm sure you'll share your evidence with us, won't you - or is "probably" your get-out clause?

paborn
July 28th, 2018, 18:28
I don't understand it either - when the original Jupiter 2000 was next to and owned by the Suriwongse Hotel group I stuck my head in a couple of times as I was staying in the hotel, and even then it was clear it was not aimed at Westerners - in fact I seem to remember there were hardly even any seats and consequently any visits were very short ones as this old queen likes to sit on her arse and be waited upon.

I see we have more in common than Malbec. I stayed, often, at the Suriwongse and went to the Jupiter 2000 - Glitzy, uncomfortable and more beauty pagent than working boy bar. I go to Toy Boys in Pattaya, settle in to the curved area at the end by the bar, rest my tirede ass and get waited on. I sit there comfortable with a lad or two drapped over me. I trust the manager to translate the requirements and keep me happy. If I ever go to Jupiter again it will be sight seeing not shopping.

Jellybean
July 29th, 2018, 23:33
Some of the posts in this topic have been moved to the Sawatdee Gay World forum under the title, Kinsey Scale Test.

A quick link is below:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20141-Kinsey-Scale-Test