PDA

View Full Version : First time to Cambodia Looking for crazy fun

hito
February 6th, 2018, 09:19
Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I have been exploring the best places to vacation in Asia and I have decided on Cambodia. I've racked up enough miles for a free trip and I have done a ton of research into what place in Asia would best suit my vacation plans. Cambodia seems to be where it's at.

I have a highly stressful job here in Japan. The work culture here is insane, and there is little to take the edge of. Tabacco is no fun for me, and drinking, while occasionally OK still doesn't always suffice. Not only that, but gay culture here is more reserved and not as wild as I am used to, as an America working here for 7 years now. I like my life here, but it is quite stressful and I want to unwind. So I am planning a three week Vacation to Cambodia.

I usually get my sex binges and partying out of the way when I go back to the US, but this year that is not possible. I have a few questions for those of you who have had experience in Cambodia having a fun time. (like super wild stay up all night bender type fun)

1. I have been told that Sihanoukville is great for Partying and Playing around. I was also told you can easily meet local guy at clubs who can procure fun stuff for you. Has anyone ever gone there and experienced something like this?

2. What is the best hookup app to use there?

3. Are there any places to avoid? I don't plan on leaving my hotel too much due to my planned activities, or if I go to another person's hotel. I have read to just stay on more central routes and not make a scene in public.

4. Any other recommendations? I want to go to the absolute best place I can to party my ass off.

I may sounds like a bit of a spazz (plus my thinly veiled attempts to mask what I want... sorry no shame here, working in Japan can suck the soul out of you) but I just need to unwind and have a crazy fun time, of course with all the sex I can muster.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Feel free to PM me/email me if there is something you don't feel OK posting in public.

frequent
February 6th, 2018, 11:07
I'm sure you'll find lots of members here willing to provide a complete newbie with information about where to obtain illegal drugs in Sihanoukville

hito
February 6th, 2018, 11:24
That's all I'm asking.

Well, maybe not all.

bobsaigon2
February 6th, 2018, 12:26
Hito, your hopes of having a "crazy fun time" seem to be more in keeping with a planned trip to Thailand. Based on available Cambodia trip reports on this forum, Cambodia does not appear to be the right place for the kind of holiday you have in mind, though your research indicates otherwise. I wish you success and hope you'll provide us with a report of your experiences.

a447
February 6th, 2018, 18:41
... and hope you'll provide us with a report of your experiences.

That's assuming they have internet connections in Cambodian prisons.

Hito- abunai yo!

arsenal
February 6th, 2018, 21:28
Thailand should be the last place on anyone's list if you're going to imbibe anything not purchasable in Big C.

scottish-guy
February 7th, 2018, 00:37
...I may sounds like a bit of a spazz....

Hot on the heels of somebody saying "Coon" the other day we now have this.

At this rate it'll be "mongols", "wogs" and "nig-nogs" next.

It's like the moderators are channeling Bernard Manning.

I'm outraged and disgusted, and the miscreants ought to receive a gazillion infartion points each

:p

goji
February 7th, 2018, 01:22
Are you sure you want to spend 3 weeks, only in Sihanoukville ? I spent 6 days there & was ready to move onto Pattaya once that was done.
For that length of trip, you can visit 3~4 places, without feeling like you are constantly traveling. e.g. Bangkok, Siem Reap, Pattaya

I imagine the tuk tuk mafia can quickly procure whatever you need & if they don't, some of the scruffy tourist backpackers can probably advise you where to go. I've not tried anything, but have had offers.

Dating apps, well none were great when I was there a few years ago. You could test them by downloading a fake GPS app onto your phone & setting your location to there.

frequent
February 7th, 2018, 03:04
I don't plan on leaving my hotel too much due to my planned activities, or if I go to another person's hotel.
Are you sure you want to spend 3 weeks, only in Sihanoukville ? I spent 6 days there & was ready to move onto Pattaya once that was done.
For that length of trip, you can visit 3~4 places, without feeling like you are constantly traveling. e.g. Bangkok, Siem Reap, PattayaApparently all he wants is to sit in his hotel room, take drugs and fuck guys

frequent
February 7th, 2018, 03:08
Hot on the heels of somebody saying "Coon" the other day we now have this. You must remember scotty that he's already admitted to being an American, so English is not his first language

hito
February 7th, 2018, 05:41
Thanks for the information everyone.

I didn't know that the word spazz had any kind of negative conotation. Sorry about that.

I don't believe I even mention specific travel plans, since I haven't even bought the ticket yet. I'll be finalizing thing more toward May. This vacation is long overdue.

Thanks again.

A447 心配しないでね

arsenal
February 7th, 2018, 09:38
The Garden Village Guesthouse, Siem Reap is a great place to stay. Lots of young backpackers having fun and a really cool atmosphere and vibe. Lovely meals from $2.00 including a beer. A wonderful place to frequent unless you've got a scarab beetle permanently stuck up your arse.

frequent
February 7th, 2018, 09:50
The Garden Village Guesthouse, Siem Reap is a great place to stay. Lots of young backpackers having fun and a really cool atmosphere and vibe. Lovely meals from $2.00 including a beer.Now there's a novel thought - go to Siem Reap and deliberately choose to spend time with the white trash of Asia (backpackers)

arsenal
February 7th, 2018, 10:16
The title of the thread includes the word 'fun' so.....How's the scarab, still itching?

frequent
February 7th, 2018, 10:17
The title of the thread includes the word 'fun' so.....How's the scarab, still itching?It's written by an American so could mean anything

hito
February 7th, 2018, 12:24
The Garden Village Guesthouse, Siem Reap is a great place to stay. Lots of young backpackers having fun and a really cool atmosphere and vibe. Lovely meals from $2.00 including a beer. A wonderful place to frequent unless you've got a scarab beetle permanently stuck up your arse.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a nice place. I'm sure backpackers have many stories to share.

Hm, maybe I can get both a Thai and Cambodia Visa and go to both places.

goji
February 8th, 2018, 02:25
Hm, maybe I can get both a Thai and Cambodia Visa and go to both places.

Depends what passport you have. Many of us don't need visas for Thailand and the Cambodia e-visa can be obtained on line within 24 hours (although one should allow longer, just in case).

frequent
February 8th, 2018, 03:17
as an America working here for 7 years now
Depends what passport you have ...

hito
February 8th, 2018, 06:44
Depends what passport you have. Many of us don't need visas for Thailand and the Cambodia e-visa can be obtained on line within 24 hours (although one should allow longer, just in case).

Thank you. I am going to start finalizing plans in May, so I think I will apply for my visa a few weeks before I go. I found so great places to party at and some cool guys already.

Blacktouch
February 8th, 2018, 17:23
Hot on the heels of somebody saying "Coon" the other day we now have this.

At this rate it'll be "mongols", "wogs" and "nig-nogs" next.

It's like the moderators are channeling Bernard Manning.

I'm outraged and disgusted, and the miscreants ought to receive a gazillion infartion points each

:p

Can we not use those words on this site please.

Thank you

colmx
February 9th, 2018, 04:26
The average Cambodian guy doesn't have a smart phone, you will find them using some old Nokia from 15 years ago... so don't expect to find them on any gay apps
Of course some do have smart phones, but they will either be ex MoneyBoys after arriving back home from Thailand, Current MBs, "kept" boys or guys from rich families...

As for the partying, I like PP and can tolerate SR, but have a loathing for the FWCs (Fat White Cows, haven't seen that phrase used in a while!) that tend to hang around the gay bars, scrounging drinks, or not even drinking at all, whilst looking down their noses on GWMs and their Cambodian company.

Similarly I have a loathing for dreadlocked backpackers and people wearing fishermans pants!

I think you will be disappointed to learn that Cambodia is definitely not the gay Mecca that you seem to think it is!
Spend 3 days each in SR and PP and spend the rest in Thailand if you are looking to get laid and party!

scottish-guy
February 9th, 2018, 04:40
Colmx could well be right:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42996775

arsenal
February 9th, 2018, 08:16
The word Mongols is absolutely fine provided it's being used to describe the terrifying hordes who terrorised the hordes in the 13th century. The other words have no place here in any circumstances. Even to make a point. The very use of those words, in any context whatsoever will be hurtful for many people and that is not what we are about here.

frequent
February 9th, 2018, 08:25
... the terrifying hordes who terrorised the hordes ...Apposite

CambodiaVisitor
February 11th, 2018, 11:48
I just got back from Siem Reap. I found that the only app you need is Grindr. The others don't bother with. Everyone uses Grindr. I got so many hits on that app....about 40-50 per day. Best of luck. Dont give the money boys $50. they ask for that because their mother is in the hospital, etc. offer them $20 or $25 max USD. I did that and had lots of fun.

extronaut
April 22nd, 2018, 22:18
and people wearing fishermans pants!

But they're soooo comfortable!

I don't know why anyone bothers with jeans in that climate.

Their only drawback is the lack of pockets. But I keep all my wallet and phone in a money belt under my shirt. Safer from pickpockets that way.