PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation Tukcom/Sunnee area

karius
February 4th, 2018, 17:38
I will be in Pattaya for one week in April, and instead of staying in Boystown/Jomtien area like I normally do, I thought I might try the Tukcom/Sunnee area this time. Any advice about accommodation in this area? If I dont find anything worth looking into, I might end up going for Jomtien or Boystown like I always do.

a447
February 4th, 2018, 17:50
I like to be in the centre of the action so I've stayed at the Elephant Plaza Hotel in Sunee a few times.

It's a bit basic - certainly not the Hilton! - but the rooms are large, as are the shower areas. They are cleaned every day.

joe552
February 4th, 2018, 17:58
Only a few minutes walk from Sunee, I've stayed at Mosaik Apartments, and last month at Yensabai Condo. Both I would recommend.

poshglasgow
February 4th, 2018, 19:39
I've stayed in Mosaik a number of times and it's good value and it's clean and tidy. Some of the beds I seem to remember were quite hard and if a visitor rings your door buzzer from the street you have to go the main door down on the street to let him in ( a pain if you've just come out the shower). You cannot release the main front door from your room.

Front office staff are very accommodating. There's a night watchman too. Good restaurants around the area.

goji
February 4th, 2018, 22:50
Mosaik is fine. My room came with a foam topper on the mattress, so it was probably the most comfortable bed I've had in Pattaya. The cleaning regime is strange, as you have to request this & sometimes they still don't show up. When having a different guest every day, having clean towels matters.

Flamingo has been a good budget option, but I've not stayed there for a few years. They were sill open last month, but I have no idea where they market the rooms now.

Holidays Home hotel is directly opposite the Mosaik. I've not tried this.

dab69
February 5th, 2018, 02:31
friend used to wonder why I stayed at LCR when a place around Tukcom had pool and breakfast for less money.
anyone know where he was thinking now that LCR is no more?

karius
February 5th, 2018, 03:06
Mosaik sounds like a nice place. Is there any room type that is better than others? And it doesnt sound like anyone had problems with visitors there.

Blacktouch
February 5th, 2018, 03:32
Mosaik sounds like a nice place. Is there any room type that is better than others? And it doesnt sound like anyone had problems with visitors there.

Try:

mosaikpattaya.net

https://www.agoda.com/en-gb/pages/agoda/default/DestinationSearchResult.aspx?device=m&network=g&adid=217391710690&rand=3502846015525169238&expid=&adpos=1t3&site_id=1410605&tag=5bf14caf-7a7a-82de-b4db-89a9a254c04f&city=8584&poi=&area=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIraai05mN2QIV3oKyCh18xAggEAAYAyAA EgJ74_D_BwE&selectedproperty=294820

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/mosaik-apartment.en-gb.html?aid=318615;label=New_English_EN_GBIE_20480 105185-3NpkgzSGQ0yVDD75x

http://mosaikpattaya.net/home.html

Email: info@mosaikpattaya.net

Email the Reception Manager: Nop

Extremely nice and helpful Gentleman.

Moses
February 5th, 2018, 03:49
Blacktouch please stop to post the same post many times. Here is no technical glitch: every your post went to moderation - all posts with email addresses are going to moderation. Defense against spammers. If you will read message what forum shows to you after clicking button "Reply" - you will know about that.

Blacktouch
February 5th, 2018, 03:56
Blacktouch please stop to post the same post many times. Here is no technical glitch: every your post went to moderation - all posts with email addresses are going to moderation. Defense against spammers. If you will read message what forum shows to you after clicking button "Reply" - you will know about that.

Oops! My apologies

Captain Swing
February 5th, 2018, 04:45
I've stayed at both Yensabai and Mosaik and both are fine. Yensabai has a large and well-kept pool, if that matters to you; Mosaik has none. Both are condo-type accommodations so no breakfast available, but there are many nearby options. I think Mosaik is slightly more expensive and, in my opinion, has slightly nicer rooms on average; the Yensabai condos have various owners so quality varies, but none I saw were really run-down. Both are fine with (legal-age) joiners--no fee; Yensabai checks and (I think) holds IDs. Everybody mentions Mosaik's hard beds, but I didn't find them so. Yensabai actually overlooks Sunee Plaza on one side; Mosaik is a few short blocks away. The office at Mosaik is friendly and easy to deal with. The Yensabai manager(?) is horrible, but the desk clerks are fine, and if you rent through Pattaya Rent a Room(The Austrian Consulate) across the street, they're fine too and you shouldn't have to deal with the Dragon Lady. I'd happily stay in either one again

gerefan2
February 5th, 2018, 06:20
I agree with Capt Swing. I stay at Yensabai.

It does have one disadvantage. No free WiFi. If you need to buy it you can get it from the terrible Dragon Lady downstairs at an outrageous 1000 Baht per 30days. It is also very poor quality in some rooms.

They do keep IDs whilst your guest is in the room.

If you decide on Yensabai The Austrian consulate has gone, so only look for signs for Pattaya Rent a Room when you arrive. It is right outside the condo. There is a new Yensabai room rental outfit in the next Soi,also opposite the Condo. Don’t mix them up!

Doug
February 5th, 2018, 08:40
Gaybuttonthai is reporting that Two Guys guest house is being force to close by Feb. 8.

cdnmatt
February 5th, 2018, 11:44

I always preferred block C. That way, you didn't have to walk past the security guards all embarrassed with your boy special for the night. It was around the corner, so you could just come and go without and prying eyes, except the CCTV I guess.

frequent
February 5th, 2018, 12:09
I always preferred block C. That way, you didn't have to walk past the security guards all embarrassed with your boy special for the night. It was around the corner, so you could just come and go without and prying eyes, except the CCTV I guess.Oh god - you're ashamed of being a faggot!! http://prisonercellblockh.wikia.com/wiki/C_Block

FarangRuMak
February 5th, 2018, 15:21
Gaybuttonthai is reporting that Two Guys guest house is being force to close by Feb. 8.
It's sold by the owner to a buyer who has bought 2guys and the next 2 units.
Will be re-opened as a refurbished hotel/guesthouse I think.

Halfhansum
February 5th, 2018, 18:03
Round the corner from Mosaic, is a small guesthouse called Dolphin , that I stayed at last time ..Nice Balcony room for 750 ...

DrewSpz
February 6th, 2018, 00:41
Is dolphin closer or further to Sunee than Mosaik.
Ps. I always stay at Mosaik and love it

gerefan2
February 6th, 2018, 00:59
It is all of 50 metres closer!
Used to have a superb restaurant...alas restaurant closed some years ago.

Blacktouch
February 6th, 2018, 04:31
I always preferred block C. That way, you didn't have to walk past the security guards all embarrassed with your boy special for the night. It was around the corner, so you could just come and go without and prying eyes, except the CCTV I guess.

Just for your info, in Mosaik, all the entrances, apartment doors, room doors and corridors are all under CCTV surveillance. They know what is going On, but don't care, unless you're in trouble with your guests. So don't worry. Have fun!

frequent
February 6th, 2018, 05:55
It's sold by the owner to a buyer who has bought 2guys and the next 2 units.
Will be re-opened as a refurbished hotel/guesthouse I think.So not "forced to close" then. Sounds similar to the hysteria surrounding the sale of the Tarntawan Hotel in Bangkok

kittyboy
February 6th, 2018, 18:26
Sad news about two guys being forced to close. I have fond memories of spending time there over the years. I was planning on staying there summer of 2018.
I assume the owner john had a long term lease which is voided upon sale of the property? I have no idea how these type of leasing arrangements work in Thailand.
I guess good news for pattaya as investors are still willing to build and put money into projects.

FarangRuMak
February 7th, 2018, 22:35
So not "forced to close" then. Sounds similar to the hysteria surrounding the sale of the Tarntawan Hotel in Bangkok
Yes. Looks to me like it's not a case of "forced to close" but I don't know for sure.
What what I hear the adjoining 2 shop houses have already been sold by the owner to Indian buyers and now they've bought the shop house called '2guys' from the same owner and it happens that the lease on 2Guys expires now as well.
So more a coincidence of circumstances than a forced closure.

goji
February 8th, 2018, 05:10
In this case, forced closure = forced to vacate the current premises, which always leaves the option of leasing something else.

frequent
February 8th, 2018, 07:30
In this case, forced closure = forced to vacate the current premises, which always leaves the option of leasing something else."forced to vacate" because (1) the lease has expired (or otherwise voided eg. vacant possession as a condition of sale, which is probably in the lease), or (2) the rent is in arrears or (3) ???

If (1) or (2) then not forced to vacate

pennyboy
February 8th, 2018, 15:40
Forced to vacate due to the landlord refusing to extend the lease. Simps really.

kittyboy
February 8th, 2018, 19:02
Forced to vacate due to the landlord refusing to extend the lease. Simps really.

Yep - Sounds like two guys was forced to close.

frequent
February 9th, 2018, 03:25
Yep - Sounds like two guys was forced to close.Right - so not forced to close. Their lease expired. Normal commercial practice. What a bunch of drama queens

kittyboy
February 9th, 2018, 04:45
Right - so forced to close. Their lease expired. Normal commercial practice. I am a drama queens

I fixed that for you.
Yep - Two guys forced to close.
Glad you agree.

arsenal
February 9th, 2018, 08:11
Kittyboy. Please don't alter a post from another member and then post it as a quote.

kittyboy
February 9th, 2018, 08:39
Kittyboy. Please don't alter a post from another member and then post it as a quote.

No problem. In the future I will remove the quotes when I correct another poster's mistakes. My apologies to you and the board.

christianpfc
February 10th, 2018, 14:10
Marina Inn is a bargain at 500 THB per night, even now at high season, and use of pool included.

Apart from there, I often stayed at Baan Dok Mai for 700 THB per night in high season or 600 in low season. No staff at reception at night, and street quiet as well, you could bring in a horse/donkey/whatever animal you fancy and nobody would see you.

Halfhansum
February 10th, 2018, 20:24
Christianpfc , When I last stayed at the Baan Dok Mai, I was kept awake all night by a Kari-oke across the road ..Didn't stop until 6 in the Morning . Has it closed down now ?

gerefan2
February 10th, 2018, 20:43
I thought Baan dock mai was sold a long time ago

christianpfc
February 10th, 2018, 21:11
AFAIK, the karaoke still operates. I was never bothered by by noise from there. I mean I didn't hear any noise when I went to bed.

Baan Dok Mai changed ownership, but remains in operation.

Brad the Impala
February 11th, 2018, 04:44
Baan Dok Mai changed ownership, but remains in operation.

Another business sold by Jimmy? Let's hope that his partners remain alive and at liberty.

frequent
February 11th, 2018, 07:32
Another business sold by Jimmy? Let's hope that his partners remain alive and at liberty.Apposite

Captain Swing
February 11th, 2018, 08:34
Correct me if I'm wrong (as if anyone would hesitate to do just that): isn't Jimmy (ex-Ambiance) the current or former owner of Baan SOUY and Baan DOK MAI (near Tukcom), another place altogether, owned by someone named Warwick and then someone named Chris?

neddy3
February 11th, 2018, 12:30
Captain Swing, you're correct.

DrewSpz
February 11th, 2018, 12:36
Marina Inn Sucks... IMHO (though i realize we all have different priorities/ perspectives). But can't beat the location of course, especially if you're into Sunee, which I am. I prefer it a little more low key.

Blacktouch
February 11th, 2018, 16:11
Marina Inn Sucks... IMHO (though i realize we all have different priorities/ perspectives). But can't beat the location of course, especially if you're into Sunee, which I am. I prefer it a little more low key.

My first time to Pattaya, I stayed in Marine Inn Plaza. I found it very uncomfortable. The rooms were very basic.

The pool was not functional at that time.
But the rooms were cheap to rent. You pay for what you get. Now, whenever I'm in Pattaya I stay at Mosaik.

kittyboy
February 13th, 2018, 20:20
My first time to Pattaya, I stayed in Marine Inn Plaza. I found it very uncomfortable. The rooms were very basic.

The pool was not functional at that time.
But the rooms were cheap to rent. You pay for what you get. Now, whenever I'm in Pattaya I stay at Mosaik.

I plan a trip to Pattaya this summer. The exact itinerary is up in the air but I hope to spend at least 2 weeks in Pattaya.
In the past I have stayed at two guys but the option is no longer available.

4 Years ago I stayed at the Marine Inn Plaza. The location is great and if you get a room on the Yensabai side it is reasonably quite. The rooms are ....hmmm..I am trying to be kind... in need of upgrading. Has the Marine Inn Plaza been doing any upgrading? Or are the rooms still the same?

Has anyone stayed at Ting Tong recently? I looked on their website and they list rooms for 800 baht a night. I was wondering if they have low season pricing?
As an aside..I remember when it was the Galapagos guesthouse. The old German (Swiss?) guy who ran the place was generally in a befuddled state and for me it was a good location as it was at the quiet end of sunee.

arsenal
February 14th, 2018, 00:27
Yes, The Galapagos Guesthouse complete with a huge snapping turtle in a glass tank.

Blacktouch
February 14th, 2018, 02:18
I plan a trip to Pattaya this summer. The exact itinerary is up in the air but I hope to spend at least 2 weeks in Pattaya.
In the past I have stayed at two guys but the option is no longer available.

4 Years ago I stayed at the Marine Inn Plaza. The location is great and if you get a room on the Yensabai side it is reasonably quite. The rooms are ....hmmm..I am trying to be kind... in need of upgrading. Has the Marine Inn Plaza been doing any upgrading? Or are the rooms still the same?

Kittyboy, I think you will find Marine Inn Plaza has not been upgraded? The building looks the same. I look up at the windows and they are the same as when I last stayed there. Of course, the pool is the only thing that has been refurbished. Unless anybody can confirm otherwise?

Marine Inn is good if you are on a budget, and don't mind basic accommodation.

I found the rooms that depressing, I could not wait to leave.

kittyboy
February 14th, 2018, 04:24
Kittyboy, I think you will find Marine Inn Plaza has not been upgraded? The building looks the same. I look up at the windows and they are the same as when I last stayed there. Of course, the pool is the only thing that has been refurbished. Unless anybody can confirm otherwise?

Marine Inn is good if you are on a budget, and don't mind basic accommodation.

I found the rooms that depressing, I could not wait to leave.

Thanks..That was my experience. It was sort of depressing. It was good fun walking out of a room and heading down to the pool and lounging about. I was with some friends so it was a festive trip but the accommodations ala the Marine Inn were depressing.

I will not be in Pattaya long enough to warrant renting a room in Yensabai..or am I wrong in assuming that Yensabai is more of a long term accommodation??

I tend to be on the thrifty side..600-800 baht a night for a basic room is all I need.

Captain Swing
February 14th, 2018, 04:56
[Quote:

"I will not be in Pattaya long enough to warrant renting a room in Yensabai..or am I wrong in assuming that Yensabai is more of a long term accommodation?? "

They are probably more geared to long time, but I think they are perfectly willing to rent for a shorter period, if they have vacancies. The Pattaya Rent a Room website says so explicitly, and they post daily rates, which are exactly in your price range. Check it out. P.S. They have a very nice pool.

joe552
February 14th, 2018, 08:42
I used Pattaya Rent a Room for my recent trip - 13 nights at Yensabai for €270. Good value, I thought. Nothing basic about the accommodation.

kittyboy
February 14th, 2018, 09:10
I used Pattaya Rent a Room for my recent trip - 13 nights at Yensabai for €270. Good value, I thought. Nothing basic about the accommodation.

Hey - I had thought about staying at Yensabai. I looked at their website..or some website associated with Yensabai and the daily rental prices was something like 1000 baht a night. My thinking was for 1000 baht a night I could get a decent hotel. Also as I recall, friends who stay there long term pay 10,000-12,000 baht a month which is only 300-400 baht a night. I realize that long term resident pay for electricity etc... but I guess I am suffering from the anchoring of my mind that I know people who pay 300 baht a night for Yensabai..why would I pay 1000 baht a night.

Joe - How did you book your stay at Yensabai?

christianpfc
February 14th, 2018, 09:56
Rooms in Marina Inn during my last stay (two weeks ago) were as I remember them from the stay before (some years ago).

joe552
February 14th, 2018, 10:04
I booked through Pattaya Rent a Room. Their office is just across the street from Yensabai. Rudi is the guy, very helpful.

Blacktouch
February 14th, 2018, 20:36
I will not be in Pattaya long enough to warrant renting a room in Yensabai..or am I wrong in assuming that Yensabai is more of a long term accommodation??

I tend to be on the thrifty side..600-800 baht a night for a basic room is all I need.[/QUOTE]

Have you checked out Mosaik apartments.

Any stay 9 nights or less, you just pay for the room.
No charge for electricity or water. Also room service every day. Clean towel every day.

Blacktouch
February 14th, 2018, 20:40
Hey - I had thought about staying at Yensabai. I looked at their website..or some website associated with Yensabai and the daily rental prices was something like 1000 baht a night. My thinking was for 1000 baht a night I could get a decent hotel. Also as I recall, friends who stay there long term pay 10,000-12,000 baht a month which is only 300-400 baht a night. I realize that long term resident pay for electricity etc... but I guess I am suffering from the anchoring of my mind that I know people who pay 300 baht a night for Yensabai..why would I pay 1000 baht a night.

It seem like long term stay, you pay less. And short term stay, you pay more. It all make sence business wise for the owners

gerefan2
February 14th, 2018, 22:24

I have stayed in Yenasai for 4 months per year for 14 years. The rent has always been 690 per night Including electricity. Through Pattaya′ Rent a Room. They are honest. Some of the others are not.

I cannot envisage anyone paying 300 or 400 per night unless the room is dreadful, and there are extras.

Any yes the longer you stay, and the more often,the cheaper it is.

FarangRuMak
February 15th, 2018, 01:29
Can't beat Elephant Plaza either for it's Sunny location.
A nice spacious room with clear glass window in the shower whereby you can observe your
beau's ablutions whether he likes it or not.
Per single night 900 b.
Weekly per night 800b.

Halfhansum
February 15th, 2018, 18:25
Can you do walk in, without booking at `Pattaya rent a room` ?
Will be there in June, but don't like pre booking , without seeing the place ..

gerefan2
February 15th, 2018, 20:31
In June you probably can as it’s low season. No guarantee tho.
There are pics of the rooms on their website which are accurate.

Dimsumbear
May 15th, 2018, 21:46
Thank you I think this info is exactly what I need to have my first trip to Pattaya in 10 years. Either Mosaik or Elephant, and wish me luck!