PDA

View Full Version : Tell me I'm not crazy...

cdnmatt
January 27th, 2018, 20:21
Tell me I'm not crazy. Here's the "official" story line.

His mother is still unable to walk, so his older sisters decided to take her to some naturalistic medicinal clinic in Bangkok. Leo decides to go to Bangkok to visit the family. At first he was going to sleep at the hospital in the waiting room, but before leaving he let me know his sister has some family with a house in Bangkok he can stay at. Ok, so far, so good.

Then he gets to Bangkok, and finds out his sister';s families' house is too small for him to stay there. Thankfully he has a gay friend who resides in Bangkok, and immediately hooks up with him, and they share a 2000 baht/night hotel together. They're only friends though, so only sleep together, and don't have sex. Remember, this friend lives in Bangkok, so has an apartment or house already, but decides to split a 2000/night hotel with Leo for some reason.

They end up getting drunk out of their minds at DJ Station, which is fine. They're all gay, but somehow magically only managed to make it to the girlie go-go bars, but didn't manage to hit the gay go-go bars. Add on to this, Leo is one of the biggest cheap charlies you'll find, so him spending 1000/night to share a hotel room is somewhat laughable.

And of course, during all this, he didn't have sex with anyone else, and didn't do anything wrong. He's just being a good son and taking care of his sick mother.

Please tell me I'm not crazy for calling him out as a liting piece of shit.

kittyboy
January 27th, 2018, 21:08
Tell me I'm not crazy. Here's the "official" story line.

His mother is still unable to walk, so his older sisters decided to take her to some naturalistic medicinal clinic in Bangkok. Leo decides to go to Bangkok to visit the family. At first he was going to sleep at the hospital in the waiting room, but before leaving he let me know his sister has some family with a house in Bangkok he can stay at. Ok, so far, so good.

Then he gets to Bangkok, and finds out his sister';s families' house is too small for him to stay there. Thankfully he has a gay friend who resides in Bangkok, and immediately hooks up with him, and they share a 2000 baht/night hotel together. They're only friends though, so only sleep together, and don't have sex. Remember, this friend lives in Bangkok, so has an apartment or house already, but decides to split a 2000/night hotel with Leo for some reason.

They end up getting drunk out of their minds at DJ Station, which is fine. They're all gay, but somehow magically only managed to make it to the girlie go-go bars, but didn't manage to hit the gay go-go bars. Add on to this, Leo is one of the biggest cheap charlies you'll find, so him spending 1000/night to share a hotel room is somewhat laughable.

And of course, during all this, he didn't have sex with anyone else, and didn't do anything wrong. He's just being a good son and taking care of his sick mother.

Please tell me I'm not crazy for calling him out as a liting piece of shit.

Oh.Matt you are inviting people to make fun of you. As you describe the situation..He is a lying little shit.
Have fun with your life adventures.

cdnmatt
January 27th, 2018, 21:23
Yeah, I know, this one REALLY sucks. I gave him a pass about two months ago, due to the fact his mother was on her death bed and he was acting quite erractic at the time, and I was quite worried about him. He got a pass from me that time, but this time I just can't do it.

Fuck!

I think he thinks I'm not strong enough to kick him out of my life due to being blind. He guessed wrong.

kittyboy
January 27th, 2018, 21:33
Yeah, I know, this one REALLY sucks. I gave him a pass about two months ago, due to the fact his mother was on her death bed and he was acting quite erractic at the time, and I was quite worried about him. He got a pass from me that time, but this time I just can't do it.

Fuck!

I think he thinks I'm not strong enough to kick him out of my life due to being blind. He guessed wrong.

Oh..Matt.. I watch a British TV soap called Emmerdale. Your life adventures..as you describe them are better than Emmerdale. You are of a gay soap opera.

scottish-guy
January 27th, 2018, 21:44
I don't think the story is particularly bizarre or unusual or worthy of a soap opera (Emmerdale is a pile of horse manure by the way) - all it boils down to is a younger guy going out on the randan with his mates on his older benefactor's money and making up some half-arsed story in a bid to explain the expenditure.

Whether in the course of the evening he screwed some girl from a girlie bar is not that important IMHO - if instead he'd screwed some go-go boy it might have been.

The more important matter is that a pattern of lying is emerging and Matt has to decide whether to accept that (knowing it will only continue and that he will increasingly start to suspect Leo and resent his actions) or whether twice (that Matt knows of) is enough and he tells him to sling his hook.

joe552
January 27th, 2018, 22:14
I think you're spot on SG.

kittyboy
January 27th, 2018, 22:44
I don't think the story is particularly bizarre or unusual or worthy of a soap opera (Emmerdale is a pile of horse manure by the way) - all it boils down to is a younger guy going out on the randan with his mates on his older benefactor's money and making up some half-arsed story in a bid to explain the expenditure.

Whether in the course of the evening he screwed some girl from a girlie bar is not that important IMHO - if instead he'd screwed some go-go boy it might have been.

The more important matter is that a pattern of lying is emerging and Matt has to decide whether to accept that (knowing it will only continue and that he will increasingly start to suspect Leo and resent his actions) or whether twice (that Matt knows of) is enough and he tells him to sling his hook.

I enjoy the soaps for the over dramatized human interactions. They are in general piles of horse manure.
Matt's descriptions of his life fit into the soap opera patterns - a focus on human interactions..human conflict centered around trust and intimacy. Throw in an ailing relative etc.. His stories have elements of most soap operas.

francois
January 27th, 2018, 23:05
Sorry to tell you matt, but you are crazy!

scottish-guy
January 27th, 2018, 23:07
...His stories have elements of most soap operas.

More like Queer as Folk

:D

goji
January 27th, 2018, 23:13
Oh, he's probably embellishing the story somewhat.

Never mind that. If the sex is good, the company is good & you're limiting financial contributions & retaining your clarity of thought (ie non emotional), just let it go & be nice to him.

Monogamy is overrated.

kittyboy
January 27th, 2018, 23:18
More like Queer as Folk

Yes..an updated Queer as Folk. Disabled Matt, the younger boyfriend, an interracial relationship, a foreign setting, an international location, multi-cultural interaction rife with cultural and linguistic mix ups. Throw in Matt has money which equals power but a dependent relationship on a suspect lover, throw in screwed up relatives who may or may not offload their children on Matt..etc...Oh..the drama.

cdnmatt
January 27th, 2018, 23:22
No, that's the exact story I've been given so far. He's still in Bangkok at the moment.

I'm livid. Really, how fucken stupid do you think I am to believe the story I posted in the OP? I've been living with him for 18 months, we've been through loads together, and he knows full well I'm far more intelligent than him, so uncertain as to why he'd try a story like this on me.

Whatever, up to him. I'll go bury myself in work.

For fuck sakes, I'm blind, not stupid.

frequent
January 28th, 2018, 03:17
For fuck sakes, I'm blind, not stupid.An SGT poll right there

colmx
January 28th, 2018, 04:01
I can't actually see what the problem is Matt?
As SG says, Leo goes to BKK, he then goes on the piss, has a great time in DJ station and then crashes in an overpriced (for him) hotel
Where are the lies? What has he done to earn your wrath?

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 04:49
I can't actually see what the problem is Matt?
As SG says, Leo goes to BKK, he then goes on the piss, has a great time in DJ station and then crashes in an overpriced (for him) hotel
Where are the lies? What has he done to earn your wrath?

No problem with him going to DJ Station and getting drunk with friends. I keep telling him I want him to go do things like that.

His story is his older sister has some family in Bangkok, he had the address of their house before he left, and was going to stay there. Gosh darnit, the house was just too small though.

Thankfully, he has a gay friend who lives in Bangkok, and that friend apparently hopped up from a phone call, and met Leo, and they shared a 2000 baht/night hotel together for a few days. He didn't stay at the friend's room / house, but they decided to get a hotel together instead. They're friends, so no sex was had, and they only slept together in the same room.

How plausible does that sound to you?

He had two rules with me. Don't cheat on me, and don't lie to me.

Now he just fucked everything. Our move to Vientiane, the Basi ceremony, taking those kids in, going to visit Canada, everything out the window.

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 05:22
Oh, and I guess I should mention, he's never been to Bangkok before in his life. This is his first time there. He magically has some gay friends there somehow though.

Of course, just friends who share the cost of a 2000/night hotel together.

colmx
January 28th, 2018, 05:27
Gosh darnit, the house was just too small though.

Thankfully, he has a gay friend who lives in Bangkok and they shared a 2000 baht/night hotel together for a few days. He didn't stay at the friend's room / house, but they decided to get a hotel together instead. They're friends, so no sex was had, and they only slept together in the same room.

How plausible does that sound to you?

All sounds perfectly plausible to me!
My BF has gone to visit relatives plenty of time, but when he got there realised that he was imposing on other people and has taken a room elsewhere
(as have I, e.g. when we have visited the homes of farang friends of mine)

Similarly he has often shared hotel rooms, apartments etc with gay friends, never once did I throw a hissy fit and presume that he was having some kind of nefarious affair!
Not a day goes by on FB without me seeing a Pattaya based friend staying in a hotel in BKK with their mates, similarly I don't presume they are having sex, I presume they are sharing a room and are out hitting the clubs together

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 05:56
Ok, if his friend already lives in Bangkok, why didn't he just stay at at his room / house, if the sister's family house was too small? He's as cheap as they get, so no way he'd spend 2000/night on a hotel, or even go 50/50 on that.

His story isn't plausible at all. The hotel thing wasn't done on a whim, and was definitely pre-planned.

frequent
January 28th, 2018, 05:56
Gosh. What's going to happen to the move to Laos, happy families with the two kids, Matt's job? This saga can run for weeks! Of course Matt doesn't have a great track record with relationships - there's the yet-to-be-divorced "husband" back in Canada, the whole Kim saga, and now Leo the Lao

colmx
January 28th, 2018, 06:42
no way he'd spend 2000/night on a hotel, or even go 50/50 on that.

My bet is that the 2k per day was spent on a big mad booze party, where he was the "show off" sponsor - showing his friends from home how well he had done.
All in all no harm done. Just a poor Asian guy trying to pretend that he is more than he is.... Hardly grounds for throwing him into the gutter!

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 06:48
Oh, he doesn't need to try and show off. He's doing just fine in the financial department.

Smiles
January 28th, 2018, 07:00
" ... Now he just fucked everything. Our move to Vientiane, the Basi ceremony, taking those kids in, going to visit Canada, everything out the window." Oh come on folks. Forget the extraneous pseudo drama. A number of others (myself included) predicted exactly the above scenario would sooner or later be announced.
I'm not telling him he's not crazy, that's for sure.

colmx
January 28th, 2018, 07:39
Oh, he doesn't need to try and show off. He's doing just fine in the financial department.

Seems you have a lot to (still) learn about young people from poor families in SE Asia... Of course they have to try and show off... all too many times all they care about "keeping up with the jones" and attempting to gain supposed "face" by showing off

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 07:55
Seems you have a lot to (still) learn about young people from poor families in SE Asia... Of course they have to try and show off... all too many times all they care about "keeping up with the jones" and attempting to gain supposed "face" by showing off

He was a novice monk for 7 years. I can promise you he's the furthest thing from someone who wants to show off.

Sure, he wants to show off to some extent, which is why he wants that Basi ceremony in his village. However, again, his mother taught him well, and he's very conservative with his money.

There is no way his story is true.

dorayme
January 28th, 2018, 08:08
Have you met his sick mother?

dab69
January 28th, 2018, 08:19
He deserved the time off. Forget about it and be glad he had some fun.

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 08:38
He deserved the time off. Forget about it and be glad he had some fun.

Time off from what? Relaxing all day, plaing his computer games, watching Youtube, chatting with his friends, eating shrimp, having about 10,000 baht in that money jar any given day to go do whatever he wants, the freedom to go out and do whatever he wants, his own bedrrom with A/C, having a loving husband spending two hours per-day in the kitchen cooking delicious meals for him, or the breakfasts in bed, the soothing massages with lotion he gets every day that he enjoys, etc.?

Time off from what, exactly? Yeah, real rough life he has.

I understand he's bored of Khon Kaen and is very anxious to get to Vientiane. So am I. That doesn't give him a right to lie to me and/or cheat on me, and vice versa.

frequent
January 28th, 2018, 09:01
He was a novice monk for 7 years ... There is no way his story is true.Did he learn to lie as a novice monk maybe?

FarangRuMak
January 28th, 2018, 12:57
Oh come on folks. Forget the extraneous pseudo drama. A number of others (myself included) predicted exactly the above scenario would sooner or later be announced.
I'm not telling him he's not crazy, that's for sure.
On a point of information:
Was your prediction predicated upon (I hate when others use this phrase) your knowledge of
(a) the usual pattern of gay Thai/Farang relationships?
or
(b) the usual Plot devices that are common to all Soap-Operas?

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 13:01
Did he learn to lie as a novice monk maybe?

He doesn't know how to lie. I'm a horrible liar myself, and he's even worse than me, which is why it's so easy to catch him out in a lie.

frequent
January 28th, 2018, 13:20
On a point of information:
Was your prediction predicated upon (I hate when others use this phrase) your knowledge of
(a) the usual pattern of gay Thai/Farang relationships?
or
(b) the usual Plot devices that are common to all Soap-Operas?

(c) Matt

joe552
January 28th, 2018, 13:42
He was a novice monk for 7 years. I can promise you he's the furthest thing from someone who wants to show off.

Sure, he wants to show off to some extent, which is why he wants that Basi ceremony in his village. However, again, his mother taught him well, and he's very conservative with his money.

There is no way his story is true.

So if you've concluded his story is not true, why are we discussing it? Surely you've made a decision.

bobsaigon2
January 28th, 2018, 13:53
Well, Matt, this thread seems to be running a course similar to all of your other threads. Post #1 presents a situation that attracts either criticism or advice (but never sympathy). You respond. Further comments appear. And it goes on for several pages and in none of those pages is there any indication that you accept or value or seriously consider the merits of the advice offered by people who have been through just about every scenario you could dream up, and maybe more than once. So it is really hard to see your purpose in posting if it’s not just to relieve your boredom or loneliness.

Leo? You can’t make him into an image of what you think he should be. If he wants to drink, have sex with others, tell lies -- that’s the current Leo. Accept or reject. Keep him with you for a few years and he may change into your vision of what a “husband” is supposed to be. Or not.

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 14:31
You're right Bob, I'm basically just venting out of loneliness and frustration. I'm not really looking for advice per-se, because I've been through life more than enough to know how it rolls.

And you are right, it's his life, so he can lie to me, and have sex with all the people he wants, and nothing I can do to stop that. I can stop being his husband though.

Gay people suck. From now on, I'm renting love.

francois
January 28th, 2018, 14:32
He doesn't know how to lie. I'm a horrible liar myself, and he's even worse than me, which is why it's so easy to catch him out in a lie.

Don't be down on yourself, matt, I believe every word you write.:rolleyes:

pennyboy
January 28th, 2018, 14:50
Only people who like soap operas will believe this piece of horse manure. You'e not crazy Matt but I have doubts about those who respond with advice.

Andaman!
January 28th, 2018, 15:02
Matt - Give the guy a break. Maybe he just needed a good fuck and you have said you don’t fuck so who’d blame him for a little sojourn to Bangkok. Wouldn’t worry too much about the cost of the hotel either. Small fry compared to the devaluation of your bitcoin in recent weeks. Welcome him back with open arms on his return and prepare a few wonderful surprises for him so he feels really special and knows how much you love him.

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 16:28
Matt - Give the guy a break. Maybe he just needed a good fuck and you have said you don’t fuck so who’d blame him for a little sojourn to Bangkok. Wouldn’t worry too much about the cost of the hotel either. Small fry compared to the devaluation of your bitcoin in recent weeks. Welcome him back with open arms on his return and prepare a few wonderful surprises for him so he feels really special and knows how much you love him.

No, it's over. He's not coming back.

I gave him a break, twice actually. The first time was about 8 months ago with some guy from Vietnam while he was in Vientiane, and basically got raped. I let that go because our relationship wasn't anywhere near as deep as it is / was. Then once about 2 months ago, and I gave him a pass on that due to his mother being on her death bed.

Again, doesn't matter. He's not coming back. If he e-mails me an address, I'll mail his computer, guitar, clotes and everything to him.

His refusal of denial is enough for me, to let me know I'm not being crazy. He's just being a lair and chating on me. Sorry, but no, not allowed.

christianpfc
January 28th, 2018, 17:32
YAWN!

And many still fall for it and reply!

Facebook is a good way to check where someone is and what he does (provided he posts regularly). But as a lot of information is in pictures, Matt would need someone to explain what is in the pictures, and as most of the Thai is rather cryptic (I often have to ask an educated Thai friend to explain what a stupid Thai friend wrote), depending on Matt's comprehension of Thai (the version the youth speak and write) someone to translate as well.

joe552
January 28th, 2018, 17:44
Well at least Matt won't have to go to the trouble of moving to Vientiane. There's always a silver lining.

cdnmatt
January 28th, 2018, 22:53
No, Vientiane move is still on, I think. He showed up this afternoon, and now has a key to the new lock I put on the gate. We had a few crying sessions together, got angry at each other, some shit got broken, I think the guitar is in a few pieces now, etc. You know, just a typical day.

I promised him I wouldn't post any details publically, and I'm quite confident he reads this board, so will leave it there.

Fuck me, is he ever glad he saved my life upon going blind.

Rolling Stone
January 28th, 2018, 23:26
Why am I not surprised?

scottish-guy
January 28th, 2018, 23:29
Matt, no offence, but UK social workers would call this a "chaotic lifestyle" and attempt to take both of you into care.

Mind you, with UK social workers record you'd probably have murdered each other before places of safety were found.

Andaman!
January 29th, 2018, 00:15
Matt - At 5.28 pm Thai Time you wrote:

“No, it's over. He's not coming back...........Again, doesn't matter. He's not coming back. If he e-mails me an address, I'll mail his computer, guitar, clotes and everything to him. His refusal of denial is enough for me, to let me know I'm not being crazy. He's just being a lair and chating on me. Sorry, but no, not allowed”

.......and just over six hours later at 11.53pm you wrote

No, Vientiane move is still on, I think. He showed up this afternoon, and now has a key to the new lock I put on the gate. We had a few crying sessions together, got angry at each other, some shit got broken, I think the guitar is in a few pieces now, etc. You know, just a typical day..

Did Leo arrive just minutes after your first post? Otherwise he would have arrived in the evening not the afternoon. Beginning to wonder if he arrived at all? Does Leo exist at all? Are you a reincarnation of Beachlover?

Smiles
January 29th, 2018, 00:48
Only people who like soap operas will believe this piece of horse manure. You'e not crazy Matt but I have doubts about those who respond with advice.
You are quite correct Pennyboy.

Up until this ridiculous topic, wherein the fraud also known as 'Cdnmatt' has now been mostly accepted as what he is ~ a fraud ~ by what seems to me a decent majority ... i.e. the whole cloth is obviously total balony on so many levels that it's difficult to stay above them th'ar levels without wings (thank you 'Francis Ford Coppola'.)
Along with all this, he writes a dozen or so angst-filled messages each negating the one before, negating the story line regarding meeting up with the Board's 'Most Naive' (sorry Joe); negating his love-of-loves: ("out with the lying little fucker", no no forget that, the sweet darling is back again, in the house with a new set of keys, hoovering the floors and breaking guitars left right and centre". No no ... he's a liar and gone, no, he's back, liar or not, no no I really should gather up my hair shirt and go live with my mother in Canada; no no I forgot, I hate cold icy Canada nearly as much as I hate Leo AND BitCoin; no no Bitcoin's going up, no now down, no now flat lining ... and hey, Leo's OK with me now); changed the Vientiene Escapade from "it's on" to "it's off" to "it's on" again (maybe) all in the same friggin' day!, to wit: the 28th of January in the year 2018.
All that and blind to boot!

And you thought "fraud" was harsh. :love::crazy_mini:

bobsaigon2
January 29th, 2018, 01:43
It's all entertainment. Most of those who respond to Matt do so because they have the ability to suspend disbelief for the few moments it takes to submit a post. Shortly thereafter, they return to incredulity, but participating in the saga adds a little amusement to life.

frequent
January 29th, 2018, 03:29
Aw. A happy ending

kittyboy
January 29th, 2018, 06:44
It's all entertainment. Most of those who respond to Matt do so because they have the ability to suspend disbelief for the few moments it takes to submit a post. Shortly thereafter, they return to incredulity, but participating in the saga adds a little amusement to life.
Those are exactly my thoughts. It is a form of entertainment. Enjoys its absurdity.

joe552
January 29th, 2018, 06:53
Aw. A happy ending

If only it was an ending.

frequent
January 29th, 2018, 07:03
If only it was an ending.I was using the phrase ironically - the massage boy context. If you ask arsenal he'll be able to confirm that, as he's able unerringly to determine what it is a poster "really" means. That's why he's a "Moderator"

dab69
January 29th, 2018, 07:12
Time off from what? Relaxing all day, plaing his computer games, watching Youtube, chatting with his friends, eating shrimp, having about 10,000 baht in that money jar any given day to go do whatever he wants, the freedom to go out and do whatever he wants, his own bedrrom with A/C, having a loving husband spending two hours per-day in the kitchen cooking delicious meals for him, or the breakfasts in bed, the soothing massages with lotion he gets every day that he enjoys, etc.?

Time off from what, exactly? Yeah, real rough life he has.

I understand he's bored of Khon Kaen and is very anxious to get to Vientiane. So am I. That doesn't give him a right to lie to me and/or cheat on me, and vice versa.

I was trying to be polite. We all need some space now and then... He is Thai.
You have to get used to the "little white lies" and let him save face.

Time off from what? or who?

arsenal
January 29th, 2018, 07:13
I can confirm it.

cdnmatt
January 29th, 2018, 07:35
I was trying to be polite. We all need some space now and then... He is Thai.
You have to get used to the "little white lies" and let him save face.

Time off from what? or who?

Little white lies? Cheating on me, and fucking some ~40 year old in Bangkok, then lieing to me about it is just a little white lie?

He's been amazing since he got back, I know he's hurting because he knows he fucked up, and I don't know. I really don't know if I can forgive him.

Kim gave me 100 times better sex than he does, but that doesn't give me the right to cheat on him, then lie to him about it.

Which ever one of you cunts that was, then you're pretty lucky. He even refused the taxi money you offered him, because he doesn't need any money. He has lots.

frequent
January 29th, 2018, 07:47
Kim gave me 100 times better sex than he does ... Which ever one of you cunts that was, then you're pretty lucky.Hmmm. So sex with him is lousy for you, but I'm still lucky to have had those legs draped over my shoulders?

Blueskytoday
January 29th, 2018, 08:34
Well cdnmatt...You know you will take him back.....get over it...whats a little cheating here and there.....forgive and forget??

kittyboy
January 29th, 2018, 09:23
Well cdnmatt...You know you will take him back.....get over it...whats a little cheating here and there.....forgive and forget??
In the world of soap operas, which matt may be emulating, monogamy is the highest virtue and cheating is the biggest violation of trust. I think monogamy is vastly overrated and a bit of sexual wandering is normal. Viewed from afar Matt's dilemma is wonderful soap opera like drama.

Economists talk about diminishing marginal utility. Basically the first banana you eat is tasty but the fifth one in a row is not so good. Matt. Take a diminishing marginal utility view. You and your boyfriend have eaten five bananas in a row and you both need some variety. That banana will be fast again in a few days.

kittyboy
January 29th, 2018, 09:25
In the world of soap operas, which matt may be emulating, monogamy is the highest virtue and cheating is the biggest violation of trust. I think monogamy is vastly overrated and a bit of sexual wandering is normal. Viewed from afar Matt's dilemma is wonderful soap opera like drama.

Economists talk about diminishing marginal utility. Basically the first banana you eat is tasty but the fifth one in a row is not so good. Matt. Take a diminishing marginal utility view. You and your boyfriend have eaten five bananas in a row and you both need some variety. That banana will be fast again in a few days.
Hmm. It should read that banana will be tasty again in a few days.

Xxxx auto correct.

cdnmatt
February 1st, 2018, 10:29

No. I know many gay people have open relationships, but I'm not one of them. Pretty much everyone both of us has talked to agrees that cheating is simply inexcusable. I don't care that we're gay.

I don't sit here wprlomg every day to provide us with a good life, so he can go fuck people behind my back, and lie to me about it.

Everyone agrees with me except you sex tourists. Thankfully he's been back in his village the last couple days, and I guess decided to tell everyone. His friends said they would kill him if he did that to him. He even told his grandma, and I guess got a pretty good scolding, so thank you grandma I've never met, because that helped.

Now we just need to work on his self confidence. I know when he looks at himself in the mirror, he just views himself as some poor, worthless rice farmer from rural Laos. We need to change that so he views himself as the truly amazing, loving, intelligent, strong, healthy, and empathetic human being that he is. Being born poor isn't an excuse. It's ok, I'm good at this type of thing, so will change him around. Already gave him some documentaries and interviews of Trevor Noah and his book Born a Crime, and have lots more here. Hell, the author of Harry Potter was homeless in London when she wrote the first book.

I know him, and know he's capable of anything he wants in this life. He just needs to believe in himself.

francois
February 1st, 2018, 11:23
Hard to control my gag reflex after reading the above.:bo:

Blueskytoday
February 1st, 2018, 13:09
Silly few days ago you never wanted anything more to do with him,,so my first comment was right...forgive, forget, move on...until it happens again???

bobsaigon2
February 1st, 2018, 13:40
Matt: "It's ok, I'm good at this type of thing, so will change him around."

Meaning Matt has made previous excursions into amateur psychotherapy. Love to hear about his successes in that area.

I wonder if Leo understands and accepts House Rule Number One: No more fucking as long as Matt is alive. I got the impression that Leo found fucking quite enjoyable. Now he's willing to abstain? Seems like it might be important to obtain some clarity on that before moving on to psychotherapy.

cdnmatt
February 1st, 2018, 15:27
Silly few days ago you never wanted anything more to do with him,,so my first comment was right...forgive, forget, move on...until it happens again???

As I've always said, everyone makes mistakes in life. It's not the mistakes you make, but how you handle them. He's done brilliantly.

He was initially supposed to be gone for 2 weeks. That turned into a few days, as after I caught him in a lie, he came rushing back. Then he had to go back to Laos because his VISA expired, and plan was to be gone until the 5th. He's now on a bus and will be back here within hours to help repair his marriage, and is going to miss the festival tomorrow night that he was looking forward too.

He has over 200,000 baht to his name, so it's not like he has to do this. He's doing it because he knows full well he will never find someone who loves him more than I do, and he wants to fix things. I've already forgiven him, but will just take some time.... I'm pretty sure he's learned his lesson, and won't do it again.

neddy3
February 1st, 2018, 16:05
"back here within hours to repair his marriage"

In the past, I have given Matt the credit for being a novelist.
But truth be told, it's just a crappy soap opera.

We're supposed to believe that a farang is living in the wilds of KK, and his only contact with the outside English-speaking world is via this forum.

In terms of the title of this thread, no Matt, I can't tell you that.

gerefan2
February 1st, 2018, 16:16

. More like a crappy “fairy” tale

cdnmatt
February 1st, 2018, 16:23
"back here within hours to repair his marriage"

In the past, I have given Matt the credit for being a novelist.

We're supposed to believe that a farang is living in the wilds of KK, and his only contact with the outside English-speaking world is via this forum.

In terms of the title of this thread, no Matt, I can't tell you that.

No, I have clients. And for another 2 oe 3 weeks, I also have a couple farang neighbors who show up every winter.

Aside from that, yes. I'm blind. I've tried going out into town on my own before, and random strangers just get all worried about me, and take me back home. It's like I'm in my own little prison.

joe552
February 1st, 2018, 16:57
I can't take much more of this crap. Within the space of a few pages, we've gone from "he's out of here for good" to "I'll change him into what I want him to be".

So Matt, what's the new departure date for Laos?

arsenal
February 1st, 2018, 18:27
Well Joe, before you went to Thailand you were party to and provocateur of most of this crap destroying thread after thread with it so..............

frequent
February 1st, 2018, 18:31
As I've always said, everyone makes mistakes in life. It's not the mistakes you make, but how you handle them. He's done brilliantly.

He was initially supposed to be gone for 2 weeks. That turned into a few days, as after I caught him in a lie, he came rushing back. Then he had to go back to Laos because his VISA expired, and plan was to be gone until the 5th. He's now on a bus and will be back here within hours to help repair his marriage, and is going to miss the festival tomorrow night that he was looking forward too.

He has over 200,000 baht to his name, so it's not like he has to do this. He's doing it because he knows full well he will never find someone who loves him more than I do, and he wants to fix things. I've already forgiven him, but will just take some time.... I'm pretty sure he's learned his lesson, and won't do it again.
Should I start holding my breath?

cdnmatt
February 1st, 2018, 19:22
I can't take much more of this crap. Within the space of a few pages, we've gone from "he's out of here for good" to "I'll change him into what I want him to be".

So Matt, what's the new departure date for Laos?

Then you should have came to Khon Kaen as you promised, so you could confirm everything I post is true. You decided a 2000 baht trip was too expensive for you though, so up to you.

I don't know when we're going to Vientiane now. He's back, and we're repairing things. I got an e-mail from the Canadian this morning though, and they mailed out my passport today. I should have it tomorrow or the next day.

I'm thinking we will go in about two or three weeks. I'm blind, so he has to give me a little time to decie whether or not I can trust him with my life. I know where everything is in Khon Kaen, so if needed, I could take care of myself here. However, there's no way I could take care of myself in Vientiane, at least not at first. My life would be 100% in his hands.

frequent
February 2nd, 2018, 02:56
Personally I'm devastated to read that Leo's savings are expressed in baht. Why not Bitcoin. And these savings are "gifts" from Matt? Not that he pays his "husband" for sex of course. And Bitcoin - from $20,000 a month ago to $6,000 today. A great store of value

Davey612
February 2nd, 2018, 03:50
I love this thread

joe552
February 2nd, 2018, 11:33
My last words on this subject, and anything else related to Matt - I apologise for everything and will say no more.

frequent
February 2nd, 2018, 12:01
My last words on this subject, and anything else related to Matt - I apologise for everything and will say no more.Follow arsenal's advice cribbed from Disraeli's aphorism "Never complain, never explain" - the second half of which arsenal is a consummate master

gerefan2
February 2nd, 2018, 20:53
Personally I'm devastated to read that Leo's savings are expressed in baht. Why not Bitcoin. And these savings are "gifts" from Matt? Not that he pays his "husband" for sex of course. And Bitcoin - from $20,000 a month ago to $6,000 today. A great store of value

some might say “clever cdMitty, bitcoin up 748% in one year”.
Depends if you glass is half full or half empty.

https://iqoption.com/lp/ultimate-trading/en/?active=crypto1&aff=4401&afftrack=CRPBitcoin

frequent
February 3rd, 2018, 01:57
some might say “clever cdMitty, bitcoin up 748% in one year”.
Depends if you glass is half full or half empty.

https://iqoption.com/lp/ultimate-trading/en/?active=crypto1&aff=4401&afftrack=CRPBitcoinOr you acquired last month. Matt claims he’s being paid in Bitcoin so his acquisition value has increased over time - fewer Bitcoin for the samw amount of labour. Any payments he recived last month are now worth 50% less

Brad the Impala
February 3rd, 2018, 02:39
your obsession with bitcoin is tedious beyond belief

frequent
February 3rd, 2018, 02:54
No. I know many gay people have open relationships, but I'm not one of them. Pretty much everyone both of us has talked to agrees that cheating is simply inexcusable. I don't care that we're gay.

Everyone agrees with me except you sex tourists....Sadly, Matt, you are simply a prisoner of the Christian heterosexual paradigm, also known as heteronormative behaviour - one spouse, lifelong fidelity. Or in your case, fidelity until the next true love comes along

frequent
February 3rd, 2018, 02:57
your obsession with bitcoin is tedious beyond beliefAny chance to stick it up Matt gratefully taken

FarangRuMak
February 3rd, 2018, 06:07
Sadly, Matt, you are simply a prisoner of the Christian heterosexual paradigm, also known as heteronormative behaviour - one spouse, lifelong fidelity. Or in your case, fidelity until the next true love comes along
Though monogamy does nothing for me either I have to acknowlege that it's pretty common; many Jews, A-Theists, Bald Eagles and Angel Fish mate for life.

frequent
February 3rd, 2018, 07:24
Who wants to be common?

frequent
February 3rd, 2018, 08:48
Though monogamy does nothing for me either I have to acknowlege that it's pretty common; many Jews, A-Theists, Bald Eagles and Angel Fish mate for life.They also breed - we don't. Only lesbians and bed-wetters do that sort of thing in same-sex relationships

cdnmatt
February 3rd, 2018, 09:59
What are you talking about? Lots of same-sex couples have monogamous relationships. He agrees as well, as do apparently all his friends, even gay friends, back in his village.

It's not like I'm forcing anything on him. He has more than enough money in his bank account to start a new and good life for himself, so it's up to him. He can decide to either be in a monogamous relationship with me, or go at life alone and have the freedom to have all the sexual partners he wants. Same rule applies to me. We chose each other.

In my mind at least, the whole point of a relationship is to walk together through this journey called life, and both be stronger for it. Quite difficult to do that when one of you is a cheating liar.

frequent
February 3rd, 2018, 10:15
What are you talking about? Lots of same-sex couples have monogamous relationships. He agrees as well, as do apparently all his friends, even gay friends, back in his village.

It's not like I'm forcing anything on him. He has more than enough money in his bank account to start a new and good life for himself, so it's up to him. He can decide to either be in a monogamous relationship with me, or go at life alone and have the freedom to have all the sexual partners he wants. Same rule applies to me. We chose each other.

In my mind at least, the whole point of a relationship is to walk together through this journey called life, and both be stronger for it. Quite difficult to do that when one of you is a cheating liar.

There are lots of conformist fools everywhere, Matt. Besides, if you have an open relationship there's no cheating and no lying. You are simply imposing these Christian constraints on yourself and those around you

I'm glad you raised the point about the money in his bank account again, while claiming elsewhere he's been nothing but a poor rice farmer from Laos. Been paying him for sex have you?

cdnmatt
February 3rd, 2018, 10:34
That's the difference between us. I don't view him as some poor, rice farming peasant who sells his body. I view him as the intelligent, loving, compassionate, empathetic, funncy, eccentric, strong, healthy human being that he is.

But yes, I take good care of him. After all, he takes care of me. I'm blind, remember? I need to be able to trust him 100% with my life, or else this doesn't work. That's why the Vientiane move is now delayed by at least a few weeks.

Too bad too, because I just finally got my passport yesterday. He could have been on his way to Vientiane today to find a house if he didn't pull this stunt.

frequent
February 3rd, 2018, 10:46
That's the difference between us. I don't view him as some poor, rice farming peasant who sells his body. I view him as the intelligent, loving, compassionate, empathetic, funncy, eccentric, strong, healthy human being that he is.

But yes, I take good care of him. After all, he takes care of me. I'm blind, remember? I need to be able to trust him 100% with my life, or else this doesn't work. That's why the Vientiane move is now delayed by at least a few weeks.

Too bad too, because I just finally got my passport yesterday. He could have been on his way to Vientiane today to find a house if he didn't pull this stunt.

200,000 baht (and no Bitcoin)

FarangRuMak
February 3rd, 2018, 15:00
They also breed - we don't. Only lesbians and bed-wetters do that sort of thing in same-sex relationships
Yes there is the not unimportant breeding imperative behind these hetro relationships.
Your point reminds me of an interview given by R Dawkins in which he gave his views as to how a 'gay' gene has been passed on though the passing on should be oxymoronic given that gays carrying the gene don't usually breed.
Part of his answer was that some gays did breed when they were trusted among the females as camp guardians by the alpha males in 'primitive' times.
But he credits the 'sneaky fuckers' ie the bi-sexual males for being largely responsible.
A bit off topic but so what.

a447
February 3rd, 2018, 15:57
Did Dawkins actually use the phrase 'sneaky fuckers'?

Surely not!

frequent
February 4th, 2018, 03:07

Surely not!This is disappointing. As we all know, the Moderators' knowledge and understanding of Thai history, culture and social mores is unparalleled. I've therefore been waiting for a riposte from them to Matt's assertion that monogamy is the norm in Thailand ("monogamous relationships. He agrees as well, as do apparently all his friends, even gay friends, back in his village"). A friend of mine says his apartment building is infested by the mia noi (minor wife) of any Thai man who can afford one. He can't move in the car park on a Saturday morning for the cars of these men who arrive to take the minor wife shopping. It's a long-standing Thai practice. The only reason they would not exist in a village would be the lack of wealth. And that's leaving out any discussion of nickels and dimes

arsenal
February 4th, 2018, 06:44
Frequent wrote.
"As we all know, the Moderators' knowledge and understanding of Thai history, culture and social mores is unparalleled."
:yahoo_mini:

FarangRuMak
February 5th, 2018, 14:54

Surely not!

Yes he did.
And he used to mean what it says;
The bi-sexual males played a double game in that they presented their 'gay' side so the alpha males would trust them with the women and when they got the chance they became fuckers of these women.
It's on utube somewhere.

a447
February 5th, 2018, 15:32
I'm shocked.

He comes across as quite prim and proper.

Sneaky fucker!

cdnmatt
February 5th, 2018, 16:00
Found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHohgUNxDJk

a447
February 5th, 2018, 17:01
Thank you, Matt.

Mind you, when Dawkins says it, it sounds quite natural and not offensive at all.

cdnmatt
February 5th, 2018, 20:02
Thank you, Matt.

Mind you, when Dawkins says it, it sounds quite natural and not offensive at all.

This is my thread, so I figure I'm allowed to hijack it all I want.

Don't thank me. Where's my apology.

I am actually blind. Only difference between before and now is that I'm good at being blind now.

I'm not going to let up on you until you decide to be a man, and issue an apology.

frequent
February 6th, 2018, 02:56
I am actually blind. Only difference between before and now is that I'm good at being blind now.Not too blind to watch YouTube apparently

gerefan2
February 6th, 2018, 04:24
Not too blind to watch YouTube apparently

It was probably watching too many of those other videos that made him go blind....know what I mean..nudge nudge!

sglad
February 6th, 2018, 06:15
I'm not going to let up on you until you decide to be a man, and issue an apology.

Perhaps you're asking too much. Perhaps it's emotionally impossible for her to BE a man, tried as she has.

cdnmatt
February 6th, 2018, 09:15
Not too blind to watch YouTube apparently

Tell me what part of that video requires visual.

a447
February 6th, 2018, 14:00
Perhaps you're asking too much. Perhaps it's emotionally impossible for her to BE a man, tried as she has.

You and I are both Australians.

Therefore, you should know that there are only red-blooded men in Australia.

scottish-guy
February 7th, 2018, 04:43
...there are only red-blooded men in Australia.

.... and that includes the women

:p

frequent
February 7th, 2018, 05:29
.... and that includes the womenThe "sheilas"?

cdnmatt
February 7th, 2018, 09:37
Anyway, looks like things will be ok for us. I don't know, I've had a REALLY hard time letting this one go.

He starts English language lessons today though, so good. 500 baht/hour though, so not exactly cheap, but hopefully quality. School is owned by some guy in his 60s from Texas, and seems like a nice guy. If you can't read, you can't learn, so price doesn't really matter -- he needs English.

arsenal
February 7th, 2018, 09:44
Matt wrote.
" I've had a REALLY hard time letting this one go."

Well at 11 pages long I can see that. You probably should let this one go now. Give us a couple of weeks break and then you can start with the next one.

Blueskytoday
February 7th, 2018, 13:21
I will kick him out....forget him...oh wait I forgive....he's back...how long will this story proceed? like a continuing daytime drama hehe......Page 12 is not far off...give it to us..

a447
February 7th, 2018, 13:30
This "story" will continue until such time as people stop replying to every new twist and turn.

So stand back for another 11 pages to follow!

scottish-guy
February 7th, 2018, 13:51
....If you can't read, you can't learn....

I rarely read - but more importantly I listen - and I'm learning all the time

cdnmatt
February 8th, 2018, 14:14
I rarely read - but more importantly I listen - and I'm learning all the time

No, no. For example, he bought some books on software development, but they've just been gathering dust for months, because he's unable to read them.

I have clients from all over the world, and everyone converses with me in English. If he wants to stand on his own feet like he desires, then first step is to up his English game. We're working on it now. :)

FarangRuMak
February 9th, 2018, 12:03
.... and that includes the women

:p
You can tell the difference cos only the women shave twice a day.

Dimsumbear
August 13th, 2018, 00:07
People will only believe what they want to believe, and listen to what they want to hear

paborn
August 13th, 2018, 00:40
"For example, he bought some books on software development, but they've just been gathering dust for months, because he's unable to read them."

I read this through, over time, and never felt the urge to post. But, he bought books he can't read sort of answers your question - one of your or both are crazy. Especially if you think anyone believes this.

sglad
August 13th, 2018, 00:49
"For example, he bought some books on software development, but they've just been gathering dust for months, because he's unable to read them."

I read this through, over time, and never felt the urge to post. But, he bought books he can't read sort of answers your question - one of your or both are crazy. Especially if you think anyone believes this.

Moreover, whoever buys books on software development in 2018? A lot of this stuff is available via open access online and cdnmatt being the supposed online whiz should have been able to point his bf in the right direction.

frequent
August 13th, 2018, 06:42
Moreover, whoever buys books on software development in 2018? A lot of this stuff is available via open access online and cdnmatt being the supposed online whiz should have been able to point his bf in the right direction.People are buying fewer physical goods altogether - see this Bloomberg article (https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-08-12/american-ownership-society-is-changing-thanks-to-technology). I don't buy any physical books, magazines or newspapers any more; I use Kindle for books and subscribe to the Twitter feed of a range of news sources which I then read via Flipboard. For magazines I subscribe via their Apps and the iTunes store. A tip for those who read sources that impose a limit on the number of articles you can read for free within a time limit. Use "In Private" browsing or a browser such as Epic Privacy and you can read as much as you like (cue for the "Cheap Charlie" accusations)

paborn
August 13th, 2018, 06:44
I do exactly the same thing. Hundreds of books on Kindle and magazines on my Ipad. Can't imagine buyiong a book.

frequent
August 13th, 2018, 06:48
I do exactly the same thing. Hundreds of books on Kindle and magazines on my Ipad. Can't imagine buyiong a book.Have you tried Twitter via Flipboard? An absolute godsend

paborn
August 13th, 2018, 07:01
Not yet, Trump put me off twitter. But, I will - thankd.

frequent
August 13th, 2018, 07:04
Not yet, Trump put me off twitter. But, I will - thankd.Since you select your sources you don't have to read Agent Orange unless a news source quotes him. And there's no obligation to tweet yourself. Flipboard does more than allow you to follow Twitter however, so it's well worth investigating

paborn
August 13th, 2018, 07:17
Your right! Flipboard is amazing.

MiniMee
August 13th, 2018, 19:59
Flipboard does more than allow you to follow Twitter however, so it's well worth investigating Yes, you’re right!
Your right! No, you’re right!

bkkguy
August 13th, 2018, 20:30
Moreover, whoever buys books on software development in 2018? A lot of this stuff is available via open access online and cdnmatt being the supposed online whiz should have been able to point his bf in the right direction.

spoken like a true believer that all you need for a career in "software development" in the Internet age is a few MOOC courses - I mean who needs computer science and software engineering skills when you can develop and distribute your "killer app" on the mobile app stores with a couple of dodgy, insecure and unstable public libraries and a few code snippets from stackoverflow

but yes cdnmatt with his life savings in bitcoin and extensive "whiz" skills should have been able to direct his BF, even with limited English skills, into a suitable career path as a cdnmatt clone

bkkguy

paborn
August 13th, 2018, 20:33
Yes, you’re right!No, you’re right!

It's a small wonder that your avatar so exactly matches your personality. Good choice......now run along and play........

cdnmatt
August 14th, 2018, 03:19
spoken like a true believer that all you need for a career in "software development" in the Internet age is a few MOOC courses - I mean who needs computer science and software engineering skills when you can develop and distribute your "killer app" on the mobile app stores with a couple of dodgy, insecure and unstable public libraries and a few code snippets from stackoverflow

*shrug* My latest software platform just underwent a $12,000 security audit / vuldnerability testing, and passed with flying colors. Sorry, but a computer science degree is generally quite useless for a multitude of reasons. Technology simply moves too quickly, so you'll start university most likely learning obsolete technology and methodology, then by the time you're done not only is everything you've learned obsolete, it's ancient by then. Plus simple knowledge doesn't make a good software engineer -- the ability to learn, innovate, and adapt do that.

I've hired a good number of 4 year grads straight out of university, as I used to live right by the U of A so it was easy to recruit (just walk over and post a flyer on the jobs board). Not one of them said their degree helped them with their job with me.

Obviously though, if you go somewhere like CMU then it's a different story. There you're doing ASM, writing your own kernels and programming languages, etc. That's quite different than your average 4 year Comp Sci degree though.

It's a moot point anyway, as us developers have about 3 - 5 years left, before 95% of us are out of a job, and are replaced with a few AI algorithms.

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 03:54
*shrug* My latest software platform just underwent a $12,000 security audit / vuldnerability testing, and passed with flying colors.Good to hear that you're rebuilding your life in Canada

cdnmatt
August 14th, 2018, 04:08
Good to hear that you're rebuilding your life in Canada

No, I actually just got a brand new 10 year passport last Friday. Was in Victoria for the week anyway, so decided to give it one more try. Apparently, the coffee spill did the trick, and wrecked the biometric data and made the passport un-scanable, so I got a new one. Good, no need to wait until Feb 2019 now.

I'll be back in Asia shortly. :)

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 06:28
No, I actually just got a brand new 10 year passport last Friday. Was in Victoria for the week anyway, so decided to give it one more try. Apparently, the coffee spill did the trick, and wrecked the biometric data and made the passport un-scanable, so I got a new one. Good, no need to wait until Feb 2019 now. I'll be back in Asia shortly. :)I told you it would. So, back to software development being a dying skill - why exactly did you give your catamite books on programming? And how will you support yourself a few years from now when, according to you, AI will have made you redundant?

cdnmatt
August 14th, 2018, 07:02
I told you it would. So, back to software development being a dying skill - why exactly did you give your catamite books on programming? And how will you support yourself a few years from now when, according to you, AI will have made you redundant?

Well, of course I didn't advise him on the books. That would be stupid. He just went and bought them one day, and I don't think he's ever tried learning from them. Obviously, I recommended places like Lynda and Coursera to him. Tried to get him learning HTML and Bootstrap first, as Bootstrap has really nice, easy-to-follow documentation, plus he could easily see his work results on the screen, so thought that may get him ambitious about it.

He decided he can't learn online himself though, so went and bought some books, and never even cracked them I don't think. I think he just needs better English skills, and he'll realize for himself that he is capable of learning on his own. Going to school to learn software development is retarded, unless you're going into a very specialized field.

As for AI making my job redundant, I'm not 100% on that, and just what I think. Well, myself and loads of really intelligent folks like Mark Cuban and others. If and when that does happen though, about 2 billion jobs worldwide will most likely be on the chopping block, so we'll obviously be living in a different world. Robotics killed loads of blue collar jobs, and now with AI, loads of white collar jobs are on the chopping block and have been slowly disappearing for a good while now. Analaysts is one field that's getting hit, including financial analysts. For example, what used to take Goldman Sachs 400 employees is now currently done with only 2 employyees.

You can expect that trend to continue, and most likely at an exponential rate. Nobody can predict the type of world and society we will be living in once that happens.

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 07:21
You can expect that trend to continue, and most likely at an exponential rate. Nobody can predict the type of world and society we will be living in once that happens.That is not my expectation, but then I accept that you just sit in your room and make silly assumptions, whereas I read more widely. Do you know, for example, that almost no-one in the self-driving cars ecosystem actually believes we'll have self-driving cars in the next 10 - 20 years, if ever? I'm sure you'll know how to google that

cdnmatt
August 14th, 2018, 07:36
Yeah, self-driving cars are definitely a difficult one.

You don't seem to realize how quickly technology is advancing though. Just one of many examples, check out gene editing via KRISPER. That's made leaps and bounds in advancements over the past 2 - 3 years. Obviously, I keep up to date on that one, as I want to see again.

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 07:41
Just one of many examples, check out gene editing via KRISPER ... Obviously, I keep up to date on that one, as I want to see again.I wonder how you do that, since you can't even spell CRISPR. Or is your screen grabber assuming it's a homonym?

paborn
August 14th, 2018, 07:55
You know Matt, I often - sometimes in jest - criticise Frequent as a stickler for spelling and grammar. But, really you keep up on this? Thanks to my news feed CRISPR is known even to this computer novice. Just what do you do again?

arsenal
August 14th, 2018, 07:59
He annoys frequent and that's good enough for me.

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 08:07
He annoys frequent and that's good enough for me.Please read my footer/signature. His follies divert me, you are merely among the dregs of the Forum who delight in what you believe are the dislikes and misfortunes of others

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 08:08
You know Matt, I often - sometimes in jest - criticise Frequent as a stickler for spelling and grammar. But, really you keep up on this? Thanks to my news feed CRISPR is known even to this computer novice. Just what do you do again?He's legally blind, hence my comment about his screen software and homonyms. Do try to keep up

paborn
August 14th, 2018, 08:14
He's legally blind, hence my comment about his screen software and homonyms. Do try to keep up

Actually, it's not a question of keeping up. I just don't believe any part of his lengthy storyline. You, of course, are free to.

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 14:15
You don't seem to realize how quickly technology is advancing though.I'm guessing the "you" is really "many people". Coincidentally I'm reading an advertorial in the latest WIRED UK about AI and pharmaceuticals and a venture called Pharmacy2U. Its founder asserts that AI will be part of the feedback loop from patient to pharmacy so that their medication can be tweaked in almost real time (the only delay being the actual delivery). I guess that's related to tying pharmaceutical compounding more closely to the individual's genome and other characteristics that distinguish him from the typical

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 14:19
Actually, it's not a question of keeping up. I just don't believe any part of his lengthy storyline. You, of course, are free to."any part"? How bold. I'm on record as stating that I think his storyline stacks up, and I've said so for a number of years. That's without accepting uncritically "every part" of his story

Smiles
August 14th, 2018, 15:00
Let's just say he's friggin' crazy, which was, after all, his original "tell".
I could easily believe that ~~ who couldn't ~~ and am quite happy to be "on record" just about forever.

cdnmatt
August 14th, 2018, 15:09
I'm guessing the "you" is really "many people". Coincidentally I'm reading an advertorial in the latest WIRED UK about AI and pharmaceuticals and a venture called Pharmacy2U. Its founder asserts that AI will be part of the feedback loop from patient to pharmacy so that their medication can be tweaked in almost real time (the only delay being the actual delivery). I guess that's related to tying pharmaceutical compounding more closely to the individual's genome and other characteristics that distinguish him from the typical

I was talking about technology, not retarded marketing gigs.

If you want to go down that route, at least go with something that has at least something to do with advancing technology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd1mEm2Fy08

Watch it, dn wait for the calls from the AI program. There's two calls in total, the second one is much more difficult for a AI program to handle, but did so perfectly.

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 15:09
Let's just say he's friggin' crazy, which was, after all, his original "tell".
I could easily believe that ~~ who couldn't ~~ and am quite happy to be "on record" just about forever.If anyone can fake the naive stupidity of the entitled millennial the way Matt comes across would be wasting their time on something as trivial and out of the way as SGT

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 15:11
I was talking about technology, not retarded marketing gigs.Perhaps if you read the article first? But thanks for confirming my assessment of naive stupidity
If you want to go down that route, at least go with something that has at least something to do with advancing technologyRemind us, Matt - these wonderful values that you keep telling us are what draws you back to SE Asia - would they ever have supported discovering AI? They don't encourage people to ask questions that might cause someone to lose face, do they?

paborn
August 14th, 2018, 20:49
"any part"? How bold. I'm on record as stating that I think his storyline stacks up, and I've said so for a number of years. That's without accepting uncritically "every part" of his story

Yes, "bold" indeed to freely affirm how naive you've been for years. I think Smiles may have it right "crazy" does allow for some minor points that are true, at least, when he's having a lucid moment.

cdnmatt
August 15th, 2018, 01:36
Well, I've wasted enough time, and apparently can't find it...

Shot in the dark, but anyone by chance know of any Laos / Vientiane expat forums that are active? I found a few, but they've all been dead for years without any posts.

Thanks.

frequent
August 15th, 2018, 04:57
Shot in the dark, but anyone by chance know of any Laos / Vientiane expat forums that are active? I found a few, but they've all been dead for years without any posts.This expat law firm maintains some sort of blog you might find useful - http://jclao.com/ - but if you can't find an active expat forum it suggests there aren't enough expats who are interested in having one. Laos is not Cambodia with its very active khmer440 forum - my guess is too few expats to form the critical mass that an active forum needs. Laos is so insignificant we don't even have a separate Laos sub-forum here

frequent
August 29th, 2018, 07:45
I'll be back in Asia shortly. :)How soon is "shortly"?

frequent
August 29th, 2018, 07:48
Robotics killed loads of blue collar jobs, and now with AI, loads of white collar jobs are on the chopping block and have been slowly disappearing for a good while now. You can expect that trend to continue, and most likely at an exponential rate. Nobody can predict the type of world and society we will be living in once that happens.Note to Matt - this image isn't about you or Leo. It's a cartoon about robotics and automation

bkkguy
August 29th, 2018, 19:30
Nobody can predict the type of world and society we will be living in once that happens.

if AI is so great surely it should already be better than humans at making such predictions - or is that why you said nobody?

bkkguy