PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

January 16th, 2006, 16:35
OK, I'll take the bait.

John, it was a terribly irresponsible thing for you to have let your bf use someone else's ID to enter the bar. Can you imagine the consequences had there been a raid at that particular moment? It's not unknown, you know. Your bf could have ended up in jail, and the bar fined or closed down. If your bf wants to risk going to jail, I suppose that's his right. But to risk the bar's license was not only totally irresponsible, but also incredibly selfish.

Besides, I would have expected you -- as a former police officer -- to have just a little bit more respect for the law than you exhibited in condoning this behavior.

Dodger
January 16th, 2006, 17:57
John,

Thanks for the update.

I agree with your read of Soi Twilight. Too pushy-pully, and the drinks are not only over priced...but they're terrible.

Did you ever find any music?

TrongpaiExpat
January 16th, 2006, 19:47
I don't know who is setting the tone of this increasing tout/door men aggression on Soi Twilight but I have developed a few strategies to deal with them, First, walk with a purpose and don't look around. Enter the soi from the Rama 4 side rather than the Surawong main entrance. Tell them your meeting someone at Dicks and will be right back. Dick's by the way is a no tout free/safe zone.

When they grab you start coughing and sneezing saying your very maisabi they generally back away. If all that fails, make friends with them, shake their hand and ask for their name, after a while, a few months, they get to know you and leave you alone.

Ever since the social order campaign, there have been ID checks and strict enforcement of the over 20 law in Bangkok. Sometimes they even want to see a Farangs passport, but that is not consistent other than at Hollywood Disco. The gay bars in other areas like Ramkhamhaeng do not do ID checks at all, generally.

The sex shows on soi Twilight are not consistent. I don't think it has as much to do with the authorities as the availability of performers on any given night. By the way, I was told that performers get paid 350B per show.

I share you view with Paragon. I stayed away until the crowds diminished and paid a visit last week. I guess you passed on the aquarium, it was a tad expensive at 450 but OK. The BF had never been to one and had a good time. I was disappointed at the "gourmet" grocery store, most of the items can be found at any Tops or Big C. Discovery next door had a little make over as well. There is a new very nice looking food court. The food was overpriced and horrible. On top of that there are new seats/stools with no backs that must have been molded off a young Thai boy's ass, not quite big enough for the usual farang ass. I saw one farang sitting on the stool and it seem to have disappeared and all was visible was the post.

January 17th, 2006, 18:51
I read your previous thread regarding asking advice- don't remember if you mentioned there you'd be going with someone so young, but I think if you had someone would have warned you about the age thing. There are Bangkok locations where it's not so serious, but not centrally.