View Full Version : TM6 Arrival-departure card

newalaan2
January 26th, 2018, 23:10
Can any of our recently arrived members at Suvarnabhumi Airport advise if there is a new version of the 30 day TM6 Arrival-Departure card since October 2017?

I always take an extra one (from usually KLM/AF) when they hand them out before landing at Bkk to have spare one in advance of the next trip so I can make it out at home and put in with other travel documents as not to have to bother faffing about with it on the flight just before landing or in the terminal. So the one I have is the 'old' one which has been used for the last number of years. There was word of updating it to a new version.

joe552
January 26th, 2018, 23:16
When I arrived in BKK on 9 January, it was the same card as before.

colmx
January 27th, 2018, 01:02
I think the TM card depends on the arrival airline
I arrived with Qatar on Dec 29th and was given the old one
My mate was travelling Emirates, but ended up being sent to Jakarta instead of BKK (long story!)
When he eventually arrived to BKK with Garuda on Dec 24th he was given the new card.
So I suppose as the airlines use their old supply of cards they will start to roll out the new one

FarangRuMak
January 27th, 2018, 03:47
I arrived on the 21st inst (Abu Dhaibi/BKK) and was given one that was new to me;
A single card, maybe slightly longer than before but the 'Departure' section was perforated & thus detatchable.
Two new details required - Email address & Telephone number.
Same questions re. income etc. on the back as before.

goji
January 27th, 2018, 04:06
I had a new version of the card on both arrivals in Thailand last month.

BEWARE, they rather illogically have the departure card first, so it's quite easy to fill it in on autopilot and put your arrival flight number in the departure box.
Thankfully they don't seem to mind if you just cross it out and put the correct departure flight in.

aot871
January 27th, 2018, 04:58
I arrived on the 21st inst (Abu Dhaibi/BKK) and was given one that was new to me;
A single card, maybe slightly longer than before but the 'Departure' section was perforated & thus detatchable.
Same questions re. income etc. on the back as before.

I cant see what good the phone number is , unless its the hotel number where you are staying , I don't have a mobile number , until I buy a new sim card after I have cleared customs

frequent
January 27th, 2018, 05:33
Same questions re. income etc. on the back as before.At the Immigration Desk they have no way of verifying either an email address (and whether it is actually yours) or whether the mobile number you give is actually yours. Write down any email address and mobile number that comes to mind

Scepticism - "At the Immigration Desk they have no way of verifying an email address"
Cynicism - So, "write down any email address and mobile number that comes to mind"

cdnmatt
January 27th, 2018, 05:42
Can I write down john.doe@fuckyou.com?

frequent
January 27th, 2018, 06:07
Can I write down john.doe@fuckyou.com?As you're a well-known illegal immigrant who is shortly to be banned from entering Thailand the question is purely academic. You should also learn the difference between "can" and "should"

Jellybean
January 27th, 2018, 12:38
Can any of our recently arrived members at Suvarnabhumi Airport advise if there is a new version of the 30 day TM6 Arrival-Departure card since October 2017 . . .

Not sure what the TM6 form was like in October 2017, newalaan2, but if it was the same long (19cm) two forms used back in October/November 2016, when I arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport, and which had not changed for years, then the TM6 had indeed changed when I arrived in Bangkok on Saturday, 13 January 2018.

When given the form on the airplane, I always keep a pen and a piece of paper in my cargo pants pockets, with my passport number, flight number and any other details I cannot immediately remember, to enable me to quickly complete the form.

I am happy to say the departure card portion, which is retained in your passport, is now only 9cm long and can be easily stapled to a page in your passport without having to fold it.

gerefan2
January 27th, 2018, 16:25
Can I write down john.doe@fuckyou.com?

No. You’re blind. Remember??

arsenal
January 27th, 2018, 19:19
Don't say I never give you nothing.

aot871
January 29th, 2018, 07:15
At the Immigration Desk they have no way of verifying either an email address (and whether it is actually yours) or whether the mobile number you give is actually yours. Write down any email address and mobile number that comes to mind

Scepticism - "At the Immigration Desk they have no way of verifying an email address"
Cynicism - So, "write down any email address and mobile number that comes to mind"

What I wonder would happen if you said I don't have email or have a thai mobile, as surely not every tourist has a thai mobile number

FarangRuMak
February 1st, 2018, 23:27
What I wonder would happen if you said I don't have email or have a thai mobile, as surely not every tourist has a thai mobile number
It doesn't specify which phone number -Thai or Home Country.
I had both with me so I gave my home phone number.
It's easy to say that one can invent numbers and emails because they can't be checked at the airport but then you will have given false information on an immigration declaration form.

gerefan2
February 2nd, 2018, 01:18
Ffs they sell thousands of SIM cards after all the formalities. Just do what all these thousands (who don't have a phone )do and leave it blank.

Same with all the crap about earnings...

Next topic please

frequent
February 2nd, 2018, 02:52
It's easy to say that one can invent numbers and emails because they can't be checked at the airport but then you will have given false information on an immigration declaration form. Would that be worse than encouraging prostitution while you are in Thailand after you have passed through the Immigration checkpoint?

poshglasgow
February 2nd, 2018, 04:39
It's easy to say that one can invent numbers and emails because they can't be checked at the airport but then you will have given false information on an immigration declaration form.

Agree entirely with Farang Ru Mak. It is not worth the risk straying from giving authentic responses to specific questions on an official document. You'll rest easier at night.

frequent
February 2nd, 2018, 05:07
Agree entirely with Farang Ru Mak. It is not worth the risk straying from giving authentic responses to specific questions on an official document. You'll rest easier at night.I've been lying on official Thai documents for 30+ years

scottish-guy
February 2nd, 2018, 06:22
By entering "MALE" on them ?

:p

FarangRuMak
February 2nd, 2018, 14:27
Would that be worse than encouraging prostitution while you are in Thailand after you have passed through the Immigration checkpoint?
I don't know.
Your guess is as good as mine.

frequent
February 2nd, 2018, 14:48
I don't know.
Your guess is as good as mine.

Trust me FarangRuMak your guesses whatever they might be about will always be vastly inferior to mine

bkkguy
February 2nd, 2018, 18:24
By entering "MALE" on them ?

so what do you enter in the sex field? "Yes Please"? "Daily"?

and surely frequent knows better ways to enter a male than using a pen!

bkkguy

FarangRuMak
February 2nd, 2018, 19:43
Trust me FarangRuMak your guesses whatever they might be about will always be vastly inferior to mine
I can live with that.