PDA

View Full Version : What does "3 points" mean?

Smiles
January 24th, 2018, 11:35
I think I've been awarded "3 points" by Moses for my posts in this topic (talking about 'off topic').
What does "3 points" mean?
Actually, I think Arsenal awarded me "3 points" a day or so ago. Does that give me "6 points"?
In that case, what does "6" points" mean?

Confusing. And poor Jelly Bean. :eek:

Jellybean
January 24th, 2018, 12:01
. . . Actually, I think Arsenal awarded me "3 points" a day or so ago. Does that give me "6 points"? In that case, what does "6" points" mean?

Following your Orwellian comment in post #30, Smiles, I would imagine that it could mean Room 101 for you.

You had better mend your ways and become a loyal party member. I would hate to think of you ending up sitting alone in the Chestnut Tree Cafe. :blush:

cdnmatt
January 24th, 2018, 12:09
I think I've been awarded "3 points" by Moses for my posts in this topic (talking about 'off topic').
What does "3 points" mean?
Actually, I think Arsenal awarded me "3 points" a day or so ago. Does that give me "6 points"?

Confusing. And poor Jelly Bean. :eek:

I'm pretty sure one for infraction means you're up for electro shock therapy. They strap you down, shove something into your mouth so you don't swallow your tongue, and proceed to electorcute the shit out of you until close to death. Thankfully with mdodern technoclogy, we've figured out that therapy isn't very useful.

Don't cross SGT mods, or that may be you.

frequent
January 24th, 2018, 13:32
Whatever happened to the exciting plan announced only a few weeks ago to turn the Forum into "TripAdvisor for sodomites"?

Moses
January 24th, 2018, 14:02

When you will have 15 points you'll be suspended by forum's software for one week, after 25 points - for 1 month, after 35 points - for 3 months.

gerefan2
January 24th, 2018, 14:26
Keep going smiles ...seems you have loads of points left!

Nirish guy
January 24th, 2018, 15:40
How many points for telling you and your generally useless Mods to stick your points up your arse ? Whatever it is feel free to go ahead and add away - only back to the board after several days away and can’t beleive I’m
reading shit like this about “points” still to very long term posters here and on such an innocent thread. You guys really are losing the plot and need to catch a grip on yourselves it would seem as you’re not improving the board, you’re slowly ruining it !.

Jellybean
January 24th, 2018, 16:45
Keep going smiles ...seems you have loads of points left!

How many points for telling you and your generally useless Mods to stick your points up your arse ? Whatever it is feel free to go ahead and add away - only back to the board after several days away and can’t beleive I’m
reading shit like this about “points” still to very long term posters here and on such an innocent thread. You guys really are losing the plot and need to catch a grip on yourselves it would seem as you’re not improving the board, you’re slowly ruining it !.

Oh my God! I can smell insurrection within the ranks.

I can just picture the scene; the three beleaguered moderators hunkered down in their secret bunker on an island somewhere in the South China Sea. Then their leader, arsenal, having given the matter some considerable thought shouts out, "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war!"

Those members who dared to stick their heads above the parapet scatter and run for their lives in absolute terror. Some have time to wonder if they'll ever see the return of those gloriously halcyon days under the benevolent leadership of Surfcrest.

Seriously though guys, surely talk of the forum software automatically awarding penalty points for perceived infringement of the rules has no place on a forum such as this. It sounds awfully similar to the computer system set up in the UK for the more serious matter of awarding tax penalties.

Nirish guy
January 24th, 2018, 16:56
Seriously though guys, surely talk of the forum software automatically awarding penalty points for perceived infringement of the rules has no place on a forum such as this.

Especiually when it's all a load of ballox and IS just the Mod's / Moses playing silly buggers half the time. Listen to your posters guys and stop this un-required nonsense before it gets out of hand, you're only making tits of yourselves.

bkkguy
January 24th, 2018, 18:39
I'm pretty sure one for infraction means you're up for electro shock therapy.

I thought I saw a post in another thread about the appointment of a Ms Ratched (RN) as a moderator but I can't find it now

Oh my God! I can smell insurrection within the ranks.

things can go wrong so badly so easily sometimes when the moderators step in ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faeEnoYcT7w

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war!"

I thought the gods always threatened to "Release the Kraken"

bkkguy

Brad the Impala
January 24th, 2018, 19:16
There was also a thread in the Holding Room, "Untitled", that was led by Smiles' post, presumably put there by an incompetent moderator, not realising that they were actually duplicating it. There were several subsequent comments from posters critical of the general moderation but the whole thread has been deleted.

"There will be none of that Grosvenor Square nonsense up here" as a policeman once said to me in Rochdale, referencing the demonstrations outside the American Embassy in London against the Vietnam war. They were of course happy to let big Cyril carry on regardless.

How's that for going off topic!

Smiles
January 24th, 2018, 19:51
Following your Orwellian comment in post #30, Smiles, I would imagine that it could mean Room 101 for you.
And Room 101 was, as you well know, full of rats. The metaphor makes one LOL ... but a bit over the top, so let's not get too dramatic now, shall we.

Moses
January 24th, 2018, 20:25

cdnmatt
January 24th, 2018, 20:29
We as members should setup our own points system for the mods to even things out.

Mod infraction to arsenal -- 2 points! :)

Moses
January 24th, 2018, 20:33

Lier.

It is clearly stated in infraction receipt what reason of infraction is "Public discussion of action of moderation"

cdnmatt
January 24th, 2018, 20:43
Moses, just a quick heads up. If this was a gamers forum full of teenagers, then I could understand a points / infraction system.

However, this is SGT. I'm 36, and am one of the youngest members here, if not the youngest. I really hope you know putting a bunch of folks in their 50s, 60s, and 70s on some childish points system is extremely stupid and foolish. Do you really expect anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously? We're not 12 years old.

Moses
January 24th, 2018, 20:49
I really hope you know putting a bunch of folks in their 50s, 60s, and 70s on some childish points system is extremely stupid and foolish. Do you really expect anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously? We're not 12 years old.

Do you think I care if "anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously"? I don't.

Seriously or not seriously, but robot will just shutdown account for 7 days after 15 points. It has no doubts. That's all you need to know about infraction system. I have no time to remember who violates rules "first time" who is systematical violator, so I gave that job to robot, it s function of forum's software, it isn't "my system".

cdnmatt
January 24th, 2018, 20:54
Oh, it's not even the mods who determine the points? It's the software?

Ok, I'm going to guess this isn't exactly advanced AI we're running here, so let's give this a try....

You stupid sumbag piece of shit...

Do I get some points now too? :)

a447
January 24th, 2018, 21:02
I really hope you know putting a bunch of folks in their 50s, 60s, and 70s on some childish points system is extremely stupid and foolish. Do you really expect anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously? We're not 12 years old.

The police use a similar points system for traffic violations. Earn 13 demerit points and you lose your licence.

The drivers are all over 12 years old.

Some of them are even "folks in their 50s, 60s and 70s."

Just sayin'.......

Moses
January 24th, 2018, 21:04
Oh, it's not even the mods who determine the points? It's the software?

Quantity of infraction points is predeterminated by me, moderators have to choose what point of rules been breached, software will do rest: issue warning, send receipt, count points, suspend user who has more points than it is allowed by limit, release user after time of suspension.

Nirish guy
January 24th, 2018, 21:59
Do you think I care if "anyone on SGT to take your points system seriously"? I don't. .

That's good to know - as I assure you that caring thing ( or not) absolutely works BOTH ways as it seems that most of us don't care about you or your stupid fucking points system EITHER !! Way to go fucking a board up Moses - and as to the Mod's who are "working" for you whilst you do it......well.....

Moses
January 24th, 2018, 22:15
That's good to know - as I assure you that caring thing ( or not) absolutely works BOTH ways as it seems that most of us don't care about you or your stupid fucking points system EITHER !! Way to go fucking a board up Moses - and as to the Mod's who are "working" for you whilst you do it......well.....

Nirish guy
January 24th, 2018, 23:57
What age are you - 6 !?

scottish-guy
January 25th, 2018, 00:28
The best bit so far is a447 conflating the moderators and their utterly childish "system" with the Police !!

I laughed so hard I almost peed!!

Brad the Impala
January 25th, 2018, 01:14
The best bit so far is a447 conflating the moderators and their utterly childish "system" with the Police !!

Well at least they might get a uniform and some extra equipment.

cdnmatt
January 25th, 2018, 02:14

Careful with remarks like that, or you'll get 2 demerit points against your permanent SGT record!

heh, this is fun. :)

Really fucken stupid, but what the hell, let's have some fun with it.

Moses
January 25th, 2018, 02:46
What age are you - 6 !?

sglad
January 25th, 2018, 02:52
Whatever happened to Smiles post where he talked about getting three demerit points from Moses and three points from arsenal? I think it was made after my post (#32) above and arsenal referenced it in his posts (#34 & #36)?

frequent
January 25th, 2018, 05:18
Careful with remarks like that, or you'll get 2 demerit points against your permanent SGT record!

heh, this is fun. :)

Really fucken stupid, but what the hell, let's have some fun with it.

I'm reminded of the accusation that arsenal, a447 and bobsaigon2 make about some of my posts - "trying to wreck the Forum". Evidently they lack mirrors

Oddly enough the same demerit points system also applies to the police when not acting in their official capacity. Not on SGT however - one set of rules for us plebs, no rules at all for the Mods

a447
January 25th, 2018, 05:28

You have misread my post.

I was only referring to the demerit points system, nothing else.

I was merely stating that that system is not confined to teenagers and 12 year olds. The system operates in our daily lives.

For that reason, I specifically added "Just sayin'."

A cheap shot, SG.

Nirish guy
January 25th, 2018, 05:37
Yeah except there are systems in place to stop the police being the judge, jury and executioner there of course so a bit of a difference - mind you as I think most of us are past caring anymore it hardly matters anyway perhaps.

a447
January 25th, 2018, 05:40
I agree.

But that's a different issue.

frequent
January 25th, 2018, 06:07
I agree.

But that's a different issue.

Same, same - but different?

scottish-guy
January 25th, 2018, 07:17
I stand by my post - anybody can see that you blatantly conflated the police "traffic points aggregate system" with the system on this board, and invited members to make the comparison!

My comment is entirely valid as anyone can see and in no way a "cheap shot" - you were simply careless with your language and it was pointed out (as ought to be expected on SGT)

Further, I simply don't believe the rather sneaky implication being planted (not by you specifically) that these demerit points are somehow automatically generated. I believe the only automated part is that when an aggregated total is reached, a sanction is applied.

I know that the implication which has been planted is not explicit but the way the explanation has been worded seems designed to mislead members into believing that it is not in fact the "management" dishing out the demerit points.

So let's have it spelt out with no wishy washy weasel words - WHO decides if there's been a "violation" and WHO awards the points for it?

a447
January 25th, 2018, 07:30
No, I didn't "blatantly" do any such thing.

I specifically quoted matt's reference to how the system, in his view, relates to certain ages.

Here:

"The drivers are all over 12 years old."

and here:

"Some of them are even "folks in their 50s, 60s and 70s."

You are reading something into my posts which isn't there.

Smiles
January 25th, 2018, 12:37
Lier.
And you Dear Moses, certainly have proved that you are an utter twat.
As for me being a lier ... I beg to differ. Actually I'm a proud liar. Kind of like 'Tire' and 'Tyre'.

Moses
January 25th, 2018, 12:47
And you Dear Moses, certainly have proved that you are an utter twat.
As for me being a lier ... I beg to differ. Actually I'm a proud liar. Kind of like 'Tire' and 'Tyre'.

I still can speak on your language much more better than you on mine :p

frequent
January 25th, 2018, 12:54
I still can speak on your language much more better than you on mine :pApposite

Moses
January 25th, 2018, 12:58
Apposite

cdnmatt
January 25th, 2018, 13:47
Great, we have a board owner that speaks in GIFs. Wonderful.

frequent
January 25th, 2018, 13:50
Great, we have a board owner that speaks in GIFs. Wonderful.Nazi-themed GIFs

scottish-guy
January 25th, 2018, 14:27
Always good to see the late great Werner Klemperer though - let's give him that - although John Banner as Sgt Schulz with his catchphrase of "I know nuzzink" might have been a more apposite reference than Col Klink

Didn't know the Russians looked on the WW2 Germans so kindly - it's certainly not reciprocated in Germany.

Moses
January 25th, 2018, 15:45
Great, we have a board owner that speaks in GIFs. Wonderful.

Aren't you blind? Are you?

gerefan2
January 25th, 2018, 17:45
Aren't you blind? Are you?

He is as blind as he is 36 years old! Gimme a point pleaseeeee

christianpfc
January 27th, 2018, 21:04
We're not 12 years old.
But some behave so.

scottish-guy
January 27th, 2018, 22:12
..We're not 12 years old.

But some behave so.

I agree there Christian, but a valid question is whether it's the members or the management "team" which comprise the "some"

:mocking_mini: