PDA

View Full Version : Electricity Pattaya

vnman
January 16th, 2018, 22:58
Because I'm in Europe at the moment, i cannot seem to get accurate prices.

I need to know the kwh price on the highest tier. It's residential.

Can anyone check his bill :-) ?

Tnx

cdnmatt
January 17th, 2018, 01:00
Asked Leo, and he was unable to find a rate on our last electric bill. Sorry.

All I can say is if at all possible, ensure you get billed directly from the utility company, and not the condo / house owner.

christianpfc
January 17th, 2018, 09:32
The electricity company charges around 3.5 THB/kWh (exact number depends on consumption).
However most landlords charge 7 or 8 THB/kWh.

frequent
January 17th, 2018, 10:50
The electricity company charges around 3.5 THB/kWh (exact number depends on consumption).
However most landlords charge 7 or 8 THB/kWh.It's fairly common for landlords to advertise the electricity and water charges on some sites eg.thaiapartment

frequent
January 17th, 2018, 11:06
Because I'm in Europe at the moment, i cannot seem to get accurate prices. http://www.eria.org/events/Power%20Tariff%20Structure%20in%20Thailand.pdf

francois
January 17th, 2018, 11:09
My most recent bill was 3.8 TB/KWH not including 7% tax.

billyhouston
January 17th, 2018, 20:02
Here in Chiang Mai, we pay Bht 3.86 per kWh inclusive of 7% VAT.

christianpfc
January 18th, 2018, 09:39
The two posts above pay directly to electricity company.

I pay 7 THB/kWh to my landlord.

vnman
January 18th, 2018, 22:57
Yeah, the owner of the house is my friend and he pays directly to company. He's in Europe to and doesn't remember either. I know there are tiers. So I will be scaled in the highest. So that is the price i am looking for.

4 bt would be pretty decent, but I'm not sure that is for the highest tier.

cdnmatt
January 18th, 2018, 23:48
There's no tiers if you pay the electric company directly. Do you / your friend get a little 4x6 bill put into your mailbox every month? If so, you're paying the electric company directly, and there are no tiers.

Also, if you're looking to save on electric, ensure you get your A/Cs properly maintained at least once if not twice a year. For example, the last time we had our cleaned we were getting about 7500 baht/month electric bills. The maintenance cost 3000 baht for all 4 A/Cs, and our next electric will was I think about 3200 baht. Just that one electric bill was enough savings to cover the cost of A/C maintenace.

vnman
January 19th, 2018, 00:25
Yes, we do get that little paper and my friend pays from Europe. I know for sure that the KWh price goes up when we use more. That I have noticed more than once. We are talking about a townhouse with no management or something a like.

We installed an extra meter last year to be able to differentiate between what the people who he sublets a floor to use.

But again, he pays directly to the energy company.

I might add that I want to setup a few alt coin mining rigs. Nothing to big. Now, i'm not looking to discus this, it's just to make you understand why I would like to know.

cdnmatt
January 19th, 2018, 01:08
Ohhh, ok. Why people would setup alt-coin mining rigs is beyond me. Seems like a lot of effort for such a potential short-term gain.

Your life though, so up to you. :)

mahjongguy
January 19th, 2018, 06:38
"There's no tiers if you pay the electric company directly."

Of course there are tiers.
http://www.mea.or.th/en/profile/109/111

francois
January 19th, 2018, 14:46
Yes, there seems to be tiers. Last month my bill was 3.8/KWH but this month 3.6 /KWH due to a much lower consumption.

vnman
January 20th, 2018, 18:54
Thanks guys.

That was all i wanted to know.