PDA

View Full Version : Stow-a-ways on your bike?

FarangRuMak
January 13th, 2018, 01:19
If a foreigner sans visa/real passport is found on your motorbike at a police checkpoint for instance or (more unlikely) in your Condo can you be implicated in a case of aiding and abetting illegal migration?
Just wondering as I drive around Pattaya and see an increase in police checkpoints.
Maybe better to send your foreign 'Off' off on a mocyk taxi cos though 99.99% of Mamasans are honest brokers there might be a few black sheep among them. Huh.

christianpfc
January 13th, 2018, 13:06
On first reading I thought you are talking about Farang friends who travel with you or hang out at your place, and on second reading I realized you mean money boys from countries other than Thailand.

I am not aware of any case where entertaining a moneyboy with visa issues caused a problem for the Farang.

FarangRuMak
January 13th, 2018, 14:56
Now that you mention foreign friends it would apply to them also.
However I don't mix with the illegal types as far as I know; I assume their immigration status is ok.
The present requirement to register your accomodation address is to tackle the issue of foreigners living annonymously and thus being a security risk, I think.

scottish-guy
January 13th, 2018, 15:06
I have what I regard as a very healthy dislike and disrespect for authority and laws.

All "illegal" moneyboys are welcome to grace my theoretical bike (and bed) if they are sufficiently attracive.

Nirish guy
January 13th, 2018, 16:22
Apparently the very presence of one Cdnmatt in KK disproves that illusion of their high security procedures working somewhat !?

Although to be fair I think the only risk his presence there raises is one more to himself that others perhaps.

FarangRuMak
January 14th, 2018, 06:37
I have what I regard as a very healthy dislike and disrespect for authority and laws.

All "illegal" moneyboys are welcome to grace my theoretical bike (and bed) if they are sufficiently attracive.
Me too.
But that's not the issue.
The point is that if you are found to be the host of an undocumented migrant in your condo or on your bike are you responsible.

neddy3
January 14th, 2018, 06:41
The point is that if you are found to be the host of an undocumented migrant in your condo or on your bike are you responsible.

A very good question.
I'd prefer not to be in a situation where this might be tested.

frequent
January 14th, 2018, 06:43
But that's not the issue. The point is that if you are found to be the host of an undocumented migrant in your condo or on your bike are you responsible.What are the circumstances in which you are found to be the host ...? It's so unlikely as to be ignored for all practical purposes

neddy3
January 14th, 2018, 06:48
More likely to happen on a motorbike, I would have thought.
Random police checks seem to be a bit more common.

frequent
January 14th, 2018, 06:57
More likely to happen on a motorbike, I would have thought.Random police checks seem to be a bit more common.That's every sensible person safe then

FarangRuMak
January 14th, 2018, 06:57
What are the circumstances in which you are found to be the host ...? It's so unlikely as to be ignored for all practical purposes
If you own the Condo for instance.
If you have a lease on the room.
Etc.

frequent
January 14th, 2018, 07:10
If you own the Condo for instance.
If you have a lease on the room.
Etc.
Those are not circumstances in which you are found to be the host

FarangRuMak
January 14th, 2018, 07:23
If you own the Condo you are not the Host of your guest/guests?

frequent
January 14th, 2018, 07:31
If you own the Condo you are not the Host of your guest/guests?That is not a circumstance where you are found to be the host. A circumstance would be if, for example, the Immigration police come knocking at your door. What are the circumstances under which you are found to be harbouring an illegal immigrant might occur? Immigration police knocking on my door has never, ever happened in all the years I've been living in Thailand

scottish-guy
January 14th, 2018, 14:52
I agree that technically and in extreme circumstances there's an outside risk that one might be suspected of aiding an illegal immigrant - but I'd contend that the chances are about as likely as if you were charged with aiding and abetting prostitution by hiring a run of the mill go-go boy.

I posed the latter technically possible scenario months/years ago on this board and was I was roundly pooh-poohed (note to Latin: pooh-poohing has nothing to do with sexual perversions, so don't start :D) - so I expect the usual suspects to direct the same amount of pooh-pooh towards the OP in this case.

gerefan2
January 14th, 2018, 15:07
What a load of nonsense. If you put him on a random motor bike Taxi is that driver liable??

frequent
January 14th, 2018, 15:18
- but I'd contend that the chances are about as likely as if you were charged with aiding and abetting prostitution by hiring a run of the mill go-go boyOr by running a Forum dedicated to older first world sodomites visiting a third world country to consort with younger prostitutes?

arsenal
January 14th, 2018, 15:45
Well the sodomites (awesome word) are unlikely to travel all that way to consort with older prostitutes.

scottish-guy
January 14th, 2018, 16:57
Since we are being technical - wouldn't you actually have to be a resident of Sodom (difficult) to qualify as a true Sodomite?

Anybody else, as Lord Queensberry famously wrote, is merely "posing as a Sodomite"

:D

arsenal
January 14th, 2018, 17:36
Poseurs and sodomites are a plenty to be found in most gay orientated places placed throughout the Orient..

frequent
January 14th, 2018, 20:45
Well the sodomites (awesome word) are unlikely to travel all that way to consort with older prostitutes.But that's precisely what a447 boasts that he does

frequent
January 14th, 2018, 20:52
Since we are being technical - wouldn't you actually have to be a resident of Sodom (difficult) to qualify as a true Sodomite?

Anybody else, as Lord Queensberry famously wrote, is merely "posing as a Sodomite"

:D
Do get it right Scotty. Queensberry actually wrote "posing as a somdomite"

scottish-guy
January 14th, 2018, 21:06
That's the problem with the English upper-classes - they were so busy at public school buggering the youngest ones and toasting muffins held between the buttocks over an open fire, that they never learned to spell properly

poshglasgow
January 14th, 2018, 22:06
..."and toasting muffins held between the buttocks over an open fire..."

Ah but were those muffins ever Eton??

Doug
January 15th, 2018, 09:14
I'm disappointed. From the topic heading, I thought this was to be a discussion of the lack of carrying space unlike the bikes of old. A basket up front and space under the seat seems all but gone. Hooking 3 full grocery bags on the peg and trying to control said bag with your feet while having another bag slung over the handle bar interfering with the brake is a nightmare. But I guess the Thai boys don't look cool with a basket. Pining for the good ole days.

frequent
January 15th, 2018, 12:44
That's the problem with the English upper-classes - The Marquess of Queensberry is a Scottish title (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquess_of_Queensberry)

... they were so busy at public school buggering the youngest ones and toasting muffins held between the buttocks over an open fire, that they never learned to spell properlyThe 9th Marquess was educated in the training ships Illustrious and Britannia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Douglas,_9th_Marquess_of_Queensberry) at Portsmouth. Not a muffin in sight, although you'd think he'd know all about the "proud" traditions of the Royal Navy as listed by Churchill when First Lord - "rum, sodomy and the lash (http://www.thisdayinquotes.com/2010/08/rum-sodomy-and-lash-winston-churchills.html)"

frequent
January 15th, 2018, 12:48
I'm disappointed. From the topic heading, I thought this was to be a discussion of the lack of carrying space unlike the bikes of old. A basket up front and space under the seat seems all but gone. Hooking 3 full grocery bags on the peg and trying to control said bag with your feet while having another bag slung over the handle bar interfering with the brake is a nightmare. But I guess the Thai boys don't look cool with a basket. Pining for the good ole days.Surely a bicycle with a basket (https://www.liv-cycling.com/global/campaigns/things-we-carry) is reserved for women?

FarangRuMak
January 16th, 2018, 01:38
A retired Br Merchant Navy seadog (now retired in Thailand) told me that whereas Sodomy was rear, hand jobs were not rare and were carried out by the new Deck Hands hence the name 'hand job'.

Nirish guy
January 16th, 2018, 01:50
Sodomy was rear .

I would have thought that rear was a prerequisite for sodomy no ? :)

FarangRuMak
January 16th, 2018, 02:17
I would have thought that rear was a prerequisite for sodomy no ? :)
And you would have been right.

scottish-guy
January 16th, 2018, 05:59
The Marquess of Queensberry is a Scottish title

Yes those English upper classes who are of Scots descent are the worst of the lot :D