PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at Deli Diner.

arsenal
January 12th, 2018, 15:01
The lobster soup to start. Rich and fishy with a deep flavour and a beautiful terracotta colour it was sumptuous and satisfying. Pork chop with Provencale sauce.The pork was cooked nicely with crisp fat and soft well flavoured meat. However the ratio of fat to lean was on the high side for me. Decent Provencale sauce, well flavoured with tomato and garlic but could have been reduced a bit more as it was a touch too thin. Strawberry ice cream. Good quality ice cream with a greasy strawberry taste. Garnished with fresh cream and a napping of strawberry sauce. Total bill including water and tip was 380 baht. Excellent value.

frequent
January 12th, 2018, 15:04
... and a napping of strawberry sauce.Were you once the script writer for Posh Nosh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posh_Nosh)?

arsenal
January 12th, 2018, 15:16
I wish.

frequent
January 12th, 2018, 15:21
I wish.The Riesling remark is one of my favourites

arsenal
January 12th, 2018, 15:49
Haven't seen it. It's on my absolute wish list. Several decades ago as a student I worked at a restaurant run by a couple just like that. They thought their Glamorgan sausages (cheese and potato, deep fried in breadcrumbs) served with boiling jam would have the food critics beating the door down.

gerefan2
January 12th, 2018, 18:27
Yes I had exactly the same in there last night. Very good except for the amount of fat, as you say.

Spoilt only by a smoker sat less than a foot from me who asked if he could smoke whilst I was eating the main course.

I refused and the second I finished he lit up....I moved immediately and I hope he got the point.

arsenal
January 12th, 2018, 22:25
That wasn't me.

arsenal
January 14th, 2018, 20:43
Beautiful photos of lovely food.