PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back!! Gaythailand is officially unblocked

July 22nd, 2006, 00:04
Yesterday afternoon, the administrator of http://www.gaythailand.com heard from the blocking agency that the block was lifted.

The issues???

No display of prominent bulges, covered or not, are allowed and no ass shots.

God they will be blocking freddie jundebergs CK undies ads on the billboards next!

wowpow
July 22nd, 2006, 07:32
I wonder if our esteemed Grand Poobah is considering a similar route. It would certainly improve the readership and contributions from the Thailand based. There are plenty of place to go for photos of ass and the bulging crotch.

UncleSam
July 22nd, 2006, 10:13
I agree 100% withTeePee that SF should take the same route as Gaythailand - get its act cleaned up - to get the ban lifted for posting from within Thailand.

There are very few knowledgeable expats left here who post with experience and skill. Only 2 locals do most of the posting - one is usually too incoherent to be good reading and the other just copies newspapers to post here.

If this place remains blocked to locals who know Thailand, its finished. You cant run this place from the US, Uk or Canada, no matter how many names you use, and be successful if locals have to jump through hoops to read and post.

July 22nd, 2006, 10:30
I agree 100% withTeePee that SF should take the same route as Gaythailand - get its act cleaned up - to get the ban lifted for posting from within Thailand.

There are very few knowledgeable expats left here who post with experience and skill. Only 2 locals do most of the posting - one is usually too incoherent to be good reading and the other just copies newspapers to post here.

If this place remains blocked to locals who know Thailand, its finished. You cant run this place from the US, Uk or Canada, no matter how many names you use, and be successful if locals have to jump through hoops to read and post.

Possibly the photo' album does have some part to play in the blocking of the board from within Thailand. However, I suggest the block has more to do with the content of the forum rather than the nude pic's which are only available to members who request to join that particular album. The content of the forum, which we all know is wide and diverse, should in no way be curtailed, a ban on free speech on the internet is not something you should be considering.

wowpow
July 22nd, 2006, 11:11
Uncle Sam - One plastered and one pasted!

Fatman - There has been no mention of problems with the forum contents or curtailing free speech. I wonder how you came to that conclusion? I note that the raunchy CFS site is not banned though it has been in the past. My belief is that with freedom comes responsibilty and people who cannot write responsibly need assistance and correction.

July 22nd, 2006, 13:26
I have no malice in my question here, but please explain, other than by deleting nudie pics, how the board can be altered to allow for the block to be lifted. If, as you say, you want people to act responsibly in the forums, that is fine, but I do not see how that can be achieved. Spike will delete any posts which are insulting to the Thai Royal Family (and some other posts), but otherwise the board and it's members are free to post whatever they like. To ask the board to 'get it's act cleaned up', as Uncle Sam suggests, is neither helpful or clear, what exactly is being asked of the board members or of Spike? If we are being asked not to discuss such things as bars, Thai guys, corruption, mafiosi or anything else that could be seen as detrimental to the 'image' of Thailand, then I think you will be left with a pretty dull board and a dwindling membership. I suggested in my previous post that maybe the nude pics have something to do with the block, but more likely is the content of the Forums and as stated, I do not believe these should be affected in anyway. Although, I wouldn't mind blocking a few of those who find it amusing to themselves (and only themselves) to constantly post one line put downs of other posters.

July 22nd, 2006, 13:50
The censorship board does not have the time or inclination to inspect anything other than images -- unless someone specifically complains about a site's written content.

July 22nd, 2006, 16:21
Sawatdee forum appears to be unblocked in Thailand already. I have been using it for several days now without going through the poxy proxy.

Let's hope it lasts.

wowpow
July 22nd, 2006, 17:22
Justin is absolutely correct. The forum is currently unblocked in Thailand. It was not yesterday or this morning from my computer. Let's hope it stays that way!

UncleSam
July 23rd, 2006, 13:04
or inclination to inspect anything other than images -- unless someone specifically complains about a site's written content."

Now how would you know that . . . . . . unless you've been complaining again ?

Are you that angry . . . . . or that careless ?

hehehehehe.......

July 23rd, 2006, 13:10
or inclination to inspect anything other than images -- unless someone specifically complains about a site's written content."

Now how would you know that . . . . . . unless you've been complaining again ?

Are you that angry . . . . . or that careless ?

hehehehehe.......

What would you know, having only been here less than ten days?

July 26th, 2006, 20:34
it is still blocked today, 26th of July. I am using TRUE internet