PDA

View Full Version : Sorry gentlemen

joe552
December 30th, 2017, 14:16
I've been looking at my budget for my holiday, and have decided I can't take the added expense of a trip to KK to see Matt. My daily spend will be about 2000Bt.

You can say what you like here, and I expect plenty of scorn but c'est la vie.

Sorry Matt to disappoint you.

neddy3
December 30th, 2017, 14:54
As I said about the meeting of Matt and Joe, it will never happen.

francois
December 30th, 2017, 15:18
Like all of us thought, never happen. Another tall tale.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 15:20
We know that Joe's budget is limited - why can't one of the board's many self-declared multi millionaires step up to the plate and rescue the Matt Mission

bobsaigon2
December 30th, 2017, 16:11
Would it have made any difference?

Blood tests, DNA sample, finger prints, torture by water board - -no matter what means Joe employed, there would still be some board members saying there was no way to prove conclusively anything about the author of the KK / Lao Tales. Only an in person observation on a daily basis over a period of time could settle the matter - and then there would still be those who reject the findings of that observer.

So, just enjoy your Pattaya days, Joe. Board members can continue to believe, or not, what Matt reports of his adventurous life. Shalom.

joe552
December 30th, 2017, 16:36
Look, you can all say what you like about me - at the end of the day most of you are random internet characters who I'll never know are real or not. Your opinion of me matters not a jot. So have at it.

I've apologised to Matt by email. That's all I feel I need to do. The invitation to join me at Green Chairs on 9 January still stands.

joe552
December 30th, 2017, 16:48
And if it's so important, why have none of you residents of Pattaya or Bangkok offered to make the trip? Or someone like a447, whose daily spend makes my eyes water?

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2017, 16:53
hahaha.... just so everyone remembers, this was Joe's idea initially, I simply agreed to meet. He's the cause of this ongoing ~3 month shitstorm, not me.

frequent
December 30th, 2017, 16:55
And if it's so important, why have none of you residents of Pattaya or Bangkok offered to make the trip?Moses wants to turn the Forum into a travelogue; it seems obvious he should fund the trip provided Joe writes about it in great detail

francois
December 30th, 2017, 17:08
Look, you can all say what you like about me - at the end of the day most of you are random internet characters who I'll never know are real or not. Your opinion of me matters not a jot. So have at it.

Joe, there may be some that are not "real" but so many are. Ones I know of are myself, Smiles, Neddy, MFAS, jellybean, a447, newallan, come to mind.

Based on their posts, there is Arsenal, bobsaigon, NIrishguy,and others.

francois
December 30th, 2017, 17:10
And if it's so important, why have none of you residents of Pattaya or Bangkok offered to make the trip? Or someone like a447, whose daily spend makes my eyes water?

Others have tried to meet Matt but to no avail. He gave them the slip.

neddy3
December 30th, 2017, 17:18
Matt is not for meeting.

How can you meet a character from a crappy novel?

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2017, 17:27
Like all of us thought, never happen. Another tall tale.

Hey, don't put this shit on me. I just got the e-mail about Joe cancelling myself minutes before he made this thread.

Joe, did I ever give any inclination whatsoever that I was unwilling to meet, or about to cancel? No, right?

a447
December 30th, 2017, 17:38
Don't worry about it, Joe.

I gathered that there were times when you had doubts as to whether or not to make the trip. In the end, I think you've made the right decision. You've only got a limited amount of time in Thailand so why waste two days and travel time just to meet a total stranger - one who, given his past form - would probably stand you up at the last minute.

And despite what Brad thinks,I don't think it really matters whether his stories are true. As I've said many times, he's just playing a game and some of us are joining in.

I won't bother much with his future stories; I think I've had a gut full now.

Oh, and btw, I don't spend that amount of money every single night. Sometimes I have a relatively quiet night with my regular guy. We go out for dinner, have a few drinks and then go back to the hotel.

As others have pointed out, it's not hard to spend up big these days in Thailand.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 17:39
Define "real" - do you merely mean they exist or that they are who they say they are?

joe552
December 30th, 2017, 18:12
Joe, there may be some that are not "real" but so many are. Ones I know of are myself, Smiles, Neddy, MFAS, jellybean, a447, newallan, come to mind.

Based on their posts, there is Arsenal, bobsaigon, NIrishguy,and others.

francois, I have been in touch via PM with maybe half a dozen members, and believe them to be genuine people. These include NIrish, scottish-guy, Smiles, Ronan, colmx and bobsaigon

Ronan and colmx and are planning a meet in Pattaya o the 14th.

Matt - I'm still not sure about, but lean toward believing he's a genuine guy, but just very naive.

As for the rest, who know?

sglad
December 30th, 2017, 19:07
Don't worry about it, Joe...

And despite what Brad thinks,I don't think it really matters whether his stories are true. As I've said many times, he's just playing a game and some of us are joining in.

Ohh? Found someone else to stalk and harrass in 2018, have you?

sglad
December 30th, 2017, 19:10
I won't bother much with his future stories; I think I've had a gut full now.

That gut has been full for quite a while now...and showing.

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2017, 19:16
And despite what Brad thinks,I don't think it really matters whether his stories are true.

If it doesn't matter, then why did you spend the better part of a year running around the board harassing my every typo, especially during one of the worst times in my life?

Worthless sack of shit...

Nirish guy
December 30th, 2017, 19:20
Joe, visit or no visit aside the one thing you are absolutely correct about is not do ANYTHING which might spoil or put stress on YOUR Holiday.

If for you that means spending too much cash to go on a side trip then so be it, don't even give it a another second thought as it all matters not a jot.

I think whether Matt "i.e as a real living person" actually lives and exists in KK or not now is fairly much irrelevant as most people, just as A447 has already mentioned, have now already reached a fairly clear position on his usual dramatic M.O. and have heard enough of his tales of 'his life" to have now reached their own conclusions about whether to take that on board as genuine or not.

Likewise they may have just decided that he's someone who's either trolling on a continual basis for attention / shit and giggles or is just some emotionally retarded person who's living there like that as he can't actually function out there in the real world anymore and so who has allowed his world to become some sad Walter Mitty type zone to convince himself he's actually got a life of any sort at all still and is now just ripe to be one of life's "victims" at various points - all to add to the drama of his non life.

Either way as I said dont let it alter your plans one bit as in the bigger scheme of things it matters not a jot. But one thing you should do now perhaps is let the whole visit topic drop entirely and just dont raise it again unless you DO decide that you're going after all and then stick to that plan or god forbid you just might start looking like a player in "Walter Mitty 2 - The Bullshitter Returns" ! :-) ( Which btw I dont think is the case so far and I believe your cash concerns are genuine.)

gerefan2
December 30th, 2017, 19:24
If it doesn't matter, then why did you spend the better part of a year running around the board harassing my every typo, ..

Because machines don’t make typos???

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2017, 19:56
I use a keyboard, same as you.

pennyboy
December 30th, 2017, 20:56

As someone who is a non believer in the trials and tribulations of Matt I really don't think it's at all important and I could not give a FF whether you go to KK or not. It was predicted by some that the meeting would not take place and they have been proved right.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 21:18

Because machines don’t make typos???

Ever watched BBC News 24 subtitles?

"Error-strewn" would be minimising it

a447
December 30th, 2017, 21:23
If it doesn't matter, then why did you spend the better part of a year running around the board harassing my every typo, especially during one of the worst times in my life?

Matt, you know as well as I do that apart from the very beginning of your 'I'm blind!' saga, when your obviously highly contrived 'typos' were proof enough for me that you were not blind, I only ever asked for explanations of those typos. You never offered any explanation but instead, carried on making them in thread after thread, all over the board. You couldn't just stick to one thread. You felt the need to spread yourself around in case someone missed your life story.

So I wasn't harassing you all year. But I did ask you for an explanation each time you made those silly 'mistakes'.

And after a year I see you still refuse to explain.

There are posters who have 'harassed' you much more than me and let a longer period. Strangely, they do not appear on your radar.

So not only are your typos contrived; so is your 'anger' towards me.

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2017, 21:25
I've explained to you how a screen reader works probably 80 different times, you thick headed idiot.

a447
December 30th, 2017, 21:40
I've explained to you how a screen reader works probably 80 different times, you thick headed idiot.

But you know very well that that is not the question I asked.

It was how you managed to type a long line of consonants if your keyboard sounded out each letter, as you said it did.

What were you hearing as you typed?

That was the question.

a447
December 30th, 2017, 21:45
Ohh? Found someone else to stalk and harrass in 2018, have you?

Well, rest assured it won't be you.

I would never write a harsh word about a fellow Australian. That would be letting the side down.

As I told you before, sglad, we Aussies have to stick together!

joe552
December 30th, 2017, 21:52
NIrish, thanks for your post. I appreciate your comments.

I will take your advice and make a last post on this subject. For the record, Matt never gave me any indication that he was reluctant to meet me. He even suggested a decent hotel for me to stay in.

My decision is purely financial. So unless one of you ask me a direct question, I won't post on this again.

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2017, 22:07
But you know very well that that is not the question I asked.

It was how you managed to type a long line of consonants if your keyboard sounded out each letter, as you said it did.

What were you hearing as you typed?

That was the question.

Once again, you numb skull....

More than likely, I was tired, drunk, stressed, and decided just to type at my previous speed that I was used to.

I've since learned, I can no longer type that fast, because then I can't hear the keys I'm pressing. All it takes is one small offset of your fingers, and you're typing absolute gibberish. It's a learning process, and quite obviously, I'm good at it now.

pennyboy
December 31st, 2017, 01:13
. So unless one of you ask me a direct question, I won't post on this again.

Well, at least some good has come out of this saga.

DrewSpz
December 31st, 2017, 01:25
I'm real. I've given my name and Facebook info before. Hahahhahaa

Halfhansum
December 31st, 2017, 01:55
Sometimes I wonder if I am for real ...

gerefan2
December 31st, 2017, 02:15
More than likely, I was tired, drunk, stressed, and decided just to type at my previous speed that I was used to

CdnMitty...isn’t there an app or something that you just dictate into (like SMS)?

RonanTheBarbarian
December 31st, 2017, 03:02
Joe, I’m sorry to hear that you will not be going to Khon Kaen.

But, as Nirish said, the main thing is that you can enjoy your holiday and if you feel it’s the not the right thing for you I support your decision to not go.

I was pleased when I heard a while ago that you were planning to visit, because the existence of Matt and the truth or otherwise of his stories have been such a long running saga on the board for years, I thought it might change the discussion a bit if somebody were to meet him in person and was able to report back.

I would have been up for going to visit myself during my holiday next month but I have now made arrangements to visit Hua Hin, as well as Pattaya and Bangkok, so I won’t change them at this stage. Perhaps in my next visit if Matt is still in Khon Kaen I will make my way there, no doubt my account of the trip would be quite the sensation on SGT.

cdnmatt
December 31st, 2017, 04:02
CdnMitty...isn’t there an app or something that you just dictate into (like SMS)?

No, blind people don't use speech-to-text. We use screen readers.

Well, I guess I use speech-to-text on my iPhone via Siri, but computer is screen reader.

TaoR
December 31st, 2017, 04:20
I think the forum should start a GoFundMe campaign to raise the necessary funds for Joe to travel to KK; as it has been a topic of great importance these last few months it is only appropriate to see this saga to its successful conclusion.

Brad the Impala
December 31st, 2017, 05:17
Matt, you know as well as I do that apart from the very beginning of your 'I'm blind!' saga, when your obviously highly contrived 'typos' were proof enough for me that you were not blind, I only ever asked for explanations of those typos.

Oh please! You even ended up asking him to post his medical records!

a447
December 31st, 2017, 06:25
More than likely, I was tired, drunk, stressed, and decided just to type at my previous speed that I was used to.

No, you couldn't have been suffering from any of those conditions -the first and last paragraphs were free of typos.

As for the "small offset of your fingers", how can your typos contain letters which are not anywhere near each other on the keyboard? How, for example, can a 'w' be typed instead of an "k"? That has to be deliberate.

And if it's deliberate, then your not blind.

So, who is the "numb skull"?

a447
December 31st, 2017, 06:36
Oh please! You even ended up asking him to post his medical records!

Really? Where did I ask for his medical records?

I asked him to post a couple of words; viz. "optic nerve" or "vision".

If you think some words constitutes his "medical records", then so be it.

Frankly, given your poor comprehension skills so often demonstrated here, it doesn't surprise me at all.

frequent
December 31st, 2017, 07:44
Really? Where did I ask for his medical records?

I asked him to post a couple of words; viz. "optic nerve" or "vision".

If you think some words constitutes his "medical records", then so be it.

Frankly, given your poor comprehension skills so often demonstrated here, it doesn't surprise me at all.

No improvement in your OCD then a447?

latintopxxx
December 31st, 2017, 08:21
a447 must be back on his meds...he's powering away at full speed.

cdnmatt
December 31st, 2017, 09:48
No, you couldn't have been suffering from any of those conditions -the first and last paragraphs were free of typos.

As for the "small offset of your fingers", how can your typos contain letters which are not anywhere near each other on the keyboard? How, for example, can a 'w' be typed instead of an "k"? That has to be deliberate.

And if it's deliberate, then your not blind.

So, who is the "numb skull"?

Wow, this is quite amazing. For a while there, you were sounding quite nervous that Joe was going to confirm I am who I say. You even tried to figure out a way to slither your way out of an apology by requesting my medical records.

Hours after Joe cancels the meet though, you back peddle completely, and are right back at it.

You truly are an amazing piece of shit. Don't think I've ever encountered someone quite like you before.

goji
December 31st, 2017, 11:47
I believe the train from Bangkok to KK should be about 300 baht. You can probably get a nice hotel for under 1000.

cdnmatt
December 31st, 2017, 12:43
I recommended him a hotel for 600/night, which is an excellent hotel I can vouch for as I previously lived there for months myself.

I also know of hotels with A/C for 300/night if wanted, but not as nice obviously.

Smiles
December 31st, 2017, 12:48
" ... You can probably get a nice hotel for under 1000."
Absolutely. A couple of years ago we dragged our asses into Kon Khaen after a long drive from Chiang Mai. We stopped at the nearest one-story building which had a 'Hotel' sign on it. At 300 baht it was just fine with the must-have amenities (for instance, I draw the line at a squat toilet) although the walls looked a bit paper mache-ish. Best thing is that it was just around a corner from a large Tawan Daeng music and dance night club. That was an unexpected delight.
Kon Khaen is cheap Joe.

joe552
December 31st, 2017, 13:41
See, if I change my mind again, I'll just get laughed at (not a new phenomenon)

cdnmatt
December 31st, 2017, 14:24
No Joe, don't change your decision again. This is the 3rd time I think now.

joe552
December 31st, 2017, 14:32
Don't worry Matt. I won't be changing it. I'll be staying in Pattaya.

a447
December 31st, 2017, 15:18
No Joe, don't change your decision again. This is the 3rd time I think now.

Sorry, Matt. Who did you say was sounding nervous?

frequent
December 31st, 2017, 15:34
Sorry, Matt. Who did you say was sounding nervous?Why don't you ask your fellow Moderator, the one who styles himself "Caligula"? He's an absolute whizz at knowing what posters really mean, their mood when they post, and on an altogether different plane, whether other people he's never met are really in love

cdnmatt
December 31st, 2017, 15:42
Sorry, Matt. Who did you say was sounding nervous?

Not nervous at all. Just tired of Joe's ~3 months of bullshit decision changing, while I have more than enough in my life to prepare and plan without worrying if he's going to come have a few beers with me.

joe552
December 31st, 2017, 16:09
I don't blame you at all for feeling like that Matt. I've messed you around and I'm sorry.

cdnmatt
December 31st, 2017, 19:51
No worries joe. I'll give my dogs a hug from you in a little over 3 hours when the fireworks really start popping off.

Already let them on my bed, because there's people setting off a firework here and there already. Just wait about 3 hours, and they'll be absolutely terrified and won't go more than 2 inches from me,. I'll give them a hug for you.

francois
December 31st, 2017, 22:11
[QUOTE=cdnmatt;234392 I'll give them a hug for you.[/QUOTE]

No doubt the dogs will appreciate that. Have a Happy New Year or rather, Bonne année,

Andaman!
January 1st, 2018, 00:19
Perhaps Matt could sell a few Bitcoin and hire a car so that Leo could drive him and the dogs to Pattaya for a few days during which they could appear as surprise guests at the Green Chairs soirée on the 9th?

cdnmatt
January 1st, 2018, 01:46
Perhaps Matt could sell a few Bitcoin and hire a car so that Leo could drive him and the dogs to Pattaya for a few days during which they could appear as surprise guests at the Green Chairs soirée on the 9th?

Yeah... ummm.... no. Again, it was Joe's idea to meet, not mine. I just agreed.

I have a TON of expenses coming up right around the corner, to the tune of probably around 1 million baht. And I don't have 1 million baht on hand right now, so I have to come up with it, and quickly.

frequent
January 1st, 2018, 06:12
I have a TON of expenses coming up right around the corner, to the tune of probably around 1 million baht. And I don't have 1 million baht on hand right now, so I have to come up with it, and quickly.Surely that's little more than one of your vast store of Bitcoin?

francois
January 1st, 2018, 15:49

Yes, that would be a surprise; or maybe not!!

dab69
January 2nd, 2018, 11:12
Aww Joe just ask him if you can rent Matt's tent.

Win/win.

christianpfc
January 4th, 2018, 09:11
I've been looking at my budget for my holiday, and have decided I can't take the added expense of a trip to KK to see Matt. My daily spend will be about 2000Bt.
I don't see the contradiction. Actually, the life I live, going to KK for a few days break from Pattaya would save me money.

joe552
January 4th, 2018, 10:25
christian, the extra expense would be the cost of getting to KK (however I travelled) plus the hotel. Not a huge amount of money, but unnecessary given the situation I'm in.

Magnum
January 4th, 2018, 10:41
Joe, your trip to KK would be a real experience you will remember for years. Pattaya is just business as usual. Take a boy with you and have this adventure in the North!

joe552
January 4th, 2018, 13:11
Magnum, Matt wouldn't forgive me for changing my mind yet again. So I'm staying in Pattaya.