PDA

View Full Version : A fool and his money...

joe552
December 29th, 2017, 09:16
Can you believe this story?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/vicar-left-homeless-broke-after-11764110

bobsaigon2
December 29th, 2017, 10:28
Had the vicar come to SGT with his intention, before he married, he would have received a plethora of cogent advice explaining in detail why his plans were lacking in sound judgment. And then, human beings being what they are, he would have rejected the expert opinions received from SGT members and would have proceeded merrily on his way to make arrangements for the honeymoon, proving once again that one is never too old behave foolishly.

FarangRuMak
December 29th, 2017, 20:43
I know that the ratio of gays to straights is about 10/1 so the sucker marriages should be about the same but I think they're not because the straights are bigger suckers than the gays.

FarangRuMak
December 29th, 2017, 21:08
I know that the ratio of gays to straights is about 10/1 so the sucker marriages should be about the same but I think they're not because the straights are bigger suckers than the gays.

Opps that should read straights to gays...of course

goji
December 29th, 2017, 22:40
One very cute lad, but buying a flat in his name? How dumb can people be ?

Although, the clergy are not exactly trained in rational thought processes, since they have a career at the opposite end of the spectrum.

FarangRuMak
December 31st, 2017, 04:20
One very cute lad, but buying a flat in his name? How dumb can people be ?

Although, the clergy are not exactly trained in rational thought processes, since they have a career at the opposite end of the spectrum.
Correct.
They believe that God created heaven and earth because it is so stated in the bible and the bible is the word of God.
The boy said he loved me and I believed him because he said so.
Once you gyrate within circular thinking you never leave.

arsenal
December 31st, 2017, 06:21
There's no fool like an old fool and top of the fools tree are sad and lonely gay men who insist their 'boyfriend' several decades younger than them really really loves him.

frequent
December 31st, 2017, 06:24
There's no fool like an old fool and top of the fools tree are ssd snd lonely gay men who insist their 'boyfriend' several decades younger than them really really loves him.So you're saying that in any relationship where there's an age difference there's no genuine love? Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch, say?

arsenal
December 31st, 2017, 12:44
No. Rupert and Jerry are so clearly soulmates and in love that.........no, can't continue, too busy tying to keep a straight face.

scottish-guy
December 31st, 2017, 15:53
It's perfectly possible to have a genuine relationship with someone who is decades younger (in our case 3 decades, not the 5 of the Vicar and his unofficial Verger) - but I accept it is rare.

In this case the Vicar obviously threw all his eggs in the one basket as, at 78, he probably thought this was his last chance at happiness after a lifetime of hiding his sexuality and living a double life - not to mention living through decades of possibility being criminalised over it.

Yes he was naive and foolish, but which of us hasn't been - to a lesser extent at least?

I'm happy not to be one of those sad, bitter and twisted individuals gloating over the Vicar's naivety and misjudgement whilst indulging their much worse peccadilloes themselves, such as offing boys of questionable mental/behavioural capacity who are (as Frequent would say) "young enough to be their grandchildren", for example.

Thankfully, you'd never get anything like that on SGT of course as everybody is squeaky clean and thus able to disparage and have a good laugh at other people's misfortune

:D

Nirish guy
December 31st, 2017, 19:44
Aside from people judging the vicar as I do have a certain sympathy for him that his life experience ( or lack thereof) brought him to this point ( and we should remember that many straight men in Thailand have also made the same mistake - just with a longer time window passing before they got dumped perhaps), but the part I laughed at was when the article and pic of the happy couple was posted by the Attitude the gay mag on their facebook page the young gay guys there passed no judgement ( much) other that "OMG he calls himself a MODEL, he's no fucking model, look at the size of his nose !!" lol - shallow wee buggers the lost of them. :).

FarangRuMak
January 3rd, 2018, 01:57
It's not about age difference as much as money and property transference being the only way love must be shown in these situations.
That's a red flag straight away.
Media Mogols and Hollywood movers and shakers take this in their stride but the average guy can't afford such luxury.
There are many ways to show love other than going to a lawyer's office.
The exception would be to make a will to ensure a secure future for your partner when YOU are gone.

joe552
January 3rd, 2018, 02:04
Whatever about giving your partner a joint share in your property, the idea of giving sole ownership is just crazy.

samebb
January 3rd, 2018, 02:11
I'm happy not to be one of those sad, bitter and twisted individuals gloating over the Vicar's naivety and misjudgement whilst indulging their much worse peccadilloes themselves, such as offing boys of questionable mental/behavioural capacity who are (as Frequent would say) "young enough to be their grandchildren", for example.

Don't worry. Some of us farang who are in our late twenties or early 30s, sit laughing with the boys when some offed Cambodian in Jomtien Complex has to act as a walking frame for the living dead. To be honest it's a highlight!

Maybe some entrepreneurial Thai boy should start a wheelchair service in the complex!

Nirish guy
January 3rd, 2018, 02:38
Speaking of which does anyone still know ( or know of) the VERY old guy ( like 80's / 90's who ( used to ?) make his way up Soi 4 almost doubled over ( quite literally) with his Thai BF leading him gently along by the arm - and I dont ask this to take the piss as the guy obviously was on his last legs ( no pun intended) but his Thai carer ( and that may indeed have been the case) walked with him step by step the length of the Soi and every Thai boy in it held him in the highest regard it seemed. What ever happened the chap does anyone know, is he still with us ?

joe552
January 3rd, 2018, 02:47
I think the idea of having a young man as your carer is a great one, if you can afford it. It doesn't have to be a sexual thing. But you can admire his good looks, and enjoy his company.

FarangRuMak
January 3rd, 2018, 04:18
I think the idea of having a young man as your carer is a great one, if you can afford it. It doesn't have to be a sexual thing. But you can admire his good looks, and enjoy his company.
You have just stumbled on the best business idea of all;
All male retirement resort.
Jomtien would be the perfect location-on the beach near Pattaya Park or Rabbit Resort.
All male staff screened for competence, training, stamina, wheelchair pushing skills and handsomeness.
Massage on call in-house, excursions to Jomien complex and further afield if required.
No mauling by butch lesbians, 20,000 baht per month, lovely climate, cheap drinks, reasonably good medical care (worth a little risk) and many things to wake up for every morning.
A goldmine ready to be opened.

frequent
January 3rd, 2018, 04:41
Don't worry. Some of us farang who are in our late twenties or early 30s, sit laughing with the boys when some offed Cambodian in Jomtien Complex has to act as a walking frame for the living dead. To be honest it's a highlight! Yes, SameBareBack, laughing at others' misfortunes is always entertaining

joe552
January 3rd, 2018, 05:13
FRM, I've obviously given away more of my future business plans than I intended. The future is elder care, not go go bars, for farang with money.

samebb
January 3rd, 2018, 06:05
FRM, I've obviously given away more of my future business plans than I intended. The future is elder care, not go go bars, for farang with money.

You are correct.
Anyone at such an age they can barely move having to drag their old ass around town looking for some company is a little sad.
Maybe such an idea could provide a more dignified environment for those who lack the money to have found a more comfortable existence.

FarangRuMak
January 3rd, 2018, 07:07
Go for it Joe.
I'll probably be one of your first residents.
Please don't give me a squeaky bed.

Nirish guy
January 3rd, 2018, 07:37
Please DO give me a squeaky bed as when I'm that old I want to be sure to jump up and down on it every single night and still piss off my other OAP neighbours at they might think I'm still getting some action ! :)

FarangRuMak
January 3rd, 2018, 13:50
Please DO give me a squeaky bed as when I'm that old I want to be sure to jump up and down on it every single night and still piss off my other OAP neighbours at they might think I'm still getting some action ! :)
My current 'Top' country boy gets embarrassed on my sqeaky bed.
Last session took an interesting twist- he whipped the mattress with me on it on to the floor (he's extremely strong with large blackish legs etc) and carried on.
I can tell you it will be on the floor when he arrives next time.

Marisko
January 11th, 2018, 20:50
I dont believe

FarangRuMak
January 12th, 2018, 23:06
I dont believe

You don't believe?
But it's not about religion.
Quite the opposite