PDA

View Full Version : Your daily spend

joe552
December 28th, 2017, 12:39
This is one for the sex tourists among us, not residents. What is your daily spend when on holiday in Thailand, excluding accommodation costs? I think I remember a447 saying he could spend 3,000Bt on a night out (if I got it wrong, a447, sorry). I'm talking about food, drinks and company. Mine can vary depending if I off a boy or not, which I don't do every night.

gerefan2
December 28th, 2017, 13:10
IMO standard spending on any holiday, no matter where you go, is 100GBP per day. So Joe you will spend, ON AVERAGE, 4355 baht per day. I have over the 6 weeks I have been here.

joe552
December 28th, 2017, 13:47
Thanks gerefan. I might spend that much some days, but not every day. To be honest, some nights I just want to sit on my own and drink. Sad, I know.

If I don't off a boy, my average spend is between 2000 and 3000 a day. That doesn't include "special" presents like trainers or jeans.

latintopxxx
December 28th, 2017, 15:38
Around 2 to 4 thou a day. ...I usually budget around 800 for a MB...so if i do 3 its closer to the 4 mark. I rarely shop in Thailand..I have all the t-shirts/shorts I need to last me 3 lifetimes...

frequent
December 28th, 2017, 15:49
I rarely shop in Thailand..I have all the t-shirts/shorts I need to last me 3 lifetimes...Everything's mass produced in China anyway, wherever you buy it. I can buy polo neck shirts in my size for 500 baht whenever I go to Australia so I, too, rarely shop in Thailand

gerefan2
December 28th, 2017, 16:00
Thanks gerefan. I might spend that much some days, but not every day. To be honest, some nights I just want to sit on my own and drink. Sad, I know.

If I don't off a boy, my average spend is between 2000 and 3000 a day. That doesn't include "special" presents like trainers or jeans.

Add a few offs and you are almost up to my 4355 per day!

Also don’t forget,if you haven’t been here for a few years,you don’t get so many baht ....plus prices for beer and boys have increased....

frequent
December 28th, 2017, 16:28
....plus prices for beer and boys have increased....These are the prices I've had quoted on the Apps in the past week - "taxi" (turned out to be 500), 1000, 1300, 1500 (multiple boys), 1800 (multiple boys), 2500. The latter two price points I told to keep looking. I went through a long period from 2006 - 2009 where I saw the same two boys at 1500 each. Hardly evidence that the price of boys has increased - and those were the opening offer, not the final price

latintopxxx
December 28th, 2017, 16:38
...glad u mentioned that they were opening offers...

joe552
December 28th, 2017, 17:07
When I mentioned buying trainers or jeans, I meant as gifts for my special friend of the day (or night). Of course, this time I'll have the added expense of a trip to KK to meet Matt (which I really feel should be shared by members). I don't off a boy every night.

a447
December 28th, 2017, 20:26
I think I remember a447 saying he could spend 3,000Bt on a night out. I'm talking about food, drinks and company.

3000?

I wish!

I'm not sure how much I spend but I would guess around 6,000~8,000 on a good night when I'm on a roll. And worth every single baht!

joe552
December 28th, 2017, 22:13
Jeez a447 - how the other half lives.

Nirish guy
December 29th, 2017, 00:12
Hate to tell you Joe but thats NOT that difficult to do these days in Thailand I find, I think you should brace yourself for a few price increases perhaps - mind you I guess won't have the shitty Sterling exchange rate to deal with I guess at least

But even so and even before that all went to shit as others have said I used to find £100 a day ANYWHERE was the minimum base for a very normal even quiet day / night out, but noted this last few years that figured had slipped up by 50 and even 100% more at times ( so averaging somewhere between 5000 and 10000 baht)! You count it up, some lunch, a few drinks in the afternoon, some small shopping, a massage, some dinner with drinks out, maybe a whisky bottle or two of going out and maybe a tip or two for services rendered - doesn't take long adding up.

Although glad to say on my last trip I went out of my way NOT to go nuts and buy every guy I met in passing drinks and off him and half his mates "just for the crack" and was pleased to find I came home with a nice amount of change for once - and still managed to have my fair share of fun along the way.

God I'm getting old it seems ! :-( Oh well, I'mm just think of the money I saved I guess ! PS, I dont regret spending a single penny of any of it ! :))

EDIT - but for comparison however - I'm literally just back from Gran Canaria for 6 nights there so just went and checked my wallet and myself and my BF spent it seems roughly £225 between us (in total) per day - and we bought NOTHING but food, drink, the odd cheap massage and a one day car rental ! So life it seems is just getting expensive no matter WHERE you go these days ! :(

kittyboy
December 29th, 2017, 00:19
I spend 2-3 k baht a day while in Thailand. I gave up drinking. So my entertainment is usually swimming, the odd trip to the gym, the beach, moto riding and seeing the sights. And accompanying friends out at night. I have regular boys I see and off one of them 2-3 tines in a week 1 k baht. Movies with a thai guy and dinner..etc.

Brad the Impala
December 29th, 2017, 00:48
Jeez a447 - how the other half lives.

Indeed, and surely it would only be appropriate in these circumstances for a 447 to cover the costs of your trip to meet Matt, as it means that he can finally find out if he exists or not, which seems so important to him.

Nirish guy
December 29th, 2017, 00:54
Or as Matt is a bitcoin millionaire now maybe he could go halfers ! :)

joe552
December 29th, 2017, 02:10
As I've said before, any contribution towards my trip to KK on behalf of the members will be greatly appreciated.

NIrish, I don't do massages, though I did say earlier in the planning stage, I'd give it a try this time. We'll see how the funds go. I don't buy bottles of whiskey either. Been down that road before. I don't do late night clubs. I know I'm sounding like a boring old fart, but when I first started going to Thailand, I felt I had to do it all. I don't feel that anymore. A good night for me is a few glasses of wine with a cute boy to talk to. Maybe off him, maybe not. I don't need to go crazy these days.

Nirish guy
December 29th, 2017, 03:36
I don't do massages"

Maybe you should start ! That would be one way of part funding your trip ! Oh wait, you meant dont GET not GIVE them, ahhhh ok - well, my point still stands - hell you've often said you'd suck off anybody so I guess you might as well make some money out of it at the same time ! Joe's toothless "special" massage service - 500 baht - or just 200 if special ending required ! :)

I don't buy bottles of whiskey ....... I don't do late night clubs....... I know I'm sounding like a boring old fart..

YOU said that, we couldn't possibly comment !

I don't need to go crazy these days.

And WHO exactly told you THAT load of nonsense ! You're a long time dead, let her rip until there's no rip left in ya and just make sure that's at least an hour after they've nailed the coffin shut ! No surrender and keep 'er crazy until the day you die I say ! - Mind you thats probably just the protestant coming out in me - on both counts ! :-)

joe552
December 29th, 2017, 03:45
NIrish, I spend my holidays exactly as I want to. I eat when I'm hungry, drink whenever, and have company when I feel like it. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Nirish guy
December 29th, 2017, 03:55
NIrish, I spend my holidays exactly as I want to. I eat when I'm hungry, drink whenever, and have company when I feel like it. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Ahhh but no income from massages, see if you'd of listened to me you could have at least 400 baht built up now or so over the years ! :)

joe552
December 29th, 2017, 04:12
Well one of my "friends" is now a massage teacher - so maybe it could be the start of a new career? "Mister, you want I suck your cock? You like my teeth in or out?"

Nirish guy
December 29th, 2017, 04:23
200 baht teeth in, 100 baht teeth out ( or should that be the other way around) - that sort of thing ? Hmmm maybe this should be in the Kink Thread - no, hang on it's ok Moses say's gay interest business can advertise here for free, so no worries Joe, you're fine either way !

cdnmatt
December 29th, 2017, 07:13
Or as Matt is a bitcoin millionaire now maybe he could go halfers ! :)

Yeah.... ummm.... no.

I have more than enough of my own expenses already, thanks. And I still have nowhere near enough money to cover everything I need to.

sglad
December 29th, 2017, 07:38
Indeed, and surely it would only be appropriate in these circumstances for a447 to cover the costs of your trip to meet Matt, as it means that he can finally find out if he exists or not, which seems so important to him.

Funny, isn't it? He spends 8,000 Baht a night and still has no life.

cdnmatt
December 29th, 2017, 07:45
Besides Joe, regardless if you're in Pattaya or KK, you're still going to have to pay for a hotel, correct? And you're still going to have to eat, right?

So the only extra expense is the bus, and I think that's about 300 baht for a one-way VIP seat. So if you take a friend, say 1200 baht for round trip for both of you. You should be able to swing that.

joe552
December 29th, 2017, 07:45
I hate when gay men refer to others as "she". Always have

joe552
December 29th, 2017, 07:51
Matt, my apartment in Pattaya will be paid for. In addition, I will need the hotel in KK (already booked). So yes, it's an added expense. You're right about food and drink - I'd be spending on that wherever I am. A 10 hour bus journey for a 2 day trip isn't appealing, so air fare needs to be paid. It all adds up.

frequent
December 29th, 2017, 08:06
Matt, my apartment in Pattaya will be paid for. In addition, I will need the hotel in KK (already booked). So yes, it's an added expense. You're right about food and drink - I'd be spending on that wherever I am. A 10 hour bus journey for a 2 day trip isn't appealing, so air fare needs to be paid. It all adds up.But isn't this voluntary - or, as I prefer to think of it, self-inflicted?

arsenal
December 29th, 2017, 08:17
The 3 months old Matt and Joe non/road trip nonsense is self inflicted on each other. The rest of us...not so much.

And to keep this thread on topic. I spend roughly 5000/6000 baht a day not including the cost of the hotel and bike hire. More if its a short trip as I cram in more boys.

neddy3
December 29th, 2017, 09:43
Spending over 3000 B per day isn't really a challenge.
A bigger challenge is how to manage how much more your budget will support.

goji
December 29th, 2017, 09:47
I think I remember a447 saying he could spend 3,000Bt on a night out (if I got it wrong, a447, sorry). I'm talking about food, drinks and company. Mine can vary depending if I off a boy or not, which I don't do every night.

Could spend 3000 on a night out ? Well by the time I spend 700 on drinks & an off fee & dished out a 2000 baht long time tip, we're at 2700. If I have visited other gogo bars before, then the 3000 baht figure is easily broken.

The average gets reduced by a few short time offs (1200), boys off the apps & giving my todger a rest about once a week.

My average daily spend in Thailand is about 4500, including hotels at ~1250 & the entertainment. Food, coffee, beach chairs & all the rest of it is about 1000 a day.

Considering the holiday as a whole, if I go off for a few days to quieter places like Laos, rural Thailand, sometimes there can be good hotels for less money & no gogo bars, so the daily spend can fall drastically.

joe552
December 29th, 2017, 10:41
I am aware that my trip to KK is voluntary or self-inflicted. I always spend a couple of days away from Pattaya, usually to Koh Samet or Koh Chang.

I'm on a limited budget. I don't go to go-go bars anymore - happy to sit in a host bar and have one of the waiters sit with me and have drinks. I've mentioned before that I have a low sex drive, so I wouldn't off a boy every night. I'm happy to just sit and chat. Maybe that sounds odd to some here, but that's what I enjoy.

christianpfc
January 5th, 2018, 21:45
A good night for me is a few glasses of wine with a cute boy to talk to.
What do you talk about with a cute boy over a few glasses of wine?

Your original question: from memory I spent 2000-3000 THB per day when I was in Thailand for holiday 2009-2012.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, and most of my entertainment is cheap or free, like walking around in town admiring architecture (seeking the little that is there to admire), visiting museums, temples, national parks.
Details here:
http://66.199.190.19/~sgt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27808&start=0
(error message when I try to open the link)

joe552
January 5th, 2018, 21:53
I don't plan conversations. They develop naturally. We start off with the usual "where you from", our families, and just see where it goes.

Nirish guy
January 6th, 2018, 02:01
Tell me Joe do you lie to them as well as they lie to you I wonder ??

Boy " ohhhh i just arrive here one week ago ( he's been here three years) and I need someone to take me off or Boss will fire me ( I'm just back from my 3rd off of the night and didn't even bother showering after my last guy) and as I like you SO much and you have a good heart I'd like to go with you as you seem nice farang ( it's getting late so you'll do and with any luck as it's late I'll get you off to sleep quickly so I can get out to Nab for a few hours with my mates"

Joe - "So, yes I've been in Thailand for months now ( I arrived 3 hours ago) and I'm just staying in this place as my 4 million baht apartment in Bangkok is getting decorated this weekend, I would have driven here myself but I'd no room to park my lamborghini ( the bus from the airport took ages ! ) and sorry I've just finished 3 off's so I can't off you tonight ( I'm saving my money for more beer later)

Something like that perhaps ?? :)

joe552
January 6th, 2018, 02:32
NIrish, do you often listen in on my conversations? That's usually how it goes alright, except for the Lamborghini - I make them aware I don't drive, so they don't expect a lift to NAB with all their mates.