PDA

View Full Version : Board History ... Wondering about a wandering Sawatdee owner

Smiles
December 28th, 2017, 09:56
Sawatdee (AKA: Sawatdee Forum; Sawatdee Board; Gay Sawatdee; [Just Plain] Sawatdee; Sawatdee Gay Thailand) was founded in 2001 ~ insofar as I can correctly remember.

The message board has had five Owner/Admins: Smiles; Elephantspike; Neal (That Cunt); Surfcrest; and the present Owner, Moses.

I can account for 4 of them:

Smiles (2001-2006. Eventually got good and tired of it, gave it away to Elephantspike)
Elephantspike (2006-2011. Sold it to Neal (That Cunt)
Neal (2011-2012. Sold it to Surfcrest after just about destroying the place)
Surfcrest (2012-2015? Sold it to Moses, don't know why.)
Moses (2016-present. Future unknown.)

Where are they now:

Smiles is still here posting like the board whore he always has been, no regrets there.
Neal (That Cunt) ate himself to death on a plane, thus giving "Snakes on a Plane" a run for their money.
Surfcrest still posts here once in awhile ~ usually to get the unknown, known ~ but seems to be happily ensconced in Vancouver or Machu Pichu. Changed the board to the vBulletin platform.
Moses is an unknown entity. Probably well known in Russian mafia circles. Avoids baht busses but plays Hi Stakes Internet Poker.

And then there's Elephantspike. What happened to him? The Wandering Ex Owner. He and I had numerous phone calls (I in BC and him in Massachusetts) during the process of him getting to know the innards of the early EZBoard Sawatdee. He eventually changed the board over to the phpBB platform.
I recall being somewhat disappointed that he chose the road of monetizing the board, mainly with ads. How naively innocent I was back then, I'd never given that route a second thought. I loved the simplicity of the stark, posts-only-boys look of the place (Gaybutton has the only message board ~ probably in the world! ~ which has a no-ads philosophy).
But Elephantspike (Robert), besides a few posts right after he sold it, never returned and disappeared into the ether. Apparently there was gossip that he had some financial problems but I'm certainly not sure about that. It remains nothing but gossip.
Does anyone here know what happened to Elephantspike?

PS ... I could be slightly off on the above new-owner dates. Definitely ball park figures guided by a rather iffy memory at the best of times.

frequent
December 28th, 2017, 10:16
Does anyone here know what happened to Elephantspike?No but like you I am curious. I did sub him the odd $100 via Western Union when he was having financial difficulties keeping the site registered or paying his dues; in my opinion the first two owners were the best and it's gone downhill ever since

scottish-guy
December 28th, 2017, 15:39
Downhill since The Cunt? Downhill from rock bottom? (You'll notice I've given Neal the designation of The Cunt rather than just "That Cunt". Smiles is obviously more tolerant that me.

I'd suggest that's just not possible to have gone downhill from that point - although having soared under Surfcrest we are currently hovering at around 50% of maximum cuntiness.

All that's needed is a couple of death threats against members and we'll be at CUNTCON1

frequent
December 28th, 2017, 15:45
Downhill since The Cunt? Downhill from rock bottom? (You'll notice I've given Neal the designation of The Cunt rather than just "That Cunt". Smiles is obviously more tolerant that me.My post said downhill after the first two owners ie. Smiles himself and Elephantspike. I've remarked on several occasions I didn't find much to choose between Surfcrest and Neal, and Moses is just another Neal in my opinion (I wonder how many demerit points I'll get for that)

arsenal
December 28th, 2017, 16:23
I'm curious Smiles. Was it always the dog pit it is now or did the board have a more genteel time in the past?

frequent
December 28th, 2017, 16:35
I'm curious Smiles. Was it always the dog pit it is now or did the board have a more genteel time in the past?Tell him about Hedda and the hydras, Smiles. a447 would have been in his element

Marsilius
December 28th, 2017, 16:57
...and don't forget Boygeenyus (spelling?) who was, in his time, another of the great figures of hate in this board's history.

arsenal
December 28th, 2017, 17:15
I see. So it was always thus.

Brad the Impala
December 28th, 2017, 19:11
No, not always thus. Back in the days of Smiles and Spike we barely had one moderator, let alone three! The moderators that we did have actually understood that's it's the posters who keep a forum going, and treated them accordingly.

arsenal
December 28th, 2017, 19:27
:yes:

Smiles
December 29th, 2017, 00:41
No, not always thus. Back in the days of Smiles and Spike we barely had one moderator, let alone three! The moderators that we did have actually understood that's it's the posters who keep a forum going, and treated them accordingly.
Regarding the history: The 'Smiles' years were in fact one Owner/Admin/Moderator ... i.e. myself. I felt there was no need for extra mods as those were the easy days and basically left to go where a topic will go where it went to go.
When Spike owned the board in the beginning Smiles and jinks became moderators simply to help him out. I let it go after about a year, but jinks stayed as moderator to the end, until Neal become the owner and did it his way ... which turned out to be the worst way.

I'm curious Smiles. Was it always the dog pit it is now or did the board have a more genteel time in the past?
Sawatdee was never a dog pit. It was definitely edgy, definitely ready to let the members go where they wished to go rather than bothering about editing spelling and grammar, or being moderating in the "Because-I-Can" philosophy. And absolutely Sawatdee was never genteel! Thank christ.

The main difference between Sawatdee then and now is the number of participating members. Then the regular participation rate was measured in the hundreds or more. Now Sawatdee has a participation rate measured in less than dozens.
The overall membership may well be larger now, but the number of members posting on a regular basis is much smaller: a dog pit under any other name.

Khor tose
December 29th, 2017, 01:27
a dog pit under any other name.

Talk about sugar coating. Take these off and try again.

arsenal
December 29th, 2017, 06:39
We have few regular posters here these days and of those not many actually visit Thailand much and of those only a handful post about it. There is a bitterness within many of the members here, perhaps due to their age, health, financial situation etc. This seems to be their outlet for their frustrations. Perfect mods won't change your life Brad.

Smiles
December 29th, 2017, 09:25
Tell him about Hedda and the hydras, Smiles.
Yes, an interesting time for sure.
Is Hedda dead or alive? I've heard he spends his days curled up in the fetal position in some derelict gogo bar's dark corner ... along with The Glums, MFAS and Khortose, for company.
'The Hydra Conundrum' was his pet neurosis. The original Fake News. :))

Surfcrest
December 29th, 2017, 14:18
Surfcrest (2012-2015? Sold it to Moses, don't know why.)

Where are they now:

Surfcrest still posts here once in awhile ~ usually to get the unknown, known ~ but seems to be happily ensconced in Vancouver or Machu Pichu. Changed the board to the vBulletin platform.

And then there's Elephantspike. What happened to him? The Wandering Ex Owner. He and I had numerous phone calls (I in BC and him in Massachusetts) during the process of him getting to know the innards of the early EZBoard Sawatdee. He eventually changed the board over to the phpBB platform.
I recall being somewhat disappointed that he chose the road of monetizing the board, mainly with ads. How naively innocent I was back then, I'd never given that route a second thought. I loved the simplicity of the stark, posts-only-boys look of the place (Gaybutton has the only message board ~ probably in the world! ~ which has a no-ads philosophy).
But Elephantspike (Robert), besides a few posts right after he sold it, never returned and disappeared into the ether. Apparently there was gossip that he had some financial problems but I'm certainly not sure about that. It remains nothing but gossip.
Does anyone here know what happened to Elephantspike?

Just a few corrections.....LOL

I gave the site to my friend Moses, perhaps for the same reason you gave it to elephantspike. I'm good with change, but not so good with complacency. I'd rather be one of the kids than the babysitter.

I just retired and yes, Vancouver is my main focus now. I've got two amazing bf's here that I share my time with, making life the most perfect of perfect.

I have only good things to say about elephantspike, he helped out greatly in the early days. Unfortunately there is no money to be made with a site like this and money was his main motivator for being here, so the relationship was short lived. I think he still follows us on Twitter and he should be quite easy to find.

Surfcrest

frequent
December 29th, 2017, 14:34
Unfortunately there is no money to be made with a site like this ...Yep, it's a vanity project

arsenal
December 29th, 2017, 15:16
There is zero cash to be made from this place. In fact, it costs money to own/run. Members should probably remember that before launching one.of their attacks because the place isn't exactly how they think it should be.

And Surfcrest. Two boyfriends in the same city. Greedy. Haha.

frequent
December 29th, 2017, 16:00
There is zero cash to be made from this place.From the Forum itself - certainly. Whether Moses makes enough from the rest of the site that acts as a vehicle for his Siam Roads business only he would know. The publicly-available guesstimates (https://sawatdeenetwork.com.clearwebstats.com/) say it probably generates $15/day. Clearly Moses values site "eyeballs" as he gave that as his reason for not reinstituting RSS feeds from the Forum. Those of us who come straight to the Forum, by-passing the Home page, miss all of that advertising, but the fact that we visit would show up in the site hits (https://www.easycounter.com/report/sawatdeenetwork.com), on which advertising rates are generally based

Surfcrest
December 29th, 2017, 16:16
And Surfcrest. Two boyfriends in the same city. Greedy. Haha.
One loves my cock, the other loves my ass...I call it sharing.

frequent
December 29th, 2017, 16:45
One loves my cock, the other loves my ass...I call it sharing."Division of labour" surely? There's never a demarcation dispute?

Moses
December 29th, 2017, 18:36
The publicly-available guesstimates (https://sawatdeenetwork.com.clearwebstats.com/) say it probably generates $15/day.

dreams... dreams... I hope you can read as good as you type and spread gossips... check your URL again and read this: "Updated 2 years 6 months ago".

frequent
December 29th, 2017, 18:56
dreams... dreams... I hope you can read as good as you type and spread gossips... check your URL again and read this: "Updated 2 years 6 months ago".Wouldn't that suggest that I care?

Moses
December 29th, 2017, 19:14
Wouldn't that suggest that I care?

It would suggest what you spreading gossips.

Smiles
December 29th, 2017, 22:09
Thanks Surfcrest for straightening out a few things.
I just assumed you 'sold' the joint to Moses ... not 'gave' it to him. In these days of monetizing anything that breathes is the norm.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 02:22
...There is a bitterness within many of the members here, perhaps due to their age, health, financial situation etc. This seems to be their outlet for their frustrations...

You haven't any accurate idea of the age, health or financial situation of *any* of the members here or what motivates them to post.

As to what causes at least some of their "frustration" I'd advise looking in a mirror if you (or the mirror) can stand it

...There is zero cash to be made from this place. In fact, it costs money to own/run. Members should probably remember that before launching one.of their attacks because the place isn't exactly how they think it should be...

Speaking only for myself I don't really care whether the site makes money or leaks it like a sieve - except that the price of it leaking money like a sieve is that (as someone else said) only someone intent on a vanity project would then choose to bankroll a basket case, and such persons tend to display behaviour or characteristics which cause controversy and provoke confrontation.

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 02:36
provoke confrontation.

I don't care about confrontation and not afraid any. I have target - to make gay forum about Thailand and SE Asia, forum what is friendly to authors of travel reports and messages about new places. Anyone who will stay on the way to that target will be kicked out in 1 click after 2 warns, without even one sight to how long he is on this forum.

Any bulling (including "who are you, whom are you hydra?"), any bitching, any unfriendly post will have consequence soon. The only untouched forum will be "Holding room". Dark clouds are already visible.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 02:59
Moses, I really don't understand what your repeated threats are designed to achieve, except to provoke more reaction.

You say you "don't care about confrontation and not afraid any"- that's fine and good, but not caring about something and deliberately inflaming the situation are two quite different strategies.

Further, I rather suspect the unidentified targets of your repeated threats are neither afraid of you nor of being kicked off the board - so the repeated threats and warnings of impending retribution on them are unlikely to have much effect.

I for one will continue to post what I like, where I like, and when I like. If that leads to you or your sidekick banning me then fine, at least I'll go out with my head held high and not having kowtowed like some subservient lackey - and you may as well make it a lengthy ban as I won't be back.

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 03:11
Moses, I really don't understand what your repeated threats are designed to achieve, except to provoke more reaction.

Well, it is indicator. If somebody will answer - then that means he is counting his behavior as behavior of a bull or bitch or stalker. Otherwise why he will count that my post as a threats? To have friendly forum is great. Isn't it great? :dirol_mini:

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 04:45
You're entirely wrong in your supposition that a response to your bait indicates that the responder identifies as a member of the group under threat

As an example off the top of my head - I have posted several times in support of the Palestinians when Latintoppxxx has been on one if his rants - that doesn't make me a Palestinian.

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 04:57
identifies as a member of the group under threat

yes, and that is exactly what I meant

and you already know what group I mean: it is precisely described few posts above - in the "threat"

frequent
December 30th, 2017, 05:09

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 05:48
Gorbals Jock verses Moses. Charge of the Light Brigade II. Same result.

Except the original involved incredibly brave soldiers in a war and this one involves Gorbals moaning about a gay message board. Again.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 05:56
yes, and that is exactly what I meant..

I know what you meant - but you don't seem to grasp that what you mean doesn't make your analysis correct.

Instead of all the beating around the bush, the nudges, the winks, the knowing looks, the time being wasted trying to bring about situations to ban people - why don't you just have the balls to come right out and publicly name the people you no longer want to post on your board?

I'm sure none of them would want to linger where they are not wanted.

So how about it?

Gorbals Jock verses Moses. Charge of the Light Brigade II. Same result.

Except the original involved incredibly brave soldiers in a war and this one involves Gorbals moaning about a gay message board. Again.

No show without Len, eh? Just can't keep your nose out can you?

So we are not allowed to moan now?

No complaints permitted, is that it?

If only you were as committed to sticking to your promises ..........

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 06:12
Continuing the theme.

General Gorbals.
"I for one will continue to post what I like, where I like, and when I like."

Winston Churchill.
"We will fight them on the beaches, we will fight them in the cities...."

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 06:28
Oh are we doing quotations now?

Goody!

Here's three - see if you can guess from whom:

1. '...I would never accept a job moderating this board...'
2. '...I will step down from moderating this board on 31st December 2017...'
3. '...I have decided I will not step down on 31st December 2017 after all...'

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 06:28
Elizabeth I
At Tilburg, before the sea battle with the Spanish Armada.
"I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too."

General Gorbals.
"I'll go out with my head held high and not having kowtowed like some subservient lackey."

So proud of you big guy.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 06:36
You may as well be - as illustrated above you have no recent output of your own to be proud of

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 06:40
I think you should go and make some porridge for your guests. And have a rest. You seem tired and emotional.

Smiles
December 30th, 2017, 07:44
I don't care about confrontation and not afraid any. I have target - to make gay forum about Thailand and SE Asia, forum what is friendly to authors of travel reports and messages about new places. Anyone who will stay on the way to that target will be kicked out in 1 click after 2 warns, without even one sight to how long he is on this forum.
Any bulling [SP] (including "who are you, whom are you hydra?"), any bitching, any unfriendly post will have consequence soon. The only untouched forum will be "Holding room". Dark clouds are already visible.
Then Moses my man, you should do it now ... push the dark clouds in. If all you want is to host an apparatus which produces you income from the Travel industry, then you should shut down the message board right now ... why bother with threats and metaphorical weather reports.
You get a few stars for a kind of honest totalitorianism (but no Churchill are you), I'll give you that.

Davey612
December 30th, 2017, 09:08
I read on a magazine that Jeep is kind of endoparasitoid extraterrestrial species (like that in Alien). It keeps eating its hosts (Batam, Willys, Kaiser, AMC, original Chrysler, German Chrysler, bottom feeder Chrysler, Italian Chrysler).

I feel the same about this board. Sawatdee network just keeps surviving even though there seems to be a parade of owners.

I am surprised that there has been no thought of moving it to an app format. Most other forums that I read now reside within apps sharing common interest forums. But then good grief, I can't see an app hosting sawatdee, gaythailand, gaybutton all together

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2017, 09:20
So am I reading this right? Moses is going to turn SGT into a travel blog instead of a message forum?

frequent
December 30th, 2017, 09:39
So am I reading this right? Moses is going to turn SGT into a travel blog instead of a message forum?As I read it a heavily moderated message forum - "To have friendly forum is great. Isn't it great?" - focused on travel

frequent
December 30th, 2017, 09:43
I am surprised that there has been no thought of moving it to an app format.Apps already exist - Tapatalk for example - that merely require some tweaking of the forum software in many cases (depending on the Forum platform). However an App often has the same downsides as RSS feeds, not counting site "eyeballs" in a way that benefits the site owner

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2017, 09:55
As I read it a heavily moderated message forum - "To have friendly forum is great. Isn't it great?" - focused on travel

Ok, so I'm assuming my copy of the new 73 page rule book is in the mail, explaining what I can and can't post?

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 14:59
Matt, you're assuming you're not one of Moses 'undesirables', and thus to be removed like Smiles and myself - you may not require a rule book at all!

I mention Smiles and myself as we have both identified and commented on 'threats' in Moses comments - ergo (according to Moses stated logic) we must be the targets.

Who will be first to be tossed off and thus become the first Moses Martyr - the suspense is tangible

:clapping:

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 15:02
we must be the targets

that you wrote, not me

I wrote: "target is - friendly forum"

Smiles and myself

Did you just listed yourself and Smiles as a "bulls, bitches or stalkers"?

Care to tell to what category you placed yoursef and to what category you placed Smiles?

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 15:16
I don't subscribe to your analysis in the first place, so why would I play along with it?

But Moses, I'll make it very easy for you:

If indeed I am one of your "targets" then the solution is very easy - just say here and now publicly that you don't want me to post on your Forum again and I'll be gone forever, as from today.

No re-appearance, no hydras.......

And unlike Len, I keep my promises

So, the ball is your court

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 15:31
So, the ball is your court

no yet, untill you will answer to

Did you just listed yourself and Smiles as a "bulls, bitches or stalkers"?

Care to tell to what category you placed yoursef and to what category you placed Smiles?

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 15:40
Martyr! Proof, if proof were required that you're certifiably nuts. From Joan of Arc to Gorbals Jock. You couldnt make it up. I also doubt Smiles is foolish enough to follow you over the cliff despite your attempts to recruit him to your absurd nonsense.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 15:49
I dont claim to speak for Smiles - merely pointing out that since he also perceived "threats" then, by Moses declared logic he must also be one of the undesirables

Smiles
December 30th, 2017, 17:21
I'm un-recruitable ... by anyone Arsenal.
Just so you understand.
But, just so you understand ... I understand Scottish Guy.

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 17:34
Job done.

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 17:46
I dont claim to speak for Smiles - merely pointing out that since he also perceived "threats" then, by Moses declared logic he must also be one of the undesirables

that again: you said it, not me

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 17:48
I understand Scottish Guy.

"understand" and "join" are different words even for me with my poor English

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 17:52
Nobody mentioned the word "join" except you.

I clearly stated I did not speak for smiles - I suggest you not only have poor English but even worse comprehension

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 18:31
Nobody mentioned the word "join" except you.

I clearly stated I did not speak for smiles - I suggest you not only have poor English but even worse comprehension

Liar. It was you who joined your name and Smiles into one list:

to be removed like Smiles and myself

Now you, liar, is in logical trap and trying to jump out. Poor, poor liar.

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 18:33
My English comprehension is pretty OK and so I know what you were up to Gorbals.. But Smiles has hung you put to dry. You're on your own unless you can find someone idiotic enough to join you in this childish 'crusade'. And I dont even know what you're 'crusading' against.

frequent
December 30th, 2017, 18:38
My English comprehension is pretty OK ... Seriously?

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 18:40
Give it up Frequent. You know what you wrote.

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 18:44
Scotty, by the way, you still didn't explain: to which one group you putted your self - there are 3 in my "threat": bullies, bitches and stalkers. If you aren't in any - well, why you counting yourself in danger to be banned? My "threat" is addressed only to these 3 groups.

Oh, and to which one you putted Smilies?

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 18:46
Gorbals fits into all three. Unfortunately.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 20:07
OMFG I could have a more intelligent debate with a 10yo - is Len translating for you? If so I suggest you find someone more literate.

I do not count myself in any of your arbitary categories - it was YOU who insisted that my accusation of "threats" meant that I must see myself as being in one of them.

Smiles then posted and he also referred to "threats" so I pointed out that by your rather bizarre logic he too must be one of the undesirables.

At NO TIME did I claim to speak for Smiles - infact I stated the exact opposite - but I guess it suits your purposes to claim otherwise. Unfortunately for you and your acolyte, anybody reading the chain can see you are fabricating content which never existed.

I do not need Smiles or anybody else to support me - I am quite capable of wiping the floor with either of you individually or in combination (as I'm currently doing)

Can you not follow a simple chain of correspondence, Moses?

Clearly you are a somewhat successful businessman - how do you manage to sustain that whilst comprehending so little?

arsenal
December 30th, 2017, 20:25
As charming as always, to the very end.

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 21:04
OMFG I could have a more intelligent debate with a 10yo - is Len translating for you? If so I suggest you find someone more literate.

I do not count myself in any of your arbitary categories - it was YOU who insisted that my accusation of "threats" meant that I must see myself as being in one of them.

Smiles then posted and he also referred to "threats" so I pointed out that by your rather bizarre logic he too must be one of the undesirables.

At NO TIME did I claim to speak for Smiles - infact I stated the exact opposite - but I guess it suits your purposes to claim otherwise. Unfortunately for you and your acolyte, anybody reading the chain can see you are fabricating content which never existed.

I do not need Smiles or anybody else to support me - I am quite capable of wiping the floor with either of you individually or in combination (as I'm currently doing)

Can you not follow a simple chain of correspondence, Moses?

Clearly you are a somewhat successful businessman - how do you manage to sustain that whilst comprehending so little?

so many words, so small content...

It is YOU listed Smilies and yourself in on line. It is YOU who feel "threat" for your booth, while I threat only to bullies, bitches and stalkers. So why you feel yourself in danger when you don't count yourself in one of categories? Or you count in?

Not in categories = no danger. In category = in danger. Please choose: are you in danger or not?

Easy. Logical trap, you know :)

:dirol_mini:

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 21:22
Except it is YOU constantly asserting I feel myself in "danger" - let me assure you I see or feel nothing remotely dangerous in any of this!

Whats the worst that could happen - I get tossed off something that is rapidly becoming a joke of a board?

Moses
December 30th, 2017, 21:36
Except it is YOU constantly asserting I feel myself in "danger" - let me assure you I see or feel nothing remotely dangerous in any of this!

So you don't feel yourself in danger of ban? Right?

Well, what's this then?

thus to be removed like Smiles and myself [...] I mention Smiles and myself [...] (according to Moses stated logic) we must be the targets

So are you in danger of "be target" and "to be removed" or not?

in my "stated logic" are "bitches, stalkers and bullies" only :

Any bulling (including "who are you, whom are you hydra?"), any bitching, any unfriendly post will have consequence soon. The only untouched forum will be "Holding room". Dark clouds are already visible.

tell me darling, why you don't feel yourself safe?

PS: long 11-days holidays just started here, my domestic internet-shops are "at vacation" so I have pretty much time to ask you again and again the same, until we will find why "you and Smilies" "must be the targets" in your assumptions (or dreams)... wanna look like a hero? You will lose this game dear.

scottish-guy
December 30th, 2017, 22:39
By the last paragraph your English has suddenly improved out of all recognition - congratulations.

Knock yourself out asking the same inane question all you want - just don't expect me to take any notice unless it suits me to do so

Smiles
December 31st, 2017, 00:31
Moses, for fuck sake: my handle is not "Smilies" but "Smiles".
If you cannot get one simple name right (Hello!! I've used it for nearly 20 years) then how can anyone take you seriously, except perhaps as a mime of Donald Trump. He's always good for a guffaw, and you're getting close to joining that club as well.

Moses
December 31st, 2017, 00:47
just don't expect me to take any notice unless it suits me to do so

so you run out? victory! :yahoo_mini:

arsenal
December 31st, 2017, 05:33
Gorbals Jock once again shows he's the lion from The Wizard of Oz.

Nirish guy
December 31st, 2017, 08:14
FFS It’s a fucking gay message board (whether you like it or not Moses) - tripadvisor it is not - so good luck banning “bitches” from THAT board, you’ll have a long bloody list of members to go through !

And Arsenal you’re just coming across as pathetic, just like some wee weakling in a school who stands behind the school bully that he befeiended just to try to get himself some protection and the respect that he couldn’t get under his own steam. As he goes round the playground trying to assert power over people whilst shouting “go on hit him, hit him” as the bully picks on someone you dont like as they gave you perceive that they gave you a bloody nose once or twice - you’re beng SO obvious.

I just cane across this thread and it’s a sad indication of the direction of the board under Moses tenure unfortunately IMHO . :-(

And Moses if you REALLY want a friendly forum then maybe don’t talk to your posters like they’re children and talk down to them as much as you DO.

arsenal
December 31st, 2017, 08:49
Do shut up NIrish you curmudgeonly old prick. It's not my fault that you're in your mud 70s with a bad back and still toiling away at work.

And quite why a man of your age wants to spend his time stalking someone like Matt who obviously has mental problems is completely beyond me. Take up fishing or something.

Nirish guy
December 31st, 2017, 09:07
FFS and thats your idea of being a good moderator on the board is it. Bloody disgraceful.

The bad back, depends what day it is, there rest - I've mentioned my age on the board numerous times now, I'm 49, perhaps you're memory is starting to go and as for working for a living, I've no problem with that either as I take 3 months holiday a year and the rest of time when I do choose to work I pay myself a nice enough sum to make it worth my while thanks so you're totally wrong about that TOO it seems.

So perhaps it's YOU who should be thinking about shutting up before you make an even bigger tit what with you being wrong on all counts - or maybe you were just being a bitch or a bully - you should watch that apparently there's some vague rule about that or something - although like the rest of you I see you too suitably ignore that - good man, thats the best thing to do anyway with such nonsensical rules I find.

arsenal
December 31st, 2017, 09:43
:music_mini:

frequent
December 31st, 2017, 09:52
FFS and thats your idea of being a good moderator on the board is it. Bloody disgraceful.Was it only a couple of days ago that Moses told us of his aim "to make gay forum about Thailand and SE Asia, forum what is friendly to authors of travel reports and messages about new places" ie. TripAdvisor for Sodomites Who Visit South-East Asia? And a few posts later "To have friendly forum is great. Isn't it great?"

Has the message not yet reached the Moderators? Or is Caligula having a particular bad day?

arsenal
December 31st, 2017, 10:19
You should thank me NIrish. You only come here to gripe and pursue Matt so I've given you something to gripe about and I'm sure Matt will be along on one of the forums soon so no need to buy a fishing rod today.

Nirish guy
December 31st, 2017, 19:18

Now now dont be such a wanker, you engage someone in conversation, they take time to you to reply and you put up that childish "oh I'm not listening" thing - but then reply again after all later - dont be so childish ffs.

And in case you hadn't noticed I haven't posted anything to Matt since 19th of Dec and have posted plenty about other elsewhere stuff since, as I said in a post to Joe Im assuming people, like myself, have now heard enough about Matt to make up their own minds.

And of course you can't say why i come here as again you've NO idea ( not that that stops you thinking that as you seem to think know everything about what goes in in peoples heads these days - even though you're usually entirely wrong in most cases it seems there too) and more importantly even if i DID come here to discuss whatever I chose to with Matt, you know what, SO WHAT, that's none of your business and your job isn't to be here to stifle discussion, debate or whatever people chose to talk about.

You seem to be getting a little ahead of yourself a little there as to what the role of a moderator is, so, how about maybe sitting back and YOU shutting to fuck up for a while and letting the board get on with it's self as it did perfectly well ( and better) since your arrival as a so called Mod, as since you took up your poisoned chalice which has achieved nothing but making you one of the most unpopular mods the board has ever seen all we've heard from you is you rattling on and on now. Maybe get back to posting your restaurant reviews or something constructive as at least there was some substance there, the rest from you of late has just been hot air.

Oh and before you reply.......let me beat you to it with your probable childlike reply...... :music_mini:

arsenal
December 31st, 2017, 21:06
I've PMd you NIrish.

Smiles
January 1st, 2018, 08:13
I've PMd you NIrish.
Sounds ominous. Brace yourself Nirish.

Nirish guy
January 1st, 2018, 23:36
Not at all, Mr Arsenal was very civil actually, just what with new years eve / day etc I just haven't had a chance to reply yet.

joe552
January 8th, 2018, 12:09
I don't often visit these nether regions of the Board, and having read this thread, I am right so to do. And before anyone asks, I'm just killing time till I go the airport.

Nirish guy
January 9th, 2018, 02:23
I'm just killing time till I go the airport.

? Why, are you off somewhere Joe ? ;)