PDA

View Full Version : Smile please

snotface
December 27th, 2017, 13:52
At Asok BTS station this morning I bought my ticket and went through the barrier, on the other side of which the uniformed lady at a table asked to see my holdall. I was in a hurry and foolishly responded to this reasonable request by allowing a petulant frown to furrow my brow as I plonked down the bag. Perhaps it was something about the way I then unzipped it which caused her, not a woman to be outdone in the grumpy stakes, to forego the usual quick once-over and ask me to empty it. So out came the books, the i-Pad, the dirty laundry, the KY, the condoms, the frilly knickers. Unfazed, she gave me an almost imperceptible nod and I quietly repacked the bag, with dignity I thought, and continued on my way.

The moral of the tale is of course always to smile, however aggravating the circumstances, when dealing with people in Thailand with the power to complicate your life. Actually it's not a bad rule wherever you happen to be.

joe552
December 27th, 2017, 14:34
Do you have a favourite brand of frilly knickers?

frequent
December 27th, 2017, 14:58
Do you have a favourite brand of frilly knickers?Possibly he buys them online https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/frilly+knickers.html

joe552
December 27th, 2017, 15:32
I buy mine from a company in Australia.

snotface
December 27th, 2017, 17:03
Do you have a favourite brand of frilly knickers?

I don't pay attention to brand names. Skimpy ones. I hope you don't think for one goddarn moment they're for me. Perish the thought! I find that some boys like to put them on and lip-synch along to my recording of 'I'm just a gal who cain't say no.'

joe552
December 27th, 2017, 17:27
A serious question now - how do you think a bar boy would react if I asked him to wear panties? I don't like straight hunky guys, rather twinks, but not too fem.

bkkguy
December 27th, 2017, 18:51
foolishly responded to this reasonable request

no it is not a "reasonable" request, it is just security theatre at its worst and the BTS and MRT efforts make the TSA scanning at US airports look professional - and they have a 95% detection failure rate!

just walk confidently past as if you haven't even noticed them, they will rarely if ever challenge you - your HI-SO Thai friends can help you master this skill, they have perfected it for avoiding all sorts of irrelevant, irritating, useless obstructions like security, beggars, touts, etc

having said that I don't disagree with your advice about dealing with people in Thailand who [I]really have the power to complicate your life - I will always smile and be polite to them even if they are being absolute pricks

bkkguy

a447
December 27th, 2017, 19:58
A serious question now - how do you think a bar boy would react if I asked him to wear panties? I don't like straight hunky guys, rather twinks, but not too fem.

You're paying, so the question is probably irrelevant.

scottish-guy
December 27th, 2017, 21:02
Are they your panties that you want the boy to wear Joe?

joe552
December 27th, 2017, 21:49
No, SG - I'd have my own, and new ones for him. Actually just back from M&S where I bought new bras and knickers for my holidays. Love sitting on the balcony in my bra and panties.

scottish-guy
December 28th, 2017, 01:19
Good old M&S - unlike cheaper brands they do an extra strong double-gusset which is ideal for matrons nearing 62 years of age

:p

joe552
December 28th, 2017, 03:32
Getting back on track, I worked for many years in retail, restaurants and hotels. A smile to a member of staff is worth a lot.

Brad the Impala
December 28th, 2017, 05:29
A smile to a member of staff is worth a lot.

Preferably with your teeth in.

gerefan2
December 28th, 2017, 08:15
No, SG - I'd have my own, and new ones for him. Actually just back from M&S where I bought new bras and knickers for my holidays. Love sitting on the balcony in my bra and panties.

If this weather continues you won’t be sitting on any balcony, dressed or otherwise.
Last few nights it’s been bloody cold and pissing down all evening...

frequent
December 28th, 2017, 09:11
Hmmm. In Bangkok it rained Tuesday night, and drizzled throughout Wednesday and into the evening. Certainly not "last few nights". However I don't think of 20 - 22 degrees Celsius as "bloody cold" - I keep my air-conditioning (if it's on at all) at 24 - 25 degrees - and after coming home last night from Silom Soi 4 I did indeed sit out on my balcony in my underwear and found it refreshing. I'd prefer it to be balmy rather than merely refreshing, but one can't have everything in life

Patanawet
December 28th, 2017, 11:57
no it is not a "reasonable" request, it is just security theatre at its worst and the BTS and MRT efforts make the TSA scanning at US airports look professional - and they have a 95% detection failure rate!

just walk confidently past as if you haven't even noticed them, they will rarely if ever challenge you - your HI-SO Thai friends can help you master this skill, they have perfected it for avoiding all sorts of irrelevant, irritating, useless obstructions like security, beggars, touts, etc

having said that I don't disagree with your advice about dealing with people in Thailand who really have the power to complicate your life - I will always smile and be polite to them even if they are being absolute pricks

bkkguy

How arrogant.
Maybe it is theatre-- it just might put off someone who is up to no good. Who are you to ignore these people who are only doing their job. HiSo are you?

Call me LoSo but I manage to smile at all people --- no matter how much OR LITTLE they have the power to complicate my life.

Try it sometime -- you are in Thailand -- are you?

Smiles
December 28th, 2017, 12:08
I did indeed sit out on my balcony in my underwear
I knew it! I speculated, but no proof. Thanks for that.

joe552
December 28th, 2017, 12:09
frequent, you hansum man. I'd sit on your balcony in my undies any time.

gerefan2
December 28th, 2017, 13:17
Hmmm. In Bangkok it rained Tuesday night, and drizzled throughout Wednesday and into the evening. Certainly not "last few nights". However I don't think of 20 - 22 degrees Celsius as "bloody cold" - I keep my air-conditioning (if it's on at all) at 24 - 25 degrees - and after coming home last night from Silom Soi 4 I did indeed sit out on my balcony in my underwear and found it refreshing. I'd prefer it to be balmy rather than merely refreshing, but one can't have everything in life

I’m talking about Pattaya not Bangkok.

joe552
December 28th, 2017, 13:44
It's currently 0 degrees here in Dublin, with snow forecast. Anything above 18 is good for me.

latintopxxx
December 28th, 2017, 15:40
..a smile and humour does go a long way...in Thailand it doesnt pay to show annoyance...unless u have good reason and then its gotta be moderated.

bkkguy
December 28th, 2017, 18:49
How arrogant.?

not being willing to be complicit in other people's games with important issues like security doesn't make me arrogant just because you are willing to be the subservient easily impressed type

I suppose you are just as impressed with that other piece of theatre played out twice yearly here in Thailand - the police/government response to the road carnage during the "seven dangerous days"

bkkguy

Patanawet
December 29th, 2017, 09:11
Silly reply. Not worth a response.