PDA

View Full Version : 'Freezing' in Thailand?

newalaan2
December 19th, 2017, 20:32
Social media in Thailand full of screen shots of temperature levels......

All the gay lads facebook pages referring to how cold it is in Pattaya and elsewhere at the moment. 18 degrees Pattaya according to many, and 13 degrees Khon Kaen according to bf. Talk of having to get to the mall/market for jackets!

Even a western vlogger in Khon Kaen saying he has 'only' shorts with him and will have to get to a clothes market for long 'pants'...American.

Sounds like perfect Thailand temperatures to me, wish I was there to 'put up' with this cold snap...... Forum members in Thailand now noticing a difference in temp?

cdnmatt
December 19th, 2017, 20:59
Yeah, last couple days has definitely been cold.

Like I said in my other thread, summer time for Canadians like me! :)

gerefan2
December 19th, 2017, 21:01
Brass Monkey in Pattaya in the evenings. Ok in the day. Supposed to last until the 22nd.

newalaan2
December 19th, 2017, 21:34
Like I said in my other thread

Sorry, didn't fully read that thread as I lost interest the second it went from the subject matter to a wildly off topic 'cdnmatt' inquisition again, don't mind the occasional off topic, side/associated topic which flows naturally or taken elsewhere by the OP himself, but I really think the derailing of some topics here by a small minority is seriously affecting the contribution levels from a wider range of members and subjects.

I really wish this small minority would just start a new subject and leave the original alone, it's not entertaining, it's not banter...it's boring. I seem to be having more discussions about topics which should be on this main forum by PMs or email instead nowadays as some members just refuse to make contributions to the main forum and have them hijacked and so communicate direct rather than using the forum vehicle. Disappointing that a moderator was one of the guilty on the 'summer' topic. Isn't the moderator in the position where he could just start a new topic about 'cdnmatt inquisition' and move all relative posts there, all in one neat little thread so as not to litter the forum in general. Then it would be easy for members to choose to read/contribute or pass.

kittyboy
December 20th, 2017, 00:34
I agree. The constant bashing of Matt for his perceived inconsistencies is very old.

Moses
December 20th, 2017, 00:38
... and annoying

cdnmatt
December 20th, 2017, 01:18
See, I hate this. All I did was confirm that yes, it's quite colder than normal in Thailand right now.

frequent
December 20th, 2017, 01:26
Like I said in my other thread, summer time for Canadians like me! :)That isn't actually what you claimed in your "other thread" but I guess revisionism is your style

Brad the Impala
December 20th, 2017, 01:56
... and annoying

There was mention a while back of introducing a dislike button as well as the like button. I can't remember what the conclusion was, possibly feasible but not advisable, but how about a yawn button, which would be a useful response to those who keep repeating the same old interrogation of posters' credibility? In the absence of that I and others feel obliged to join in, which sometimes raises the temperature unnecessarily, although this might be helpful in the cold spell.

arsenal
December 20th, 2017, 07:35
For the good of the board Matt should have a one month holiday from us and us from him and the hourly minutiae of his 'life'.

bobsaigon2
December 20th, 2017, 08:41
For the good of the board Matt should have a one month holiday from us and us from him and the hourly minutiae of his 'life'.

One month would be too long. The SGT Envoy will be meeting Matt on 15 Jan and we need immediate news of that encounter. Three weeks would be good.

arsenal
December 20th, 2017, 08:51
Yep. I'd take that.

cdnmatt
December 20th, 2017, 08:52
No, I think I'll just take a permanent abscense from the board, because quite obviously, my prescense is causing quite a disruption.

I'll still be in KK for Joe's 15th meet. He can post whatever he wants afterwards. I really don't care.

a447
December 20th, 2017, 08:58
Disappointing that a moderator was one of the guilty on the 'summer'topic.

Guilty as charged.

But I have been relatively constrained recently and have resisted the temptation to comment on threads and individual comments when, in the past, I would have done so.

The "Summer is here" topic was derailed in post #2 and then continually derailed by the OP himself, posting about being blind (!), Leo's mother, etc. I came in at #17, long after the topic had moved on.

Isn't the moderator in the position where he could just start a new topic about 'cdnmatt inquisition' and move all relative posts there, all in one neat little thread

Yes, but in Matt's case, moving the posts would be a never-ending task. The quickest solution would be for Matt to stop opening new threads about his life. Just one is enough. Then all the comments would be in the one place.

Matt is demanding that I apologise for doubting his "I'm blind" saga. It's a story which he has been repeating ad finitum for over a year at every opportunity. (see above).

But he wants an apology only from me - noone else; not even from all those who have been more harshly critical and have posted more questions to Matt than me.

Therefore, if Matt insists on an apology, surely I have the right to demand something in return from him in order to decide whether or not an apology is warranted. This is it:

If you say you are a blind man living this truly dramatic life you can not stop posting about, (but make contradictory comments which suggest very strongly that you are not being truthful), please clear up the contradictions for me. Actually, just that one will do.

Otherwise, stop asking me for an apology.

When someone posts, they open themselves up to all kinds of comment, including criticism and scrutiny. If they are not prepared for that, they should think carefully before they hit the "submit" button.

Rolling Stone
December 20th, 2017, 09:21
... but how about a yawn button ...

Yep a yawn button is highly desirable!

Blueskytoday
December 20th, 2017, 13:22
It is not interesting to 99% of the viewers and posters here when 3 - 5 guys go back and forth with their banter to each other. Reply directly to them..everyone else
could care less what you say to each other as it is OFF TOPIC MOST OF THE TIME....

joe552
December 20th, 2017, 13:36
So fucking skip it. You're not being forced to read this.

a447
December 20th, 2017, 13:53
Well said!

For goodness sake, can't you just stop reading comments you find boring?

Brad the Impala
December 20th, 2017, 13:58
When someone posts, they open themselves up to all kinds of comment, including criticism and scrutiny. If they are not prepared for that, they should think carefully before they hit the "submit" button.

This attitude, especially from a moderator, is a real disincentive to people posting their experiences, which I think is high on the list of reasons for people visiting the forums. Exchange of information and experiences.

No one is entitled to demand accountability from an anonymous poster. You don't believe someone, move on as you would from a bullshitter in a bar, don't keep drawing attention to them by arguing with them.

a447
December 20th, 2017, 14:13
I am not arguing. I'm asking for an explanation. There is a difference.

Matt is drawing attention to himself.

It's amazing how among those who claim the right to free speech, there are some who willingly deny the same to others.

Members are free to post whatever they like, as long as it conforms to the rules. Yet here you are, telling members what they are or are not "entitled" to do.

Sorry, but that's not your call.

Being a moderator does not mean one can't question members' comments. All moderators in the past have done exactly that.

But it does mean that I will no longer get into a back and forth with you.

aussie_
December 20th, 2017, 14:34
The motorcycle taxi guys have been sitting by a fire the last few nights out front of Jomtiem Complex. The bar boys are wearing jackets with hoodies and even the farangs are feeling the cold breeze if they sit at the tables out front of the bars in the soi at night. Not many bar boys if any are wearing singlets and shorts at present so the eye candy appeal of the bars has also gone cold.

a447
December 20th, 2017, 14:57
I've decided to drop into Thailand on my way home from my Christmas /NY holiday,

To that end I messaged a "friend" so that we could meet up. At present he is home in Issan and reckons it is freezing.

I hope it gets even colder in Thailand. That will save me having to also pack a set of summer clothes!

joe552
December 20th, 2017, 15:00
a447, of course you're entitled to post in the same way as the rest of us. But your relentless pursuit of Matt is just boring at this stage. Ffx, move on.

a447
December 20th, 2017, 15:03
Compared to others, my pursuit is hardly "relentless."

In fact, if you go over the history of Matt's "blind" story - Im sure you've got better things to do - you'll see that I am not his harshest or most prolific critic.

I gave up asking him about his "typos" long ago. I brought it up again recently as he is demanding an apology.

joe552
December 20th, 2017, 16:45
Wouldn't you be royally pissed off if you went to Thailand for your holliers and had to buy a sweater, 'cos there are only T shirts in your case.

aot871
December 20th, 2017, 17:30
a447, of course you're entitled to post in the same way as the rest of us. But your relentless pursuit of Matt is just boring at this stage. Ffx, move on.

Joe , if you have a problem , with a447 , why don't you send him a private message , the trouble with this site at the present is these messages which go off at a tangent

joe552
December 20th, 2017, 17:37
aot871, how much can be said about the weather in Thailand that hasn't been said already. One of the plus points for this site is the freewheeling nature of the discussions.

Nirish guy
December 20th, 2017, 17:39
Joe , if you have a problem , with a447 , why don't you send him a private message , the trouble with this site at the present is these messages which go off at a tangent

Which of course you could have done with your message to Joe.........and I mine to you....but look, neither of us chose to either it appears.

aot871
December 20th, 2017, 19:46
Which of course you could have done with your message to Joe.........and I mine to you....but look, neither of us chose to either it appears.

I must agree , it is my fault,, I just did not think

Chuai-Duai
December 21st, 2017, 11:55
Early this morning I made a regular walk along a Soi with the usual number of feral dogs. I was surprised, however, to see that one had a coat on. So not as feral as I thought though I doubt it's really cold enough for the dog to need it.

joe552
December 21st, 2017, 13:53
I was once stopped in my tracks outside the Mercure Hotel by a pack of soi dogs. The security guy intervened, I don't know if it was his tone of voice or what, but I got past okay. I like dogs, but the packs of soi dogs terrify me.

Chuai-Duai
December 21st, 2017, 14:48
That's the Soi I was walking along. The dogs are always there but I've never had a problem with them although they can look a bit intimidating.

arsenal
December 22nd, 2017, 21:48
Cold for elephants too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42451356

samebb
December 23rd, 2017, 01:35
I am outside of Thailand right now but my LINE is on fire.

If you didn't know, some of these boys live without hot water. It's been so cold for them they can't face taking showers.
Any of you high season folks, give these boys a nice hotel room for a hot shower!

Smiles
December 24th, 2017, 10:28
The last few days in Bangkok were as pleasant as I've ever seen. It was a joy to walk around downtown rather than the smelly, sticky, barbecue it is usually. Wore a sweater to a night club (which has never happened) and sat outside under a tree for coffee, at noon! For a few hours it felt like Paris. :heart:

Right now in Hua Hin it is not what one would call cool, but certainly not cooking either.