PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter Bar in Bangkok

werner
December 18th, 2017, 17:26
I know that that the Jupiter bar in Bangkok has moved to a new location, and the new business has been reviewed here and elsewhere.

I have heard that a NEW go-go bar is operating at the OLD location off Suriwong Street. It has a name something like Bar 66...

Has anyone visited it? Please provide some information and a review.

frequent
December 18th, 2017, 19:58
The latest ploy by hookers in the Surawong area is, so a friend tells me, to contact former ATMs who were foolish enough to hand out their phone number, advising of an imminent crackdown by the government resulting in the permanent closure of all - yes, all - the boy bars in Soi Prostitute (aka. Soi Twilight) and asking for immediate and on-going financial support. As Jupiter is now in Soi 4 (and no, I haven't bothered to visit) undoubtedly its workers will avoid this dreadful fate

christianpfc
December 19th, 2017, 09:47
There is plenty of information on old and new Jupiter on gaythailand discussing new Jupiter 2018 in Silom Soi 4 and the new venue Boy 66 where Jupiter 2002 used to be.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/11000-jupiter-2018-is-open/
and elsewhere on gaythailand (but only little here)

Jupiter 2018 now charges 300 THB entry (first drink), but even for free I wouldn't go, it's not my style. Not so much gogo bar, more show bar, and boys in jeans on stage most of the time, not thanks!

Rolling Stone
December 19th, 2017, 19:19
Jupiter 2018 now charges 300 THB entry (first drink), but even for free I wouldn't go, it's not my style. Not so much gogo bar, more show bar, and boys in jeans on stage most of the time, not thanks!

Christian, we are in the same camp. I'd better offer my support of your view here as the other board seems to have many fans of the joint.
Was there last weekend (just wandering and entered the premise almost by accident) at around midnight. All wore some random street clothes, a couple bare chested. Not even one dancer could remotely induce my lust. The beer was icy cold. Did not finish the beer and left and should be long long before I return.

newalaan2
December 19th, 2017, 21:15
There is plenty of information on old and new Jupiter on gaythailand discussing new Jupiter 2018 in Silom Soi 4 and the new venue Boy 66 where Jupiter 2002 used to be. Jupiter 2018 now charges 300 THB entry (first drink), but even for free I wouldn't go, it's not my style. Not so much gogo bar, more show bar, and boys in jeans on stage most of the time, not thanks!

Christian, we are in the same camp. I'd better offer my support of your view here as the other board seems to have many fans of the joint. Was there last weekend (just wandering and entered the premise almost by accident) at around midnight. All wore some random street clothes, a couple bare chested. Not even one dancer could remotely induce my lust. The beer was icy cold. Did not finish the beer and left and should be long long before I return.

Haven't visited the new version (Boy66) of Jupiter at it's previous location so can't comment on that. But For me the 'new' Jupiter 2018 is not even a show bar as Christian describes it, it's more just a Fashion Parade with catwalk and available boys. I don't really get it as a Gogo bar concept. I don't off boys from gogo bars nowadays anyway but if I did this place would be useless for me as the boys were on stage only briefly for their 'turn' and either semi or fully clothed with little/no interaction with punters.

The very first time I went just after it opened, it was ok for me as I like the live music which was on later and the subsequent drinks after the initial Bt280-300 first drink entrance fee were 'normal' menu prices, so I don't mind visiting just for a look round or out of interest as it's on Soi 4. The guys on display while not my style, were certainly handsome and toned.

Yes the 'other' board does seem to have fans of the joint or more likely fans of the type of boy in that joint which they fawn over from bar to bar and respond quickly to any criticism, or perceived criticism. Their defence of some apparent gogo bar 'superstar' who was arrested was a good example, an 'ordinary' looking lad to me....nothing special yet pleads for his 'forgiveness' from some members there. But no reason not to make your opinion known over there. Even a member here banned from GT 'samebb' went apeshit when I made these observations after a recent visit to Jupiter.

As a Gogo bar the set-up is a bit odd, but at 'only' Bt300 for first drink I'll still visit from time to time just for a look/update as it's a gay venue/boybar.

gerefan2
December 19th, 2017, 21:23
It’s the same at BBB. No underwear.
Whilst you will never really know the truth behind it a Friend of mine who manages a bar nearby tells me it’s something to do with cheaper payments to the BiB...

werner
January 7th, 2018, 12:09
If the new Jupiter is just a fashion show with guys in jeans, I skip the place.

But, the guys can still be offed, correct? And some guys are shirtless, or they can take off their shirts? Excessive tattoos are a real turn off for me....

Tintin
January 7th, 2018, 15:12
On a typical night, there are dozens of good looking guys there, many of them of model quality. They present themselves in jeans and shoes, but all are shirtless. Compared to other bars, there might be less interaction (smiling) with the customers. But they are well aware if you watch them, and of course they are offable! This is why they are there at the bar, after all.

werner
January 7th, 2018, 15:45
Tintin,

Thanks for the information. I will definitely take a look at the new Jupiter bar.

christianpfc
January 7th, 2018, 18:49
...and of course they are offable!
But at what prices?

I happily take the bus to and stay in a hotel in Pattaya, to have a look at twinks in underwear, for drinks for average 200 THB, and off fees average 400 THB, and who, after a 1000 THB tip for short time and exchanging contact information, will message me "When will you be back?".

Tintin
January 7th, 2018, 20:02
But at what prices?

Jupiter 2018: First drink 300, second drink 150, off 400, ST 2000, as far as I can tell.

I agree that most prices (particularly tips for twinks) are much cheaper in Pattaya. But then you will not find the model quality of boys there, as in Jupiter. So as always, it depends on what you are looking for.

a447
January 7th, 2018, 23:38
Any news on whether they perform back in the room?

If they are as hot as people say, then I'd off them in a heartbeat.

But I've sometimes found that the bar stars are very poor performers in bed and certainly not worth the money.

christianpfc
January 8th, 2018, 09:26
I can only imagine what a Jupiter boy would say when I tell him that I only ever pay 1000 THB for short time.

There have been multiple reports of poor performance
(I think firecat on gaythailand took 7 boys from there years ago - the old Jupiter - and none of them was any good).

Anyway if it starts with attitude (our staff are models, not prostitutes) and high prices (2000 for short time), I'm out.

a447
January 8th, 2018, 09:38
(I think firecat on gaythailand took 7 boys from there years ago - the old Jupiter - and none of them was any good).

Perhaps they would have performed better had he taken them out on separate nights!

christianpfc
January 8th, 2018, 09:47
I should have been more clearly? He took the boys on separate occasions, and the last was years ago (before the move).

Jupiter 2018: Whenever I had a look through the door, and once even entered by invitation of a friend, I didn't see anyone who is my type, so I can happily close the chapter of Jupiter 2018.

Whereas in BoyzBoyzBoyz in Pattaya, there were some who are my type, but now with boys dressed in jeans in higher tip expectations than elsewhere, I just don't go there any more, so I don't have to encounter the problem of wanting a boy who works there, but not wanting to support a business that does not cater to my tastes - boys in underwear - and not wanting to pay above average tip.

frequent
January 8th, 2018, 10:23
(I think firecat on gaythailand took 7 boys from there years ago - the old Jupiter - and none of them was any good).And John's an absolute connoisseur when it comes to bar boys (seriously)

catawampuscat
January 8th, 2018, 10:42
And John's an absolute connoisseur when it comes to bar boys (seriously)

For years, he’s posted that he hires from the gay apps like Grindr and not gogo boybars.

frequent
January 8th, 2018, 13:34
For years, he’s posted that he hires from the gay apps like Grindr and not gogo boybars.When I met him in Bangkok he pretty much knew the name and performance of every bar boy in Soi Twilight. Those were the preApp days. However he never paid an off fee, always by-passing the mamsan (just like the Apps do) and exchanging phone numbers with the boy of his choice. Here's another word for Joe - disintermediation (cutting out the middle man)

samebb
January 8th, 2018, 15:01
Even a member here banned from GT 'samebb' went apeshit when I made these observations after a recent visit to Jupiter.

I think "apeshit" is a bit of an exaggeration. I was simply pointing out inaccuracies.
I am not a fan of the place either. Having been invited there a few times now, I will attend for a drink with friends but I certainly don't go there for the guys. It's a nice venue though with sensible pricing. Can't fault them there. They must be doing something right as they are always packed!

frequent
January 8th, 2018, 15:35
I think "apeshit" is a bit of an exaggeration. I was simply pointing out inaccuracies.Heavens, what did you do, SameBareBack? Dare to disagree with the Grand Ayatollah himself?

werner
January 8th, 2018, 15:54
[QUOTE=Tintin;235027]Jupiter 2018: First drink 300, second drink 150, off 400, ST 2000, as far as I can tell.

Tintin, if these prices are correct, and if the guys are as hot and as many [and as manly -- "model quality"] as you have suggested, then I will certainly be visiting Jupiter many times on my next trip.

I will probably even consider threesomes .....

Patanawet
January 9th, 2018, 11:18
[QUOTE=christianpfc;235064]I should have been more clearly? He took the boys on separate occasions, and the last was years ago (before the move).

/QUOTE]
It's a joke. it's a joke. Oh, never mind.