PDA

View Full Version : Name That Bar!

joe552
December 17th, 2017, 03:07
So you're ready to open your new bar in Sunee Plaza. Only major thing to do is decide on a name. My preferred option would be Up to You Bar. Farang says to BF: where you want go for drink? BF: Up to You!!. And they come on down.

Of course, among ex-pats it would quickly morph into the Up Yours bar, which is also a good name.

What would you call yours?

scottish-guy
December 17th, 2017, 04:48
Not sure how to compete with existing/former gems like The Cockwell Inn in BT and Shagger Bar in Jomtien, but Jack Hoff's , The Bell End Bar, Climax Bar, Ophelia Boy and of course Juicy Boys are possibilities. If we had some trans boys then Fanny & Dick's would be seriously considered.

I wouldn't actually use any of those though and as it appears that one bar owner has already (inadvertently) stolen one of my ideas I'm not revealing my biggie :p - but here's a hint: knowing Christian's tastes he wouldn't be a regular patron even though his pineapple juice would be permanently on the house, I suspect it would be right up Father Clapp's alley, and Len of course would be banned sine die

:drink:

frequent
December 17th, 2017, 05:02
... and Len of course would be banned sine dieYou haven't considered "Apposite" as a possible name that Len would ban? I rather like The Kumquat myself

scottish-guy
December 17th, 2017, 05:04
But I'm not interested in what Len would ban - I'm only interested in never having him darken my doorstep.

I'd buy in extra cushions for Francois - or maybe even have a "comfort room" but I expect he's a bit of an exhibitionist so would prefer the cushions :p

:D

frequent
December 17th, 2017, 05:14
- or maybe even have a "comfort room"Hmmm. A "comfort room". Is that the same meaning of "comfort" that was used for foreign women who serviced Japanese soldiers during the Second World War? A friend of mine is very keen to be a "comfort man" for young Japanese soldiers

latintopxxx
December 17th, 2017, 05:30
frequent...that really is in bad taste...I bet u make holocaust jokes too...trample kittens ....and pick the wings off a butterfly...

arsenal
December 17th, 2017, 05:33
I'd call my place The Good L-UK Bar and all cocktails would come with a lovely little Union Jack flag. You'd be most welcome.

frequent
December 17th, 2017, 05:41
frequent...that really is in bad taste...I bet u make holocaust jokes too...trample kittens ....and pick the wings off a butterfly...Kittens certainly, although generally I struggle with the concept of a joke that's in good taste

joe552
December 17th, 2017, 05:49
If I remember correctly from my one trip to Manila, the comfort room was the toilet.

SG some good suggestions. I'm dying to know who the mystery man is.

Andaman!
December 17th, 2017, 06:51
I think I’d open the “Hard Cock Cafe”

joe552
December 17th, 2017, 07:03
The Stick It Inn?

latintopxxx
December 17th, 2017, 08:21
nah...bj central...have a whole harem waiting...u pick one...loosen your belt..and sit down

scottish-guy
December 17th, 2017, 08:30
Subtle as always Father

snotface
December 17th, 2017, 08:36
Cheap Thrills would be a good name for a bar IMO.

a447
December 17th, 2017, 08:52
I'd call it "The Treasure Trail", as it will lead you to where you ultimately want to go.

joe552
December 17th, 2017, 11:23
a447, a bit obscure, but you'd be employing moneyboys, by the sounds of it.

I was going to suggest the Cock Inn, but there a couple of bars of that name in England.

Dalewood
December 17th, 2017, 12:00
Boys-R-Us? The Prick Up Joint?

Aside: Foreign movies sometimes get their titles changed when showing in Japan. For example: One of the Karate Kid movies was Best Boy when shown in Japan. My favorite example was the abbreviation of "Prick Up Your Ears" to the first two words.

joe552
December 17th, 2017, 12:06
Dalewood, I like Boys R Us

a447
December 17th, 2017, 12:34
a447, a bit obscure, but you'd be employing moneyboys, by the sounds of it.

Sure would!

I'm not a drinker so if I'm going to go into a bar I want hot, available hosts.

Well then, why not just call a spade a spade and name it either The Cock Bar or The Cum Bar. That gives potential customers a good idea about what kind of bar it is.

joe552
December 17th, 2017, 12:55
The Cock & Bullshit?

frequent
December 17th, 2017, 14:41
I'd call it "The Treasure Trail", as it will lead you to where you ultimately want to go.And you'll be parting with your treasure along the way

colmx
December 17th, 2017, 17:33
I always thought Monkey Boys would be a good name.

Have loads of poles for the Monkeyboys to swing out of.... Like they used to have in Superboy's patong.

Or how about "Joes Jungle Juice" - you could rename it to Joes Jingle Juice at Christmas!

FarangRuMak
December 17th, 2017, 19:18
English Style:
The Love-Inn Arms.
The Duke of of Eatoncum.
The Pick-a-Willy.
Aussie style/Irish Style anyone?

a447
December 17th, 2017, 19:32
Aussie style?

How about the "Wannaroot Bar"?

Dalewood
December 17th, 2017, 19:50
The Cock & Bullshit?

No Joe, that would be the name for this forum.....

joe552
December 17th, 2017, 20:08
The Irish don't engage in that smutty language. The Church kindly taught us some values.

joe552
December 17th, 2017, 21:29
Just for information - most Irish bars (outside Dublin) bear the owner's name (or the original owner's). There are bars in Dublin which are different: The Turk's Head, The Brazen Head - the 2 main gay bars, Panti and the George.

So perhaps The Cockshaft? The Arseangel?