PDA

View Full Version : The Diesel Fitter

joe552
December 11th, 2017, 19:01
Apologies for copying latintop, and posting multiple threads at once.

Years ago my mother used to shop in a ladies wear store which employed a Diesel Fitter. His role? Assess the size of the customer, select the appropriate garment, and say: diesel fitter.

I'll get me coat.

snotface
December 12th, 2017, 07:49
I wonder if one of his customers was the Australian shopper Emma Chisett.

joe552
December 12th, 2017, 10:44
Took me a minute, till I tried an Australian accent, a la a447. I like your style, snotface. Let's keep it going. You're never too old for a bit of boyish humour.

a447
December 12th, 2017, 13:55
.... till I tried an Australian accent, a la a447.

Now, that would be interesting, as I don't speak with an Aussie accent. Like my virginity, I lost that years ago.

Most people think I'm British.

joe552
December 12th, 2017, 16:51
But you're Australian, yes? And I was only imagining your accent. I've never met you and have never heard you speak. Think yourself lucky you got a mention in one of my posts.

a447
December 12th, 2017, 17:15
When I returned to Australia after all those years in Japan, people often asked me where I came from or what part of England I came from.

One person said I sounded like a Pakistani!

scottish-guy
December 13th, 2017, 05:18
Think yourself lucky you got a mention in one of my posts.

The ultimate accolade

:p

bkkguy
December 13th, 2017, 18:40
The ultimate accolade

coming from Joe it is more likely to be the ultimate Lucozade

bkkguy

scottish-guy
December 14th, 2017, 00:05
Lucozade must be one of the worlds most successful re-marketing exercises ever.

Those of us who are of a certain vintage will remember that Lucozade was originally something you took with you when you went to visit somebody at deaths door who could not eat, or you fed it to someone ill at home.

It's morphed from that to a sports drink - the complete opposite target group!!

Incidentally, I doubt many people will know that there was a Scottish version - it was called Ferguzade and made in Forfar, also home to the famous Forfar Bridie meat pastry

joe552
December 14th, 2017, 01:19
You're right SG, I doubt many people know about that. And how it changed the world.

scottish-guy
December 14th, 2017, 02:14
We're pretty good at inventing things that changed the world Joe - alas Ferguzade and the Forfar Bridie aren't two of them

:D

bkkguy
December 14th, 2017, 19:53
Those of us who are of a certain vintage will remember that Lucozade was originally something you took with you when you went to visit somebody at deaths door who could not eat, or you fed it to someone ill at home.

It's morphed from that to a sports drink - the complete opposite target group!!

in my post re Joe, and in its formulation with 16g of sugar per bottle until 2017, I was thinking more of the original image of the product

bkkguy