PDA

View Full Version : Logistics

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 07:17
Ronan is the first board member I've met in person. To be honest, he's more Librarian than Barbarian. We had a few drinks, and I really enjoyed his company. Looking forward to a few more drinks in Pattaya in January.

So despite the absence of colmx (I saw photos and he's not bad for a man of his age), we agreed the plan for our meeting in Panorama on 14 January. Things like sleeping bags, who's bringing the tent (colmx) and that sort of thing. So it's looking like a good night.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 07:24
Three Irishmen meeting up in BT - let's hope Panorama is well stocked :p

I'm sure you'll have a great time

:drink:

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 14:31
I don't think Ronan will mind if I mention he's not a big drinker He had a couple of glasses of cider while I had pints of Guinness.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 14:43
Well I'm part Irish (back in the day) but u fortunately not sufficiently to get a passport.

Anyhoo I think my Irishness must be extremely latent as of all the drinks I've ever sampled I genuinely cant stand Guinness !!

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 15:19
Ah, must be very far back in the day SG.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:25
Great grandmother

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 16:11
In that case, you can't have one of our highly prized passports.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 16:56
I already knew that.

I guess after 2019 I'll just have to queue up at the Brexit passport control booth throughout Europe

:cray_mini:

RonanTheBarbarian
December 5th, 2017, 17:46
Ronan is the first board member I've met in person. To be honest, he's more Librarian than Barbarian. We had a few drinks, and I really enjoyed his company. Looking forward to a few more drinks in Pattaya in January.

So despite the absence of colmx (I saw photos and he's not bad for a man of his age), we agreed the plan for our meeting in Panorama on 14 January. Things like sleeping bags, who's bringing the tent (colmx) and that sort of thing. So it's looking like a good night.

Thanks Joe, I really enjoyed our chat as well. Its just a pity your attempt to set me up with a Yank tourist didnt work out, but you cannot have everything.

I am sure colmx will be delighted to know that he is "not bad for a man of his age"! Slightly backhanded compliment there perhaps, but I guess when you are an old duffer like colmx you have to take whatever compliments you get :D

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 17:58
Spot on Ronan. So I'll have to keep the Yank for myself. Plan to take them to the Bleeding Horse tonight (that's a pub, for you non Dubliners)

colmx
December 6th, 2017, 03:22
Things like sleeping bags, who's bringing the tent (colmx) and that sort of thing. So it's looking like a good night.
I didn't realise that we were going camping in CDNMatts backyard in KhonKaen!
Hope his ruffian dogs leave my precious Chihuahua alone!

joe552
December 6th, 2017, 04:38
So you finally woke up,you lazy hoor. I'm the special friend that Matt has invited, so your precious dog is safe. So have you got the tent yet? Ronan claimed you were reliable about stuff like this, but I have my doubts.

colmx
December 6th, 2017, 05:35
Ronan claimed you were reliable about stuff like this, but I have my doubts.
I am reliable to keep going until 5-6 am on any drinking night.... but never expect to see me before 15.30 in the daytime!

As for the tent... I have a trailer tent that I have been keeping in storage in Pattaya for such an occasion. I shall have my men air it and the sleeping bags in advance of your arrival

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 05:36
3 irish men all camping out together - probably going to be fights as it all sounds like you'll all be very IN TENTS if you ask me ! :)

scottish-guy
December 6th, 2017, 05:44
I envisage their upcoming road trip as an Irish version of Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

I've never met or seen Colmx or Ronan so I can't say which characters from Priscilla each might resemble, but I have seen a pic of Joe and based on that I have no hesitation is nominating him as Bernice or maybe change it to Bernadette just to keep t'e old Irish t'ing goin'.

:D

colmx
December 6th, 2017, 05:51
The middle pic is definitely Joe!
Not sure which one is me or Ronan!

joe552
December 6th, 2017, 07:03
I don't know where you lot are getting these photos of me. Yes, I'm the guy with the bottle.

SG where have you seen an actual photo of me?

a447
December 6th, 2017, 09:12
Same place that I saw it, Joe.

You posted a photo on the forum.

I'm assuming that was an actual photo.

joe552
December 6th, 2017, 12:06
Sorry, I have no memory of that. Is it the one with my big cock out?

scottish-guy
December 6th, 2017, 14:08
I think this is the apposite time to remind you that you've already posted about having a very small cock

joe552
December 6th, 2017, 18:05
I've no idea of where to look for said (or sad) photo. Could a mod (a447?) post it here?

a447
December 6th, 2017, 18:33
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19206-Sleeping-in-the-villages/page4

joe552
December 6th, 2017, 19:12
thanks a447, I'd forgotten that. As Ronan can now confirm, I'm much more hansum man in real life.

poshglasgow
December 9th, 2017, 23:59
Well I'm part Irish (back in the day) but u fortunately not sufficiently to get a passport.

Anyhoo I think my Irishness must be extremely latent as of all the drinks I've ever sampled I genuinely cant stand Guinness !!

Hi SG,

I too am a Scot: I had Irish grandparents so I applied for Irish citizenship and after a year, almost to the day of sending in my application, my passport arrived. However, getting all the info and certificates etc together was a nightmare!!

scottish-guy
December 10th, 2017, 02:08
Yes indeedy - holding an Irish passport is the smart move these days.

latintopxxx
December 10th, 2017, 07:30
..loathsome rats deserting a perfectly good floating ship steaming ahead...good riddance i say...

arsenal
December 10th, 2017, 07:39
Oh Fuck. Got to agree with Poxxy. I could get an Irish passport tomorrow but the thought doesn't enter my head.