PDA

View Full Version : Liar Len

arsenal
December 4th, 2017, 17:00
Liar Len addresses the crowd and informs them that after a brief chat with Moses he will remain as moderator. The crowd screams.

arsenal
December 4th, 2017, 17:10
To friend and foe alike. Knock yourselves out.
:clapping:

Nirish guy
December 4th, 2017, 17:12
you announce that as if anyone might be even remotely surprised.

cdnmatt
December 4th, 2017, 17:31
Ok, instead of banging on the guy because you just don't like him personally, go ahead and list what he's done wrong during his actions as mod.

bobsaigon2
December 4th, 2017, 18:35
Ok, instead of banging on the guy because you just don't like him personally, go ahead and list what he's done wrong during his actions as mod.

On that list of what he's done wrong, put every anti-SG posting he's made since he became moderator. A proper moderator would have recused himself from the fracas. But I suppose his interpretation of "moderator" is one which meets his own special needs.

bkkguy
December 4th, 2017, 19:19
A proper moderator would have recused himself from the fracas.

where is the bashing your head against a brick wall emoji when you need it

and given that neither the moderator involved or the administrator seem even remotely interested in the concept of "proper" moderation, "recuse" and "fracas" are just further unnecessary words they are unlikely to want to add to their vocabularies

bkkguy

Nirish guy
December 4th, 2017, 20:06

Not sure if you were addressing that to me or to the board generally, but for the record I have never said such a thing about not liking Arsenal personally or otherwise. As to whether I think he's presented himself very well during his tenure that perhaps is another thing, but I've no intention of getting into that as he's stated quite clearly up to now that he could casre less of anyone's opinion so I'll not waste his time with that. My comment was merely saying exactly what it said i.e I doubt anyone would be remotely surprised at this annoucement.

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 21:53
Well I'm deeply shocked and surprised by this announcement. I just never saw it coming.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 02:12

Where would you like me to start?

With the lie that he would step down on 31/12?
With the lie that one of my posts was "untruthful" as an excuse to delete it?
With the lie that children must not be mentioned on the forum (surely you remember that one Matt!)?
With the lie I had posted Right Wing fascist propaganda pics when the pics I posted were of a demonstration in Barcelona which he had praised?

Or as Bob points out, should I start with his arrogant, offensive, insulting, and frankly racist posts?

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 13:07
Of course Matt, the very worst lies would be ones where you'd have a demented Moderator and I'd be accused of saying things I never said, formally penalised for them, and then forbidden from mentioning them.

All hypothetically of course because such a thing could never happen, right - and even if it ever did you would not be allowed to mention it on pain of further sanctions

If you or anyone else would like to know more about hypothetical situations like this, just drop a PM and I'd be delighted to share some examples of the types of correspondence one could theoretically receive as a result of these hypothetical situations.

Moses
December 5th, 2017, 13:34
Scotty, do you know how works infraction system here?

Robot counts infraction points. When member will have 15 points - he will be banned by robot.
Each infraction has time when it should be counted - usually 30, 60 or 90 days. After that time it disappears.
You have now 11 points - one step for to be banned. Walk with caution.

cdnmatt
December 5th, 2017, 13:56
Well, how do I know how many infractions I have? Am I getting close?

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 14:00
Im too afraid to comment Matt - I think thats the intention

Nirish guy
December 5th, 2017, 14:01
Robots, infraction systems no less now ! It would almost be funny if it wasn’t so ridiculous and just yet another way for mods / Moses to do just whatever the hell they feel like. All pretense of normal / usual message board moderation is just out the window it seems now, but hey we can relax the robots have it all under control. Shesssh god spare us ....what a load of old ballox.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 14:08
Moses says (above) I've to watch what I say NIrish - so I'll just say it's all splendid and there's absolutely nothing to see here.

Moses
December 5th, 2017, 14:14
Well, how do I know how many infractions I have? Am I getting close?

look at your profile (top-right corner, click on your nickname), then look for "Infractions" tab (blue menu)

Brad the Impala
December 5th, 2017, 14:16
Scotty, do you know how works infraction system here?

Robot counts infraction points. When member will have 15 points - he will be banned by robot.
Each infraction has time when it should be counted - usually 30, 60 or 90 days. After that time it disappears.
You have now 11 points - one step for to be banned. Walk with caution.

Is this the first information provided about this new "system"? I can't recall seeing it previously, or that it was announced when it was introduced. Perhaps I missed it.

You have explained how the robot works, partially, but not how the moderators work. That is presumably who allocates these "infraction points". Just guessing that the moderators are individually able to give these out as they please. How may "points" can they give out at a time, and are offences graded differently?

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 14:18
A wonderful system it is too - nothing could possibly go wrong.

If only there was some way I could make a financial donation to show my appreciation....

Nirish guy
December 5th, 2017, 14:29
Infraction points my ass !!! Just A mod / Moses looking for an out as their collectively fucking useless as moderating this board it seems as so far the only issues here seem to be between ( a) member and A mod ( who as a mod should quit stoking the fire - especially as the member has a poInt about him saying one thing then doing the exact reverse !!!

For the record I could care less whether you stay or go as a mod, you’re contribution to the boards smooth running has been just about zero anyway so no big loss either way, hell sure a robot can do a mods job now anyway it seems !!!

it’s a fucking message board, for a load of older gay guys who like fucking Asian guys get over yourselves with your robots and infraction points, you’re getting more ridiculous by the day.

So, work away there, issue your wee infraction points away there until you’re blue in the face if it makes you happy. Talk about how to piss off your members - 3 mods, robots, infraction points - like I say would be funny if it wasn’t so ridiculous.

Moses
December 5th, 2017, 14:50
Is this the first information provided about this new "system"? I can't recall seeing it previously, or that it was announced when it was introduced. Perhaps I missed it.

You have explained how the robot works, partially, but not how the moderators work. That is presumably who allocates these "infraction points". Just guessing that the moderators are individually able to give these out as they please. How may "points" can they give out at a time, and are offences graded differently?

Infraction system is is part of forum's core software. Nobody used it here at past, but it is here since forum moved to new platform 2 winters ago.

At past moderators/owner watched forum and made ban/suspension after wrong behavior of member. I think it is not that flexible - wait, wait, and then use "banhammer". So we started to use infraction system - each wrong behavior will "cost" to member some infraction points. Given infractions will be "burned" with time (usually after 30-60-90 days - depends on rule what has been breached).

Robot watches forum nonstop and calculating infraction points for each member. If total sum of "not burned with time points" will be 15 or more points - robot will suspend member for one week. If member will continue his wrong behavior and will receive more infractions and total sum will be 25 or more points - then member will receive 1 month of suspension. Last level - 35 points. At this level member will receive 3 months of suspension.

It works like driving licenses in many countries - if you have too many infractions on the roads, you may lose your driving license for some period of time first and forever after.

frequent
December 5th, 2017, 14:59
Robot watches forum nonstop and calculating infraction points for each member. If total sum of "not burned with time points" will be 15 or more points - robot will suspend member for one week. If member will continue his wrong behavior and will receive more infractions and total sum will be 25 or more points - then member will receive 1 month of suspension. Last level - 35 points. At this level member will receive 3 months of suspension.But this is a Forum about Thailand. Why are you not following the lead of the Thai government and introducing "attitude adjustment (http://mashable.com/2016/03/04/thailand-attitude-adjustment/)"?

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:00
I'm absolutely confident there's no way that system could go wrong or be subverted in any way.

Nirish guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:05
So how many infraction points has your most popular Mod racked up then this last month or two with some of the posts he's posted - or is he exempt from your new fun scheme then ? And dont get me wrong I'm not asking you to give him any AS IT"S FUCKING RIDICULOUS for grown men on a message board about gay sex in Asia to be talked to about robots and infraction points - WISE UP MOSES !!

But if you ARE going to persist, so just wondering then if you're giving out your wee points equally across the board then or just when you and Arsenal decide upon it just depending on how much you both dont like SG on any particular day ( you know for him calling out Arsenal on his saying one thing and then doing another thing) type posts I wonder or his calling him out on HIS name calling etc too - or are Mod's allowed to do that too and that doesn't count perhaps ?

PS once you feel you HAVE to introduce a system to give points to posters who've posted here for years without any issues then it sort of tells you how your new way of "moderating" the board is going somewhat doesn't it.......and that's not intended as a compliment exactly. Talk about a hammer to crack a non existent nut. Like I said would almost be funny if not so ridiculous.

Moses
December 5th, 2017, 15:11
So how many infraction points has your most popular Mod racked up then this last month or two with some of the posts he's posted - or is he exempt from your new fun scheme then ? And dont get me wrong I'm not asking you to give him any AS IT"S FUCKING RIDICULOUS for grown men on a message board to be talked to about robots and infraction point - WISE UP MOSES !! But if you are going to persist, just wondering if you're giving them out equally or just when you and Arsenal decide depending on how much you dont like SG ( for calling Arsenal out on his saying on thing and then doing another thing) type posts I wonder ?

Moderators are immune for infraction system - it is how system is programmed. How and what I tell to moderators about their behavior - it is my business, not your. No one good owner of business will scold member of his team on public. Is it new for you?

By the way: why you call this system "my"? Each vBulletine forum has the same infraction system.

Nirish guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:15
Perhaps you should - then your posters wouldn't feel the need to - is that new for YOU ? If I had a manager who consistently continued to piss off my staff and I'd certainly need to let the staff know I'd addressed that situation ( albeit privately perhaps) to let them know the matter was dealt with and not ignored. But also thank you for clarifing that whole the moderators are immune part, as that's fairly much how it looked anyway to most of us.

Just like in Government circles when a Government press officer becomes the story rather than the policy of the day the press officer has to go, likewise I would suggest that on a board when a mod becomes the bone of contention ( and happily adds to that with numerous posts himself) then to me the wise outcome would be the same for the smooth running of any board - I'm not proposing it, your board your choice, just pointing out that basic fact.

Anyway, thankfully it's all a moot point and sure the mod concerned hangs up his boots on the 31st of Dec so, problem solved.......oh no, wait.....

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:19
"Moderators are immune"

Excellent - that's just the kind of even-handedness the forum needed.

If i was Catholic I'd light a candle at this point, say a few rosaries and count my blessings - but as a "heathen" as my old Irish great granny used to say, I can think of no equivalent gesture I can make.

Nirish guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:21
Hail Mary full of grace.......hell you've even got me praying and I'm a (token) Protestant FFS !! :)

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:23
The facility for me to "like" NIrish's posts has been withdrawn - and a good thing too as he is a tad controversial and we can't have that because there is absolutely no justification in complaining about any aspect of this board.

I'm just happy to be here

frequent
December 5th, 2017, 15:26
If i was Catholic I'd light a candle at this point, say a few rosaries and count my blessings - but as a "heathen" as my old Irish great granny used to say, I can think of no equivalent gesture I can make.Yes but the Vatican and indeed the entire Catholic Church is the same sort of authoritarian set-up as the Kremlin and the Russian government or Pyongyang and the Kims, or SGT, or what the Trump White House hopes for with "fake news"

By the way I see speculation in The Guardian that Trump is setting Jared Kushner up to be the fall guy next after General Flynn. Does anyone know who I have to bribe to share a cell with Kushner for a week while I introduce him (well, I'm guessing it's an introduction) to the joys of sodomy. A week's about my outer limit for long-term relationships

Nirish guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:27
that'll be that fucking robot ! See, robots, you invent them and the next thing they're running the bloody place it seems ! It's ok, i'm sure one of the Mod's will step in and correct that robotic glitch any minute now for you..... or not . :)

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 15:58
All tickety-boo now, as you can see

Moses
December 5th, 2017, 17:37
"Moderators are immune"

Excellent - that's just the kind of even-handedness the forum needed.

If i was Catholic I'd light a candle at this point, say a few rosaries and count my blessings - but as a "heathen" as my old Irish great granny used to say, I can think of no equivalent gesture I can make.

Yes but the Vatican and indeed the entire Catholic Church is the same sort of authoritarian set-up as the Kremlin and the Russian government or Pyongyang and the Kims, or SGT, or what the Trump White House hopes for with "fake news"

It is how this forum being developed by American programmers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBulletin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Brands

Nirish guy
December 5th, 2017, 17:51
Yes but as my wise old mother used to tell me “just because someone tells you to stick you hand in a fire doesn’t mean you have to do it” - and Im guessing the same can be said for software tweaks.

I mean what you don’t think that one owner, three moderators and a robot is a touch of ever so slight over kill to “moderate” around probably no more that 15-20 old guys who’ve all been talking to or at each other on here for many many years already?

Actually the smart move could in fact be to make SG a mod too as then of course neither he nor Arsenal could bitch at each other as they’d both be fellow mods AND it would get him off your back too as of course he wouldn’t feel that he could disagree pulically or otherwise with the owner of the very board that he helps moderate !!

So, hey if you’re up for trying out new things there’s a constructive suggestion for you ! Hell it can’t be any worse than having your mod and one of your members bitching at each other online every single day it appears as things currently stand - the only difference between then being that one member can get booted for doing that whereas the other apparently can’t, which even you would have to have to seem a bit unfair to most right thinking people I would imagine.

So, there you go, dont say I didn't try to help.

Brad the Impala
December 5th, 2017, 19:20
Thanks for the explanation of how the robots work. Isn’t new technology wonderful!

It seems from the absence in your answer that there was no advice to the posters of such a system being implemented. When did it start being applied?

My question of how "infraction points" are allocated remains unanswered. So do individual moderators act alone? Do they decide individually how many points any infraction warrants? Or is there a set tariff, like your driving license scenario of failing to stop at red lights or speeding receiving a set number of points?

The equivalence of reckless driving and reckless posting is an interesting concept.

Rumour has it that some moderators are penalising posters and hiding comments that are apposite, in case another moderator might be offended!

Moses
December 5th, 2017, 20:03
My question of how "infraction points" are allocated remains unanswered. So do individual moderators act alone? Do they decide individually how many points any infraction warrants? Or is there a set tariff, like your driving license scenario of failing to stop at red lights or speeding receiving a set number of points?

No, points are predefined; examples:
- spam/advertising without my permission: 8 points
- insulting other member 3 points
- public moderation case discussion - 5 points

Moderator just have to chose what rule been breached, rest will be on infraction system. It also forces moderator to left explanation to member. Member receives receipt of infraction with explanation to his PM box.

By the way: it is not possible for moderator to give infraction un-noticeable - after each infraction robot sends report to special hidden sub-forum with remarks: who gives, who receives, for what, what been explained to user, and how many points. This forum is visible to all moderators and admins and we discuss each case.

gerefan2
December 5th, 2017, 20:28
So let me get this right....we have an owner, three moderators, a robot, AND a special hidden sub forum...anything else we should know about?

This thread has got a long way to go!

Moses
December 5th, 2017, 21:24
a robot, AND a special hidden sub forum.

you are slow...

subforum for moderators been mentioned many times when we spoke about moderation,

"robot"? no, not a robot, but robotS - they do over 80% moderation routine - killing spam posts (10-12 daily), killing spammers at time of their registration (100-150 attempts daily), watching for clones/hydras and ban them (mostly, sometimes if have doubts - report to me for decision), watching suspicion activity like hacking site/forum or hijacking member's accounts (500-600 daily for site/forum, 5-7 daily for membership accounts).

It is how looks statistic from robots:

Brad the Impala
December 5th, 2017, 23:09
Thanks Moses

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 23:32
You make it all sound very reasonable Moses - except it isn't - but of course I'm not allowed to discuss any details which might explain why I don't think it's all as reasonable as you make it sound, as that would constitute another "offence"

Maybe I'm not even allowed to discuss that I'm not allowed to discuss things - see how ridiculous it gets - oh well I guess I'll find out shortly.

Would the last person to leave please remember to turn off the lights.

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 00:05
No, points are predefined; examples: - insulting other member 3 points. Moderator just have to chose what rule been breached,]

Hmm ok, right well in that case - "All the members of this site are wankers !"

There, that should keep you and your moderating team busy foere a while, so, was that an insult - and if so many many insults as directed at ALL the members here - OR was it just a plain and simple statement of fact !?? :-)

There, that'll give you somehting to occupy yourselves so you dont have to waste any further time on your silly penaty point system for people "insulting other members", hell like it or lump it but this board has been built on that very thing half times. Tell me are you SURE you cant give yourself points for insulting other members.....intelligence perhaps by prosposing such an idiotic scheme on here in the first place ?

I think you're taking this wee message board thing WAY too seriously perhaps Moses, it's a load of old guys talking about sex and loving Asia ( or not) nothing more.

Moses
December 6th, 2017, 01:06
I think you're taking this wee message board thing WAY too seriously perhaps Moses, it's a load of old guys talking about sex and loving Asia ( or not) nothing more.

wrong... not a sentence is wrong, but your presumption what I am thinking about idea "what this board is"... useless efforts to think about present - it is as it is...

... here I will leave to you space for to think and to continue.

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 01:55
Dont let me keep you.

colmx
December 6th, 2017, 03:58
A member of this board has frequently referred to members retarded and slow
I have previously reported one of these posts as inappropriate - but never received any private feedback

So I will now post it in public:
Member: I know that English is not your first language - but you REALLY need to stop using this type of disparaging and offensive terminology towards people - especially if you are trying to endear yourself to the community.

Contemptuous terms like retarded went out of general use around the same time that I was in school (and that was long time ago) - so please desist!
(For clarity this member is NOT ScottishGuy)

scottish-guy
December 6th, 2017, 05:38
Overjoyed to be in the clear for a change

:D

Moses
December 6th, 2017, 11:13
A member of this board has frequently referred to members retarded and slow
I have previously reported one of these posts as inappropriate - but never received any private feedback

"retard" is marked in dictionaries (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slow) as offensive word,
"slow" is NOT marked in dictionaries (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slow) as offensive word.

That why some users got warning or infraction for "retard" and nobody got warning or infraction for "slow".

frequent
December 6th, 2017, 11:37
- insulting other member 3 pointsWhether a member is insulted or indeed whether a poster intends to insult are both highly subjective. As well, as I recall the posting guidelines more or less say that members do not have a right not to be offended. I might intend that referring to one poster as a "Scottish git", to another as a "high-tech wanker" and a third as an "old fool" as an insult, others may perceive it as an insult, still others may not care, and the recipient thinks it's a joke and does not respond. Is this a 3 demerit point infraction, or is there some element of retardation that is invoked, so that it's not an insult until some objection is made? It's just not very transparent. I refer to myself as a "whoremonger" specifically because a sanctimonious fool who is a member of this board clearly believes it to be a term of opprobrium. Is he getting 3 demerit points for using the term about members, or am I because I refer to him as a sanctimonious fool? What about my comment in a post the other day about "lip pursing" members?

Moses
December 6th, 2017, 12:47
Whether a member is insulted or indeed whether a poster intends to insult are both highly subjective. As well, as I recall the posting guidelines more or less say that members do not have a right not to be offended. I might intend that referring to one poster as a "Scottish git", to another as a "high-tech wanker" and a third as an "old fool" as an insult, others may perceive it as an insult, still others may not care, and the recipient thinks it's a joke and does not respond. Is this a 3 demerit point infraction, or is there some element of retardation that is invoked, so that it's not an insult until some objection is made? It's just not very transparent. I refer to myself as a "whoremonger" specifically because a sanctimonious fool who is a member of this board clearly believes it to be a term of opprobrium. Is he getting 3 demerit points for using the term about members, or am I because I refer to him as a sanctimonious fool? What about my comment in a post the other day about "lip pursing" members?

you are right, it is very subjective point in infraction system, that why we should check with dictionaries - if word is marked as offensive, should be infraction then, if word isn't marked as offensive in dictionary - then infraction shouldn't be applied

colmx
December 6th, 2017, 14:20
"retard" is marked in dictionaries (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slow) as offensive word,
"slow" is NOT marked in dictionaries (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slow) as offensive word.

That why some users got warning or infraction for "retard" and nobody got warning or infraction for "slow".

Errm...person that called someone retarded is the owner of the board.... Does that infer that the other mods have dutifully given him an infraction?

Or is it the case that as owner of the board he is entitled to make slurs without recourse?

frequent
December 6th, 2017, 15:01
you are right, it is very subjective point in infraction system, that why we should check with dictionaries - if word is marked as offensive, should be infraction then, if word isn't marked as offensive in dictionary - then infraction shouldn't be appliedThat is precisely why I used the word "retardation" in my post, because you have already made the point about a dictionary - which one, by the way? - marking certain words as offensive. Retarded and its associated words may well be marked as offensive, but the way I used it, it was not. Equally dictionaries would likely be silent about "high-tech wanker" but it could be intended and/or taken as insulting. One of the reasons I attempt to use words like "apposite" in my posts, for example, or "fungible" is to obscure my meaning for simple-minded people (is that an insult?) so as to avoid such mechanistic attempts at censorship.

I think there's a line in Yes Minister where Jim Hacker complains about the obscurity of Humphrey Appleby's language, and Humphrey takes it as a compliment. I feel exactly the same way
It is how this forum being developed by American programmers...Europeans invented the court system and it was borrowed by the Russians, the Thais etc. However few Europeans would dream of suggesting that courts in authoritarian countries are other than instruments of oppression, while still happily using the self-same system of courts in their democratic countries

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 15:20
Or is it the case that as owner of the board he is entitled to make slurs without recourse?

You haven’t been concentrating Colmx, Moses already covered that by clarifying that he and the Mods can say and so just whatever the fuck they want basically, no “infractions” ( hilarious btw on a grown ups board !!) will be applied - Moses “might” have a quiet word if it’s a Mod says something HE doesn’t like, but we’ll never hear about that and meanwhile the Mod will seemingly to the rest of us just go on about his business.

Mose my advice to you - quit all this stupid nonsense right now before you try yourself and the board up in even more knots than they’re already becoming tied up in. It’s beciming laughable if it didn’t have such serious ramifications for fucking up your board and people just not bothering posting for fear of ( by your own admission) almost impossible to define and indentify so called “infractions”

I’m sure ( well I think) your heart is in the right place but with English not being your first language and a Mod who’s obviously one sided when it comes to SG etc and so is thus nothing less than useless and has lost the members respect in that regard as a mod then in my opinion ( is that an insult or an opinion !?? ) this whole “infraction and points and robots” nonsense needs to stop before it gets anymore out of hand than it’s already becoming.

You will NEVER make this work and the “system” is this then only left open to abuse by yourself and mods and does nothing to either improve your board or the quality or number of posters.

If you’re wise you’ll gracefully retire this wonderful new plan to the tried it and it wasn’t a great idea filing cabinet and let us all move on to more pressing matters such as “how much is a beer in boystown and how much is an off these days” - in my humble opinion.

frequent
December 6th, 2017, 15:32
You will NEVER make this work and the “system” is this then only left open to abuse by yourself and mods and does nothing to either improve your board or the quality or number of posters.I see endless opportunities for entertainment. Apposite, or what?

Moses
December 6th, 2017, 15:47
You will NEVER make this work and the “system” is this then only left open to abuse by yourself and mods and does nothing to either improve your board or the quality or number of posters.

dreams... dreams...

actually I did already... and will continue with my plan... since you have no idea about it, - you cannot give me qualified advise, so I will continue to use my 16 yaers of experience from my other 2 forums here...

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 15:59
Good luck with that then as I’ve a feeling you and I have too very different definitions of the word working then perhaps - maybe we’re reading it from two different dictionaries eh.

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 16:47
Opps that should have read "two' very different definitions of course !

scottish-guy
December 6th, 2017, 18:14
you are right, it is very subjective point in infraction system, that why we should check with dictionaries - if word is marked as offensive, should be infraction then, if word isn't marked as offensive in dictionary - then infraction shouldn't be applied

And what if a person NEVER SAID the word unilaterally deemed offensive in the first place Moses - theres no way that could be an "offence" is it?

What concerns me (and should concern everybody else) is that there doesn't seem to be any right or form of appeal against decisions. Please explain why you consider that unnecessary. Is it that the moderation team is not only "immune" as you have already stated, but they're now "infallible" as well?

What further concerns me (and this is certainly not meant to be offensive) is that your grasp of the English language is clearly not 100% and yet you seem to be putting yourself in the position of adjudicating on its nuances and as a possible result of that maybe applying flawed interpretations to what people are posting.

scottish-guy
December 6th, 2017, 18:47
Further - why are you disclosing my "points status" to everybody by posting it publicly

Brad the Impala
December 6th, 2017, 18:49
Apart from the meaning of the word, and whether it is listed in the dictionary as offensive, the context of it's use and the intent of the poster is also relevant in any decision as to whether another member might be offended by it, requiring a poster to be sanctioned.

For example if I were to refer one of the members, or even moderators, as a cocksucker, is this merely a statement of fact, as I am completely confident that members here have indulged in this activity at one time or another, or is this offensive.

So much to take on board, no wonder the need is for three moderators to implement this system.

scottish-guy
December 6th, 2017, 19:04
... whether another member might be offended by it, requiring a poster to be sanctioned..

But "Another member" might be "offended" by something which the rest of us find quite innocuous - this is why the system cannot work on an edgy board.

It might be suitable for moderating the Women's Institute board, but not this one

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 19:07
I think the entire system needs to be retarded until thought out more - opps I used that word again. FUCK ! Shit, I hope no one is offended by my FUCK there btw, so we can talk about fucking the shit out of Thai boys for 500 baht but whatever we do lets not be offensive now guys - just remember that eh. Moses this is all a lot of bollox if you ask me ( which I accept you didn't but hey it's a free country - here - so I might as well say that while I can). You're simply creating problems where they don't exist on your board trying to implement a system thats fatally flawed to begin with ( especially on a board with about 20 active members who've all been posting here for YEARS without your super duper new infraction system being needed it seems), so, as i said good luck with it, it's going to be fun watching you roll it out ( fairly and equally amongst ALL members) .

Moses
December 6th, 2017, 19:25
as i said good luck with it

Thank you.

it's going to be fun watching you roll it out

Tell me the same in one year.

I can give you even more ideas about future changes. Next my steps will be punishment of derailing topics in main forums (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, World) - "stay on topic or open your own", punishment of meeting every new member with words "you are hydra/clone" - "it isn't your business unless you are moderator".

scottish-guy
December 6th, 2017, 19:48
Can't wait - there seems so much to look forward to.

Next step will be changing your name to Gaybutton Maximus?

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 21:13
I can give you even more ideas about future changes. Next my steps will be punishment of derailing topics in main forums (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, World) - "stay on topic or open your own", punishment of meeting every new member with words "you are hydra/clone" - "it isn't your business unless you are moderator".

Aye, whatever, knock yourself out.

Moses
December 6th, 2017, 21:41
Next step will be changing your name to Gaybutton Maximus?

Noooo... It will be "Uncle Mao" and this step will be at the same time with switching this board to Chinese language.

Gotcha!

a447
December 6th, 2017, 21:47
谢谢

scottish-guy
December 7th, 2017, 01:49
2.3 The official language of the Board is English. Members will avoid using other languages (except in PMs) ....It is incumbent on every member to ensure his posts are intelligible to all members. If you are going to post non-English on these forums, you MUST also post an English Translation of your post.

Just as well you're immune a447

Nirish guy
December 7th, 2017, 01:56
Shit is that Chinese, there I've been thinking it was two flies on my screen for the last hour ! I really will have to look into glasses !

frequent
December 7th, 2017, 11:44
I can give you even more ideas about future changes. Next my steps will be punishment of derailing topics in main forums (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, World) - "stay on topic or open your own", punishment of meeting every new member with words "you are hydra/clone" - "it isn't your business unless you are moderator".Apposite

francois
December 12th, 2017, 17:33
Thank you.

Tell me the same in one year.

Now your talking Moses!