PDA

View Full Version : Holiday reading

frequent
December 2nd, 2017, 02:40
I haven't read this book myself, but its title encapsulates my attitude to life and, in particular, Forum membership. I commend it to everyone, especially the lip pursing brigade https://www.amazon.com/French-Art-Not-Giving-happiness-ebook/dp/B074Z1NMYM

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 03:54
Looks like it's definitely a book I need to read, frequent.

latintopxxx
December 2nd, 2017, 06:16
...funny..i thought frequent would be reading " camping outside the boys high school gates".

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 07:42
Erotic Tales by Major Cockstand

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 07:45
Fun With Binoculars by Seymour Cox

frequent
December 2nd, 2017, 08:00
...funny..i thought frequent would be reading " camping outside the boys high school gates".Don’t be silly, Latin - the book is called “Scouting for Boys” by Baden-Powell

bkkguy
December 2nd, 2017, 19:37
the book is called “Scouting for Boys” by Baden-Powell

interpreting Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine" lyrics invokes the old "eats roots and leaves" punctuation conundrum - is it

Provided with toys and scouting for boys

or

Provided with toys and "Scouting for Boys"

and I am trying to remember who did the comedy sketch about BP who while still at war was in a tent with fellow officers discussing his plans for when he returns home to get boys together and dress them up in uniforms and take them camping and being advised he would be arrested!

bkkguy

frequent
December 3rd, 2017, 06:17
Speaking of the uses of language, I came across the following on, I think, a Japanese site in English, attempting to explain the plot of Victoria & Abdul: "Abdul Karim, a young secretary, traveling to India to participate in the Golden Jubilee in Queens, was surprised by the queen. The queen tells her barriers that last long, trying to destroy her internal and domestic circles between the incredible and committed alliance. As friends became deeper, the queen began to see the changing world with new eyes and happy to reestablish the people."