PDA

View Full Version : Green chairs bar

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 01:48
Does it have a proper name that I can tell my friend? Not that it would take long to spot me In Sunee. Anyway, that's the venue for the birthday drinks on 9 January (hope it's open around 5.30). Plan is to stay until about 9 and head off with my friend or friends for dinner.

If you want an adult libation, feel free to join me.

arsenal
December 2nd, 2017, 10:54
It was often referred to as Paedo Central due to its ability to mix farangs with..........thanks to the seating arrangement.

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 12:16
How informative, arsenal. Thank you.

gerefan2
December 2nd, 2017, 17:12
It’s called Sunnne Plaza Bar, or something very similar. You won’t see any signs.
Nowadays, you won’t see many green chairs either.

poshglasgow
December 2nd, 2017, 19:47
It’s called Sunnne Plaza Bar, or something very similar. You won’t see any signs.
Nowadays, you won’t see many green chairs either.

Run by Pai and her son Joy (who spends more time falling off his motor bike than on it). Pai did her apprenticeship in the former infamous Siren Bar at the opening to walking Street. Various freelance MBs congregate around the pool table in what is now the Sunee Plaza Bar (with green plastic chairs).

I wonder if the large fish in the tiny aquarium are still there. With not much else to do one evening I spent quite a bit of time watching a giant carp-like fish being bullied by a minnow-sized delinquent that kept pursuing the giant and biting its arse. Imagine being the target of another whose sole interest in life is to bite your arse and it goes on year after year after year in a tiny space from which there is not escape!

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 19:55
So have I got this right - the "green chair" bar has no green chairs and is actually called "Sunee Plaza Bar" but there's no sign saying "Sunee Plaza Bar"?

How is anybody not already familiar with it supposed to find it?

:D

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 20:28
It's the big bar on the corner across the street from where All of Me was.

gerefan2
December 2nd, 2017, 21:56
So have I got this right - the "green chair" bar has no green chairs and is actually called "Sunee Plaza Bar" but there's no sign saying "Sunee Plaza Bar"?

TiT.....actually has some green chairs but not all green anymore!

sglad
December 3rd, 2017, 02:41
It was often referred to as Paedo Central due to its ability to mix farangs with..........thanks to the seating arrangement.

Really? Then why didn't they call it Musical Chairs or Romper Room?

joe552
December 3rd, 2017, 03:55
While I think of it, I'm a very heavy smoker. If you think this might bother you, you can fuck off and go to someone else's birthday.

Marsilius
December 3rd, 2017, 11:39
Run by Pai...[who] did her apprenticeship in the former infamous Siren Bar at the opening to walking Street.

I remember her working from a bar at the far end of the old pier. Was that the Siren Bar?

FarangRuMak
December 3rd, 2017, 16:15
So have I got this right - the "green chair" bar has no green chairs and is actually called "Sunee Plaza Bar" but there's no sign
saying "Sunee Plaza Bar"?

You have it more or less right but more less than more because there's officially no such place as "Sunnee Plaza"; it's called "Marina Plaza" for many years.
For some reason Mme Sunnee wished to distance herself from the place when she went politics.
So to sum up; Joe's birthday party (1st phase) will be held on the evening of January 9th 2018 in a bar that's sometimes called Sunnee Plaza Bar though there's no such place as Sunnee Plaza, but more often called The Green Chairs Bar, though there are no green chairs in the place now.
Easy as a walk in the Park.

joe552
December 3rd, 2017, 16:45
Thanks for the clarity FRM

gerefan2
December 3rd, 2017, 16:55
You have it more or less right but more less than more because there's officially no such place as "Sunnee Plaza"; it's called "Marina Plaza" for many years.
For some reason Mme Sunnee wished to distance herself from the place when she went politics.
So to sum up; Joe's birthday party (1st phase) will be held on the evening of January 9th 2018 in a bar that's sometimes called Sunnee Plaza Bar though there's no such place as Sunnee Plaza, but more often called The Green Chairs Bar, though there are no green chairs in the place now.
Easy as a walk in the Park.

....And you will find it opposite a bar named “All of me” which ceased to exist about a year ago. Unfortunately the bar you are trying to find does not have any signs.

francois
December 3rd, 2017, 17:20
The name is Green Bar. The color scheme is Green and thus the name.

gerefan2
December 3rd, 2017, 17:41
The name is Green Bar. The color scheme is Green and thus the name.

Not according to this (2010) map....has the name changed?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunee_Plaza#/media/File%3AMap_of_Sunee_Plaza_May_2010.gif

francois
December 3rd, 2017, 17:49
I go there every night and that is the name that was told to me.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=green%20bar%20pattaya&rlz=1CASMAI_enUS754US759&oq=gree&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l2j69i65j69i57j69i61.2514j 0j7&sourceid

gerefan2
December 3rd, 2017, 18:05
https://thailand.world-gay-guide.com/en/pc/detail/index.php?rainbow_no=261

FarangRuMak
December 3rd, 2017, 19:29

I go there every night and that is the name that was told to me.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=green%20bar%20pattaya&rlz=1CASMAI_enUS754US759&oq=gree&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l2j69i65j69i57j69i61.2514j 0j7&sourceid
Looks like you've been going to the wrong bar every night then.

FarangRuMak
December 3rd, 2017, 19:34
Thanks for the clarity FRM

Don't worry Joe you'll be found.
You'll probably be the only 'Free' show around and you know how the Khee-Neiow expats love that.

scottish-guy
December 3rd, 2017, 21:14
How about crowdfunding a sign for them?

francois
December 3rd, 2017, 22:27
https://thailand.world-gay-guide.com/en/pc/detail/index.php?rainbow_no=261

Looks green to me! Now that is an old photo to say the least.
What can I say? Go there and ask the management the name of the bar.

Better yet, wait for a report from Joe if he can find it.

FarangRuMak
December 3rd, 2017, 22:42
Looks green to me! Now that is an old photo to say the least.
What can I say? Go there and ask the management the name of the bar.
The management wouldn't know.
They have no time to look into stuff like that what with buffing up the pool table, mixing cocktails, lighting up cigars for the high-so crowd that sit on the outer edge etc.
No problem Joe smoking cigars or cigarettes, at least, in full view of everyone.
I never heard it called 'The Green Bar'.
It's called the 'Green Chairs' because it did, at one time, have light-green plastic chairs.
I think one or two may have survived the big asses of the Farangs.
I will go there tomorrow in search of green chair evidence.

francois
December 3rd, 2017, 22:46
The plastic chairs are now white although there are a selection of chairs/sofas that are not of plastic, rather wood of some sort as posted in the photo. Please do report your findings of the name.
Curious minds want to know.

FarangRuMak
December 3rd, 2017, 22:46
How about crowdfunding a sign for them?

Are you trying to scare Joe into changing venues again?
We're all so much on edge about this event that I don't think we can take another bout of uncertainty.

FarangRuMak
December 3rd, 2017, 22:53
The plastic chairs are now white although there are a selection of chairs/sofas that are not of plastic, rather wood of some sort as posted in the photo. Please do report your findings of the name.

Do you think I should put it to Joy that he should call the place 'The White Chairs' then?
If he put up that name, by January 9 everyone would know it and none of the shuffling farangs would get lost on their way there.

poshglasgow
December 3rd, 2017, 23:53
I recall that a Dutch guy owned it but he has since passed. Not sure if he left it to Pay or she took on the lease, but she did work for him before she became the boss.

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 00:03
Look we all know where I'm talking about. It's the bar on the corner. The colour of the chairs is irelephant. If you go to a bar in Sunee and don't see a gang of old codgers having a party, you're in the wrong place.

scottish-guy
December 4th, 2017, 01:20
Out of interest what would Sunee Plaza "old codgers" consider to be a party?

Meat loaf washed down by a round of Babychams?

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 03:33
Ah SG, it was supposed to be a surprise. I've been in touch with Ting Tong Red to provide their famous meatloaf. The Babycham was to be on ice by 5.00 at the latest. Fuck, do I have to start planning this party all over again.

pennyboy
December 4th, 2017, 15:36
Look we all know where I'm talking about. It's the bar on the corner. The colour of the chairs is irelephant. If you go to a bar in Sunee and don't see a gang of old codgers having a party, you're in the wrong place.

There is a gang of old codgers in most bars in Sunee. How can we tell that you are having a party? Will there be balloons ,funny hats and streamers?
BTW My understanding of the lack of signage is Madame Sunee objected to the name Sunee Plaza Bar.

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 16:14
There'll be no funny hats or streamers or balloons. To make it simple, I will wear a red London 2012 Olympics polo shirt, bought for me in Pattaya by my friend from the money I gave him to buy trainers, jeans or whatever it was.

a447
December 4th, 2017, 17:00
Ok, so just to recap.

Your birthday party will take place on January 9 at the Green Chair bar, starting at 5:30 pm, and you'll be buying everyone their first drink.

Why don't you ask the owner to put up a simple sign outside the bar stating you're having a party there? It may be of help for those unfamiliar with Sunee.

scottish-guy
December 4th, 2017, 17:05
Wouldn't a sign like "Joe's Party Here" just result in a gaggle of old codgers and a hoarde of prostitutes descending on the place, all claiming to know "Joe" and scoffing all the meatloaf and Babycham?

Sounds like a recipe for a good old punch up.

a447
December 4th, 2017, 18:54
"a hoarde of prostitutes"?

Yes, please!

As for the "old codgers" Joe has a cunning plan to weed put the freeloaders - they have to tell him their handle on this board.

Unfortunately, I won't be in attendance as I'll be elsewhere overseas.

I've never eaten meatloaf, never heard of babycham and never been involved in a punch up.

I'm more than willing to forgo those!

FarangRuMak
December 4th, 2017, 19:44
"a hoarde of prostitutes"?

Yes, please!

As for the "old codgers" Joe has a cunning plan to weed put the freeloaders - they have to tell him their handle on this board.

Unfortunately, I won't be in attendance as I'll be elsewhere overseas.

I've never eaten meatloaf, never heard of babycham and never been involved in a punch up.

I'm more than willing to forgo those!

Hope the cunning weeding out plan works but it may not;
This forum had 1000's of regular 'lay' visitors and I suspect that the handles are well known.
I fear more than one Arsenal or more than one Scottish-Guy etc might turn up and how is Joe to
tell the impersonators from the real?

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 19:53
There'll be no signs going up. I said I would wear a red polo shirt, If you can't find me, I probably don't want you at my party.

Btw my eta in Pattaya is 5pm, hence the 5.30 time mentioned. However, this might be pushed back - flight delay, heavy traffic etc. Maybe best to aim for 6 - 7 if you're coming;

a447
December 4th, 2017, 19:57
True, farangrumak. Although the Scottish accent would be quite a challenge for most!

arsenal
December 4th, 2017, 20:29
And if anyone turns up claiming to be Arsenal he should probably take some Werthers originals as a peace offering less he be attacked by 'the codgers' wielding their walking frames and rubber handled meatloaf spoons.
:dirol_mini:

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 21:39
If someone turns up claiming to be arsenal, they'll get a belt of my crozier.

arsenal
December 4th, 2017, 21:42
Well that doesn't sound a very friendly way for the birthday boy to behave.

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 22:14
I'm talking about impostors, arsenal. You in reality will be more that welcome.

francois
December 4th, 2017, 22:51
Tonight, I did stop by the "bar in question" and asked the official name. It is GREEN BAR. And yes, it has been called by other names, including The Sunee Plaza Bar which was an original name and Plastic Chairs, Green Chairs Bar, etc, etc, etc.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 00:12
At last we can all sleep easily

arsenal
December 5th, 2017, 04:46
Oh. My misunderstanding Joe. Yea, if any geezer shows up claiming to be the legendary Arsenal (who admittedly can get some very hot under the collar) then certainly sort him out good and proper, the cheeky blighter.

FarangRuMak
December 5th, 2017, 04:58
True, farangrumak. Although the Scottish accent would be quite a challenge for most!

Scotland is well represented in Pattaya.
There's a long association between the Scots and gay Pattaya;
I remember the wealthy Jewish/Scot called Martin who drove his favourite boys around in a pink Rolls Royce,
Boyztown was largely founded by Scots I think- the name Nova-Go-Go-Scotia was mulled over.
So there are plenty of true Scots around to Dopple-ganger/impersonate our friend SG so Joe should refine his entry test in this case by enquiring through a Private Message what exactly the real SG has under the Kilt.

a447
December 5th, 2017, 06:03
Well, that's all news to me.

I don't know exactly what is under SG's kilt, although I've heard he has a large sack.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 06:59
....I remember the wealthy Jewish/Scot called Martin who drove his favourite boys around in a pink Rolls Royce,

Although they never shied away from fawning over him and making the most of his hospitality as he slid down a flume running from his bedroom window into his pool, many people shied away from mentioning any personal friendship with the late Mr Fruitin. If you (FRM) would like to know why, PM me, it'll be illuminating I promise.

Nirish guy
December 5th, 2017, 07:16
Or google his name as it's all still there it seems.....that the trouble with the internet sometimes, it and our posts will last long after we ever do or we would like them too perhaps.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 07:20
Now there was me trying to be discreet ..........

:p

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 07:26
I'm not prepared to look under SG's kilt.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 07:31
I'm prepared to stand over a mirror if it helps.

:unknw_mini:

FarangRuMak
December 5th, 2017, 11:20
I remember him as the Scotsman in the Pink Rolls Royce.
Monty told me he had to respray it a colour other thst the original because there were only 2 in all Thailand and the other was owned by a VERY important man.

FarangRuMak
December 5th, 2017, 11:24
I'm prepared to stand over a mirror if it helps.

:unknw_mini:
Joy can put up 2 signs
Scotch Whisky Here.
Scotch Mirror Here.
Just to save time.. I expect a lot of imposters for free booze.

christianpfc
December 12th, 2017, 18:52
...there's officially no such place as "Sunnee Plaza"; it's called "Marina Plaza" for many years.
Indeed, when I looked at the entrance gates years ago, I saw remnants of what must have been "Marina Inn Plaza" when the lettering was still complete.

scottish-guy
December 12th, 2017, 20:02
I remember walking through Sunee Plaza and seeing the Marina Plaza sign years ago too - but in my ignorance I thought it was marking the entrance to a different area altogether.

I remember the occasion because the name triggered flashbacks to the Stingray TV series of the 60's in which Marina was a sexy young mermaid.

I watched it as a small boy and it had such an impact I have modelled myself on her.

latintopxxx
December 13th, 2017, 00:00
scotty should write comedy