PDA

View Full Version : Strange 'hotel' near Sattahip.

arsenal
November 29th, 2017, 13:13
I came across this odd place in the hills near Sattahip.

Moses
November 29th, 2017, 13:18
WOW!

Looks nicely themed :)

arsenal
November 29th, 2017, 13:19
The countryside around Pattaya is absolutely full of little oddities like that.

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 13:53
Interesting place, arsenal. Thanks for the photos.

a447
November 29th, 2017, 13:57
Anything interesting to do or see in Sattahip?

(Apart from staying at that resort?)

Oliver
November 29th, 2017, 14:18
Isn't it a naval base? who can resist a sailor? Thai ones are particularly cute.

francois
November 29th, 2017, 14:54
Seamen are a fav attraction. Nice photos, arsenal.

scottish-guy
November 29th, 2017, 14:57
Seamen are a fav attraction.

OMG - a spelling mistake *plus* a grammatical error in just 5 words!!

Think about it

:D

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 16:33
I get the spelling but not the grammar, SG

Brad the Impala
November 29th, 2017, 17:04
Extraordinary! I think that what looks like a brick in front of the wheel in the last photo, to stop your accommodation rolling off, is a nice touch.

christianpfc
November 30th, 2017, 08:57
The Thai navy's aircraft carrier HTMS Chakri Naruebet เรือหลวงจักรีนฤเ ศร is based in Satthahip and open to public when in port, but I read somewhere only open to Thai nationals. Nearby Wat Chong Samae Sarn วัดช่องแสมสาร is on my list of places to visit. And there are plenty of beaches and islands around.

FarangRuMak
November 30th, 2017, 12:21
I came across this odd place in the hills near Sattahip.
You can bet there's a 'Farang', probably an American, somewhere in the woodpile.

Captain Swing
December 1st, 2017, 07:06
Never seen this hotel but it makes me think of a hotel I saw on my first visit to Pattaya 20-some years ago. It was probably in North Pattaya and was called something like Fruit Hotel and consisted of individual units each shaped like a different fruit--one an apple, one an orange, one a bunch of grapes etc. I never saw it again-- probably long since torn down and redeveloped. Anyone else remember it?

gerefan2
December 1st, 2017, 15:00
was called something like Fruit Hotel and consisted of individual units each shaped like a different fruit--one an apple, one an orange, one a bunch of grapes etc. I never saw it again-- probably long since torn down and redeveloped. Anyone else remember it?

No, but I remember quite a few fruitcakes in Pattaya.

christianpfc
December 2nd, 2017, 14:03
The Thai navy's aircraft carrier HTMS Chakri Naruebet เรือหลวงจักรีนฤxxx is based in Satthahip and open to public when in port, but I read somewhere only open to Thai nationals. Nearby Wat Chong Samae Sarn วัดช่องแสมสาร is on my list of places to visit. And there are plenty of beaches and islands around.
How very weird! My original post appeared complete when I checked directly after posting, with one of the Thai characters replaced by some other character, but now is cut off after that Thai character (similar to the problem with displaying GBP and other special characters), however now in quote is complete! (I replaced the offending Thai character with xxx.)

That fruit hotel is still there (googlemaps "Fruit House Pattaya") and I have driven past without noticing.
Pictures see https://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/hotelbooking/posthotel?638449/&cur=THB
(and a similar one, even bigger, exists in Thong Pha Phum district in Kanchanaburi province.)

sglad
December 3rd, 2017, 02:43
WOW!

Looks nicely themed :)

An antique trailer park theme. Must be popular with Pattaya denizens seeking to relive their youth.

The countryside around Pattaya is absolutely full of little oddities like that.

...just as the city centre is full of oddballs.

colmx
December 3rd, 2017, 19:53
The TK resort next to Tumnan Issan also has some interestingly themed rooms:
http://www.pattayasweethearts.com/loveinn/tkresort.htm

It is one of Pattaya's most famous "Love Inns"... maybe I will check it out next time I get lucky in TNI

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 00:15
colmx, every hotel is a Love Inn when you're with a cute boy.