PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

joe552
November 28th, 2017, 15:08
I only eat breakfast when I'm on holiday and as mentioned elsewhere, my favourite is scrambled eggs with crispy bacon, and maybe mushrooms.

I don't bother doing scrambled eggs at home, 'cos it seems to take an age to clean the pot/pan. Is there a better way? In other words, what's your recipe for good scrambled eggs?

bkkguy
November 28th, 2017, 19:59
I am always surprised that the use of a nob of butter as a lubricant to avoid various difficulties is not more widely discussed - but then I have clogged arteries so I just use a non-stick pan these days

bkkguy

cdnmatt
November 28th, 2017, 20:19
You get the best by adding a little milk, and sour cream / creme fresh. While cooking, take them off the heat a few times, then put them back on the heat. Gives you a creamier result, whiche tastes much better. While cooking, just take them off the head for 20 seconds, then back on the heat for 20 seconds, and contunie until fully cooked.

Oh, but you do have to make a pan dirty. Come on, not exactly difficult to clean a pan.

bobsaigon2
November 28th, 2017, 20:32
I am always surprised that the use of a nob of butter as a lubricant to avoid various difficulties is not more widely discussed - but then I have clogged arteries so I just use a non-stick pan these days bkkguy

Perhaps bkkguy has in mind Marlon Brando's most (in)famous use of that dairy product?

I use a non-stick pan, with some butter or margarine or cooking oil when making scrambled eggs. Washing up takes but a few moments.

Or, if you're doing bacon as well, cooking the eggs in the bacon fat will certainly keep them from sticking to the pan.

Someone on the internet suggested adding a small splash of Worcestershire sauce when beating the eggs. Might be worth a try.

And cooking eggs on low heat is recommended.

The American celebrity chef, Anthony Bourdaine, never adds milk or cream to his scrambled eggs, but surely that's a matter of individual taste.

cdnmatt
November 28th, 2017, 20:45
Gordon Ramsay puts creme fresh in his scrambled eggs. :)

joe552
November 28th, 2017, 21:59
Thanks for your ideas guys. bob, I won't be doing a Marlon, you'll be relieved to know

bkkguy
November 30th, 2017, 19:50
bob, I won't be doing a Marlon, you'll be relieved to know

it takes two to Tango and I am usually doing breakfast for one so this not usually an issue for me either

but if I were going to pick a breakfast/brunch egg dish not worth doing at home it would be eggs Benedict - while it is not that difficult to have some semi-decent English muffins to hand in Bangkok these days, the perfect poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce involves more effort than I care to invest in either singularly or with a Tango partner!

Gordon Ramsay puts creme fresh in his scrambled eggs. :)

I always put milk in mine but creme fresh sounds more like a feminine hygiene product than something Gordon Ramsay would be putting in his scrambled eggs but I am sure his expletive-ridden reply would not survive the moderation rules here!

but speaking of crème fraîche, which I assume we were, the fact that the first ingredient listed for making your own crème fraîche at home is usually crème fraîche is why in Bangkok I am usually more inclined to just give up and use sour cream!

bkkguy

arsenal
November 30th, 2017, 20:08
Milk should not be put into scrambled eggs. Double cream, butter, salt and freshly ground pepper..

joe552
November 30th, 2017, 21:54
Do you cook your scrambled eggs in a frying pan or a saucepan?

FarangRuMak
December 1st, 2017, 00:02
Milk should not be put into scrambled eggs. Double cream, butter, salt and freshly ground pepper..
Lek, who's anything but, stayed over last night.
I had no double cream for the scramled eggs this morning.
I didn't miss it because Lek stayed over last night.

scottish-guy
December 1st, 2017, 00:46
There is nothing wrong with using full fat milk to make scrambled eggs if you are also using butter - but if you are using semi skimmed or skimmed you'd be as well using water as all three liquids are more or less tasteless

latintopxxx
December 1st, 2017, 02:11
just set my hair on fire and put it out with a sledge hammer...would be less painful than reading this...

FarangRuMak
December 1st, 2017, 06:48
just set my hair on fire and put it out with a sledge hammer...would be less painful than reading this...
I agree.
Regarding a different thing entirely, do you guys make a 2 egg or a 3 egg Omlette and what ingredients do you add?

joe552
December 1st, 2017, 06:55
2 eggs for me, and mushrooms. I plan to add crispy bacon tomorrow.

bobsaigon2
December 1st, 2017, 12:11

Please tell us who is forcing you to read this thread. If your cell phone has been confiscated, just let us know here on SGT. We don't want you to suffer. We will immediately contact the security forces in Amsterdam or New Zealand or that place with the yellow brick road - wherever you happen to be.

On topic: two eggs maximum for me. American restaurants often offer 3 egg omelette and on some Irish restaurant menus I have seen 4 eggs.

To the omelette I might add any of the following: ricotta, mushrooms, herbs, finely chopped onions, chopped ham, pre-cooked chopped bacon or sausage, sour cream, or even jam.

This website has suggestions for technique and content: https://keeperofthehome.org/the-perfect-omelet-and-10-delicious-omelet-creations/

Bon appetit.

FarangRuMak
December 1st, 2017, 12:33
Please tell us who is forcing you to read this thread. If your cell phone has been confiscated, just let us know here on SGT. We don't want you to suffer. We will immediately contact the security forces in Amsterdam or New Zealand or that place with the yellow brick road - wherever you happen to be.

On topic: two eggs maximum for me. American restaurants often offer 3 egg omelette and on some Irish restaurant menus I have seen 4 eggs.

To the omelette I might add any of the following: ricotta, mushrooms, herbs, finely chopped onions, chopped ham, pre-cooked chopped bacon or sausage, sour cream, or even jam.

This website has suggestions for technique and content: https://keeperofthehome.org/the-perfect-omelet-and-10-delicious-omelet-creations/

Bon appetit.

Fascinating.
I wonder is 'Omelette' related to 'omni' meaning you can throw in everything as in 'omnibus' wherein even the great unwashed were allowed travel?
I hope this thread doesn't become bland.

joe552
December 1st, 2017, 14:21
Jam bob? In an omelette? Are you sure?

frequent
December 1st, 2017, 14:37
I wonder is 'Omelette' related to 'omni' meaning you can throw in everything as in 'omnibus' wherein even the great unwashed were allowed travel?From the French and nothing to do with omnibus

scottish-guy
December 1st, 2017, 16:00

Who peed in your omelette?

:D

joe552
December 1st, 2017, 16:09
bob put jam in it - same thing

Nirish guy
December 1st, 2017, 16:15
2 eggs for me, and mushrooms. I plan to add crispy bacon tomorrow.

You see, one day parmesan and the next day crispy bacon ! This is exactly what I'm talking about ! Get those damned work houses opened again, bloody dole receivers living better than the rest of us as usual, there's me with a year old block of mouldy cheese for christmas and poor Bob having to put jam in his omelette as he can't even afford the mouldy cheese perhaps and meanwhile there's rockerfella Joe there with Parmesan AND crispy bacon no less ! I tell ya, things are going to change when I get into power, Donald Trump is going to look like Christ himself compared to me ! Vote N.Irish guy - to make your Country great again ! ! :-)

You see, and THAT is exactly how cunts like Trump get into power stoking up the masses against the "why should we let them have more than you brigade - you see Joe, so it's all YOUR fault that Trump is President - you and people like you with your parmesan AND bloody CRISPY bacon ! It's ALL down to YOU, I hope your happy now ! :-)

scottish-guy
December 1st, 2017, 17:05
.... bloody dole receivers....

Well, in Glasgow if you are unemployed you are known as being "on the Buroo" (which I have always assumed is a corruption of "bureau") - and those who are on the Buroo are affectionately known as "Buroo cunts"

I think you should adopt this term in favour of "bloody dole receivers" - it's far more colourful, like your good self

bobsaigon2
December 1st, 2017, 17:05
bob put jam in it - same thing

I admit that jam in an omelette must be an exclusively American preparation. Never heard of it or saw it elsewhere.

scottish-guy
December 1st, 2017, 17:08
It's well known that in extreme circumstances (like your tube of KY runs out) that jam can be used as a personal lubricant.

Just avoid the raspberry stuff - if you get one of the seeds down your jap's eye you'll know all about it

joe552
December 1st, 2017, 17:30
NIrish, a slight over-reaction if I may say so.

And speaking of bob's jammy omelette, what say you about pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast? I love it when I've been to Canadia. Even better with some of that crispy bacon NIrish can't afford.

bobsaigon2
December 1st, 2017, 18:00
It's well known that in extreme circumstances (like your tube of KY runs out) that jam can be used as a personal lubricant. Just avoid the raspberry stuff - if you get one of the seeds down your jap's eye you'll know all about it

Good point, SG. Then I would recommend Tesco Seedless Raspberry Jam 454G €0.89 in ROI, £ 0.75 in the UK.

scottish-guy
December 1st, 2017, 18:03
Well Tesco's motto is "Every Little Helps" - seems entirely apposite

frequent
December 1st, 2017, 18:21
It's well known that in extreme circumstances (like your tube of KY runs out) that jam can be used as a personal lubricant.I can recommend marmalade

bobsaigon2
December 1st, 2017, 18:29
NIrish, a slight over-reaction if I may say so. And speaking of bob's jammy omelette, what say you about pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast? I love it when I've been to Canadia. Even better with some of that crispy bacon NIrish can't afford.

Nirish does tend to get carried away.

As a frequent visitor to Tesco websites, I have noticed pre-made pancakes, with instructions to put them under the grill for a couple of minutes. Never tried them, have no idea if they are as satisfying as freshly made pancakes.

Tesco Golden Syrup 700G €1.99 or Tesco Pure Canadian Maple Syrup 250G €4.19
Kerrygold Butter 227G €2.09
Odlums Pancake Mix 500G €1.79 (Simply add milk & eggs)

Canadian syrup is expensive everywhere outside Canada, but I spoil myself and use it every time I make pancakes. I just use a small amount as it's quite sweet.
Can't find Kerrygold in my supermarket, so I use New Zealand butter (Anchor)
Odlums is the only pancake mix I see on Tesco, other places may offer more varieties.

bkkguy
December 1st, 2017, 18:43
Regarding a different thing entirely, do you guys make a 2 egg or a 3 egg Omlette and what ingredients do you add?

more importantly what size egg - on the Thai 0,1, 2 egg size scale

these days I usually make a 6 egg (1) frittata with spinach, mushrooms, ham/bacon/chorizo, grated cheddar, cream and keep half to have cold the next day - even more delicious then fresh out of the pan!

I admit that jam in an omelette must be an exclusively American preparation.

Americans would have jam with anything - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, give me a break!

bkkguy

arsenal
December 1st, 2017, 20:00
Scrambled eggs with smoked fish of any kind is a wonderful brunch dish served with brown toast. And I repeat that anyone who adds milk still thinks there's a war on and that rationing is still in place. Cheapskate.

scottish-guy
December 1st, 2017, 20:10
Unlike yourself Len, not all of us were even alive during the war - nor even during rationing which I believe continued in the UK until well into the 50's

cdnmatt
December 1st, 2017, 20:32
Milk makes the eggs more creamy.

arsenal
December 1st, 2017, 20:52
No it doesn't, it makes them too wet and will leak liquid. Yuk.

From the God.
http://www.startribune.com/recipes-scrambled-eggs-a-la-escoffier/136680548/

cdnmatt
December 1st, 2017, 21:48
Ok, maybe not more creamy, but more fluffy.

Dalewood
December 1st, 2017, 22:47

I thought about that too, but this is the "Everything Else" section.

joe552
December 1st, 2017, 23:05
Well, I started the thread and expected 2 or 3 replies at most. Who knew scrambled eggs could be so interesting?

Dalewood
December 1st, 2017, 23:23
When I am in the US, eggs, bacon, and grits---'nuff said.

My Thai friend prefers Thai food in general and especially for breakfast. In Thailand I usually end up with fried rice w/chicken, one fried egg, and some kind of broth/soup that comes in a plastic bag. I have come to really like that soup. We shower after our early morning walk, then he goes and gets the breakfast when the lady opens her stand.

joe552
December 1st, 2017, 23:25
I still don't know what grits is/are.

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 00:31
Sounds like something you'd feed your budgie (and that's not a euphemism)

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 00:54
Can't imagine having fish for breakfast or brunch. I went down on a woman once and almost threw up on her. Smell of fish still brings that memory back.

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 01:47
For myself, fish is OK for breakfast for a treat - if it's smoked haddock or smoked salmon with poached or scrambled eggs respectively.

Can't eat kippers though - the bones would make me puke.

bobsaigon2
December 2nd, 2017, 04:31
Americans would have jam with anything - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, give me a break! bkkguy

Not a valid criticism from someone whose countrymen regularly consume Marmite or Vegemite.

bobsaigon2
December 2nd, 2017, 04:39
When I am in the US, eggs, bacon, and grits---'nuff said.

Sadly, I have never seen grits available outside the US.

For Joe: Grits are a traditional American dish made from ground dried hominy (a form of specially processed corn) which is simmered until it becomes soft and creamy. For most US southerners they are an integral part of breakfast. A hot plate of creamy grits is pure comfort food.

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 04:51
Thanks bob. Is it related in any way to sweetcorn, or closer to a porridge type thing?

bobsaigon2
December 2nd, 2017, 04:54
Thanks bob. Is it related in any way to sweetcorn, or closer to a porridge type thing?

I'd say it's more like porridge but not as coarse, though a true Southerner might have a more authoritative view.

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 05:04
thanks. Maybe SG (being our resident porridge expert) can expand?

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 05:47
Like everything else there is a World Championship of porridge making - it's held annually in Carrbridge in the highlands of Scotland.

People come from all over the world to compete for the (wait for it) Golden Spurtle which may sound like some kind of deviant yellow fun but is in fact a stick which one uses to stir the porridge.

I think the current World Champion is a Swede.

Other than that I can only say that porridge ought only ever have salt added to it - none of your sassenach sugar, honey, jam etc and it's traditional to chase it down with a shot of malt whisky. The Hilton hotel in Glasgow keeps a free bottle of malt next to the porridge urn at breakfast time and patrons are welcome to help themselves to a dram.

latintopxxx
December 2nd, 2017, 06:14
...screeeeeaaam...

a447
December 2nd, 2017, 07:24
Not a valid criticism from someone whose countrymen regularly consume Marmite or Vegemite.

Most of my childhood and adult life was Vegemite-free, and I never missed it at all.

I rediscovered it on my return to Australia and now wonder how I ever lived without it!

Vegemite on toasted sourdough bread! Heaven! The perfect quick snack.

I only ever eat breakfast when I'm staying at a hotel. I always check out the breakfast buffet before I book.

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 07:39
If we are annoying LatintopXXX we're doing something right

frequent
December 2nd, 2017, 08:09
Sadly, I have never seen grits available outside the US.

For Joe: Grits are a traditional American dish made from ground dried hominy (a form of specially processed corn) which is simmered until it becomes soft and creamy. For most US southerners they are an integral part of breakfast. A hot plate of creamy grits is pure comfort food.Does the special processing involve corn-holing?

arsenal
December 2nd, 2017, 08:49
Milky scrambled eggs and salty porridge with an occasional sliver of fish. Breakfast with Gorbalsl Jock sounds a right barrel of fun.

bobsaigon2
December 2nd, 2017, 12:52
Most of my childhood and adult life was Vegemite-free, and I never missed it at all. I rediscovered it on my return to Australia and now wonder how I ever lived without it! Vegemite on toasted sourdough bread! Heaven! The perfect quick snack. I only ever eat breakfast when I'm staying at a hotel. I always check out the breakfast buffet before I book.

I only tasted Vegemite once and figured I was too old to have the time to acquire a liking for it. I think this advert or similar is still in use.

We're happy little Vegemites
As bright as bright can be.
We all enjoy our Vegemite
For breakfast, lunch and tea.
Our Mummies say we're growing stronger every single week
Because we love our Vegemite.
We all adore our Vegemite.
IT PUTS A ROSE IN EVERY CHEEK!
We're growing stronger every week.

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 13:19
Milky scrambled eggs and salty porridge with an occasional sliver of fish. Breakfast with Gorbalsl Jock sounds a right barrel of fun.

You need not fear ever being invited to share it Len, so I shall leave you with your own daily breakfast of broken promises, with a side order of mendacity

arsenal
December 2nd, 2017, 14:00
:yahoo_mini:

cdnmatt
December 2nd, 2017, 14:55
Why no mention of crepes?

pennyboy
December 2nd, 2017, 15:11
I thought crepes were what neds wore on their feet in the 60s

bkkguy
December 2nd, 2017, 19:01
Vegemite on toasted sourdough bread! Heaven!

sacrilege - when I was growing up no happy little Vegimites' mummy would have known what sourdough bread was let alone using it when trying to put "a rose on every cheek" and heaven is officially still a Vegimite sandwich on white bread with a slice of Kraft processed cheddar cheese!

thanks bobsaigon2 for the jingle, and for the rest of the uninitiated try the pop quiz
(http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz73391869710.html)

bkkguy

bobsaigon2
December 2nd, 2017, 19:41
sacrilege - when I was growing up no happy little Vegimites' mummy would have known what sourdough bread was let alone using it when trying to put "a rose on every cheek" and heaven is officially still a Vegimite sandwich on white bread with a slice of Kraft processed cheddar cheese!
bkkguy

I think Americans have no idea how deeply ingrained Vegemite is in the Australian culture. Vegemite, made in Australia at its Port Melbourne manufacturing facility, produces more than 22 million jars per year. The billionth jar of Vegemite was produced in October 2008.

Though Vegemite is owned by the American multi-national Mondelez group, I think no effort was ever made to market it in the US. Americans are not adventuresome eaters.

It is refreshing to see a widely accepted food product that even some doctors recommend as a Vit B supplement. :)

Meanwhile, the fast food chains, the snack purveyors and soft drink producers are doing their best to lead as many people as possible towards morbid obesity. :(

Dalewood
December 2nd, 2017, 22:07

Joe, you have gotten a good definition of grits. What is porridge?

Dalewood
December 2nd, 2017, 22:11
Sounds like something you'd feed your budgie (and that's not a euphemism)

And what is a budgie?

a447
December 2nd, 2017, 22:40
A budgie is found inside a pair of budgie smugglers.

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 23:10
Not in mine a447. Porridge is rolled oats, boiled with milk or cream. Salt is added before eating. Although I've heard about Philistines who add sugar rather than salt.

A budgie is a small bird kept caged as a household pet, similar to a canary.

Budgie smugglers have been seen on Bondi Beach, but that's Australians for you.

scottish-guy
December 3rd, 2017, 06:07
Budgie = Budgerigar

frequent
December 3rd, 2017, 06:09
Budgie = BudgerigarYou deep fry budgies for breakfast?!

scottish-guy
December 3rd, 2017, 06:14
Yes, you should try them - the flesh just falls away

frequent
December 3rd, 2017, 06:28
Yes, you should try them - the flesh just falls awayI thought Melting Moments (https://bakingwithgranny.co.uk/recipe/melting-moments/) are a biscuit

joe552
December 3rd, 2017, 07:40
Yes, you should try them - the flesh just falls away

Mind, you have to eat a few of them to fill you up.

bkkguy
December 3rd, 2017, 19:21
You deep fry budgies for breakfast?!

you need to ask this? these are the people who invented the battered deep-fried Mars bar!

bkkguy

scottish-guy
December 3rd, 2017, 22:25
Look, we need to nail this - neither I nor anybody I know has ever eaten a deep fried Mars bar.

It's an urban legend - unlike the Loch Ness Monster which is clearly real.

FarangRuMak
December 3rd, 2017, 23:17
you need to ask this? these are the people who invented the battered deep-fried Mars bar!

bkkguy
The guy Dave, of Dave's Mexican Cantina on the soi going from 3rd to Thaeprassit Soi 8, deep fries Balls of Ice Cream in batter.
Very good, as is his Mexican Food.

frequent
December 4th, 2017, 12:01
Look, we need to nail this - neither I nor anybody I know has ever eaten a deep fried Mars bar.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_bar

arsenal
December 4th, 2017, 12:20
:yes:

pennyboy
December 4th, 2017, 15:07
As a Scot I have never eaten nor know anyone who has eaten a deep fried mars bar nor have I ever seen one other than a picture and I am a frequenter of the chippy shops.

bkkguy
December 4th, 2017, 18:47
As a Scot I have never eaten nor know anyone who has eaten a deep fried mars bar nor have I ever seen one other than a picture and I am a frequenter of the chippy shops.

you and SG obviously need to get out a bit more - or is this just an early example of fake news from The Guardian?

Scottish chip shop owner beats council over 'ban' on deep-fried Mars bar sign (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/20/scotland-chip-shop-deep-fried-mars-bar-birthplace-beats-council)

bkkguy

scottish-guy
December 4th, 2017, 19:17
I don't either of us is saying it's "fake news" - just that neither of us has ever seen a deep-fried Mars Bar nor do we know anybody who's eaten one, which if the consumption of this "treat" was in any way widespread (as some seem to be suggesting) then we would have had.

:unknw_mini:

bkkguy
December 4th, 2017, 19:36
I don't either of us is saying it's "fake news" - just that neither of us has ever seen a deep-fried Mars Bar nor do we know anybody who's eaten one, which if the consumption of this "treat" was in any way widespread (as some seem to be suggesting) then we would have had.

I am reminded of the Thai politician who claimed there was no evidence of widespread prostitution in Pattaya as a rebuff to an article in the UK media that did not gel with their own face-saving view of their country

bkkguy

scottish-guy
December 4th, 2017, 20:08
Conflating a Mars Bar with prostitution is something that could only happen on this disfunctional forum

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 21:48
So having nailed the perfect scrambled eggs (minus the Mars bar) what do you eat it with. I know a lot of people like salmon, but I don't eat fish. So I prefer crispy bacon. Maybe some mushrooms and sausage?

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 00:06
At the risk of prolonging LatintopXXX's misery:

Difficult to get bacon that'll crisp up these days - with the amount of water they inject into it you almost end up effectively boiling it in a sea of liquid that resembles spunk.

I've tried the dry cure stuff but even that can end up soggy and limp.

I get some success with Ayrshire bacon fried in a wok at very high temperature.

bkkguy
December 5th, 2017, 18:44
Conflating a Mars Bar with prostitution is something that could only happen on this disfunctional forum

shown a picture of a deep-fried Mars Bar I am sure many local prostitutes would have no problem conflating it with some of the things they have encountered exploring the "dark underbelly" of some of their customers, though you may spend more time explaining conflate than trying to explain why anyone would want to deep-fry a Mars Bar anyway - perhaps point out the etymology from the Latin verb conflare ("to blow together") as threesomes are not an uncommon request from customers

and if that hasn't turned you off breakfast nothing will - though it has possibly piqued latintop's interest in the topic again!

bkkguy

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 21:46
When I've been to Canadia (I still have family there) I loved pancakes with maple syrup and crispy bacon. As an alternative to scrambled eggs can't be beat.

Brad the Impala
December 5th, 2017, 23:27
History does not relate whether the Mars Bar with which Marianne Faithful was in intimate possession was deep fried or not, when the police raided. It's not clear to me which would have been easier to insert........

I think that it was later surmised that the story of the insertion was a police exaggeration designed to demonstrate the depravity of the Stones, in an establishment attempt to reduce their appeal. Of course the reverse applied.

scottish-guy
December 6th, 2017, 00:01
I suspect that the Marianne Faithfull Mars Bar insertion is as much of a phallusy as the Marc Almond Semen Swallowing legend

Nirish guy
December 6th, 2017, 00:12
You just know that half of us who aren't familiar with either story are now googling the shit out of "Marianne Faithfull Mars Bar insertion" and "Marc Almond Semen Swallowing legend" dont you....... :)

joe552
December 6th, 2017, 04:25
Ah you youngsters NIrish. What are we going to going to do with you?

bkkguy
December 6th, 2017, 18:18
You just know that half of us who aren't familiar with either story are now googling the shit out of "Marianne Faithfull Mars Bar insertion" and "Marc Almond Semen Swallowing legend" dont you....... :)

and as at post time for this message a Google search for "Marianne Faithfull Mars Bar insertion" does actually bring up a link to this thread, though on page 5 so Moses' dreams of becoming an Internet sensation on the coattails of posts here obviously still needs a bit of work - perhaps some AI software to automatically send the most "interesting" posts on the forum to the twitter feed to drive even more "relevant" traffic to the forum? or perhaps one of the moderators could help out in between slagging other posters off?

bkkguy

joe552
December 6th, 2017, 19:03
I don't mind admitting that I have no idea what you just said, bkkguy.

francois
December 7th, 2017, 11:00
Does anyone ?

Marsilius
December 7th, 2017, 19:25
So having nailed the perfect scrambled eggs (minus the Mars bar) what do you eat it with. I know a lot of people like salmon, but I don't eat fish. So I prefer crispy bacon. Maybe some mushrooms and sausage?

My own favourite accompaniment to scrambled eggs used to be served at the old Sea Falcon restaurant on Dongtan Beach: scrambled eggs with sautéed chicken livers and fried onions. Sadly, the new incarnation of Sea Falcon (I've forgotten the name) doesn't have it on their menu, but I've tried making it at home in the UK and it's just as tasty!

cdnmatt
December 7th, 2017, 19:34
What I eat my eggs with? Depends on who I'm eating with, and how many I'm cooking for.

For a good breakfast though, eggs with onions, suateed mushrooms, onisions, bell peppers, and some cheese mixed in. Add to that some breakfast sausages, hasbrowns, and buttered toast. Perfect!

a
b

joe552
December 7th, 2017, 20:48
Jeez Matt that sounds like a dinner to me

bobsaigon2
December 7th, 2017, 23:02
Jeez Matt that sounds like a dinner to me

Joe, doesn't it sound like a Full Irish breakfast, minus the pudding?

joe552
December 8th, 2017, 00:18
close enough bob :)

I couldn't find a smiley for puking. In fairness, I would have that for my tea - the smaller of the 2 meals I eat.

Speaking of which, time to get those sausages sizzling.

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2017, 04:06
Since we're on the topic of breakfast, any suggestions for steak & eggs recipe?

I was planning to make steak for dinner, but he ended up going out for the night, and came back drunk at around 3:30am instead. So I'm thinking just full out steaks with a sunny side up egg or two on top, with some hashbrowns and maybe some bacon on the side? Does that sound decent?

And bonus question -- any advice on how to convince someone that a BJ feels good? Been living with him for about 15 months, and I think this is the second time I seen him drunk. So thought I maybe had a chance, but nope, not happening. He likes it, but for about 60 seconds, then shuts down.

Nirish guy
December 14th, 2017, 04:10
Since we're on the topic of breakfast, any suggestions for steak & eggs recipe?

Cook steak to your liking, cook egg to your liking, put egg on top of steak, job done - I thought you said you could cook !?

As for the blow job as you've told us you're not into anal at all if you're not getting blown either for 15 months I think you should rethink your whole "the welcome home sex was awesome" thing you said a while back perhaps.

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2017, 04:15
And if you believe simple BJs are the deal breaker in a realationship, then maybe you should rethink your relationship with your BF.

Nirish guy
December 14th, 2017, 04:33
Hey well as it appears that I'm the one getting blown and laid where as you on the other hand are not it seems I think I'll pass on your advice re that thanks :)

joe552
December 14th, 2017, 07:19
Call me old fashioned, but why would you put eggs with your steak? I love steak, and plan to have it for my Christmas dinner. Pure unadulterated beef. Some parsnips and potatoes on the side. Eggs are for breakfast (scrambled) or for tea (omelette with various bits, mushrooms, bacon, etc).

Steak and eggs? Definitely not.

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2017, 07:22
I don't know, I have two defrosted sirloin steaks sitting in the fridge right now, plus I currently feel like a total asshole. He's going to be hungover whenever he wakes up, so I figure a nice plate of steak and eggs might go over well.

joe552
December 14th, 2017, 07:59
Matt, to my mind, just leave out the eggs. Maybe some hash browns with the steak? Mushrooms?

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2017, 08:04
We don't have any mushrooms. :(

And last time I tried going to go to Tesco on my own, I ended up wandering down the side of the highway, so best to not try that again.

No, steak & eggs is standard, at least in the US I think. I just don't know how to do it. Do I cut it up, and make it more like a scrambled eggs type of thing? Or do I just fry / poach a couple eggs, and put them on the steak, or?

frequent
December 14th, 2017, 08:16
Steak and eggs? Definitely not.It's a North American thing!

joe552
December 14th, 2017, 09:03
Well Matt, since neither you or Leo have ever had steak and eggs before, it really doesn't matter how you prepare the eggs. He's hardly likely to say: this isn't how I like my steak and eggs, and where are the mushrooms.!

If you're determined, I would fry the eggs. Well cooked, but with a runny yolk.

frequent
December 14th, 2017, 09:15
Well Matt, since neither you or Leo have ever had steak and eggs before, it really doesn't matter how you prepare the eggs. He's hardly likely to say: this isn't how I like my steak and eggs, and where are the mushrooms.!

If you're determined, I would fry the eggs. Well cooked, but with a runny yolk.Lots of Lao and Isaan guys won't eat beef

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2017, 11:44
And sure enough, steak and sticky rice it was. At least I managed to sneak in a vegetable stir fry of broccoli, carrots and onions.

I'll never understand why sticky rice is so delicious. It's not.

An imported Australian sirloin steak with sticky rice. Fuck me...

joe552
December 14th, 2017, 12:03
Matt, I'd rather not fuck you, if that's alright (no offence intended). Sirloin steak with sticky rice? We ain't in Kansas any more, Toto.

frequent, I've often come across guys who won't eat beef. Never really understood it.

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2017, 12:27
Yeah, I'll just have to grit my teeth about destroying a perfectly good and expensive imported steak with sticky rice. I was an asshole last night, so my turn to apologize.

joe552
December 14th, 2017, 12:34
Apologise to whom? Not us, surely? Spill the beans (all over your imported Australian steak). Leo comes home drunk, and you have to apologise?

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2017, 13:00
Yeah, I may have sent him a message saying he's an asshole, and can come by in the morning and pick up his things, as I'll have them ready for him.

Whoops.

I don't know, he wasn't answering my messages or phone calls at 2am, so I just assumed he was already sleeping at some other house / room. Keep in mind, this is a guy who drinks maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

joe552
December 14th, 2017, 13:30
And did he apologise?

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2017, 13:53
Yeah, but he apologized about going out for some drinks with a couple friends, and staying out too late. If that's all that happened, then I'm the asshole. If more happened, I'll figure it out eventually. It might take me a few months, but he's same as me, and is a horrible lia, so he can't keep a secret for long.

I'm sorry, but no, he's not allowed to have sex with other people. Well, he can I guess and nothing I can do, but I can leave him.

He proposed, I accepted. A couple months later I proposed, and he accepted. As far as I'm concerned, we're husbands now, which means neither of us is allowed to have sex with other people any more.

Q

bobsaigon2
December 14th, 2017, 16:08
Interesting the way this thread develops.

--Steak and eggs definitely only North American, and, in the US, mainly offered in the South and West. Never had the dish where I grew up in the Northeast.

--No BJ's. No anal sex. One wonders. But one really does not want to know further details.

--Christmas spent alone eating steak rather than at two chaotic family gatherings: a wise choice.

joe552
December 14th, 2017, 16:31
Back in the black and white days, I asked my girlfriend, before we went to bed, how she'd like her eggs in the morning. Unfertilised, sez she. I dumped her soon after.

Nirish guy
December 14th, 2017, 16:58
He proposed, I accepted. A couple months later I proposed, and he accepted. As far as I'm concerned, we're husbands now

So a while ago has asked me did I fancy being a horse and I accepted, then I asked him would he like to be a horse, and he accepted, so now as far as I'm concerned we're both horses. See, see how and why life just doesn't work like that....... but hey good luck going on telling yourself wee stories in your head there if it makes you happy.

bkkguy
December 14th, 2017, 19:33
An imported Australian sirloin steak with sticky rice. Fuck me...

blowjobs are not known the world over as the breakfast of champions for no reason so it is no surprise you're being fucked is the only option when your horse - who is not into blowjobs - is not impressed by an offer of steak and eggs after a night of possibly drunken possibly dalliance

bkkguy