PDA

View Full Version : Boyztown

arsenal
November 28th, 2017, 07:51
My apologies in advance to Gorbals Jock and Baby Joe for posting something to do with gay Thailand on the Gay Thailand forum.

Boyztown has been unbelievably quiet since my arrival with often nary a customer in sight. Toy Boys has lots of boys but the majority are gay and so not to my taste. Its the busiest gogo bar in yown at the moment. My one off from there, a straight boy called xxxx was delightful. Prisms Bar doesn't have many boys and even fewer customers so i hope pick up for them. BBB are currently not doing the 9.00pm parade, apparently someone complained about the noise or so I was told. I haven't been into Cupidol because all they have are gay boys although I understand a few stunners reside there. A-Bomb seems steady. The soi with X-Boys and Kawai Boys is a building site and covered in sand so after walking through you have to take off your sandals and remove it so not inviting. I might catch the show at some point. Even BBB doesn't have the verve of previous visits and their capricious off fe policy deters me from going in.

Again. My apologies for interrupting Gorbals Jock and his endless hissy fit and Baby Joe's never ending inane drivel to post about gay Thailand on the Gay Thailand Forum.
Cue Celtic fuming.

joe552
November 28th, 2017, 08:19
SG, let me kick this one off.

arsenal, you go out at night wearing sandals? Please tell me you don't wear socks. But then again, your narly old feet on public display? Says so much about you. Bitchy enough for you? I'm ready to up my game when I've had something to eat.

arsenal
November 28th, 2017, 08:31
The lip synching shows at Cafe Royal and Castro Bar are so similar that a few strategically placed mirrors could halve the cost for both establishments. However the music played is usually pretty good.

Smiles
November 28th, 2017, 08:52
Thanks Arsenal for the lowdown on Boyztown -- haven't noticed any nitty-gritty stuff like that while the "Chronicles of Cndmatt" have taken over Board and rendered everyone (or maybe just me) comatose.
"Leo woke up and took a pee" indeed.

Are you meaning 'Gerbils', rather than Gorbals? "Gerbils Jock" rolls off the tongue much easier and also has a notorious gay inference from the past.

latintopxxx
November 28th, 2017, 08:54
whats wrong with wearing sandals/flip flops/jandals....??
It is like super hot and humid..so its t-sirt and shorts and jandals...

joe552
November 28th, 2017, 09:02
latin, for those of us of a cultured persuasion the garb you describe is perfectly acceptable day wear. However, once the sun goes down, other standards apply, for those of us who have standards.

arsenal
November 28th, 2017, 11:21
The ratio of gay boys to straights has definitely swung towards the former in the last year or so.

gerefan2
November 28th, 2017, 12:20
I disagree.

I was in Boyztown on Friday evening and it was heaving. Panorama had some awful Brighton Katoy on stage and the place was packed. I had to reserve my seats the previous Monday.All the pics are here if you don’t believe me ...
https://www.facebook.com/PanoramaPubPattaya/?fref=ts

On Sunday evening we went to the BBB show and it too was packed. They seem to have shortened the first show to a bearable 40 minutes. No ladyboys. Didn’t hang around until the last show..

Toyboys was also full on Friday evening at about midnight after escaping the Panorama show.

Next weekend is World AIDS Day and the street show is reappearing after a long lay off.

I agree about the Soi next door with Kawaii boys but it’s easily avoided and there’s not much there anyway.

Incidentally when I went into Nice Boys last week it was literally standing room only.

Perhaps you were there at the wrong time, but We were discussing how busy it was with still a month to go until proper high season.

gerefan2
November 28th, 2017, 12:21
The ratio of gay boys to straights has definitely swung towards the former in the last year or so.

Is that surprising in the biggest gay area in Thailand?

gerefan2
November 28th, 2017, 12:22
The lip synching shows at Cafe Royal and Castro Bar are so similar that a few strategically placed mirrors could halve the cost for both establishments. However the music played is usually pretty good.

The show at Cafe Royal finished some time ago.

gerefan2
November 28th, 2017, 12:27
SG, let me kick this one off.

arsenal, you go out at night wearing sandals? Please tell me you don't wear socks. ..

I wear sandals AND socks. Two reasons ...

1. I apply moisturising cream to my feet and without socks it evaporates and so my feet crack and really hurt. It is the tropics you know!
2. Walking around in sandals without socks results in filthy feet in minutes here. They are then almost impossible to clean

It’s matter of necessity. Fuck what anyone thinks.

frequent
November 28th, 2017, 12:52
Thanks Arsenal for the lowdown on Boyztown -- haven't noticed any nitty-gritty stuff like that while the "Chronicles of Cndmatt" have taken over Board and rendered everyone (or maybe just me) comatose.It seems to be a contest between Joe and Matt as to who is the greater spammer

joe552
November 28th, 2017, 13:54
frequent, which of us is winning, in your humble opinion?

arsenal
November 28th, 2017, 14:12
We're definitely there at different times gerefan2. Yes, Panorama was packed on Saturday but that a only one day. Surprised about your feet as the tropics are generally pretty humid.

scottish-guy
November 28th, 2017, 17:10
What would you know - you say you've just arrived, you've been going round BT and you're not impressed with the show at Cafe Royal - a show which according to Gerefan hasn't been in existence for "some time".

Where's MiniMee when you need him?

arsenal
November 28th, 2017, 17:20
:confused:

arsenal
November 28th, 2017, 22:24
Looks like they reinstated the show at Cafe Royal getefan2!!! You can stand down Minimee.

newalaan2
November 29th, 2017, 06:24
Boyztown has been unbelievably quiet since my arrival with often nary a customer in sight. .

Thanks for the update arsenal, always good to get current info about gay Thailand activities on a gay Thailand Forum (a forum which of late has been full of litter and trash with little relation to gay Thailand topics, courtesy of a minority who rarely set foot....) from somebody 'on the ground'..... Just out of interest, what day(s) of the week and what time(s) in evening have you been going.

I visited BT a few nights in late Sept/ October, classed as low season and found it lively enough even then from about 9.30pm (the time I usually arrived) onwards quieting down after 12am. Surprised to hear it's quiet at this time of year, hope it's because you've been arriving early in evening.

Regarding BBB, is the 'off' fee/boy drinks (or other services) structure not consistent? Is there some specific area I could 'try' and clarify (from insider contacts I know who work there?)..

arsenal
November 29th, 2017, 08:10
Over the course of the evening I might make 3 visits to Boyztown from 5pm until 2am. BBB has a hierarchy of off fees depending on how popular the boy is.

christianpfc
November 29th, 2017, 08:19
Someone let me know when BBB has boys in underwear on stage, throughout the night. As long as there are boys in jeans, I won't set a foot in the bar. Applies to all gogo bars.

arsenal
November 29th, 2017, 08:41
Christian. They're in underwear briefly during the show but BBB is no longer a Go Go bar in the real sense.

gerefan2
November 29th, 2017, 15:35
Correct, they were in jeans before the 10.30show and again afterwards.
No parade although it did re start some months ago.
I suspect they have upset someone in the food chain...

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 16:28
In the food chain? That'll be all those pubes in the mashed potato.

I haven't been in there in years, but it was the first bar of its kind I was in - on my first trip and with a bi friend. I had to ask one of the staff how the system worked. A lesson I learned very quickly.

latintopxxx
November 30th, 2017, 12:26
..i gotta agree with christian..if im buying..ok renting..flesh..I gotta see it before i bite..or in my case ride...

gerefan2
November 30th, 2017, 13:24
Someone let me know when BBB has boys in underwear on stage, throughout the night. As long as there are boys in jeans, I won't set a foot in the bar. Applies to all gogo bars.

Perhaps think a little out of the box...

BBB is similar to Dreamboys BKK. Catering for Chinese tour groups who only want to see a show and very, very rarely take anyone off.

Hence their NOW 500 baht drinks for any boy or waiter...to make up for lost “off” fees.

Maybe they are just not interested in our custom at all.

Until the Chinese groups dry up, that is.

So no white undies for the moment....?

a447
November 30th, 2017, 13:31
I feel sorry for the guys who work there, as the chances of getting offed have considerably diminished since the arrival of the Chinese.

I wonder how much the boy gets if a customer buys him a drink? Whatever it is,it would be nowhere near equal the amount he'd get if he scored an off, no matter how many drinks he had.

I think I'd be checking the apps as soon as the bar closed.

frequent
November 30th, 2017, 13:48
Perhaps think a little out of the box...If you want to think inside the box, try a girlie bar

arsenal
November 30th, 2017, 14:24
It's a one visit bar per trip. The show is basically a series of ininteresting routines featuring muscle boys. Whether its an Asian jock or a Gorbals Jock its the same repetitive shit every day.

:mad:

joe552
November 30th, 2017, 17:02
500Bt for a boy drink? And not a sign of undies, let alone cock? Not somewhere I'm going to spend my time.

I know, the owners won't miss my custom.

Rolling Stone
December 2nd, 2017, 12:58

Christian, why you bother? The boys aren't of the type you like, most of them.
I still go into BBB numerous times every trip but had not taken off a boy from there for as long as I can remember; just watched the shows while sipping my drinks and moved on.

christianpfc
December 2nd, 2017, 14:19
I feel sorry for the guys who work there, as the chances of getting offed have considerably diminished since the arrival of the Chinese.
Compensated by asking for more (1500? 2000? for short time). Maybe they get paid enough to not being dependent on offs (stickman wrote that many bars in Bangkok pay their ladies so much thay don't have to go with customers, or can pick customers, or ask for crazy money).

I just (yesterday night) was in Eros, 3 drinks at 100 each, one off fee 300, total 600 THB! I know where I will take my business.

scottish-guy
December 2nd, 2017, 15:28
Christian, no offence - but if another bar opens up doing the 3 drinks and the off fee for 595B, everybody knows where you'll be taking your business !!

:D

latintopxxx
December 4th, 2017, 00:57
Lots of the guys in BBB /dream boys and other gogo bars in soi twilight are on grindr and I assume other apps. And I would tend to disagree that they are not being offed as I have observed quite a few being.

a447
December 4th, 2017, 07:14
But it's nowhere near what it was like a few years ago, when there would be very few boys left on stage at the end of the night.

I have noticed during my last visits that the stage has been full.

arsenal
December 4th, 2017, 08:50
Possibly due to the fact that very few of the boys available are actually worth the high cost.

loke
December 13th, 2017, 18:24
What are the lastest drink prices in BT ? I think 150 baht is acceptable for a drink , do I need to go higher ?

francois
December 13th, 2017, 21:43
Yes. 180 Baht+ at go-go bars.

scottish-guy
December 13th, 2017, 22:10
180B/5Euro would be ok if you were actually getting any more than a thimbleful of spirits in your drink.

In some bars, if you are buying a boy say a vodka and coke I can almost guarantee there's no vodka in his drink at all.

On more than one occasion in more than one go go bar two identical drinks have been ordered and when they arrive I swap them round, so I am getting the boy's drink - there's often not even a whiff of spirits in "his" and of course I complain accordingly.

The whole malarkey is a bit of a game, and it's fun to play it sometimes

joe552
December 13th, 2017, 22:21
I've found the solution to the problem SG. I expect the boy to buy the drinks in the bar with his own money (I will of course refund him later) but this way I think we're getting what he's paying for.

Rolling Stone
December 20th, 2017, 10:06
What are the lastest drink prices in BT ? I think 150 baht is acceptable for a drink , do I need to go higher ?

Toy Boy 260 (red wine)//BBB 280 (red wine)//Dream Boy 200 (red wine)//Cupidol 200 (red wine)//Prisma 200 ... latest prices; but I could be wrong about a couple of them...wasn't very sure/can't remember. But ToyBoy I am quite sure as they noticeably raised the price (as the mamasan acknowledged). NiceBoys 200/Singha, Winner's wine costs 119 (like supermarket price lol:)) )

arsenal
December 20th, 2017, 10:20
The go go bars do little to encourage the sales of more drinks. They could have the boys drink priced lower than the customers or perhaps sell a block of 7/8 drinks for 1000 baht that you can have over the course of your holiday.

And personally I'm pleased if the drink the boy orders contains little or no alcohol. It makes no difference to me and is healthier regardless of any 'if I'm paying for........blah blah blah'.

a447
December 20th, 2017, 13:49
Imagine what would happen if the German at Dreamboys lowered the price of boy drinks to say, 200 baht.

Many more customers would ask a boy to sit with them, thereby increasing the chances of the boy getting an off. This would result in more off fees for the bar. The customer could possibly buy the boy more than one drink, thereby increasing his tip.

Everyone would be a winner.

Mind you, what with all the Chinese customers, it's too late for him. But surely the other bars could give it a try.

gerefan2
December 20th, 2017, 17:36
Latest prices at Boyz Boyz Boys to make you squirm over you key board...

Customer drink 280
Boy/waiter drink 500

Off fee...non showboy 500
Off fee showboy (after show) 800
Off fee showboy (before show) 1500

Expected tips on top!

aussie_
December 20th, 2017, 19:58
Toy Boy 260 (red wine)//BBB 280 (red wine)//Dream Boy 200 (red wine)//Cupidol 200 (red wine)//Prisma 200 ... latest prices; but I could be wrong about a couple of them...wasn't very sure/can't remember. But ToyBoy I am quite sure as they noticeably raised the price (as the mamasan acknowledged). NiceBoys 200/Singha, Winner's wine costs 119 (like supermarket price lol:)) )

The mamasan at Toy Boys often offers customers a free drink. At least some incentive from management and i don't remember it happening at any other Boyztown bar. Not many boys at Toy Boys at present or maybe they are being offed before i walk past.

goji
December 21st, 2017, 18:09
Kawaii boys charged only 150 baht for water, which is OK.

More critically, where are all the twinks? Last year, Cupidol was some kind of twink paradise, with at least half a dozen fine examples & a few other worth thinking about. This year, all of the lads on stage were dreadful & there was just one with customers who would just about be OK at a push. How can they have screwed it up do badly in just one year ? Last year they had cute boys & it was so packed with customers, the boys HAD to sit on my lap. Now they have few customers.

Kawaii had one cutie & about 10 no hopers.
Prisma, one cutie & a couple of candidates.
ToyBoys, nothing special either.

In several of the bars, the worst of the boys must be about 15-20kg overweight.
Where are the twinks?

Oliver
December 22nd, 2017, 14:51
They are working in shops, shopping centres, hotels and restaurants. The number of employment opportunities for young guys from Isaan and so on has grown enormously over the past ten years. And then there's hornet or Romeo if they wish to supplement their meagre wages. I often wonder why a trip to Big C is more enticing in this respect than one to a bar. And cheaper.
The bars are caught in a vicious circle; fewer dancers mean fewer falangs and fewer falangs mean fewer offs and less incentive to work there.
The veteran and more macho guys have probably been around BT longer, are in friendship groups and possibly make more money from tips....with the possibility of an occasional female companion.

latintopxxx
December 22nd, 2017, 23:55
gotta agree with ollie...grindr is awash with all sizes, shapes and ages..from nauseating fem twinky stick figures to 30 something muscle boys..

arsenal
December 23rd, 2017, 06:20
The apps are to a go go bar as Argos is to Harrods.

goji
December 23rd, 2017, 08:54
The apps are to a go go bar as Argos is to Harrods.

This year, it seems Harrods have a lot of porkers on the stage. The only decent selection has been at Classic Boys (Bangkok). Not a single boy in Cupidol was cute, Kawaii had just the one, Dream Boys zero, Prisma 1~2 & Toy Boys had a few who could be considered, but not one was hot.

How can Cupidol have fallen so far in just 12 months?

Might as well go to Argos.

arsenal
December 23rd, 2017, 10:38
The usual stuff from Latin. Anyone wanting it can pm him.

latintopxxx
December 24th, 2017, 06:47
arsetroll...not sure what u mean?? Anyway probably immaterial as u r most probably just being obtuse. But to be clear, whilst I certainly would love to be able to walk into a gogo and find it stuffed full to the rafters with what I want this is sadly no longer the case. Only the dream boy/BBB duo in BKk come close but the costs are ridiculous compared to online.
In Pattaya I fuck in the mid morning...like around 10ish...and then again in the evening around 7ish...this is an absolute minimum. Between fuck sessions Im on the beach on grindr lining up my " dates"...I usually overbook as invariably there will be no shows or cat fishes ...
I actually enjoy the search..and price/activity negotiation...its fun..
So again...not sure what your comment was all about?? R U trying to kill conversation...and posts...

arsenal
December 24th, 2017, 07:51
No. But it's pretty obvious no one wants to read the stuff you like to write. And no one is really sure why you like to write it. There is probably a website that caters for your taste why don't you post your stuff there?

frequent
December 24th, 2017, 10:51
No. But it's pretty obvious no one wants to read the stuff you like to write. And no one is really sure why you like to write it. There is probably a website that caters for your taste why don't you post your stuff there?What's the opposite of "apposite"? More tendentious nonsense from someone who has no evidence that "no-one wants"

joe552
December 24th, 2017, 12:13
arsenal, who elected you as God? How do you know no-one wants to read latin's posts? I find them repetitive, and not terribly interesting - a bit like my own, I suppose. For a moderator to suggest a poster go elsewhere is just astonishing.

bkkguy
December 24th, 2017, 19:09
who elected you as God?

I thought the usual expression was "Who died and made you king?" but maybe too soon?

For a moderator to suggest a poster go elsewhere is just astonishing.

what I find astonishing is how the the concept of "moderator" is so misunderstood by some forum administrators

bkkguy

arsenal
December 24th, 2017, 20:36
Everyone seems astonished, which is astonishing.

latintopxxx
December 25th, 2017, 04:07
ArseTroll...I must have pushed your buttons unintentionally. Heres wishing you a very merry and peaceful christmas in the company of your family and loves ones.

frequent
December 25th, 2017, 04:49
ArseTroll...I must have pushed your buttons unintentionally. Heres wishing you a very merry and peaceful christmas in the company of your family and loves ones.If any such exist

scottish-guy
December 25th, 2017, 06:12
I don't like telling you all "I told you so", but .......

...and actually I do like telling you!

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all

:p

arsenal
December 25th, 2017, 07:59
:cool:

joe552
December 25th, 2017, 08:15
You know you've lost the argument when the best you can come up with is an emoji.

cdnmatt
December 25th, 2017, 08:59
And I'm the one who's putting other's off from posting, eh? Just look at yourselves.

frequent
December 25th, 2017, 09:52
And I'm the one who's putting other's off from posting, eh? Just look at yourselves.Nothing has changed in the last 10 years, Matt. It’s still a bitchy free-for-all

arsenal
December 25th, 2017, 09:53
:music_mini:

sglad
December 25th, 2017, 10:44
What's the opposite of "apposite"? More tendentious nonsense from someone who has no evidence that "no-one wants"

It's the usual BS-tactic of claiming to speak for other people to support their own highly personal prejudices and dislikes. Most often seen in the likes of a447, bobsaigons2 and Stalker-Fountainhole.

scottish-guy
December 25th, 2017, 15:37
Get over yourself

gerefan2
December 25th, 2017, 18:20
Merry fucking Christmas

scottish-guy
December 25th, 2017, 19:01
Thanks for the like a447 - but my comment was in response to Len , not Sglad

:lol:

arsenal
December 25th, 2017, 19:06
:yahoo_mini:

cdnmatt
December 25th, 2017, 19:30
:yahoo_mini:

And I'm the troll, eh? From people who flood the board with one wmoji responses.

frequent
December 26th, 2017, 05:56
whats wrong with wearing sandals/flip flops/jandals....??
It is like super hot and humid..so its t-sirt and shorts and jandals...It's known as letting the side down

joe552
December 26th, 2017, 06:42
latin, I was talking about wearing sandals at night. Of course I wear sandals during the day.

latintopxxx
December 26th, 2017, 08:41
when on holiday in Thailand I wear flip flps/jandals/havianas all day and night...too bloody hot for anything else