PDA

View Full Version : Those little idiosyncracies (sp) in life...

cdnmatt
November 26th, 2017, 19:48
These are the things I live for. Just those little idiosyncricies (sp) in life that are stupid, and only the two of you know about, so it's like a little something special that you share together.

These constantly change for me as the months tick by, but right now it's simply "bedtime!" said in a quick tone, when it's time to pull the dogs in at night. "bedtime!". :)

Stupid, but important. Anyone have any of their own to share?

joe552
November 26th, 2017, 20:38
Do you it to Leo or the dogs?

Manforallseasons
November 26th, 2017, 20:52
Do you it to Leo or the dogs?

Joe your allergy?

cdnmatt
November 26th, 2017, 20:54
Yes Joe, I tell my 23yo husband "bedtime" every night, when I need to pull him into the house for the night. Otherwise my husband will start barking at 2am and wake up all the neighbors because he seen a cat.

You bet...

joe552
November 26th, 2017, 22:07
Ideosyncrasies. you/re welcome

scottish-guy
November 26th, 2017, 23:09
What about people who announce they are going to the toilet?

latintopxxx
November 27th, 2017, 01:41
..or even worse..announce they ae gonna cum...several times...as if Im matt and didnt hear it the 1st time...

scottish-guy
November 27th, 2017, 02:59
OMFG

Is Matt deaf/blind now?

We shall have to start calling him Helen Keller

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 03:08
SG that was brilliant

Dalewood
November 27th, 2017, 08:37
OMFG

Is Matt deaf/blind now?

We shall have to start calling him Helen Keller

Now that is a bit much.....

Smiles
November 27th, 2017, 08:51
Yes Joe, I tell my 23yo husband "bedtime" every night, when I need to pull him into the house for the night. Otherwise my husband will start barking at 2am and wake up all the neighbors because he seen a cat.
You bet...Using the word "husband" twice in a very short post is so so twee. You just want everyone to stop saying "boyfriend" ... which essentially what he is. And why mention his age every second post, as if no one knows already?

What's the process here? Do you yell down the hall like a banshee?: "HUSBAND!!! Out of the water closet and get thee to bed"

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 08:57
Ok 60yo children, settle down, and back on topic... Here's another one.

I'm assuming I'm just torturing the Thai language, but he finds it cute when I say "jang leeuy", and it happens all the time. For example, I'll say something is "kem" (salty), and he'll ask, "is it kem mak mak or kem jang leeuy?" (is it very salt, or salt too much?). Stupid, I know, but it's one of our little things that we get a giggle out of.

Then there's always just the one-off things. For example, out grocery shopping a couple weeks back, and were loading up on various types of pasta. My arms were full, so I decided to put the pasta in my cart. Next thing I know there's Leo's voice, "honey, that's not our cart, our cart is over here".

heh, just walk up to some random strangers in a grocery store, "here, have some pasta". :) Thankfully, I guess the ladies took it in jest, and found the humor in it too, as I guess they were checkling same as was I.

Again, it's the small things that make life worth livings. Share some of yours.

PS. If you can't tell, yes, Leo is back in Laos right now, so just me and the dogs, hence this post. Good being apart once in a while though -- makes you think how much you mean to each other.

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 09:13
Using the word "husband" twice in a very short post is so so twee. You just want everyone to stop saying "boyfriend" ... which essentially what he is. And why mention his age every second post, as if no one knows already?

What's the process here? Do you yell down the hall like a banshee?: "HUSBAND!!! Out of the water closet and get thee to bed"

Settle down Smiles, or you'll be getting a ruler across the knuckles soon. :)

The age reference was simply to drive home the point he's a fully grown man, hence I'm quite confident doesn't need to be told when it's bed time.

My dogs do though. It's easy, just stand at the front door and say "bed time!" quickly. Within seconds there's a couple little bodies running inside, because they know what happens if they disobey. They get quite sad and scared if they're locked out for a few hours, so hurry their asses inside when I say "bed time!". I have excellent dogs. :)

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 09:32
Ahhhh!!! He's coming back today.

Well fuck, that was quick. I think it was only 3 or 4 days this time. Winter time, so very cold now I guess. You know, it gets down to like +14C and stuff at night. Much too cold.

And he wants to play in the snow. Holy shit, am I ever going to love it when I get to throw him outside in Alberta in mid-Jan when it's -36C with a wind chill of of -48C. "there's the snow honey, have fun!:". :)

neddy3
November 27th, 2017, 10:44
Seems like a prolonged spell in KK addled the brain.
Maybe it's the water.

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 10:48
Indeed Matt, are you ever?

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 11:17
Seems like a prolonged spell in KK addled the brain.
Maybe it's the water.

Nice one-liner. Why not try an intelligent rebuttal instead of just making yourself look like an idiot?

neddy3
November 27th, 2017, 11:22
I don't think that I did make myself look like an idiot.
That's your call.
You, however, .....

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 11:27
I don't think that I did make myself look like an idiot.
That's your call.
You, however, .....

Oh no, I've been watching your posts over the past while. I think you've done an outstanding job of making yourself look like a cynical ass.

My apologies for being happy in life. I've contemplated suicide more than enough in the past year to last a lifetime, so I think I deserve it.

My apologies again though. Going forward in the future, I'll do my utmost to be a cynical jackass such as yourself. You're my new role model.

frequent
November 27th, 2017, 11:52
Using the word "husband" twice in a very short post is so so twee. You just want everyone to stop saying "boyfriend" ... which essentially what he is. And why mention his age every second post, as if no one knows already?"catamite", Smiles, "catamite"

I've contemplated suicide more than enough in the past year What's that Thai saying? "You think too much". In your case stop thinking. Act!

frequent
November 27th, 2017, 12:01
... instead of just making yourself look like an idiot?He's emulating you

francois
November 27th, 2017, 12:06
Try not to get upset Matt, once Joe meets you and reports back then all of us doubters will be at your mercy.

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 12:12
blah, blah, blah....

I'm going to go try to get some roses again, and give it another good ole college try. Managed to get myself a haircut on my own, but the roses were a miserable failure.

Now it's stuck in my mind though, so fuck it, one way or another, I'm getting fucken roses. Geez, is being blind ever a pain in the ass at times. This would be much easier if I could just walk down to the market by myself, and buy my own roseses.

Let's give this another try though...

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 12:18
Fascinating

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 12:22
No, not fascinating at all. Just my life. All I want is 500 baht worth of roses to greet my honey with, because after all the bullshit we've been through, we're finally on an upswing in life.

Unfortunately, I can't just walk to the market by myself to buy them, and that type of thing is difficult to get used to. Hang on, I'll see if I can cut through the language barrier, and get my point across to one of the locals in the area.

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 12:28
A lot of people have what's called an "internal monologue". The key word being internal.

I've just run out of cigarette papers. I think I'll go and buy some. No wait, the store doesn't open till 8, and it's only 6.30. See how interesting it is?

scottish-guy
November 27th, 2017, 12:36
Gasping for a fag dear?

(Or just a cigarette?)

:p

Smiles
November 27th, 2017, 12:36
Oh no, I've been watching your posts over the past while. I think you've done an outstanding job of making yourself look like a cynical ass.
My apologies for being happy in life. I've contemplated suicide more than enough in the past year to last a lifetime, so I think I deserve it.
My apologies again though. Going forward in the future, I'll do my utmost to be a cynical jackass such as yourself. You're my new role model.
That sir is one of the weakest and most witless ripostes I've read on this Board in many a moon. You really must try harder regarding this aspect of serial-postings on the Board.
Crush your enemies to a pulp for pete sake, don't just make them laugh.

On the other hand, I think I will go along with Joe's theory of 'The Internal Monologue' and just jack off. Right now!

(NOTED: I assume there is no point in adding a 'smiley' or two to any retorts made to Cndmatt?)

a447
November 27th, 2017, 13:27
My apologies for being happy in life.

You didn't appear happy in the photo. On the contrary,....

I've contemplated suicide more than enough in the past year]

Since you started telling us all your stories, many of us feel the same!

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 13:28
Fuck it...

Joe, you have my e-mail and phone#'s. I'll still make good on our meet if you end up here.

The rest of you can fuck off.

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 13:32
Have your email, but not sure about phone numbers.

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 13:34
Fuck Joe, you're being old again. Check your e-mail, I gave you both, my home and work numbers.

E-mail me again if you can't find them.

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 13:43
will do

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 14:15
Do you think we upset him?

frequent
November 27th, 2017, 14:24
(NOTED: I assume there is no point in adding a 'smiley' or two to any retorts made to Cndmatt?)On the contrary, you are not simply having a dialogue with him, else you could just have a sidebar conversation via PM. The smileys not only would be for us but also serve a double purpose, being invisible to Matt

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 14:27
You'll be relieved to know I got my cigarette papers, and am now smoking away like a Puffin Billy (or a pouf in Billy, if you prefer).

scottish-guy
November 27th, 2017, 14:36
Good old Billy - what a sport he is

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 16:36
Do you think we upset him?

Just a bad day for a blind guy. I don't get them often these days, but they do crop up once in a while.

All I wanted to do was buy some flowers, and I can't. I'm capable of running a quality online business, but can't buy some flowers from the local market, or fill out a form. Do you have any idea how frustrating this can get?

I know, I know... I'm just a liar making up stories.

I don't give a fuck. It's 5:30pm, so my husband should be here within a couple hours, meaning I'm getting a hug soon. So you guys can kindly fuck off. :)

scottish-guy
November 27th, 2017, 17:02
.. you guys can kindly fuck off..

Allegedly there's a Moderator's job becoming vacant on 1st Jan - you seem to have exactly the desired attitude!

:D

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 17:53
Allegedly there's a Moderator's job becoming vacant on 1st Jan - you seem to have exactly the desired attitude!

:D

No thanks, I'm back to being happy again. Hug achieved. :)

arsenal
November 27th, 2017, 18:58
Gorbals Jock gets it. At last.

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 19:22
Well that has to be the shortest ever flounce out in the history of gaydom.

Matt, I'm sending you an email.

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 19:39
What? I had a bad day. It happens. I'm sorry I took it out on the board, but Leo wasn't here, and my dogs aren't very good conversationalists. They are good at giving hugs though. :)

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 19:48
Eewwww

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 19:58
Oh fuck, I don't do anything improper with my dogs, Joe. What the fuck is wrong with people these days? Always jumping to the worst possible conclusion with no basis in reality.

All I need to do is sit down on the front step of my house, my dogs will instantly pick up on the vibe that I'm sad / distraught, and run over and put their heads into my chest to try and cheer me up. In turn, they get petted and told they're loved too. It's their way of telling me they love me, and to not be sad.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 20:07
Ask Leo to buy you a sense of fucking humour in the market

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 20:20
No! Maybe I can ask him to buy some roses, so I can give them to him as a welcome home present though.

I think that ship has sailed though.... :)

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 20:30
You know what Matt? I was going to put this in an email, keep it private, kind of thing. But your childish behaviour today led me to ask, why the fuck would I give up part of my too short holiday to go see someone I don't believe exists, at least how he portrays himself here.

I believed you when you were describing your life in Pattaya with Kim. Since then, every week has brought a more outlandish claim than the last. So I don't believe you are a genuine person. And I never intended to go to KK to "meet" you.

How do you like them apples?

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 20:53
Then don't come. One less thing for me to worry about in life. *shrug*

I really don't care either way.

I was hoping you'd come for the meet to get everyone on the board off my back. Plus from your posts it sounds as though you're pretty down in the dumps right now in life, so I was empathetic to that, and wanted to hopefully give you a glimpse of happiness.

But no, if you want to change your mind and not come, then don't come. Would actually be easier on my life. Up to you.

francois
November 27th, 2017, 20:55
Oh no, say it ain't so Joe!

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 21:00
PS. You do know that you're the one who initiated this, right? I didn't ask to meet you. You're the one who asked if you came to Khon Kaen, would I be willing to meet. I agreed.

If you want to break the meet, then no problem, and makes my life easier. However, you no longer have any credibility to call me a liar or fake though.

cdnmatt
November 27th, 2017, 21:04
PPS. Joe, do you know what you just did?

inb4 the old cynical assholes claw out from underneath the stairs, and begin complaining that we're the same person just putting on a ruse. Fuck me...

scottish-guy
November 27th, 2017, 22:38
Gorbals Jock gets it. At last.

Still maintaining you're giving up your moderation role on 31st December are you?

£50 to charity says you won't.

Terms and conditions apply.

arsenal
November 27th, 2017, 23:17
What terms and conditions?

gerefan2
November 28th, 2017, 00:15
Talking about little idiosyncrasies I see Miss Universe is on the TV right now.
Bearing in mind that Miss World was on a few weeks ago and presumably the contestants in that event came from this World, where do the contestants for Miss Universe come from?

scottish-guy
November 28th, 2017, 00:38
What terms and conditions?

Quite simple:

1. You don't sneak off one moment and reinstate yourself the next - there's a minimum of a year out

2. The £50 is paid to a Thai charity chosen by and the donation reported on by ChristianPFC - whom I will obviously put into funds. I haven't discussed this with him but I'm hopeful he'd accept.

So the conditions are hardly onerous, right?

After all, it's yourself who announced you were going on 31/12/17 - I'm only challenging you to actually carry it out.

I believe your huge and now unfettered ego will prevail and you'll renege on your promise - and I'm willing to put some money where my mouth is.

The question is - will you accept the challenge?

arsenal
November 28th, 2017, 01:50
An interesting offer from Gorbals Jock. The matter is under contemplation. But whatever happens regarding moderators is nothing to do with you. As a non-paying guest here you get what you're given. As does NIrish and of course, myself.

scottish-guy
November 28th, 2017, 03:28
I never said the moderation personnel was anything to do with me - what I'm interested in is whether you have the balls to stand by your own statement at the time - or whether you're going to slither out of it.

Do let us all know what you intend to do - the suspense is tangible

cdnmatt
November 28th, 2017, 04:54
Now that I've had some sleep, I'll just leave this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg

And I'd also like to apologize to the SGT membership for yesterday. I shouldn't have done that, and that was uncalled for. I won't apologize for having a bad day, but I will apologize for taking it out on the membership here. I should have waited for Leo to show up, as that's what I have a husband for.

I think that's the one and only time I've done it though, as I've been VERY careful about that, and have done my best to project a happy, worry free version of me outwardly. I have my home and work life down pat, but quite obviously still have rough days while coming to terms with and accepting the loss of my independence. Not much I can do about that though except either fiture it out, or commit suicide, and I'm not allowed to die because Leo and my dogs need me, and more than likely, so do a couple kids in that village. I'm not allowed to snuff myself out, so I just buck up, and continue on with a new day. :)

Again, I do apologize for my words yesterday. As I've said many times, words matter so be careful with them, and obviously I screwed that up yesterday.

PS. Joe, if you're going to pull a stunt like that, then don't even bother. That way I don't have to worry about taking care of you, and instead can just concentrate on getting us to Vientiane so I can visit with my newphew again after way too many years, and also meet those kids for the first time. Just stay in Pattaya with the hookers, and have fun.

joe552
November 28th, 2017, 05:16
Matt, I was really hoping I wouldn't be the first to comment, but here we go.

Your video choice? I think many of us might in our lives have had a bad day. I come to this board to get away from my bad day, not make it worse. Which is patently what happened today (or yesterday, as you're reading this in KK - it's called benefit of the doubt). But that song? Pullease. Sorry I'm not North Murican, so can't spell that properly.

You don't actually say what it is you shouldn't have done. "I shouldn't have done that" Done what? What are you apologising for, exactly?

Matt, in one of your quieter moments, when you're not hugging your dogs or your still going through puberty 'husband' of 23, consider why do you stay here on the board? I'm sure that if most of the guys here didn't believe what I'm writing, I'd just walk away. I sure couldn't deal with the negativity you attract.

If your tales are real, and you move to Laos with Leo and the dogs, and adopt the cousins, they I wish you all the luck in the world, 'cos you'll need it.

The operative word in that sentence being "If"

cdnmatt
November 28th, 2017, 05:27
Don't worry Joe, once I get us to Vientiane, I'm quite confident I'll be far too busy to be an active member here.

Brad the Impala
November 28th, 2017, 05:55
The matter is under contemplation..

What's to contemplate? You've written repeatedly that you only accepted the position on the basis that you would quit on 31/12. Or is that not true?

scottish-guy
November 29th, 2017, 23:05
Gentle readers are respectfully advised that the silence they can "hear" is that of Len's bluff being called

arsenal
November 30th, 2017, 00:24
:yahoo_mini:

scottish-guy
November 30th, 2017, 02:54
Glad you think being caught out is worthy of celebration - but each to his own

joe552
November 30th, 2017, 03:32
An emoji is less trouble than an actual response

arsenal
November 30th, 2017, 07:29
:music_mini:

scottish-guy
November 30th, 2017, 07:34
So when are you going to admit you lied?

cdnmatt
November 30th, 2017, 07:38
Personally, I don't mind arsenal being in the mod role, although I know the two of you have a bit of a tir-for-tat going.

a447 being in that role though I can't say thrills me very much.

Smiles
November 30th, 2017, 07:41
Don't worry Joe, once I get us to Vientiane, I'm quite confident I'll be far too busy to be an active member here.55555!! You're a professional message board whore from way back ( as I am). "Too busy" my professional ass.

scottish-guy
November 30th, 2017, 15:23
.. "Too busy" my professional ass.

The way I heard it your ass is just an enthusiastic amateur

:p

scottish-guy
November 30th, 2017, 15:24
Personally, I don't mind arsenal being in the mod role..

You've missed the entire issue Matt - as Brad said, he repeatedly told anybody who would listen he would quit on 31/12. I have repeatedly predicted he wouldn't.

It's not a matter of modding or not modding now, it's a matter of whether he was telling the truth or deliberately lying.

arsenal
November 30th, 2017, 15:35
:boredom: