PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants near BT and Sunee

gerefan2
November 26th, 2017, 09:20
I’m getting fed up eating in the same places so would appreciate any suggestions apart from these that I use regularly...

Lewinski Hotel
Ambiance
Tin Chairs on 2nd road near A Bomb
Sanong Restaurant near Yensabai
Bruno’s
Cucumber
Small Thai restaurant South Road opposite Holllywood
Cuisine au Beurre
Bordeaux

arsenal
November 26th, 2017, 09:24
I know it's not near either but L'Olivier in Jomtien has always been very good. Their buffet is generously appointed with an excellent selection of pate's and cured meats.

neddy3
November 26th, 2017, 11:28
Cucumber is not open any more. Very disappointing as it was a good standby.

Near Lewinski is Cafe Fellini which is ok.

francois
November 26th, 2017, 11:55
Some of my favorites:

La Petite Planet (near Cuisine Au Beurre)
Guilo & Nan (now Fantasia) near Soi 15 and Second Rd.
Various Indian restaurants, including Indigo, on Second Rd in vicinity of Boyztown.
Yamato Japanese Restaurant on Soi Yamato near Royal Garden, Second Road.
Verin aka Rin Kitchen on Soi 9 off Thappraya Rd
Enjoy Andre on Soi 6 off Thappraya Rd
Mike Mexican on Soi 5 off of Thappraya Rd.
French Garden on unnamed soi between Soi 7 & 9 off of Thappraya Rd.
Cafe Royal in Boyztown.

joe552
November 26th, 2017, 17:00
Sorry to hear Cucumber is closed - I was planning to go at least once. Where is the Lewinski Hotel, and does it offer the same service as Monica?

Smiles
November 26th, 2017, 17:06
Lewinski Hotel (???)
I assume you have carefully checked out the cloth napkins for signs of suspicious stains.

Cheers,

"Bill"

joe552
November 26th, 2017, 17:18
Sorry I must have misread that. It's only a restaurant? But where?

arsenal
November 26th, 2017, 18:22
And a little off topic but at 99 baht, the full English breakfast at Deli Diner remains incredible value for money.

joe552
November 26th, 2017, 18:28
I'm not complaining (much) but would it be possible to give a location for these places, to help out those of us who may not be frequent visitors?

Thanks.

arsenal
November 26th, 2017, 19:01
And gerefan2, if you don't mind a bit of a journey then Siam Country Club (Plantation) offers very reasonably priced food and excellent service in a stunning setting with views across to Patyaya and beyond.

colmx
November 26th, 2017, 20:00
Pattaya Beer Garden at the BT end of Walking St. does decent food in an unfussy environment
Get there before sunset for a decent table with views

joe552
November 26th, 2017, 21:16
I've eaten in the Beer Garden a couple times at night, and really like it.

francois
November 26th, 2017, 23:41
I'm not complaining (much) but would it be possible to give a location for these places, to help out those of us who may not be frequent visitors?

Thanks.

Lewinsky is nearby Boyztown, Pattaya 13. The bar serves blowjobs if asked.

francois
November 27th, 2017, 11:34

Thanks.

You can google the name of the restaurants listed and find the locations in most instances.

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 11:38
true francois, hadn't thought of that

pennyboy
November 27th, 2017, 14:25
I had roast lamb dinner at Palmers Soi 13/4 yesterday and it was very good. Available along with beef ,pork or chicken on Sundays. Sadly the cashier of a few years ago is no longer to be seen.

gerefan2
November 27th, 2017, 14:40

You cannot be very fussy then......

francois
November 27th, 2017, 17:09
A Blow Job is a shooter mixed drink made by slowly pouring Baileys Irish Cream and Kahlúa and Amaretto and topping with whipped cream without mixing. The shot is traditionally lifted with the mouth and drunk with hands behind the back. Wikipedia

gerefan2
November 27th, 2017, 18:00
Top Definition. Blowjob. When us young ladies put our mouth's on a guys cock and suck repeatedly until they reach orgasm. Giving a blowjob should not be looked upon as a chore, but as a pleasurable ....
Urban Dictionary

joe552
November 27th, 2017, 19:51
Very few of us are young, and even fewer are ladies.

FarangRuMak
November 28th, 2017, 22:27
Cafe Ole in Sunnee near Good Boys is very good and very reasonable.
PS There are nice short time rooms upstairs @300 baht where you can finish with creamy dessert if you feel the urge.
Mr Zee at Salt and Pepper (opposite Bordeaux) does great food at low prices and he's an interesting guy.
There are nice restaurants on Tuk Com ground floor. One new coffee shop/deli has opened at the side door Kasikorn Bank side. Very tasty fare if slightly over priced.
By the way John, of John's Cafe, Jomtien, was to open the new RITZI almost next door on the 27th.

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 01:45
I often ate at Mr. Zee's (though I didn't know the name) when I was staying in Mosaik. Good food indeed, at a good price.

christianpfc
November 29th, 2017, 08:58
Casa Pascal, their brunch buffet (220 THB ?) is good, I went there several times with a Farang friend.
I have been to all (?) Italian restaurants around Boystown for dinner (pizza or pasta) and they are all comparable.

FarangRuMak
November 29th, 2017, 12:24
I often ate at Mr. Zee's (though I didn't know the name) when I was staying in Mosaik. Good food indeed, at a good price.

He's still there.
Make sure you pay him a visit.
His prices are very low and his food is excellent.
He's a smart guy, is very well educated and speaks perfect English.
He can keep prices low because he and his Thai wife own the building.

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 12:32
FRM I will certainly eat there again. I've only ever had superficial chat with the owner, but he's an attentive host, and we agree the food is very good.

poshglasgow
December 1st, 2017, 21:56
I assume you have carefully checked out the cloth napkins for signs of suspicious stains.

Cheers,

"Bill"

I understand that the dress of said lady was analysed and it was found to be stained with soup......cock-a-leekie!!!

Nirish guy
December 1st, 2017, 23:48
I've only ever had superficial chat with the owner.

Lets face it is there ever really any other sort of chat between Farang in Pattaya.....

joe552
December 2nd, 2017, 00:27
I rarely chat to other farang on my holidays. In this case, NIrish, we were referring to a restaurant owner.

poshglasgow
December 2nd, 2017, 00:37
I have often sat and had a pre-dinner beer in the Irish place (The Sin Bin) across from Lewinsky's and watched the coming and going of customers frequenting that and the Casa Fellini (which is almost next door. I have tried CF and it was good). It seems to me that Lewinsky's is favoured by golfers as groups of them come and go by minibus. It's always busy food-wise and that tells you something.

I favour the Le Bordeaux and I am hoping that the two French guys have retained ownership. Bruno's is good too (especially the T-bone steaks).

And you know what? Let's not forget the ubiquitous Sizzler in the shopping malls. Cheap and cheerful, particularly if you fancy some ribs and a salad if you are not in the mood for fancy dining. I quite like the soup and salad bar at lunchtime.

Petite Planete (side of Tuk Com) is very reasonable too with changing menu and dishes of the day etc.

For Chinese I recommend the Nam Sing (can be very noisy with groups of Koreans and Chinese who favour the place too) on 2nd street just before the Royal Garden, or the Huang Chao at the Royal Cliff (excellent but pricey and the service can be too OTT. On one occasion in the past I had three waiters circling my table like sharks looking for an opportunity to serve more rice, top up beer etc.

poshglasgow
December 2nd, 2017, 00:42

So, they're a ladies' hairdressers too? Remarkable. That is what ladies have in these places, isn't it - a wash and blowjob??

a447
December 2nd, 2017, 08:00
One of my worst meals ever, anywhere, was at one of those restaurants mentioned by poshglasgow.

The main course - lobster - was the smallest I've ever seen. It had been thawed out and so was mushy and tasteless.

Dessent was supposed to be a chocolate soufflé but it turned out to be a stale chocolate muffin served with a dollop of cream and surrounded by "artistic" splotches of raspberry sauce. Yuk!

It just goes to show that restaurant reviews are often too personal to be is any real use - a bit like describing guys as being handsome, I guess.

Mind you, it was a while ago so maybe they have lifted their game.

frequent
December 2nd, 2017, 08:05
“The main course - lobster - “

I’ve always thought crabs to be the biggest danger in Pattaya

arsenal
December 4th, 2017, 22:13
When Neal owned this board he would often go to war with restaurants as well as people. He went loopy at Bordeaux because his Chateaubriand wasn't served correctly and also launched an attack on Monty over some soup. He was a character though and I have to say, always very pleasant to me both here and in his bar. As were his boys for that matter.

joe552
December 4th, 2017, 22:41
I only went to his bar once. He wasn't there. The music was far too loud, so I had one drink and left.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 01:53
I went a few times (in disguise of course) and the last time I visited I swear one of the boys on stage was the double of of Stan Laurel :D

I posted about it at the time (March 2011) and told him he was missing a trick as all he had to do was dress up as Oliver Hardy (which wouldn't be difficult) and they'd have the best novelty act in BT.

He wasn't amused.

:D

arsenal
December 5th, 2017, 04:59
We'd sit outside chatting while I'd drink my beer as he usually are some huge meal. We talked about Pattaya and he loved to gossip about the board members. Then he'd send me pms with updates.

FarangRuMak
December 5th, 2017, 05:12
When Neal owned this board he would often go to war with restaurants as well as people. He went loopy at Bordeaux because his Chateaubriand wasn't served correctly and also launched an attack on Monty over some soup. He was a character though and I have to say, always very pleasant to me both here and in his bar. As were his boys for that matter.
In fairness he had a point with regards to Monty's soup.
Though it looked good, smelled good and tasted unique it would have killed the "five thousand not counting women an children" had Monty turned up with it to that biblical gathering.

arsenal
December 5th, 2017, 06:10
Perhaps Monty's soup was an assassination attempt. With the exception of Surfcrest, those who crossed Neal always ended up the loser.

newalaan2
December 5th, 2017, 06:43
I had roast lamb dinner at Palmers Soi 13/4 yesterday and it was very good. Available along with beef ,pork or chicken on Sundays. Sadly the cashier of a few years ago is no longer to be seen.

I mostly eat Thai food even on the Pattaya leg of our Thailand visit (and even after the Issan rice, rice and rice visit) as bf enjoys cooking, knows what I don't like and manages plenty of variety....but I still crave western food 2-3 times a week either as breakfast or evening meal. Palmers in it's old building used to be my go-to for the cravings, but since I discovered Deli Diner close to Mosaik I don't really bother going anywhere else now for western fare. As 'arsenal' says the food is always delicious and (although not a reason in itself to return) is very reasonably priced. The breakfast is a good example where the food is actually under priced for what you get in my opinion, but I realise they are just matching the competition. It's actually too much for me and I just take a couple items off the main breakfast menu, which are also very reasonable. Even though I don't eat there every day, I do have their coffee virtually every day as the Americano served is perfect for my taste.

So in between BT and Sunee I'm with 'aresenal' on Deli Diner as a recommendation.

scottish-guy
December 5th, 2017, 07:05
Perhaps Monty's soup was an assassination attempt. With the exception of Surfcrest, those who crossed Neal always ended up the loser.

Really?

I "crossed him" enough to have legal threats, threats of bodily harm, threats of arrest at the Airport, and death threats.

Despite this, (and as far as I'm aware) I'm alive and he's dead, so I seem to have won that one.

:dirol_mini:

Smiles
December 5th, 2017, 08:51
I mostly eat Thai food even on the Pattaya leg of our Thailand visit (and even after the Issan rice, rice and rice) ... "Isaan ain't the only area where Rice Rules.
We once stopped at a charming little Hotel in Lol Buri [edit: Lopburi] for the night, having seen just about enough bloody monkeys for a life time. For a place which was immaculately clean, a large room, a swimming pool and breakfast included for 400 baht I thought some sort of jackpot had been breached!
Had a nice walk down a river, an excellent dinner across the road in a funky little restaurant, a little bit of spanking the monkey here and there (the bedroom was a great for such nonsense... one could move about with acrobatic ease) before hitting the hay.

Next morning a large room off to the right contained the breakfast buffet and we headed for the table in the middle of the room upon which was displayed five or six gleeming covered pots ... the kind which open upwards and which I love opening them slowly in order to be greeted with the delish inside, loving surprises.

~ First cover opened: steamed rice. OK that's cool, a normal Thai side dish to accompany the Full Monty.
~ Second cover opened: fried rice. OK I like fried rice, every so often. I especially enjoy fried chicken mixed in. In this one, just rice.
~ Third cover opened: rice soup. OK I do like rice soup when it has numerous vegetables and some pork ribs swimming. But this version was rice in hot water.
~ Forth cover opened: little individual plastic bags of sticky rice. This one was new to me as normally sticky rice is accompanied by Som Tum or BBQ'ed chicken drum sticks. And includes a few different types of sauces. Here ... nada.
~ Fifth and final cover opened: steamed rice. We had come full circle ... I felt like I was in Ulysses with James Joyce being the chef.

There was, to be honest, a tiny cheap toaster sitting beside a coffee machine dripping luke warm coffee.
I ended up having coffee and fried rice on toast.

frequent
December 5th, 2017, 13:50
With the exception of Surfcrest, those who crossed Neal always ended up the loser.Really? I thought my spoof blog "Fat Boy Sawatdee" was rather good. Neal blustered about legal action but Wordpress just laughed in his face (although they did take the blog down) so I don't consider that I ended up the loser

a447
December 5th, 2017, 14:04
Rice rules, ok?

I only ever eat Asian food - apart from the odd slice of bread with Vegemite - so I eat rice every day.

Although I like Thai jasmine rice, the Japanese "koshihikari" or 'sasanishiki " rice is the most delicious, in my humble, albeit biased, opinion.

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 14:24
a447, The Rice Queen diaries ring any bells?

francois
December 5th, 2017, 14:48
Rice rules, ok?

I only ever eat Asian food - apart from the odd slice of bread with Vegemite - so I eat rice every day.

You mean when in Thailand or also in Australia?

a447
December 5th, 2017, 14:50
One thing I found very weird on returning to Australia is the fact that Aussies eat rice pudding!

Steamed rice and sugar!

OMG!

frequent
December 5th, 2017, 14:54
One thing I found very weird on returning to Australia is the fact that Aussies eat rice pudding! http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/25386/good-old-fashioned-baked-rice-pudding.aspx Yum, yum

a447
December 5th, 2017, 14:55
You mean when in Thailand or also in Australia?

Everywhere - here and overseas (except France) - unless we go out to a restaurant and it is someone else's turn to choose.

When in Germany I head straight for the local Vietnamese or Chinese restaurant.

Nowhere in Europe does decent Japanese.

Fuji in Thailand is pretty good.

snotface
December 5th, 2017, 14:56
Isaan ain't the only area where Rice Rules.
We once stopped at a charming little Hotel in Lol Buri for the night, having seen just about enough bloody monkeys for a life time.

From the monkey reference I'm assuming we're talking about Lopburi. I'm reminded of a stay there a few years ago. I doubt whether it was the same hotel because the breakfast fare, though somewhat sparse, consisted of more than just rice variously cooked. It was mainly Asian food as befitted a Thai provincial hotel but I was relieved to note that at least they had fried eggs on a hotplate. There were also those sickly pink truncated chipolata thingies but I don't count them as food (well, okay, if I was literally starving I might eat them in marginal preference to cockroaches). So I took a couple of fried eggs and a cup of very weak tea to my table. Very quickly I realised that the eggs were stone bonking cold. Now take my word for it, stone cold fried eggs do not set you up for the vicissitudes of the day ahead. They don't, they really don't. They just lie there all rubbery, dismally challenging you to try to eat them. Actually, on looking round the room, I noticed that the Asian guests who weren't slurping rice soup seemed to be tucking into their fried eggs quite happily. Perhaps it's a cultural thing. Anyway one bite was quite enough for me. I think I may have found some tasteless white bread to toast and break my fast with.

On the way out I mentioned to the friendly dining-room manager that the eggs were cold. I said it in as neutral tone as I could manage but a fellow Englishman might have detected the merest hint of criticism. The manager thought I was being complimentary. With a big smile he said, 'Yes, we make them last night!'

a447
December 5th, 2017, 14:57
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/25386/good-old-fashioned-baked-rice-pudding.aspx Yum, yum

That's the one! Baked rice pudding.

I should have guessed it was English.

frequent
December 5th, 2017, 15:04
I found Smiles' monkey references very confusing:
"having seen just about enough bloody monkeys for a life time"
"a little bit of spanking the monkey here and there (the bedroom was a great for such nonsense... "

Is Smiles an aficionado of bestiality with monkeys?

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 15:14
frequent, I'll wager you've spanked a few monkeys in your time, but I'll let Smiles explain the reference.

While I think of it, should the past tense of spanked not be spunked, in this context?

snotface
December 5th, 2017, 15:16
One thing I found very weird on returning to Australia is the fact that Aussies eat rice pudding!

Steamed rice and sugar!

OMG!

Growing up in England in a working-class family many years ago I thought rice pudding - delicious with a bit of strawberry jam on top by the way - was the only form of rice to be had. I had quite a shock when I first realised that you could have combinations like chicken and rice (but won't that make the chicken all soggy, I thought...)

frequent
December 5th, 2017, 15:18
While I think of it, should the past tense of spanked not be spunked, in this context?If you're going down that path with spank and spanked ending up at spunked, where to you go with fuck and fucked?

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 16:15
frequent, you should know by now that I may have been fucked about in my time, and fucked in the arse (twice) but I don't fucking care. Hope that clarifies the matter.

Smiles
December 5th, 2017, 20:37
Is Smiles an aficionado of bestiality with monkeys?You bet!

joe552
December 5th, 2017, 21:39
You're a big old gorilla, Smiles.

Brad the Impala
December 5th, 2017, 22:39
Nowhere in Europe does decent Japanese.

Fuji in Thailand is pretty good.

Agree on Fuji. It's a regular favourite when in Thailand.

How many Japanese restaurants have you sampled in Europe?

Brad the Impala
December 5th, 2017, 22:45
From the monkey reference I'm assuming we're talking about Lopburi.

I expect that you are right, however amongst all the towns whose name ends in "...buri" I would like to believe that a Lolburi exists. It sounds like it would be a fun place to visit.

frequent
December 6th, 2017, 11:51
frequent, you should know by now that I may have been fucked about in my time, and fucked in the arse (twice) but I don't fucking care. Hope that clarifies the matter.Very apposite

Smiles
December 6th, 2017, 15:04
I expect that you are right, however amongst all the towns whose name ends in "...buri" I would like to believe that a Lolburi exists. It sounds like it would be a fun place to visit.Sorry Brad, but it does not exist ... in Thailand that is.
My mistake on not proof-reading. Lop Buri is indeed the monkey heaven I was writing about.
Fair warning, BBKguy will accuse me of creating a conspiracy on this, my second fuck-up along these lines in a month.

frequent
December 6th, 2017, 15:09
Lop Buri is indeed the monkey heaven I was writing about.
Fair warning, BBKguy will accuse me of creating a conspiracy on this, my second fuck-up along these lines in a month.Perhaps we could rename Pattaya "Boyburi"

gerefan2
December 6th, 2017, 15:28
Boomboomburi rolls off the tongue...

bkkguy
December 6th, 2017, 17:50
Boomboomburi rolls off the tongue...

I am sure the tops would prefer Buri RAM

and Smiles you are obviously trying to create a conspiracy on this, your second fuck-up along these lines in a month ... sorry didn't want to disappoint

bkkguy