PDA

View Full Version : Copying songs

joe552
November 25th, 2017, 11:17
I listen to my music on Spotify. The songs I post here I take from Youtube. Is there a way to copy from Spotify?

Nirish guy
November 25th, 2017, 18:50
Simple answer from me - no you can't do what you're trying to do. you can only save music into your own ( or a shared) library for listening to later on or off line, but you can't "save and export / send" to other people.

From Google...
"Spotify is not designed to download Music in MP3 or WMP Format. What you can do is activate the "Offline Mode". This will download the songs in a proprietary format which you can play back with your Smartphone, PC/Mac or iPod Touch using the Spotify Application. You can however not extract songs into other formats."

Nirish guy
November 25th, 2017, 18:55
Ignore this Joe this is me just testing the above theory to be sure there's no way round it as I've tried to do the same myself a few times without success too.

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Atrack%3A7Hz6LLOVxrojLPIHJJ1S0E" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

https://open.spotify.com/track/7Hz6LLOVxrojLPIHJJ1S0E

spotify:track:7Hz6LLOVxrojLPIHJJ1S0E

Nirish guy
November 25th, 2017, 18:57
Ahhh try clicking on that second live link there Joe - I think as you use spotify it may let you open it, but intertesting to see if it will let someone who hasn't got spotify open that too then ? But I'm guessing it just posts a link to a web page to allow you to share that way whilst not actually getting to save the track, but for your purposes here i.e sharing to the board that just might suit you ok?

If so just right click on the track you wish to share, click on "copy song link" and paste same here in the body of your message as normal.

Perhaps a non spotify user could confirm same please as to what they can see / hear when using the above link/s

Thanks

joe552
November 25th, 2017, 21:12
I got Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I'll try your suggestions later. Thanks

scottish-guy
November 26th, 2017, 15:52
Don't try his suggestion involving the ketchup bottle - I ended up in A&E