PDA

View Full Version : qatar flies to pattaya

aot871
November 22nd, 2017, 01:32
Not sure if its been posted on here , but wef from jan Qatar are going to fly direct to pattaya 4 times aweek

scottish-guy
November 22nd, 2017, 02:11
As a certain poster will tell you I have never visited Thailand (or not for 20/15/10/5yrs depending on how he feels) - but I will be sure to check out the fares for the new destination as I flew with Qatar from Edinburgh to Saigon just in Aug/September and they were perfectly ok.

I once flew into U Tapao with Bangkok Airways from Chiang Mai (having never been in Thailand that was quite a feat as you can imagine) - from memory the journey distance to Pattaya was cut by about 2/3rds but the taxi fare certainly wasn't :p

joe552
November 22nd, 2017, 02:15
They fly from Dublin, so this would be worth investigating. Thanks for the information.

gerefan2
November 22nd, 2017, 03:22
- from memory the journey distance to Pattaya was cut by about 2/3rds but the taxi fare certainly wasn't :p

I too have flown into U Tapau many times and got a taxis back to Pattaya. About 35 minutes compared with 1.30 to Swampy. The other advantage is that you can be in and out in minutes as it is very quiet.

About the fare...I queried it with the Taxi companies and got the reply...”not same same”.
I assume they meant that they were unlikely to have a punter for the return journey. I just let it go.

One problem with that flight will be Russians. It is aimed at that market.

I’m sure you will get on just fine with them Scot, don’t they very similar interests?

scottish-guy
November 22nd, 2017, 06:24
....One problem with that flight will be Russians. It is aimed at that market....

Just one slight flaw in their marketing strategy then - they don't not appear to operate any flights from or to Russia.

:D

Unless their route map is wrong the nearest countries they fly to are Azerbaijan and Armenia (Baku and Yerevan)

aot871
November 22nd, 2017, 17:40
Just one slight flaw in their marketing strategy then - they don't not appear to operate any flights from or to Russia.

Unless their route map is wrong the nearest countries they fly to are Azerbaijan and Armenia (Baku and Yerevan)

HI Scottish ,, i just did a quick check on qatar webb site , and they fly from Moscow every day , so not sure where u looked , did not check st petersberg

scottish-guy
November 23rd, 2017, 06:12
Hi AOT

I looked at their route map (below) and I don't know if I overlooked it because they've run the word "Copenhagen" slightly into "Moscow" but I should still have noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out and apologies to Gerefan

Moses
November 23rd, 2017, 12:50

Qatar has up to 8 flights daily from Russia, and they have very aggressive marketing here: round trip Moscow - Bangkok cost only USD 400 - 420

Also they started advertising Moscow - Pattaya (U-Topao) and Sankt-Petersburg -Pattaya in Russia already: http://www.qatarairways.com/ru/ru/offers/travel-to-pattaya.page

From December 12 Qatar has flights to Chiang Mai from Moscow and S-Pb with price USD 390 for round trip

Full list of cities Thailand available for flight with Qatar from Russia:
- Bangkok
- Pattaya
- Phuket
- Chiang Mai
- Krabi

also they advertise Samui, Hat Yai, Lampang, Trat, Chiang Rai and Sukhotai in cooperation with Bangkok Airways
http://www.qatarairways.com/ru/ru/offers/travel-further-thailand.page

scottish-guy
November 24th, 2017, 14:55
OMFG - I already said sorry :D

Surprised Len hasn't edited or deleted (same thing remember) my post for being "untruthful"

joe552
November 24th, 2017, 15:44
As to the OP, I flew Qatar via Manchester, and found them equivalent to Etihad or Emirates. Only downside for me was Doha airport. Perhaps it's improved in recent times?

Moses
November 24th, 2017, 17:11
As to the OP, I flew Qatar via Manchester, and found them equivalent to Etihad or Emirates. Only downside for me was Doha airport. Perhaps it's improved in recent times?

Doha has 2 terminals: new and old... Old is terrible. New is OK, but few times when I was there it was very busy and aircons kept temperature about +17C, that wasn't comfortable for me.

scottish-guy
November 24th, 2017, 17:25
I must have been in the new Doha terminal last Aug/Sept - seemed OK to me

:drink:

joe552
November 24th, 2017, 17:35
Ah come on SG, as Minimee has repeatedly informed us (and he's an unimpeachable witness) you haven't been near an airport in the Middle East or Asia for years.

scottish-guy
November 24th, 2017, 17:41
Except I actually have met up with someone from this board, in Thailand, and within the last 14 months, so I guess I must have arrived on a boat?

joe552
November 24th, 2017, 17:53
Well you do realise that some here will be expecting photo confirmation (not me, I hasten to add).

gerefan2
November 26th, 2017, 09:09
I must have been in the new Doha terminal last Aug/Sept - seemed OK to me

:drink:.

Yes indeed it was opened about 2years ago....and that why Joe says he didn’t like it as he would have gone through the old one...All happy now?!!