PDA

View Full Version : Doe your nose sweat>

joe552
November 21st, 2017, 11:05
Ok, I'm going back too bed. Before I go, does your nose ever sweat? I sometimes have to wipe mine with a tissue.

cdnmatt
November 21st, 2017, 11:21
Sweat? No, but apparently I snore like a tranqualized elephant though. :)

joe552
November 21st, 2017, 12:08
Sounds very attractive Matt. I don't mean having a runny nose, like when you have a cold, but the outside of your nose sweating. I wear glasses, and when they start sliiding down my nose, I reach for the tissue. I know, First World problem.

cdnmatt
November 21st, 2017, 12:11
Well, I don't know. I guess sorry about your sweat problem.

I got my A/C cranked down to 18C, and that's simply because it's the lowest it will go. If I had my choice, I'd put it down to around 4C. That's the Canadian in me. :)

So no, no sweating problem on this end. :)

latintopxxx
November 21st, 2017, 12:14
eeeeewwwww....

scottish-guy
November 21st, 2017, 14:29
Sweaty nose?

It's the drink.

And the same goes for the fact it's red and bulbous !

:D

joe552
November 21st, 2017, 16:43
It's not red an bulbous. That's my cock

Yraen
November 22nd, 2017, 03:38
I got my A/C cranked down to 18C, and that's simply because it's the lowest it will go.

Matt, I am astounded that you do not understand that air from your aircon is delivered at a static temperature, regardless of how you set the controller.

The controller is really only a thermostat, switching on 'energy saving' when the room reaches the dialed-up temperature. If you separately measured the room temp I would be surprised if you got anywhere near 18C. What is mostly happening is the aircon is removing humidity/water vapour from the air and making you feel cooler.

If you select a more reasonable temp (say 25-26C) you will get the same result and save yourself electricity costs (at Thai prices that mounts up quickly).

joe552
November 22nd, 2017, 03:50
I don' know if central heating works on the same principle. I turned my thermostat down to about 20, and the system didn't work. When the man came to fix it, he told me to leaved the thermostat at 30, and the system will switch itself off.

Sorry I don't know if that made any sense.

cdnmatt
November 22nd, 2017, 04:02
Matt, I am astounded that you do not understand that air from your aircon is delivered at a static temperature, regardless of how you set the controller.

The controller is really only a thermostat, switching on 'energy saving' when the room reaches the dialed-up temperature. If you separately measured the room temp I would be surprised if you got anywhere near 18C. What is mostly happening is the aircon is removing humidity/water vapour from the air and making you feel cooler.

If you select a more reasonable temp (say 25-26C) you will get the same result and save yourself electricity costs (at Thai prices that mounts up quickly).

What are you talking about? I'm quite confident it's a whole lot colder in my room if I put the A/C at 18C versus 26C. When I'm awake I keep it at 26C. However, when sleeping I like it as cold as I can get it. One of the many reasons Leo and myself don't sleep together. It's way too cold for him.

Oh, and what saves on electric costs is ensuring your A/C are properly maintained once or twice a year. That drops the costs enormously.

scottish-guy
November 22nd, 2017, 06:42
.. When the man came to fix it, he told me to leave the thermostat at 30....

Wait - you have your central heating at 30c?

No wonder your nose is sweating dear - and your knackers must be like two boiled vervain hummingbird eggs

:stop_mini:

joe552
November 22nd, 2017, 08:50
I turn on my central heating manually, but pushing a button and when the room warms up I switch it off again

christianpfc
November 22nd, 2017, 19:26
What is mostly happening is the aircon is removing humidity/water vapour from the air and making you feel cooler.

...electricity costs (at Thai prices that mounts up quickly).
I don't think so. Only in few cases the aircon goes under the dew point (that's the temperature where the relative humidity reaches 100% and water condenses), like the one in DJ station 2nd floor that was spewing mist and had a wet spot underneath (I almost slipped, that's why I remember it so well).

Thai electricity prices are rather low (at least compared to Germany).