PDA

View Full Version : a whore by any other name...

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2017, 02:01
In Thailand most whores are upfront about their chosen careers. But sometimes they go about it in a round about way...as in..I not MB but I student and need money for university..
A trend I notice at home is guys on grindr looking to hook up looking for " rewards:"...or sometimes I'll hook up on grindr have a good fuck session and then a few days later will get a msg saying can I " loan" them cash...
Any other variations u guys have come across??

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 02:27
What I find amusing is that sometimes, when you meet an older farang-younger Thai couple for the first time, the farang makes it a point to indicate, in a roundabout way, that his partner is not a sex worker or was from the sex industry. I mean who goes around introducing a girlfriend, boyfriend or spouse by detailing their work/educational history? One instance that I will never forget is a farang introducing his boyfriend as a hi-so Thai. The Thai guy was so embarrassed - and he was a nice guy too. And would have been great to chat with if his farang had not butted in every time I tried to speak to him (the Thai guy).

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 02:47
latin, I've never cum across a boy I didn't like (see what I did there:?) ah feck off, it's Sunday

cdnmatt
November 20th, 2017, 03:07
I haven't really done MBs too much, but for me it was always pretty obvious. During my Pattaya days, them being on stage wearing nothing but white briefs was a bit of a give away. Was able to figure that one out all on my own. :)

Then when it came to up here, it just boiled down to common sense? That 32yo that judging from his messages was quite obviously suffering from a case of blue balls? Yeah, he was free. The cute 19yo who was hesistant to meet me, and asked things like how can he trust that I won't hurt him? Yeah, that guy was in it solely for the money.

Lots of young gays up here seem to be under the assumption that us farangs are out to sell and/or kill them. I know Leo was before he first came to meet me. His mother kept warning him against coming to see me, because I might sell him. Oh, for fuck sakes.... Sorry, but I don't sell people, nor do I kill them. I don't know, just not really my forte.

llz
November 20th, 2017, 03:18
On Facebook they sometimes have the usual ชายน้ำ / khay nam (sell water) or ขายบริการ / khay borikaan (sell services) ; however very few will tell that they ขายตัว / khay tua (sell myself)
More frequently they รับจ้าง / rap jang or รับงาน / rap ngaan (hire myself out) or more discreetly หาค่าห้อง / ha kha hong (seeking (money) for the rent) and หาค่าเทอม / ha kha term (seeking (money) for the school fees).

The one I prefer is หาค่าขนม / ha kha khanom (seeking (money) for cakes) - very sweet !

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2017, 04:20
for cakes!?...so a male version of the "honey"

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 04:39
On Facebook they sometimes have the usual ชายน้ำ / khay nam (sell water) or ขายบริการ / khay borikaan (sell services) ; however very few will tell that they ขายตัว / khay tua (sell myself)
More frequently they รับจ้าง / rap jang or รับงาน / rap ngaan (hire myself out) or more discreetly หาค่าห้อง / ha kha hong (seeking (money) for the rent) and หาค่าเทอม / ha kha term (seeking (money) for the school fees).

The one I prefer is หาค่าขนม / ha kha khanom (seeking (money) for cakes) - very sweet !

Great post, Ilz, the kind I like.

ชายน้ำ / khay nam (sell water) : I've never heard of this one...this is rather crude but funny I guess because 'water' here is figurative/short for semen. A Thai would never use the full word for semen (น้ำอสุจิ nám à-sù-jì) in daily convo. Only a doctor or someone literal like Christian might.

ขายบริการ / khay borikaan (sell services): most common usage for selling sexual services. Subtle and can be humorous depending on who is saying it and how.

ขายตัว / khay tua (sell myself): strictly speaking, it means 'sell body'. Derogatory.

รับจ้าง / rap jang: strictly speaking, 'receive hire (for employment, service, task)'. It can be used in many different, everyday contexts. Wasn't aware it was used in solicitation for sex. I mean you can say "I'm available for hire to wash your windows or mow your lawn", for example.

หาค่าห้อง / ha kha hong (seeking (money) for the rent); หาค่าเทอม / ha kha term (seeking (money) for the school fees): subtle and obvious at the same time. ;) Appeals to the (guilty) conscience of the do-gooder John who'd like to think he's helping the boys and not buying sex.

หาค่าขนม / ha kha khanom (seeking (money) for cakes): I like this one too. It means "looking for snack money". Didn't know it was used in the context of buying sex but it's used as a metaphor for a bribe or under-the-table money. Usually a small, 'routine' bribe, for eg 500 Baht to your traffic policeman.

Thanks, Ilz.

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2017, 05:21
..all of a sudden ...now that i see the value...i wouldnt mind being able to read and speak Thai...

scottish-guy
November 20th, 2017, 06:41
What's the Thai word for "pony"?

:D

christianpfc
November 20th, 2017, 09:56
New mobile phone, schooling fees, rent, money for food, money for travel to see me, that's all I can think of at the moment.

scottish-guy
November 20th, 2017, 14:53
Indeed Christian - and although you can speak Thai very well and need no translation, for the rest of us the boys manage to communicate those needs in plain English :D

arsenal
November 20th, 2017, 15:00
Such all round.cynicism. Just because the ageing westerner offers his 'boyfriend' the opportunity of an escape doesn't mean he doesn't really really love you.
:yahoo_mini:

scottish-guy
November 20th, 2017, 15:54
As Colmx predicted:

Classless

arsenal
November 20th, 2017, 16:29
:dirol_mini:

marti
November 21st, 2017, 09:18
I haven't really done MBs too much,
What a lying sack of shit you are.

latintopxxx
November 21st, 2017, 10:08
what has a sack of shit ever done to u that u gotta insult it...????