PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm just getting annoyed

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 00:23
So the first fella from Si Saket, now living in Sri Racha, hasn't been in touch for 2 weeks. Now my Lao friend tells me he doesn't want to go to Sunee for my birthday (did I mention II'll be 62:?)

So I hope one of you will show up.

Brad the Impala
November 20th, 2017, 00:54
Would your Lao friend be happy to join you somewhere else? There are some people who would prefer not to go to, or be seen in, Sunee.

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 01:03
Would your Lao friend be happy to join you somewhere else? There are some people who would prefer not to go to, or be seen in, Sunee.

Not even for free meatloaf?

cdnmatt
November 20th, 2017, 01:25
Don't worry Joe, you still have Leo and myself to look forward to. :)

I actually broke the news to him this morning, that we simply won't be ready by Jan 5th, and will need to delay our move for an extra month. At the same time, I told him about you, and that he has to be here on the 15th, so we're good to go on this end. :)

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 01:47
Don't worry Joe, you still have Leo and myself to look forward to. :)

That's right, Joe. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland AND Through the Looking-glass. Two for the price of one; how could anyone refuse?

cdnmatt
November 20th, 2017, 01:53
SGlad, put the meth down. You're a much better poster when you're normal.

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2017, 01:56
joe..naturally your true loves r not showing up...I hate to break it to you (NOT!) but u gotta show YOUR interest by showering them with cash...like the ancient biblical saying goes.." no money...no honey".
Remember in Thailand pre-lubed bubble butted guys old enough to be your grandchild will love u forever as long as the cash endures...

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 02:06
SGlad, put the meth down. You're a much better poster when you're normal.

How did you know? :D

Nah, just having a bit of fun. On a roll but not on drugs. ;) I just love throwing out literary references as it will only confuse the jumbo dumbo from Down Under further.:dirol_mini:

No malice intended. Peace dude.

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 02:28
Brad I've sent him a message asking where he'd like to go, i thought since it was MY birthday, the choice of location would be mine. Anyway I'll still be in Sunee about 5.30 and happy to buy a drink if anyone is around at Green Chairs, then I'll head off to where HE wants to go. He doesn't finish school until about 8pm, as far as I know.

There's a part of me which resents giving him the choice, It's my feckin birthday, I'll be paying, should be up to me. But in the interests of international harmony, I'll let him choose. He better have a nice fecikin present!

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 02:40
He doesn't finish school until about 8pm, as far as I know.

What's he studying, Joe?

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 02:40
Brad I've sent him a message asking where he'd like to go, i thought since it was MY birthday, the choice of location would be mine. Anyway I'll still be in Sunee about 5.30 and happy to buy a drink if anyone is around at Green Chairs, then I'll head off to where HE wants to go. He doesn't finish school until about 8pm, as far as I know.

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 02:42
Apparently he teaches massage. He's sent me a couple of photos.

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 02:47
Apparently he teaches massage. He's sent me a couple of photos.

Cool. I've met tonnes of westerners studying massage in Chiang Mai. They can make good money back home apparently. I think in Singapore a Thai massage starts at around $50.

Brad the Impala
November 20th, 2017, 02:54
It's my feckin birthday, I'll be paying, should be up to me. But in the interests of international harmony, I'll let him choose. He better have a nice fecikin present!

Yes, but he lives in Pattaya year round, doesn't he? And if he sees himself as of "a higher status" than the guys who hang out in Sunee, or aspires to be seen that way, he could risk that for your reunion. It is possible that the guys that you are seeking to meet again may be less enthusiastic about the prospect than you are. Put yourself in their shoes.......

sglad
November 20th, 2017, 03:03
Yes, but he lives in Pattaya year round, doesn't he? And if he sees himself as of "a higher status" than the guys who hang out in Sunee, or aspires to be seen that way, he could risk that for your reunion. It is possible that the guys that you are seeking to meet again may be less enthusiastic about the prospect than you are. Put yourself in their shoes.......

Interesting perspective, Brad. Just to add my two satang...also, it could be a bit uncomfortable? when the other person, whom they haven't seen in a long time, seems overly enthusiastic. They don't know what to expect and what you expect from them and Sunee Plaza, with all its connotations, is just added pressure.

Why must it be Sunee Plaza, Brad? Why not some "safe", quieter place in a shopping mall and drinks later with your farang friends in Sunee, with or without your Thai friend? I mean wouldn't you want a bit of privacy while you catch up? Do you really want all those busybody farangs with no lives eavesdropping on your every word, now that this meeting has been publicised and free drinks proffered?

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 03:24
sglad it's me not Brad who''s meeting the friend. Brad, I',m taking your advice and will meet him at a venue of his choosing.

joe552
November 20th, 2017, 04:44
I'll still be around Sunee at Green Chairs, from about 5.30 if any of you are about

Smiles
November 20th, 2017, 08:29
Can't you guys do all this by PM?

christianpfc
November 20th, 2017, 08:43
So the first fella from Si Saket, now living in Sri Racha, hasn't been in touch for 2 weeks. Now my Lao friend tells me he doesn't want to go to Sunee for my birthday (did I mention II'll be 62:?)
This is Thailand!

FarangRuMak
November 22nd, 2017, 15:26

There's a part of me which resents giving him the choice, It's my feckin birthday, I'll be paying, should be up to me. But in the interests of international harmony, I'll let him choose. He better have a nice fecikin present!
I wont be in Thailand but you have me on edge now about the whole thing.
The tension is getting to me and everyone else I think.
What will we all be like on the day before the Big Day?-nervous wrecks.
If you wire him some money the day before you will probably get a pair of socks.
If you don’t it will probably be Mangos from the family tree or whatever is in season but it’s the thought that counts.
I’m scared shitless that he’ll turn up with nothing or maybe not at all.
And it’s not even MY birthday.

joe552
November 23rd, 2017, 01:26
No chance of wiring him money. He wants a pair of Reeboks, or something similar. And I'll give him the money, 'cos I hate shopping and he'll go off and get what he wants. If last time is anything to go by, he'll buy me a nice polo shirt. The last one was for the London Olympics.